Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note, I don't know if this has been posted, but Best Buy is offering a collectable mini steelbook with regular Monster Hunter World: Iceborne editions only. So, the steelbook edition doesn't come with it.

It's different from the steelbook that comes in the steelbook version.

You actually can cancel. You just need to enter the order number in manually. I cancelled a couple orders a couple weeks ago. Order history is wiped clean on the new site, it's why you need to enter the order number in manually. But it might be too late, Gamestop usually charges orders 7-10 days prior to release date and we're past that.

Find your order number, search by order number and try cancelling it that way, but it might be too late.
I entered my order number on the new site and all came up as invalid. I tried looking up my other orders too.

Speaking of cancelling items on Gamestop.com, before the redesign of the GS website and the order history being wiped out, I had an open order for Darksiders 2 CE from 2012 that never was completed and was still open. I could not cancel it ever, but I was never charged for the item either. On another order a couple years later, I had bought about ten smaller items on clearance and they delivered eight of them, but never sent the last two items. Again, I wasn't charged for the remaining two items, but I could not cancel or do anything with those items and that order was also open for years. Their site has always been trash.

On a side note, I don't know if this has been posted, but Best Buy is offering a collectable mini steelbook with regular Monster Hunter World: Iceborne editions only. So, the steelbook edition doesn't come with it.

It's different from the steelbook that comes in the steelbook version.
Actually, the ministeelbook is only available if you order the digital version as it's a paper code inside the ministeelbook case.

I'm amazed at how much people want Wii remakes on Switch. Don't get me wrong, the games you guys mentioned are great but a lot of them I thought were honestly fun of the time but nothing I long for a remake. I think Xenoblade is a great option, especially given how bad Wii games look now. Skyward Sword is another game I'd like to see in HD. But not much else. (Props to whoever mentioned Zack and Wiki though, that game is a true underlooked gem, make actual use of waggle controls during the Wii's launch/launch window.) 

If they do wanna remake something, I'd love to see their take on some of the really old games... ZLA is a fantastic example, I'd like to see they take shorts at some other GB/GBC classics and update them for the modern era, even if not a full blown ZLA treatment. 

Hey guys, did any of you get Astral Chain CE Delivered by i-Parcel? I had one order from Amazon UK and one from Game UK and it said delivered but I can't find any package. Is i-Parcel Amazon UK or Game UK?

Did anyone else who ordered Catherine Fully Body from Best Buy get a shipping delay? Ive had no update the last two days and I am not able to change my order in any way because it says its processing?

Did anyone else who ordered Catherine Fully Body from Best Buy get a shipping delay? Ive had no update the last two days and I am not able to change my order in any way because it says its processing?
I ordered mine last night, shipped this morning and will be here tomorrow.

That's such a heavily overlooked game. It's really, really, really good. Like, on a different console and without having some of the worst English JRPG voice acting of that decade (or at least adding a Japanese voice option) I think the general consensus right now would be that the game is a classic. There is actually a way to 'undub' the ISO. So if one plays on Dolphin, they can get the Japanese dub (and make it look significantly better). I know that's far beyond what the general consumer will do, but most of us aren't the general consumer, so it is a cool option that exists.
I love Arc Rise Fantasia and Xenoblade Chronicles, but I really hated the Wii too. I love Dolphin - actually, I love all emulators. One of the best parts of Dolphin is the ability to get rid of annoying motion controls.

I played the undub version of Arc Rise Fantasia, and it was amazing. Also played Xenoblade in dolphin with a texture pack. It didn't look as nice as this remaster, but it was tons better than default. Now I really want an Arc Rise Fantasia remaster.

Have the Collector's Edition for Catherine Full Body pre-ordered, but I know it'll go straight to my backlog. Debating on if I should pick it up or pass and wait for a sale on the standard release and hope I can still nab the steelbook for a bit cheaper. Coming to the realization that the 20th is going to be a real expensive day for me with the Switch Lite, Genesis Mini, Link's Awakening, and I am sure another game or two that I am forgetting about. 

