Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, I had a guy in a store once talk to me about collecting Funko Pops (unsolicited) and the level of sweat he got into about acid from fingers handling the box, I couldn't even. The moment I smell a nerd like that on ebay, I just block from auction and ignore the question. Granted I've primarily dealt in new releases, so I've avoided collectors almost altogether.

I'm extremely anal and picky with my stuff, so I'm a very demanding buyer on eBay. But the thing is that I sell much more than I buy, and my packaging, descriptions, photos, etc are all up to my own extremely high standards. So I know just how easy it is to operate that way--it takes almost no extra time and shipping in boxes is also quite cheap. Plus, let's be honest, if an adult that can drive and vote can't, for instance, see if a piece of paper is creased or not, then that's an issue on a level far beyond an eBay video game sale. And keep in mind that example includes a direct message to ask about that very thing, along with a detailed description of common areas and even a photo for visual aid. These things are far beyond what anyone should honestly need.

My Fire Emblem came in good shape from BB. No dings or anything.  Steelbook and art book are good quality too.  The only odd thing out is the calendar which has no holidays on it, but a bunch of character birthdays.

Wish I could say the same for my copy from GameStop. The steelbook has a lot of damage to it, and I don't mean the intentional weathering. At least the art book looks good. I really need to stop wasting my money on collector's editions of games. 

Collector Sellers = Markup super high for items they think are gold bricks, sit on the item for YEARS at cons and on ebay vs lowering the price to a reasonable price and MOVE the item. If the seller cant lower a price then he overpaid or a is a douche bag person.

Yikes with these eBay stories. Any good marketplace's to sell them? I'd rather take less for friends/family PayPal then the hassle. Need to start making space soon

I sell games on mercari, over 330 transactions 300+ sold, I haven’t ran into someone like that yet. But I post plenty pics n write a description like if I was the one buying. I price most my stuff according to pricecharting recently sold, n I normally work with buyers a dollar or two off...plus buyer pays shipping...ive sold a few rare games like worms Armageddon 64 for example

Once the million questions start I block, everything is written well enough in the description n my feedback speaks for its self, I feel I shouldn’t have to deal with that.

Anything Nintendo is almost guaranteed to sell...however I struggle to sell ps2, or og Xbox games.

It’s been a decent side thing for the past 2 years...and I find some sweet stuff for myself at great prices occasionally

Warning about EU/UK Amazon shipping to US. Other than some case-based PS4 games I got from Amazon.fr, most of my imports of boxed special editions from UK/ES/IT have arrived somewhat damaged. It's probably because I choose the cheapest shipping.

I received a Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition (European version) yesterday from Amazon UK, and the box looked like it fell apart and they had to retape it. The box was pretty beat up, but the contents were fine.

Warning about EU/UK Amazon shipping to US. Other than some case-based PS4 games I got from Amazon.fr, most of my imports of boxed special editions from UK/ES/IT have arrived somewhat damaged. It's probably because I choose the cheapest shipping.

I received a Fire Emblem Three Houses Limited Edition (European version) yesterday from Amazon UK, and the box looked like it fell apart and they had to retape it. The box was pretty beat up, but the contents were fine.
US Custom or carrier did the retaping?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I, for one, like that Gamestop sells Star Wars Black 6" figures for $22.99 when everyone else sells them for $19.99.  I also like when my 'new' games are gutted.   Or on the rare occasion that you return a 'new' gutted game they tell you "No, you opened this and played it".  But my most favorite thing of all is when they sell my pre-orders to somebody else.  Or tell me that I should have pre-ordered things that were 99% unavailable.

How dare you besmirch the good name of Gamestop, SpraykwoN.   

I, for one, like that Gamestop sells Star Wars Black 6" figures for $22.99 when everyone else sells them for $19.99. I also like when my 'new' games are gutted. Or on the rare occasion that you return a 'new' gutted game they tell you "No, you opened this and played it". But my most favorite thing of all is when they sell my pre-orders to somebody else. Or tell me that I should have pre-ordered things that were 99% unavailable.

