Not open for further replies.

Vogyn

CAGiversary!
Official Collector's Edition

Compilation X - 2019

Includes Books, Consoles, Controllers, Games, Miscellaneous, & Steelbooks

Anthology Index: 

Deals: (Updated 03/25/19)
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Valkyria Chronicles 4: Memoirs of Battle Edition  :ps4: - $41.65 (Amazon)
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition   :ps4: - $26.99 (Amazon)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 03/25/19)
03/25/19 - Version 1.8

• Added:
  • [BK] Arcade Game Typography: The Art of Pixel Type: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Neon Genesis Evangelion Art Collection: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Overwatch: The Official Cookbook: [Amazon]
  • [BK] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Cuphead: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Diablo: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Hearthstone: Year of the Kraken: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Art of Rage 2: [AmazonBethesda]
  • [BK] The Art of Super Mario Odyssey: [Amazon]
  • [BK] The Cinematic Art of World of Warcraft Volume 1: [Amazon]
  • [CC] Xbox One Phantom White Controller: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • [LE] A.I.: The Somnium Files: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Crystar: [Amazon]
  • [LE] Fire Emblem: Three Houses: [Amazon]
  • [MC] Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 04: VR Kit: [AmazonBest Buy]
  • Deals:
  • Nintendo LABO Kits  :switch: - $18-21 (In-Store Target YMMV)
  • Fixed:
  • SNK 40th Anniversary Collection Limited Edition Image
  • The Princess Guide Limited Edition Image
  • Total War: 3 Kingdoms Collector's Edition Image
  • Updated:
  • The Caligula Effect: Overdose release date 03/12/19.
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Limited Edition release date 03/26/19
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II Limited Edition release date 05/07/19

01/31/19 - Version 1.7

01/30/19 - Version 1.6

• Added:
  • [SB] MLB The Show: [Gamestop]
  • [LE] Catherine: Full Body: [Play-Asia]
  • [LE] The Division 2: [GAME]
  • [LE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [GAME]
  • [CE] Total War: Three Kingdoms: [Creative Assembly]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • Division 2 Steelbooks updated to 03/15

01/29/19 - Version 1.5

01/28/19 - Version 1.4

01/27/19 - Version 1.3

• Added:
  • [CE]JP Ace Combat 7 - [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]JP Code Vein [Play-Asia]
  • [CE]EU Code Vein [GAME]
  • [CE]NA  Tales of Vesperia - [Bandai Namco]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/25/19 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [SBThe Division 2 [Gamestop] 
  • [LE] Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - [EB Games AU]
  • [CEThe World of Tanks - [Amazon]
  • [CCKingdom Hearts III - [Amazon JP]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
  • TBA to 03/26/19 - [CEGeneration Zero: [Amazon]

01/22/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • Hyperlinks to the Anthology Index in OP.
  • Hyperlink to the IXth thread in Graveyard in OP.
  • Crackdown 3 [SB] - [Best Buy]
  • Dead or Alive 6 [SB] - [Gamestop]
  • MLB The Show [CE- [Gamestop]
  • Deals:
  • Valkyrie Chronicles 4: Memoirs from Battle Edition - $49.22 (Amazon)
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

01/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • The Thread
  • Deals:
  • Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Essence of Art Edition
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fangamer is starting to prep their shipment of backers for Shenmue 3. Bastards, back then I thought the physical copy would be exclusive. Oh well. Maybe it'll actually still come in that "unique box" they originally promised but I doubt it.
This is the only reason I backed Shenmue 3 as well. im definitely done with kickstarters from now on. Got bit on the Bloodstained switch one, and again on this shenmue one.

So the game and steelbook came in that white pouch together. That was inside the cardboard shipping bag or whatever it is with the keychain in there as well.

So the game and steelbook came in that white pouch together. That was inside the cardboard shipping bag or whatever it is with the keychain in there as well.
Same. There is a small ding in the back of the steelbook from the keychain. Not in a spot that's noticeable, so I'm ok with it.

Also, I got an order in for the Target Pokemon bundle. Not super crazy about it, but it looks like it's gonna be tough to snag later and I don't want to pass by me and regret it. I will prolly sell the shield copy or something.

DS honestly looks like a chore when you’re watching gameplay but once you play it, you’ll be amazed at how smooth the gameplay is. It just feels really good and is actually fun. Just go try it for yourself, GameFly, redbox it or whatever. Just be patient with it. I’m surprised it hasn’t pissed me off yet but if you want to get pissed off. Carry everything on your back and try to cross a lake

Now I'm serious considering canceling my pokemon preorders from what everyone is complaining about
There's a pretty lengthy and in-depth thread on the pokemon subreddit that details a lot of what's bad and missing with sword and shield.

Take it however you will, but after looking through it, cancelled my po, and will just skip this gen.

My Death Stranding steelbook came damaged from Best Buy....  upper left corner is kinda crushed.  I was gonna take it back, but I wanted to check the game out so I opened it anyway.  I should have waited...  have a feeling these will end up getting discounted.