So a couple questions with the genesis mini. Anyone getting the full tower of power from Japan? Anyone waiting for a price drop before buying the regular genesis mini? I think it's a good deal even at MSRP but I have a feeling it might quickly be discounted just because it doesnt have as big of a fan base as the other mini consoles.
Link to tower, completely aesthetic btw.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AC%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B9-%E3%83%A1%E3%82%AC%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8B/dp/B07SPZ2R4K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&imageClass=hi-res&keywords=megadrive+mini+tower&phoneCarrier=wifi&phoneType=Android&qid=1567781158&rd=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1&view=Touch9
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So a couple questions with the genesis mini. Anyone getting the full tower of power from Japan? Anyone waiting for a price drop before buying the regular genesis mini? I think it's a good deal even at MSRP but I have a feeling it might quickly be discounted just because it doesnt have as big of a fan base as the other mini consoles.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BB%E3%82%AC%E3%82%B2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A0%E3%82%B9-%E3%83%A1%E3%82%AC%E3%83%89%E3%83%A9%E3%82%BF%E3%83%AF%E3%83%BC-%E3%83%9F%E3%83%8B/dp/B07SPZ2R4K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&imageClass=hi-res&keywords=megadrive+mini+tower&phoneCarrier=wifi&phoneType=Android&qid=1567781158&rd=1&s=gateway&sr=8-1&view=Touch9
I have the Genesis Mini pre-ordered on Amazon, but don't think I will order the tower despite how cool it is. If the tower was released in the States though I'd have ordered it alongside the Mini for sure.

I also think the Genesis Mini will do pretty well considering the line-up and value for the $80. I could definitely see it dropping in price though, just not as quickly or as low as the PlayStation Classic and more along the lines of the NeoGeo which still has yet to get cheap enough for me to jump on it.

I have the Genesis Mini pre-ordered on Amazon, but don't think I will order the tower despite how cool it is. If the tower was released in the States though I'd have ordered it alongside the Mini for sure.

I also think the Genesis Mini will do pretty well considering the line-up and value for the $80. I could definitely see it dropping in price though, just not as quickly or as low as the PlayStation Classic and more along the lines of the NeoGeo which still has yet to get cheap enough for me to jump on it.
Your probably right about it possibly performing similarly to the neo geo. I'm waiting for a price drop on that one too. Heads up on that, I noticed the USA version has a different shape at the bottom and is missing the led ring around the joystick which is a nice touch imo. I'm holding out for the original international version or one of the samurai showdown LE.

UK-only so far though they did mention that another company will release it in the US

l7YvOlW.png

UK-only so far though they did mention that another company will release it in the US

l7YvOlW.png
I would be shocked of this didn't get some kind of limited release in the states. Seems like a game LRG would likely release as well, definitely buy it physical though. Can't pull the trigger for it digital at $30 though.

I would be shocked of this didn't get some kind of limited release in the states. Seems like a game LRG would likely release as well, definitely buy it physical though. Can't pull the trigger for it digital at $30 though.
Aksys Games is releasing it in the United States in November.

Every Gamestop in my area lost the xbox versions of Monster Hunter Iceborne.  Thankfully BB still has one I got for store pickup and know someone going through the area (hour drive for me).  No pre-order armor though. :/  I'll get that steelbook though!

I'm not planning on getting the tower, but I'll be in Japan shortly after it comes out, so if I see it I can't say I won't be tempted lol

Right now I'm planning to wait for a price drop for the mini itself. I already have most of those games from the various collections over the years, so I'm not in any rush. I also had the genesis 2, so the original system design is less of a nostalgia thing for me.

My pre-order status had the same issue for a couple days, but surprisingly my copy was delivered just this morning.

What shipping service does GameUK use? I keep getting random delivery emails from i-Parcel but nothing gets delivered 😓

Waiting in Astral Chain from GameUK and Amazon UK. Latter told me there was a delay with Royal Post...anyone else even remotely in the same boat??

