Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks but after shipping they both come out to over $500.

play-asia: $525 + $29 shipping - $26 coupon = $528
nin-nin-game: $468 + $37 shipping = $505

Assuming I make the bad choice of buying this, which seller is more reliable? I've ordered 3x from play-asia, and I've been very happy with them. Never used nin-nin
I bought my NiNoKuni Gold PS3 from them, they were very good!

As far as I can tell, the Ultimate Edition does NOT have all the contents of the others. You don't get all the lithographs or pins, and the journal looks to be from the IWD bundle. Kinda pissed about that and not sure if I'd go with a couple of smaller sets rather than the big one. NWN was never a game that was all that special to me but the others were my childhood.
Kind of torn on this as well, if it included everything from all 3 it'd be a no brainer.

Don't care about the journals, does anyone ever actually write in these or even the "Notes" section of manuals etc? I think I did in 1-2 games back when I was about 10. They're not even useful for displaying like an art book or steelbook.

My main concern however is trying to play an isometric RPG on a controller. I have Pillars of Eternity on PS4 but its stuck in THE BACKLOGTM, can anyone chime in on how fun it is to play a game like these on a console?

Kind of torn on this as well, if it included everything from all 3 it'd be a no brainer.

Don't care about the journals, does anyone ever actually write in these or even the "Notes" section of manuals etc? I think I did in 1-2 games back when I was about 10. They're not even useful for displaying like an art book or steelbook.

My main concern however is trying to play an isometric RPG on a controller. I have Pillars of Eternity on PS4 but its stuck in THE BACKLOGTM, can anyone chime in on how fun it is to play a game like these on a console?
I havent played Pillars of Eternity on the PS4 (Loved it on the PC), but if it plays anything like Divinity:Original Sin or Wasteland 2 did for consloes, it ought to do well. Takes some time to get used to, but once you do, it's a good fit.

Thankful for the Axis powers for allowing me to preorder this set... Hopefully they don't crumble.

It's funny, I'll actually be over there when the game comes out... I'll have to wait 2 weeks before playing it =(

Sweet, Zelda just popped up again on Amazon IT, got it through Amazon app. I can breathe now that I have a backup order for GAME

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

How’s Amazon.it’s shipping? .de to me has always been well packaged, but heard people say .uk’s sucks. Never heard anything about .it’s.

Thanks but after shipping they both come out to over $500.

play-asia: $525 + $29 shipping - $26 coupon = $528
nin-nin-game: $468 + $37 shipping = $505

Assuming I make the bad choice of buying this, which seller is more reliable? I've ordered 3x from play-asia, and I've been very happy with them. Never used nin-nin
Amazon.jp now allows it to ship the the US. Comes out to $387.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/Nintendo-ドラゴンクエストXI-ロトエディション-【Amazon-co-jp限定】ドラゴンクエスト-ドット絵練習帳/dp/B07ST16H4Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&imageClass=hi-res&keywords=dragon+quest+switch&phoneCarrier=wifi&phoneType=iPhone&qid=1561743782&rd=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1&view=Touch9

How long until Best Buy returns the money from a pre order? It's been almost 3 weeks since I pre ordered Cyberpunk and still no money back.

How long until Best Buy returns the money from a pre order? It's been almost 3 weeks since I pre ordered Cyberpunk and still no money back.
For a credit or debit card? The pending charge drops after about a week to 10 days. Kind of depends on the bank though (one of my banks takes up to 2 weeks to drop a pending charge).

If you paid by Paypal you paid in full at the time of the preorder and will not be getting that money back unless you cancel the order.

What do you mean no money back exactly? Did you cancel a pre-order? If so, no money should have been taken they only charge when it ships, they do a temporary charge that goes away in 3-4 days.

Unless you paid with Paypal or something? If so I have no idea, I don't use Paypal outside of ebay.

For a credit or debit card? The pending charge drops after about a week to 10 days. Kind of depends on the bank though (one of my banks takes up to 2 weeks to drop a pending charge).

If you paid by Paypal you paid in full at the time of the preorder and will not be getting that money back unless you cancel the order.
Damn, didn't know about the Paypal thing. Thanks.

