Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shopto just cancelled my pre-order...

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that we are having to cancel your pre-order/s for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Limited Edition as unfortunately this item can only be shipped within the UK. If you have pre-paid for your pre-order, you will be refunded and informed by our Accounts team, the refund process has already begun.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards
I really want this, Link's Awakening was the first game I beat and I have so many fond memories of it... but I'm so sick of having to hunt just to get a preorder in. No clue how you guys do this but fuck NOA for shafting NA once again.

Never order with PlayAsia before, how are their shipping? Do they pack well? Are multiple preorders ship all at once or on release date? Do they charge immediately?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Never order with PlayAsia before, how are their shipping? Do they pack well? Are multiple preorders ship all at once or on release date? Do they charge immediately?
They charge when they ship. They ship everything together. Anything more than a pair of switch games typically comes in a box with sufficient padding. They always include a sticker and coupon for your next purchase (of $60 or more).

I’ve only had one issue where I was sent the wrong item. They fixed it, but didn’t really have a good process for getting the incorrect item back to them.

Shipping can be a little pricey. For example the Darius Cozmic Collection cost 22.00 to ship to the states (from Europe) and it arrived well packaged. They hold orders until all items are available (though I don't know if I'd bundle these two CEs into one order if that's what you're thinking) and for larger CE pre-orders there is no cancellation, which will be stated on the item's page.

I know that if you use PayPal it's charged immediately, not entirely sure about credit card.

While Play-Asia can be a little pricey relative to Amazon, I've generally had good results with them over about 8 different orders.

Just got an order of astral chain on Amazon.it

Also Link's Awakening keeps going in and out of stock. Failed at the last stage of checkout

Re: Link's Awakening Special Edition

I got the same cancellation email from Shopto but I'm not sure why because I do have a UK business that I was having it shipped to. WTF!

For shipping, packaging is fine. Speed is not great unless you buy the premium shipping which can be pricey (usually $20+)

Your order will ship once everything in your order has been released. So if you buy something releasing in September in the same order as something releasing in January, then it'll ship in January. Myself and others have also had issues where Play-Asia won't retain stock for you if pre-orders release at different times (i.e. if the September item sells out they won't keep one for your January order).

If you pay with PayPal, they charge immediately. If you pay with a card, they charge when it ships.

One additional note - Play-Asia's customer service is notoriously bad. Make sure your order details are all correct and try to keep your order as simple as possible to reduce any issues.

All that said, I've probably spent a few thousand at Play-Asia over the years and I've only had issues a handful of times. Typically they're very reliable and they're definitely a legitimate store.

D9-XWzu-XU8-AAef-z.jpg

From shopto:

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that we are having to cancel your pre-order/s for The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Limited Edition as unfortunately this item can only be shipped within the UK. If you have pre-paid for your pre-order, you will be refunded and informed by our Accounts team, the refund process has already begun.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Best Regards

How do they get away with this? I doubt Nintendo or any other publisher would give them stock knowing they're going to set the retail price based on demand.
Retailers can charge whatever they want for an item unless they specifically agreed to price as part of a sale or something (i.e., PS Days of Play).

Anyone still looking for a sealed Seikiro CE (PS4) with letter opener?  Hit me up for details as I am looking to help a fellow CAG out.

Here's what the Best Buy Bloodstained metalpak looks like:

The Switch cartridge slot is just a cheap piece of plastic that falls out when you open it... :shame:

$14.99 without the game.

Pretty rowdy in here over a steelbook that BB will just get a few months after release in the US.
I've seen posts like this multiple times in one way or another... what's this about/in reference to? I'm guessing there was something where there was to be a exclusive steelbook and it ended up being available at BestBuy?

The Switch cartridge slot is just a cheap piece of plastic that falls out when you open it... :shame:

$14.99 without the game.
They really should have offered that with the PS4 version too. Makes much more sense.

I've seen posts like this multiple times in one way or another... what's this about/in reference to? I'm guessing there was something where there was to be a exclusive steelbook and it ended up being available at BestBuy?
Best Buy started selling/offering for free with game the Pokemon Let's Go steelbooks well after the game's launch. I believe they were an overseas exclusive until then.

$14.99 without the game.
I still dont understand why this is not included with the ps4 / xb1 version

They really should have offered that with the PS4 version too. Makes much more sense.

Best Buy started selling/offering for free with game the Pokemon Let's Go steelbooks well after the game's launch. I believe they were an overseas exclusive until then.
They did something similar with Mario Kart though I don’t know if that was released in other regions before Best Buy got it

Bloodstained is really testing my 'steelbook' obsession..... do I really want a full priced copy of the worst performing platform version just for a case?.........

You don't. I ended up canceling mine. 720p 30fps when I have the option of 1080p 60fps is too big a difference to me, IMO.

I canceled it when I realized I'd just keep the metal case and trading in the NS version immediately, and canceled the stand-alone $14.99 case so I wouldn't be spending $55 on it for the PS4 version. I'll just wait til the combined can be had for under $40.

I'm gonna take my Switch version to my local Best Buy since the steelbook should come in a separate shipment and say I ordered the wrong version, can I swap it out? See what they say.

$14.99 without the game.
I don't see a web product listing or as an add-on bonus with any of the games. Is this just a free add-on that will come with the purchase of the game in stores?

Still haven't seen Amazon.fr restock Zelda or Astral Chain, I wonder if they put up everything they have already.

Did somebody actually see it open for orders?

I have some doubt about using "#1 seller" badge on the listing as a metric of whether it went live yet, mainly because the ASIN is the same across more than one region, and it's possible they listed it as #1 for all regions because of it. Now if somebody actually saw it live I'd be more willing to believe it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back