My astral chain from amazon uk. Has been stuck in customs for 7 days now. Dont known what is going on.
That's not uncommon. Customs can take 2-3 weeks to clear items sometimes, and it seems to be luck of the draw (outside of holidays, where volume will tank efficiency regardless).

I didnt know that. It's my first time importing a collector edition. I only have ordered steelbooks before and they show up quick.

I didnt know that. It's my first time importing a collector edition. I only have ordered steelbooks before and they show up quick.
No worries, just trying to quell your fears and provide some context.

Also, I don't think this has been shared on this thread yet. Posted over on the LRG thread but I figure the folks here may be interested as well.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1169627550114603008

A Dreamcast case seems really odd to include.

I helped kickstart this, now I regret it haha since I could have gotten the CE for it.

Best buy changed SKU for Darksiders Genesis Collector's edition. Check your order from August if you made one then. Xbox and switch are available on new SKU. PS4 is sold out or isn't available yet.

Didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks.

I never got around to playing the first one. I have it on ps3, I started and guess I wasn't in the mood to play it because I found it interesting but couldn't get into it and never came back. So might as well get this on switch and the sequel if I like the original enough.

Links awakening LE is on Amazon.it

Release date 12/30?!?

https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B07SWMY6LS?

EDIT: that was fast, gone
Release date is a little concerning, hope it's a placeholder. Nintendo usually doesn't do second runs does it?

Edit 2: Amazon.it still has release date listed as Dec 30, and says it can't be shipped to US. So probably won't go through but who knows

A Dreamcast case seems really odd to include.

I helped kickstart this, now I regret it haha since I could have gotten the CE for it.
It's a cheap extra honestly... was hoping for something with a bit more substance. Maybe a Steelbook.

I never got around to playing the first one. I have it on ps3, I started and guess I wasn't in the mood to play it because I found it interesting but couldn't get into it and never came back. So might as well get this on switch and the sequel if I like the original enough.
It's worth playing for it's general weird-ness, kind of like a B-grade movie. But it's not a very good game by any means.

I don't understand how neither Amazon UK nor Game UK sent my Astral Chain CEs (one for me one for a gift) without any tracking number I can use! And then stupid iParcel keeps sending me emails that an item has been delivered to a completely different state (and the shipping address they provide is my old billing address)??? FML Why the fuck can't NoA just make these so I don't have to jump through these hoops???

I don't understand how neither Amazon UK nor Game UK sent my Astral Chain CEs (one for me one for a gift) without any tracking number I can use! And then stupid iParcel keeps sending me emails that an item has been delivered to a completely different state (and the shipping address they provide is my old billing address)??? FML Why the fuck can't NoA just make these so I don't have to jump through these hoops???
I like Giant Bomb's theory, they are mad over the Wii U bombing, every bad decision is long term revenge.

The original is one of my favorite games. Gameplay-wise it feels like a budget Resident Evil 4 with a semi-open world, story-wise it's pretty much Twin Peaks: The Game.

Rune-Factory-4-Special-Archival-Edition_09-09-19.jpg

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/rune-factory-4-special-archival-edition-announced-for-the-west

Rune Factory 4 Special “Archival Edition” is a beautifully crafted collection including an art book commemorating the work on the entire Rune Factory series by character designer Minako Iwasaki, as well as new illustrations for the premium box and art book cover by the artist. Full contents include:

• Physical copy of Rune Factory 4 Special for Nintendo Switch
  • 160-page art book measuring 5.8” x 8.2” featuring the works of Minako Iwasaki from Rune Factory 1 through 4, Rune Factory: Frontier, and Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
  • Official soundtrack CD consisting of 33 tracks from the original release, plus three new tracks
  • “Swimsuit Day” DLC that adds an option to have characters appear in their swimsuits
  • Premium custom box with original illustration by Minako Iwasaki
This looks like a great value--hopefully Best Buy will stock it for that sweet GCU discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back