Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know the msrp for the Astral Chain EU collectors edition? I remember someone saying that Amazon.de had a price glitch and I’m wondering if i got it. I ended up paying $60.

Anyone know the msrp for the Astral Chain EU collectors edition? I remember someone saying that Amazon.de had a price glitch and I’m wondering if i got it. I ended up paying $60.
If you paid under 60 USD with shipping, you got it.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Apparently Play Asia put up their Links Awakening Limited addition, and it costs even more than Ebay prices lol.

I noticed Game.co.uk also has the Ultimate Edition, anyone have experience with them?
Yes. They ship very slow. Any preorder bonus is a big guessing game on whether you’ll get it or not.
They won’t ship anything to the US that’s over 99.99£ they won’t ship anything to the us that’s over 1 or 2kg.
I’ve never been able to check out while logged into my account, but guest checkout has always worked.

Best Buy giving free steelbook with any Doom Eternal Pre-order.  IMO I like it better than the CE and glad I don't need to buy a helmet.
YL6dmzb.jpg

I remember reading something about a Monster Hunter World Iceborne mini steelbook at Best Buy with preorder, but I never saw it listed on the product page.  Is this one of those in-store only deals?

I remember reading something about a Monster Hunter World Iceborne mini steelbook at Best Buy with preorder, but I never saw it listed on the product page. Is this one of those in-store only deals?
It's with the digital edition of the upgrade.

Xbox One: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-expansion-edition-xbox-one-digital/6351372.p?skuId=6351372

PS4: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/monster-hunter-world-iceborne-expansion-edition-playstation-4-digital/6351394.p?skuId=6351394

Best Buy giving free steelbook with any Doom Eternal Pre-order. IMO I like it better than the CE and glad I don't need to buy a helmet.
Thanks--I was already leaning towards preordering from Best Buy because of GCU and the $10 reward certificate, but that steelbook clinches it.

Best Buy giving free steelbook with any Doom Eternal Pre-order. IMO I like it better than the CE and glad I don't need to buy a helmet.
YL6dmzb.jpg
I could never decide what to buy the original Doom on. I play so much more on my Switch, but obviously the PS4 Pro runs better. I've watched countless videos and still can't decide. Plus $60 vs $20. How is online in either game? Whatever version I purchase will dictate which console I get Eternal on.

I could never decide what to buy the original Doom on. I play so much more on my Switch, but obviously the PS4 Pro runs better. I've watched countless videos and still can't decide. Plus $60 vs $20. How is online in either game? Whatever version I purchase will dictate which console I get Eternal on.
Questions like this depend on your playing habits and what you value. I care an awful lot about frame rate, and a fair amount about graphics. And while I do use the Switch in portable mode a lot of the time, there are umpteen 1st party or indie games that I either can't play elsewhere or are more suited to it that I would choose to play instead. And given that I have access to a Pro, X, and a gaming PC, why would I ever choose to play such a diminished version of Doom on the Switch? I wouldn't touch the Switch version of Doom with a 10 ft pole. But it really is subjective. What do you value? What do you own? Where is your gaming time spent?

Also, the MP is actually quite a lot of fun and has a decidedly old school feel to it. I played it religiously for a while after everything went free.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07X5BBPGJ/
Huge mega man collection Amazon Japan exclusive
Ps4 use a different link
Switch still up
attachicon.gif
817GSNEHaNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07X4113TF?th=1 ps4
FYI this thing isn't Amazon exclusive. My go-to JP import site is CDJapan--their packaging is always excellent and things arrive looking mint and untouched. I was able to order the Switch release of this set (with a fast, insured shipping method) for around $111 ($89.24 pre-shipping), which is a fantastic price.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CPCS-1160?s_ssid=e321275d6ec6f619bc

Got my copy of Catherine today. Contents are nice, box was smaller than I was expecting. It's weird that there's been so little hype or marketing for the game, I know a lot of people loved the original.

Do you still get this if you preorders a CE? Or is this just for the standard edition?

astral chain CE arrived, art card lists out of 23010 made
Got mine too surprisingly... listed delivery as 20th but not complaining. And I completely forgot at they still use those damn cardboard wrap-around boxes and it seems like they're flimsier now. Mine arrived with some surface war but nothing major. But I'm not super worried about my Link's Awakening CE.:whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back