And so it begins............

I, for one, like that Gamestop sells Star Wars Black 6" figures for $22.99 when everyone else sells them for $19.99. I also like when my 'new' games are gutted. Or on the rare occasion that you return a 'new' gutted game they tell you "No, you opened this and played it". But my most favorite thing of all is when they sell my pre-orders to somebody else. Or tell me that I should have pre-ordered things that were 99% unavailable.

Whoopsie :whistle2:

More places to buy physical games should be a good thing--for those of us that collect or prefer it over digital. But most of Gamestop's policies are so incredibly shit that I'm conflicted as to whether that is actually true or not in their case. 

I really couldn't care either way if Gamestop goes under. I'm not rooting for it, I don't shop there much and whatever exclusives they get would just go elsewhere if they went under(probably publisher website exclusives for most of them). I mean it'd suck for a lot of people to lose their jobs though, but nothing can really be done about it. Companies go under all the time, it's just the way it goes.

Heard today that Gamestop fired a Quarter of their Regional and District managers to cut cost.
They're in serious serious trouble. It's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter if 'when' the only question is can they make it to the console launches in 2020? That will keep them afloat for a little longer, but in terms of games sales they just are done. Their model isn't sustainable.

Not just them, large retail B&M chains are no longer going to exist. It'll be large mega retailers like Best Buy/Walmart/Target(who profit off lots of other things besides games) Amazon, and digital sales. That's really it. Commercial B&M game retailers are going to be a thing of the past. Sure there will be some mom and pop game stores here and there, but that's it.

Gamestop is trying to turn largely into retro game sales to shake it up per recent reports, but I don't see that working either. Retro games don't have a large market, it's a very niche demographic. It's going to be the end of an era, really.

My gamestop turned into a toy store a few years ago. They keep the games in this secluded corner giving PS4 and Xbox maybe 8 feet of wall space for their games. And a rack for PS3 and Wii/WiiU. Once that happened I kind of stopped going. Because I know even if it says they have a game in stock on the website for a game preowned. I know damn well they won't have the case for it because they don't have the floor space to keep game cases.

My gamestop turned into a toy store a few years ago. They keep the games in this secluded corner giving PS4 and Xbox maybe 8 feet of wall space for their games. And a rack for PS3 and Wii/WiiU. Once that happened I kind of stopped going. Because I know even if it says they have a game in stock on the website for a game preowned. I know damn well they won't have the case for it because they don't have the floor space to keep game cases.
Yeah I went into a GS for the first time in at least 2 years and was shocked at how much merch they had. I don't have anything against that but their stores are so cluttered now.

And though I'm no fan of GS (anymore, used to think they were a solid place to pick up games during B2G1F sales), it sucks seeing more and more sources of physical games die out. I know digital is the future and whatnot but my fear is that, once it goes to a all digital environment, that there'll be no need for publishers to be price concussions. Like, in an all digital market, Sony will be the only one to sell PS4 (and 5) games through the PS Store, which is no different than it is now, except that they no longer have to worry about physical game sales. So why bother lower prices on digital games (which once you buy, you're stuck with)?

I just don't see how it can survive, unfortunately for them. What's the incentive for the majority of consumers for getting in their car and driving to a game store these days? There are absolutely none unless the sales are so amazing, it's worth their while, but Gamestop generally has the worst sales and policies, so not only isn't that a draw, but the opposite. You don't need to leave your house to buy games anymore and can get them cheaper than Gamestop without waiting in lines, wasting gas, and being hassled by employees trying to sell you warranties and extra controllers and such. And get them delivered right to your door on release day at a better price and with better deals. Or just get them digitally immediately.

