Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the playasia LM3 come with a NA version of the game?
Edit I found the answer..
For anybody wondering like me, this means it should have the esrb rating on it
f1e5383eeea3d968dcf8ca48cd1a5b6b.jpg

It said the same for links awakening with the steelbook. But usa version show up with the steelbook
Right, it should have the esrb rating. The only difference is on the back really small towards the bottom it will say Malaysia, Singapore, u.a.e

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
f844525d406d4ba8406a58a72787687f.jpg

My Link's Awakening with steelbook from Playasia says Middle East / Southeast Asia on the box. Otherwise it looks like the US version.

Sorry if this is a silly question: I ordered a copy of Link’s Awakening from amazon.fr, will the game be in English or have English as language option?

I wouldn't really order from amazon if you want a pristine copy. They ship it in a bubble envelope so it gets damaged.
I noticed this time they have the option to "ship in amazon packaging" since the item will show its contents. Probably added that to address the complaints and force a box, since I doubt they would ship it without even an envelope, but they've done similar before to me.

So how would DLC work with these U.A.E games using an American account?

Missed out on the shadowkeep CE so checked the prices on ebay... it is selling for well over $500

That's good to hear. I've been putting off playing it since I want it physically and to play it all at once instead of waiting for each episode. Hopefully they release it physically on the day of the final episode.
de1ef9c3e6cb7bed5f6f7660011b92c5046be033.png

Information:

Announcing the Life is Strange 2 Boxed Edition!

[SIZE=16.25px]It’s a fantastic way to begin and remember your journey forever - in tangible form sitting very attractively on your shelf, as all good mementos do! It’s also a great way to introduce your friends and family to the long, emotive road to Puerto Lobos. How will your journeys compare?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]The physical release will be available December 3rd, 2019 in Europe, and February 4th, 2020 in the Americas. It will come in two flavors – the Life is Strange 2 Standard Edition and the Life is Strange 2 Collector’s Edition.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]The Standard Edition is priced at £34.99/€39.99/$39.99 and will contain:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· The Complete Season - Episodes 1-5 of Life is Strange 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Bonus Game - The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Arcadia Bay Patches - These items let you customize Sean’s in-game backpack![/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]The Collector’s Edition is priced at £64.99/€69.99/$69.99, and will contain:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]· The Complete Season - Episodes 1-5 of Life is Strange 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Bonus Game: The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Arcadia Bay Patches[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Jonathan Morali’s official score - 4x 7 inch Vinyl Box Set featuring the game’s amazing original music[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· 32-page hardcover artbook - featuring concept art from Life is Strange 2[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· 4 inch/10cm Sean and 3 inch/8cm Daniel vinyl figurines[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16.25px]· Collector’s Edition presentation box[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]The Collector’s Edition will be exclusive to the Square Enix Store, and available to the UK, Europe and the Americas on the dates mentioned previously.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16.25px]The moment many of you have been waiting for. Life is Strange 2 is getting a physical release on Xbox One, PS4 and PC![/SIZE]

And to address the Mantroid in the room – the different release dates. It’s nothing personal, we love you all equally.
Different countries have different requirements when it comes to rating the content on the discs, and in some cases, this means that a game (or Episode) can’t be rated until it’s complete and submitted, even if it’s not on the disc, which is why the game will be releasing later in the Americas.

We wanted the physical edition to be available on the same date as the digital release of Episode 5 on December 3rd – so Episodes 1 to 4 are on the disc, and Episode 5 will be supplied as a download on all platforms. The complete game clocks in at around 65GB of content, and Xbox and PS4 discs top out at 50GB of capacity, which means that Episode 5 will always be a download in every territory, including the Americas.

With Life is Strange 2 we understand that some players may have been waiting for the final episode to release before diving into the game, and that in an ideal world, those holding out for the physical release wouldn’t want to wait longer than those playing digitally.

We wanted to give as many people as possible the opportunity to choose between a digital and physical box full season release on December 3rd, but for the reasons touched on above, we aren’t able to provide a simultaneous release in every territory.

Looks like the holiday season manufacturing rush is upon us. Glad Square Enix was transparent about the issue, though. I've been waiting for the full season to come out before picking it up.

I noticed this time they have the option to "ship in amazon packaging" since the item will show its contents. Probably added that to address the complaints and force a box, since I doubt they would ship it without even an envelope, but they've done similar before to me.
A few people in the FB group I’m in got theirs with just a shipping label on the CE box, from Amazon.

A few people in the FB group I’m in got theirs with just a shipping label on the CE box, from Amazon.
Ha, that's what I was thinking but didn't think they would do it for such a flimsy small box. I bet they are trying to do that with everything now. Expected on something like bulk boxes of coffee or diapers, but that's just wrong on a video game. They did that on a few larger items like a lego set to me before.

