Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
trying to order the death stranding ps4 pro console

but im concered that it says the packaging reveals whats inside for shipping, i rather do shipping than to get a ugly sticker on my box plus ill be at work and idk if ill be able to make it to best buy that night to pick it up

wont they ship it in a box?

Never heard of bestbuy not shipping something in a box. Only time they didn't is when I got a tv from them and a microwave for over my stove.

Never heard of bestbuy not shipping something in a box. Only time they didn't is when I got a tv from them and a microwave for over my stove.
They have definitely shipped consoles before without shipping boxes. The fact that they are warning about it when you order indicates to me that they are probably on the same waste reduction kick that Amazon is on right now. I suppose it could also be an error in the listing, but I don't think I'd risk it.

but im concered that it says the packaging reveals whats inside for shipping, i rather do shipping than to get a ugly sticker on my box plus ill be at work and idk if ill be able to make it to best buy that night to pick it up

If it's ups, deliver to CVS. If it's fed ex, Walgreens. Super easier and super secure unless the employee jacks it but realistically.

And they open late to pick up.

The Baldur's Gate games, yeah. Not super happy to have bought an incomplete package!
They sent out some notice when there was a delay saying that the game would ship on time but the collector's stuff would come later. Pretty lame ass to me. I didn't get one but a complete box would be nice.

If I remember correctly when I placed my order for it I got a notification that I would get it directly in the packaging from the manufacturer. So it should be in a box. Not even coming from the store

They sent out some notice when there was a delay saying that the game would ship on time but the collector's stuff would come later. Pretty lame ass to me. I didn't get one but a complete box would be nice.
Yes, they claim to have sent out an email, which I did not receive. I just got the letter yesterday and when I briefly looked at the website in an effort to find someone to contact, it states the cancellation window for the CEs was the week prior and that they're no longer accepting cancellations. Extremely sketchy behavior.

If I remember correctly when I placed my order for it I got a notification that I would get it directly in the packaging from the manufacturer. So it should be in a box. Not even coming from the store
While I will agree that it's subject to interpretation, the language is as follows - "This item ships in its original manufacturer's packaging. If this is a concern, you may want to ship to another address or switch to store pickup". The original manufacturer's packaging could just as easily be the regular box that the console is sold in at stores. There is no guarantee that you are going to get a Sony shipping box, especially since I believe that PS4s are still shipping in packages of two or three to retailers. Not sure how Pros are usually shipped.

Yes, they claim to have sent out an email, which I did not receive. I just got the letter yesterday and when I briefly looked at the website in an effort to find someone to contact, it states the cancellation window for the CEs was the week prior and that they're no longer accepting cancellations. Extremely sketchy behavior.
I haven't seen anyone say they received the alleged e-mail. I know I received one for Walking Dead, but certainly not for the Baldur's Gate or other CEs. I'm definitely on their mailing list as they send weekly e-mails promoting books and other junk.

I just did instore pickup, a order sticker on the box is better than the driver stealing the game or the controller out the box before “delivering” it

I haven't seen anyone say they received the alleged e-mail. I know I received one for Walking Dead, but certainly not for the Baldur's Gate or other CEs. I'm definitely on their mailing list as they send weekly e-mails promoting books and other junk.
I saw it on the website for the collector's edition. I saw there was a delay and said crap I gotta order but the window was closed. It was then I saw mention of a delay on goodie but the game was shipping for release.

I saw it on the website for the collector's edition. I saw there was a delay and said crap I gotta order but the window was closed. It was then I saw mention of a delay on goodie but the game was shipping for release.
Yes, I realize it's on their website now. It doesn't change the fact that they never bothered to let people who had preordered know in advance of the delay.

Longshot but got shafted on my amazon germany zelda ce. It never made it to me. Anyone happen to get an extra, even if rough they'd be willing to part with?

thanks.

I received this on Sept 27th. I guess a lot of folks didnt?

"First, we’d like to share our sincere appreciation to you for pre-ordering either the Baldur’s Gate or Planescape: Torment & Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition Collector’s Pack from Skybound.com.