For them to attract more in-store customers they'd have to have sales so amazing that they'd no longer be profitable and then they still end up losing anyway. I don't see a logical path toward them staying in business. Best case scenario is I think they focus on collectibles and retro games, close down like 90% of their stores and keep a select few open and that's it.

For years, I have been turning my Discover Cash Back bonus into Gamestop gift cards because you get a $50 gift card for $45 cash back. Plus I didn't really care for the other partner gift cards they offered. But I guess soon enough, I will be forced to find another retailer to use that cash back on. I could just put it toward my payment of the bill, but with the gift card option, you gain an extra $5 each time of reward.

Tbh I see the firings as less of a doomsday sign and more that upper management realized how useless the DMs actually are. When I worked there the only thing they ever did was set insane goals and harass managers who were already overworked. The dude in my district wanted us to get preorders and GPGs on 50% of our transactions and sign 20 people up for the credit card every day. Basically encouraging that scummy GS behavior.

Btw that reminds me, if you guys have pre-orders there, I'd suggest taking your money out unless it comes out later this year. You may lose out if they go under. I mean, you may not, but I wouldn't risk it if you have something in 2020, unless you can afford to lose it.

For years, I have been turning my Discover Cash Back bonus into Gamestop gift cards because you get a $50 gift card for $45 cash back. Plus I didn't really care for the other partner gift cards they offered. But I guess soon enough, I will be forced to find another retailer to use that cash back on. I could just put it toward my payment of the bill, but with the gift card option, you gain an extra $5 each time of reward.
I used to do the same... the best part was GS was part of Discover's 5% bonus cash back stores so you'd get 5% bonus cashback just for shopping there. I stopped getting them because even with all the savings factored in, GS was always WAY more expensive than other alternatives. I now just use my Discover CB on Amazon since it's a dollar for dollar rate (vs some other cards, like it's $1 on Amazon = $1.25 at Chase rewards).

Btw that reminds me, if you guys have pre-orders there, I'd suggest taking your money out unless it comes out later this year. You may lose out if they go under. I mean, you may not, but I wouldn't risk it if you have something in 2020, unless you can afford to lose it.
All of your drama here is just stupid. People have been saying for years they’re going under in a matter of minutes, but they’re still there.

They’re not going anywhere for at least a few years. Sure, they cut managers; next, they’ll close stores that are obviously too close/ under performing.

There are good deals to be had if you play the system. Less competition is also terrible. Amazon matches GameStop’s sales and they’re often pretty decent when it comes to clearance prices. They’ve been running x games for x price off and on for most of the year, again good deals to be had.

All of your drama here is just stupid. People have been saying for years they’re going under in a matter of minutes, but they’re still there.

They’re not going anywhere for at least a few years. Sure, they cut managers; next, they’ll close stores that are obviously too close/ under performing.

There are good deals to be had if you play the system. Less competition is also terrible. Amazon matches GameStop’s sales and they’re often pretty decent when it comes to clearance prices. They’ve been running x games for x price off and on for most of the year, again good deals to be had.
1. It's not "drama" not mine anyway lol

2. Gamestop's future is widely talked about as dire by pretty much everyone, it isn't just me. Google it, don't live in denial. It's reality, unfortunately. They've lost like 90+% of their value as a company and their stock has dropped to like $3.85.

3. What Gamestop do you work at?

1. It's not "drama" not mine anyway lol

2. Gamestop's future is widely talked about as dire by pretty much everyone, it isn't just me. Google it, don't live in denial. It's reality, unfortunately. They've lost like 90+% of their value as a company and their stock has dropped to like $3.85.

3. What Gamestop do you work at?
Ah, typical CAG. Make a positive remark of a company and you’re now a fanboy or work there.

As I said, they’ll be around for a few years. No reason to try to incite fear.

