Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is up on Gamestop they have a 200$ edition i guess sku but no pics available its GS exclusive i guess manager said when i was in there.

Re backwards compatibility and emulating:

PS4 to PS5 however is just going to run native just like when you upgrade your x86 based PC. It's the same exact architecture through and through like PC like all cosoles will be going forward. Though without patches to enable any new features to query platform features including higher resolution or adding more objects, like PC, all you can expect is higher frame rates without developer support. And even then most are capped to a target by software design goals so most you will see is more stable framerates (eg no drops but no higher than target peak).
I don't understand this stuff that well, but in theory, couldn't they now make games that just scale to based on whether it's running on PS4 or PS5 hardware (kind of like changing the settings on a PC game to run low/med/high)? I can't help but feel that some of the late stage PS4 games, like LoUII and Ghost of Tsushima are being developed so they can take advantage of the PS5 hardware or be scaled down to PS4 specs.

Do you guys think the CE is really going to be worth it? I see everyone buying it. I think its too much, and we don't even know if the game will be good. I would bite maybe at $100, but at $200 for a new IP, its making me hesitate. What is in the CE that makes everyone think its worth that price?

I think I want to try to get a Vita LE for The House in Fata Morgana tomorrow. Can anyone say what I should expect dealing with Limited Run Games? Do their releases typically sell out quickly? 

Hollow Knight CEs for Switch are shipping out from Fangamer. Mine should be here tomorrow; not sure if I'll he home to receive; might have to wait for my wife to bring it to me over the weekend (relocated for promotion, so currently living 220 miles apart).

I think I want to try to get a Vita LE for The House in Fata Morgana tomorrow. Can anyone say what I should expect dealing with Limited Run Games? Do their releases typically sell out quickly?
I think I want to try to get a Vita LE for The House in Fata Morgana tomorrow. Can anyone say what I should expect dealing with Limited Run Games? Do their releases typically sell out quickly?
2 waves of sale, one in the morning one in the afternoon. Depends on whether if something highly sought after, high demand title will be gone within 90 secs.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Do you guys think the CE is really going to be worth it? I see everyone buying it. I think its too much, and we don't even know if the game will be good. I would bite maybe at $100, but at $200 for a new IP, its making me hesitate. What is in the CE that makes everyone think its worth that price?
Even if the game isn't good, I'm holding out hope that the CE ends up being rare because of some activist group sees this, misunderstands it as some pro-life or pro-choice thing, and the opposing side argues against whatever the first side thought it was about, things start getting heated just as release comes around, a few copies get shipped out before the thing is recalled for being too controversial and it ends up being super rare.

*fingers crossed*

9m55CwZ.jpg

Day One buy.

Some don't, but it's not worth gambling on. If you want it, you're gonna want to be on when the batch goes up. Have an account created before then.

I don't understand this stuff that well, but in theory, couldn't they now make games that just scale to based on whether it's running on PS4 or PS5 hardware (kind of like changing the settings on a PC game to run low/med/high)? I can't help but feel that some of the late stage PS4 games, like LoUII and Ghost of Tsushima are being developed so they can take advantage of the PS5 hardware or be scaled down to PS4 specs.
But then how would they sell you the HD 4K Reremake?

But then how would they sell you the HD 4K Reremake?
The same way every other game has a new "game of the year gold ultimate collection directors cut remastered super edition edition edition" with a new sku every 3 months.

Nothing beats clearing 50 older releases from your list to catch up with releases during a sale only to put half of them back in the upcoming releases list as a new "edition".

Some don't, but it's not worth gambling on. If you want it, you're gonna want to be on when the batch goes up. Have an account created before then.
Thanks, I just made an account. I was about 30 minutes late to the sale this morning and I had already missed it so I guess this one is sort of in demand. I don't intend to miss it again.

I really like the dark knight statue with the FFIX stormbringers CE, but the price I think is just too much. I think I'm gonna cancel it.

How rare do you think it'll be? There's a waiting list. I was hoping to buy the statue separately on ebay or something later, but if the price for this skyrockets like Nier Automata Black Box, the statue itself might cost $200 anyway.

So debating on whether or not to keep.

I really like the dark knight statue with the FFIX stormbringers CE, but the price I think is just too much. I think I'm gonna cancel it.

How rare do you think it'll be? There's a waiting list. I was hoping to buy the statue separately on ebay or something later, but if the price for this skyrockets like Nier Automata Black Box, the statue itself might cost $200 anyway.
So debating on whether or not to keep.
It sold out fairly quickly I remember

Get your orders in now. These things have always sold out pretty quickly on Amazon in the past.
Even better if you still have GCU. It also is $10 Reward eligible for preorder.

I would be very disappointed if the US version doesn't come with the steelbook, but it is easy to cancel if it comes to that.

Nintendo of America will likely hide their stock of the steelbook in a corner of their warehouse until the sales die down. Then off to Best Buy they go for new purchases only. :roll:

Nintendo of America will likely hide their stock of the steelbook in a corner of their warehouse until the sales die down. Then off to Best Buy they go for new purchases only. :roll:
Bleh, don't remind me. You really know how to kill a buzz! It's so the truth though.

Looks like a steelbook. This is from the PEGI (EU) version:
The steelbook collector in me wants to snag it right away, but it's not very nice looking and I don't like the look of the covermon.

Ubisoft store has a pretty big E3 sale going on and both Division 2 CEs are in stock and 33% off. In 1 week (still during the sale) the game will be 3 months old and the 20% off for 100 uplay points should work. That's if the games are still in stock.

https://store.ubi.com/us/game/?dwvar_5b06a39a4e0165fa45ffdd05_Platform=xbox1&pid=5b06a39a4e0165fa45ffdd05&lang=en_US&edition=Dark%20Zone%20Definitive%20Collector&source=detail

No other CEs are in stock, but a few figures/statues are and on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back