However, we have some unfortunate news to share. While we had originally planned to ship all contents of your Collector’s Pack to you in October, unforeseen production issues will now delay shipment of some of the physical items. The initial prototypes from the factory did not meet our standards for these Collector’s Packs, and we truly felt that they were not the quality that fans and the games deserve. We have been working with the manufacturer and have remedied these quality issues, but it has led to the delay in shipment.
We’re still finalizing the exact timing for shipment of the Collector's Pack items, but we estimate that you will receive them in mid-December. As soon as we get further information, we will update you on the latest estimated shipping timeframe.
That said, we want to make sure you can play Baldur’s Gate and Planescape: Torment & Icewind Dale as soon as it is available on consoles. So, while we await the completion of the Collector's Pack physical goodies, we will ship a physical boxed copy of the game to you, arriving around the console release date of October 15th.
If you have any questions or would like to modify your order, please contact us at [email protected]. If you’d like to request a refund for your Collector’s Pack, we must hear from you by October 9th. Please include the name on the order and the order number, and note that we cannot accept requests for refunds after the game ships. For questions or concerns, please see this FAQ for further information: CLICK HERE
Thank you again for your continued support, and for your patience!

Just checked my email and couldn't find the above message in any of my folders.

Still, they only gave people about a week to modify their order after a late notice that a seemingly good % of people didn't receive. I also checked the item description about 2 weeks ago to check the status and didn't notice the message about the production issues either.

I'm pretty close to cancelling my Dark Edition for Modern Warfare.  Never been a fan of the mp, and the story/co-op sound fun, but we have only got fancy trailers with 2 seconds of gameplay.  I they used to show off like half a level at E3 and now it's just they know people will buy it so put no effort into showing it off.  I had hopes that it would change for the better, but they have yet to prove that. 

I'm pretty close to cancelling my Dark Edition for Modern Warfare. Never been a fan of the mp, and the story/co-op sound fun, but we have only got fancy trailers with 2 seconds of gameplay. I they used to show off like half a level at E3 and now it's just they know people will buy it so put no effort into showing it off. I had hopes that it would change for the better, but they have yet to prove that.
Sounds like there might not be shortage of them after launch due to COD digital street date before retail street date.

Just curious, has anyone been able to preorder the LoU II Ellie Edition anywhere since it initially sold out everywhere? I've seen it on BestBuy a few times but was not able to order it. 

Got my Trails of Cold Steel 3 CE from NISA today.

Am I the only one that no longer gets shipping notifications from them? It showed up today as a surprise, was never notified it even shipped. Same happened to the last release I got from them too.

Am I the only one that no longer gets shipping notifications from them? It showed up today as a surprise, was never notified it even shipped. Same happened to the last release I got from them too.
I don't order frequently enough from NISA to remember, but I also got my ToCS III CE today and didn't receive a shipment notification.

Could always sign up ups/fed ex/ USPS delivery notification from each carrier respectively.

I've got a question.  So say these Pokemon games have an online feature and I purchase these EU versions with the steelbooks.   Would I be unable to link up with any friends that bought the NA version?

Could always sign up ups/fed ex/ USPS delivery notification from each carrier respectively.
I do lol... nothing. Well I did for UPS and FedEx. I don't think USPS sends notifications. I think they just have order history for things you buy like postage and stuff I don't think they allow you to track shipments like FedEx and UPS do. Not that I've seen anyway, I looked around and don't see that option to track all your shipments to your address, only individual tracking number tracking.

I've got a question. So say these Pokemon games have an online feature and I purchase these EU versions with the steelbooks. Would I be unable to link up with any friends that bought the NA version?
I can't imagine they would program these with region in mind when it comes to networking, since it should default off your hardware system settings. Last I heard they were region free for Switch games so I wouldn't see there being any complication.

I can't imagine they would program these with region in mind when it comes to networking, since it should default off your hardware system settings. Last I heard they were region free for Switch games so I wouldn't see there being any complication.
But that's the way it works with PS4 games, right? They've got to be the same region in order to network with other friends, ya?