Ha, that's what I was thinking but didn't think they would do it for such a flimsy small box. I bet they are trying to do that with everything now. Expected on something like bulk boxes of coffee or diapers, but that's just wrong on a video game. They did that on a few larger items like a lego set to me before.
I don’t understand why UPS would even accept non packaged items.

I don’t understand why UPS would even accept non packaged items.
I wonder if it only happens with amazon's own delivery people. They are really bottom tier and anything goes. I've seen one of them deliver everything out of the trunk of a beat up small sedan, full of crushed boxes. Not sure if they use personal cars anymore though.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems very odd for Life Is Strange 2 to have a bigger total filesize than Death Stranding will at launch: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/death_strandings_file_size_will_eat_up_a_fair_amount_of_room_on_your_ps4
That is odd. It could come down to how the game is optimized either because of hardware constraints or just choosing to not work towards shrinking the size. I've read how game size should shrink with ssd storage coming to consoles. On HDD information is stored multiple times across different locations to make physical access quicker. It requires more space but the game runs quicker.
..but double the space? Still really weird
Edit: I think life is strange has a lot of motion capture, maybe that's it?

Ha, just got my zelda dreamer from an earlier back order where I did not specify a gift option and it came like that, with multiple stickers all over. Amazon's own delivery people. To top it off, the shaggy delivery guy just tossed it the last few feet to the ground in front of the door and rang the ring doorbell. :whistle2:x :nottalking:

So I got home today to a package from Skybound and thought yay CE, but when I opened it, there was just a loose copy of the game and a crumpled printed note reading that they have sent all the games separately from the CE because 'the physical contents didn't live up to expectations' and will be released later. Now maybe it's just the petty collector in me, but these being my favorite games of all time, I wanted a complete sealed package for my collection. I did NOT want a separate game like a lot of retailers are doing.

So I got home today to a package from Skybound and thought yay CE, but when I opened it, there was just a loose copy of the game and a crumpled printed note reading that they have sent all the games separately from the CE because 'the physical contents didn't live up to expectations' and will be released later. Now maybe it's just the petty collector in me, but these being my favorite games of all time, I wanted a complete sealed package for my collection. I did NOT want a separate game like a lot of retailers are doing.
Is this for the Dungeons and Dragons games or Walking Dead? I know they sent the Walking Dead games out separately.

The Baldur's Gate games, yeah. Not super happy to have bought an incomplete package!
That's really ridiculous that this is now the second CE that they have sent out this way because of alleged manufacturing issues with items not being to standards. They really shouldn't be in the business if they can't take steps to assure quality at a much earlier point in the process.

Yeah that sucks. Sorry dude. The game should be part of the CE. This often times seems like a process used to charge people and prevent cancellations and returns before word gets out.

I'm getting tired of these bundled CEs that usually depreciate in value too.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems very odd for Life Is Strange 2 to have a bigger total filesize than Death Stranding will at launch: https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/10/death_strandings_file_size_will_eat_up_a_fair_amount_of_room_on_your_ps4
Maybe due to Death Standing using the Decima engine from Guerrilla (built from the ground up and optimized for PS4, used for Killzone Shadow Fall and Horizon Zero Dawn) vs Life is Strange 2 using the Unreal Engine (which I think is made to be easier to use across multiple platforms and scale across different hardware)?

Yeah that sucks. Sorry dude. The game should be part of the CE. This often times seems like a process used to charge people and prevent cancellations and returns before word gets out.

I'm getting tired of these bundled CEs that usually depreciate in value too.
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Especially scummy since they take payment up front too. Don't really know if I have any recourse but I'm definitely going to complain.

Never heard of it. Is it any good ?
The game is good, but i remember lots of remarks that the CE for it was mediocre in regards to the contents
The game is great, the CE seems lame though. I preordered it because the game was good and then after getting it, it sat for like 2 months due to me being too busy to open it and then I started seeing all the talk about the CE being pretty meh after it was too late to return.

The game is great, the CE seems lame though. I preordered it because the game was good and then after getting it, it sat for like 2 months due to me being too busy to open it and then I started seeing all the talk about the CE being pretty meh after it was too late to return.
Got one. I’ve always wanted to be an owl since I went to Temple U

trying to order the death stranding ps4 pro console 

but im concered that it says the packaging reveals whats inside for shipping, i rather do shipping than to get a ugly sticker on my box plus ill be at work and idk if ill be able to make it to best buy that night to pick it up 

wont they ship it in a box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back