Ah, typical CAG. Make a positive remark of a company and you’re now a fanboy or work there.
As I said, they’ll be around for a few years. No reason to try to incite fear.
It was a joke dude. And I was offering a little forewarning, no reason not to, people can decide what they want to do on their own. The company is failing its worth keeping in mind. For some reason you’re very defensive of GameStop, it’s kinda odd. If you don’t think they will shut down for a few years then ok. Not really worth starting an argument over and getting all aggressive, we’ll see what happens.

What does all this Gamestop crap have to do with Collector's Editions? I set up alerts so I don't miss out on games and all I keep reading is how Gamestop is gonna close, by a dude that doesn't even like/shop there like what the  fuck.

I really couldn't care either way if Gamestop goes under. I'm not rooting for it, I don't shop there much and whatever exclusives they get would just go elsewhere if they went under(probably publisher website exclusives for most of them). I mean it'd suck for a lot of people to lose their jobs though, but nothing can really be done about it. Companies go under all the time, it's just the way it goes.
Same here. I'm indifferent. I go there all the time to buy dorky gaming t-shirts when they are 10 bucks, certain clearance toys, or the occasional backpack. But I won't be sad when they go under. They also bought up every prime retail location and put every other game store out of business. They overreached immensely. They train and treat their workers like shit. New cool gaming stores will pop up in their stead and there will be other places to shop.

They're in serious serious trouble. It's not a matter of 'if' it's a matter if 'when' the only question is can they make it to the console launches in 2020? That will keep them afloat for a little longer, but in terms of games sales they just are done. Their model isn't sustainable.
Yeah, the writing has been on the wall for a couple years really. GS is finished; everybody who reads the business articles knows it. All potential investors have all backed out now due to the level of their unprofitability

Gamestop is trying to turn largely into retro game sales to shake it up per recent reports, but I don't see that working either. Retro games don't have a large market, it's a very niche demographic. It's going to be the end of an era, really.
Everybody likes retro games but nobody wants to pay for them. 2-5 years ago we had a single cool retro gaming store in just about every major mall and now they have all shut down. People walk in, point at things, and walk out. There are $60 NES classics now. Old carts aren't the only way to own these games legally anymore. The E-shop and PSN have come a long way too, finally selling old offerings again, and companies like Capcom and SquareEnix have found ways to monetize their most prestigious back catalogue titles.

Tbh I see the firings as less of a doomsday sign and more that upper management realized how useless the DMs actually are. When I worked there the only thing they ever did was set insane goals and harass managers who were already overworked. The dude in my district wanted us to get preorders and GPGs on 50% of our transactions and sign 20 people up for the credit card every day. Basically encouraging that scummy GS behavior.
Yep. It's a severe corporate culture problem starting from the very top all the way down through district management.

Gamestop almost went bankrupt last year dude, wake up. They lost $673 million in 2018 and could shutter their doors at any moment. They failed to secure several rounds of funding and were hung out high and dry in multiple instances of potentially being bought out. They are currently running on fumes. THE ENTIRE CHAIN could have been purchased, owned, and rebranded by multiple entities by now EXCEPT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT.

Gamestop almost went bankrupt last year dude, wake up. They lost $673 million in 2018 and could shutter their doors at any moment. They failed to secure several rounds of funding and were hung out high and dry in multiple instances of potentially being bought out. They are currently running on fumes. THE ENTIRE CHAIN could have been purchased, owned, and rebranded by multiple entities by now EXCEPT NO ONE WANTS TO BUY IT.
That seemed kinda shocking but after looking at their financials, that's not true. They didn't lose $673m, they had a book loss of $673m after an impairment write down (basically a loss in value assets, not necessary physical loss) of $964m- likely a one time hit though it's likely they'll have another in 2019 (doubt it'll be as big). Their actual operations are still profitable, believe it not, though going down. Even if you factor out investment (money ownership put in), they pulled in cash in 2018 rather than burn through it.

In short, GS isn't gonna die over night... but might in a few years. At their low point, some investment bank or lender will come in scoop them up and it'll likely survive for another year or two. I mean, look how long Sears survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back