Or is that just when you're playing titles bought on the PSN store? i.e. EU Call of Duty would only let you join EU multiplayer servers.

I was under the assumption that if I bought an EU disc copy of game on PS4, oh let's say Monster Hunter World, then I wouldn't be able to join multiplayer sessions with my local NA friends. Am I wrong here? I also thought EU copies of games had separate trophy lists in most instances.

Can anyone clear this up? Am I wrong about all of this? It's not something that can be easily googled. I was operating under the assumption that if you bought EU disc copies of games that you wouldn't be able to link up with friends in most instances.

I do lol... nothing. Well I did for UPS and FedEx. I don't think USPS sends notifications. I think they just have order history for things you buy like postage and stuff I don't think they allow you to track shipments like FedEx and UPS do. Not that I've seen anyway, I looked around and don't see that option to track all your shipments to your address, only individual tracking number tracking.
USPS has informed delivery where you receive an email from them every day that has all your mail and any items being delivered today or in the near future. In fact, Even if you don't track anything, you should sign up for it as a security measure before someone else does. It is actually recommended. Check it out.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

But that's the way it works with PS4 games, right? They've got to be the same region in order to network with other friends, ya?

Or is that just when you're playing titles bought on the PSN store? i.e. EU Cal of Duty would only let you join EU multiplayer servers.

I was under the assumption that if I bought an EU disc copy of game on PS4, oh let's say Monster Hunter World, then I wouldn't be able to join multiplayer sessions with my local NA friends. Am I wrong here? I also thought EU copies of games had separate trophy lists in most instances.

Can anyone clear this up? Am I wrong about all of this? It's not something that can be easily googled. I was operating under the assumption that if you bought EU disc copies of games that you wouldn't be able to link up with friends in most instances.
Last I heard Switch carts are region free, so they will play the same on any network or hardware. Now they might censor certain regions, but that's completely independent of network code.

With PSN that is a different animal since your account is tied to a region, but the hardware is still the same; as is Switch or any gaming hardware. The discs are region free IIRC this time around so again, it's all dependent on system settings and your account.

USPS has informed delivery where you receive an email from them every day that has all your mail and any items being delivered today or in the near future. In fact, Even if you don't track anything, you should sign up for it as a security measure before someone else does. It is actually recommended. Check it out.

https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action
I also use this usps service, so I know to expect a package when I get home. My biggest gripe is that the email header is always “and packages” even when the details have no packages coming.

I also received no shipping notice from Nisa.

Last I heard Switch carts are region free, so they will play the same on any network or hardware. Now they might censor certain regions, but that's completely independent of network code.

With PSN that is a different animal since your account is tied to a region, but the hardware is still the same; as is Switch or any gaming hardware. The discs are region free IIRC this time around so again, it's all dependent on system settings and your account.
Yes. All Switch carts and PS4 discs are region-free. They will all work on any system. But that's not the question.

EHb-P0y-DU0-AArzhm.jpg

Yes. All Switch carts and PS4 discs are region-free. They will all work on any system. But that's not the question.
Sure, and I've never tested any games purchased from another region but it would be my expectation that they play over the network tied to your account. The one thing I could see being an issue is whether people are able to play in another region with an account outside their local (e.g. using a UK PSN account with PS+ inside the US to play on EU servers), which is why VPN hacks are a thing.

I've never tested any games purchased from another region
Right, and I picked up on that from the tone of your posts. I'm looking for a more definitive answer from someone who knows for sure. Not suppositions, which I already have.

I'm aware that your regional network settings are all that should matter when trying to link up with friends in a game. But I've also seen in writing on the web several times that EU and NA discs are treated differently. i.e. that they have different SKUs, could have different languages on the disc, slight alterations, or could have different trophy support. Basically that they are separate versions of the same game. Which sometimes prevents you from joining your friends. That is what I'm asking about.

Surely someone on here must know.

Do you think playing a local co op game with two seperate regions would be a good test? I was concerned about this, too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back