Amazon.uk shipping to the US currently! Comes out to $80 at checkout. They also have a £6 promo for creating a wishlist so I got one for ~$74!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T4Q53ZL/?coliid=I3MPNYTXD7ECE8&colid=269XU424UCU1E&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Feel like this has come back in stock a few times... and of course, I've missed it each time. Here's hoping they make tons of these so that my wallet doesn't get raped too hard when I pay scalper prices on eBay.

This Final Fantasy 7 one, i dunno... i preordered the 300$ but the fact its just the separate figure and game, and not really a CE per say really is making me want to cancel. convince me fellas, this is overpriced and I should just cancel, right?

This Final Fantasy 7 one, i dunno... i preordered the 300$ but the fact its just the separate figure and game, and not really a CE per say really is making me want to cancel. convince me fellas, this is overpriced and I should just cancel, right?
I cancel that edition really 300 is an abuse

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Unless you're a fan of giant expensive statues, I'd say cancel... I have one preordered too and am similarly on the fence.

If you collect Play Arts Kai action figures, then it’s a really good deal. The Advent Children version of Cloud with Fenrir goes for more than the cost of this CE.

Yea its not even a Statue, I collect Playarts Kai figures mainly due to the different poses you can do with them. These things were originally expensive to began with. Some of the FF ones goes for upwards of $500 now due to them being discontinued.

I had it pre-ordered and cancelled it two days later. Being separate pieces and no real CE box or anything (like you said), the statue is essentially $250 (it may be high quality but that is quite a bit of money for it), and the fact that it is still in stock and many have said they cancelled their orders makes me believe this will be available after release and on sale at one point like some other CE they still have in stock. It's no Nier Automata Black Box Edition, that's for sure.

I had it pre-ordered and cancelled it two days later. Being separate pieces and no real CE box or anything (like you said), the statue is essentially $250 (it may be high quality but that is quite a bit of money for it), and the fact that it is still in stock and many have said they cancelled their orders makes me believe this will be available after release and on sale at one point like some other CE they still have in stock. It's no Nier Automata Black Box Edition, that's for sure.
I have mine for now but I might cancel unless some hands on impression of the statue are really good. Every thing I've seen from SE simply suggests this is just a money grab from a merchandise standpoint. At least most of the hands on impressions of the games have been good though.

Lol you do know that Nier Automata Black Box Edition was also available for preorder for Months as well, only selling out roughly a month before release. Dragon Quest XI CE literally didn't sell out until the day before release. You may be right or wrong about this being widely available after release and possibly being discounted but not selling out at this point doesnt mean anything. In reality I don't really see SE discounting this in the future due to it being a PAK figure instead of a generic statue. While some of the PAK figures on SE stores do get discounted, the Final Fantasy ones rarely do.

Dang been super busy last few days and didn't even have time to check for a Link's Awakening SE. I'd gladly pay a fee to be able to take a step pre-order off someone's hands. We should have a pre-ordering pre-order service 🤣

Lol you do know that Nier Automata Black Box Edition was also available for preorder for Months as well, only selling out roughly a month before release. Dragon Quest XI CE literally didn't sell out until the day before release. You may be right or wrong about this being widely available after release and possibly being discounted but not selling out at this point doesnt mean anything. In reality I don't really see SE discounting this in the future due to it being a PAK figure instead of a generic statue. While some of the PAK figures on SE stores do get discounted, the Final Fantasy ones rarely do.
I guess I was more referring to the Nier one actually being a true CE and way more affordable. But you do have a good point.

Sorry if this was answered previously, but does Skybound charge for those Baldur’s Gate/etc. CE at time of order or when it ships? Or do they do the Best Buy repeating charge BS?

Sorry if this was answered previously, but does Skybound charge for those Baldur’s Gate/etc. CE at time of order or when it ships? Or do they do the Best Buy repeating charge BS?
From their faq:

Q: When will my credit card be charged?

A: Your card is processed at the time of order placement.

It's always a guessing game with predicting something selling out. If we knew how many were being produced then we might be able to make a more educated guess.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was hoping they didnt charge until it shipped. I really want this but I cant decide on the switch or ps4 versions. If there isnt a huge difference I would love the portability of the switch but if they do HDR or 4k then I will go for the ps4. I wish they gave more information.

I was hoping they didnt charge until it shipped. I really want this but I cant decide on the switch or ps4 versions. If there isnt a huge difference I would love the portability of the switch but if they do HDR or 4k then I will go for the ps4. I wish they gave more information.
I agree, I wish there was more info really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back