My Death Stranding steelbook came damaged from Best Buy.... upper left corner is kinda crushed. I was gonna take it back, but I wanted to check the game out so I opened it anyway. I should have waited... have a feeling these will end up getting discounted.
I returned the steelbook version of control to bestbuy. It didn't come sealed and was damaged. Just had a sleeve over it. They accepted the return, so might be worth a shot

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My Death Stranding steelbook came damaged from Best Buy.... upper left corner is kinda crushed. I was gonna take it back, but I wanted to check the game out so I opened it anyway. I should have waited... have a feeling these will end up getting discounted.
If you bought it online you can return it for a refund via their online service. In store would only be a swap. I've done this a couple times because they were out of stock in store, but in stock online. They shipped me a steel in a cardboard bag. Outer sleeve would look ok, opened and the steel was garbage. Got a refund.

If anyone ordered the NFS Heat Ultimate Collection package, I might suggest holding off. I ordered just the collectors without game from amazon.de and received this message translated from german.

A MESSAGE TO THE OWNERS OF THE NEED FOR SPEED HEAT ULTIMATE EDITION Thank you for choosing NFS directly at startup To be heat. We are glad that you are soon behind the wheel and Explore Palm City - but before you do that, we have some news. As part of the Ultimate Edition you purchased, we have an industry leading Modeler worked together to make a scale model of the iconic yellow To get Polestars 1. However, when we received the final product, we felt that it was not up to the quality standards corresponded to our original vision. We are currently working on the topic, but we would like to tell you what we will implement in the short term: 1. We will deliver you the current model! It remains part of the original packaging. With pleasure we want you to see the current design and appreciate your feedback! 2. We will work with our model maker on an improved and more accurate design of the Polestars 1 work and deliver the new model as soon as it is available! However, these high quality models need time to be designed and built since With the new designs, we will accept nothing but the highest quality. This could mean a time frame of 6-8 months. We will tell you about the progress keep you up to date during the design and give you the models in the design Show production phase.

I wonder if bestbuy is pulling the item from shelves or just selling it as is. Also wonder how bad it is..

Edit: pretty bad
https://youtu.be/ypv6Xxj0n-M

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Interesting. But how much detail did people really expect to see on a 1:43 scale model? I have a Hot Wheels Elite Delorean that scale, and while it's cool, it's never going to be highly detailed compared to say a 1:18

Not sure what is up with Kickstarter today but am I the only one who has received like 20 emails from them today regarding Shenmue 3? They’re spamming my damn inbox with the same project update all morning and afternoon.

Not sure what is up with Kickstarter today but am I the only one who has received like 20 emails from them today regarding Shenmue 3? They’re spamming my damn inbox with the same project update all morning and afternoon.
So did I... I got like a ton of emails about it.

Just found out today the Pokemon Sword/Shield Double Pack Steelbook Edition was Target exclusive. I guess that one slipped past me, I thought all stores got it. Oh well, missed out on that. Hopefully they list more. Chances they do?

Just found out today the Pokemon Sword/Shield Double Pack Steelbook Edition was Target exclusive. I guess that one slipped past me, I thought all stores got it. Oh well, missed out on that. Hopefully they list more. Chances they do?
Umm, AFAIK it's never gone OOS and is pre-orderable now.

Yeah, I googled it and bought one from there a few hours ago. Hoping it turns out to be legit. Was 70 USD for it buying it though them, if you buy it though paypal its 73 FYI.
I bought Luigi's Mansion's on the 31st. They do not supply tracking with game.co.uk and it's past their 5-11 day window, so I think they lost mine.

Anyone else bought with them before?

I bought Luigi's Mansion's on the 31st. They do not supply tracking with game.co.uk and it's past their 5-11 day window, so I think they lost mine.

How is it past the window? Estimate is 7-9 working days. Today is barely the 7th/8th working day. Depending on when on the 31st you ordered, it could have been Nov 1st when they got it, and sent it off Nov 4th. And the 11th wasn't a working day.

Got my Luigi's Mansion 3 game & steelbook today, from Amazon.de and game.co.uk. Amazon.de was delivered by UPS and game.co.uk was by USPS.

How is it past the window? Estimate is 7-9 working days. Today is barely the 7th/8th working day. Depending on when on the 31st you ordered, it could have been Nov 1st when they got it, and sent it off Nov 4th. And the 11th wasn't a working day.
Mine was shipped on the 31st.

Though it doesn't confirm anything, Death Stranding PS4 Pro is delisted at BestBuy. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-4-pro-1tb-limited-edition-death-stranding-console-bundle/6382666.p?skuId=6382666

This follows the thread of PS4 limited edition consoles being discontinued as soon as they are released. I doubt we'll see this anywhere once it is sold out online and in store.

Small thing too but Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening: Dreamer Edition appears to be discontinued too. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-dreamer-edition-nintendo-switch/6356694.p?skuId=6356694

It might be stuck in customs. Rare but funnily, mine from Amazon DE was stuck there for 4 days but it arrived yesterday. But I once had a game stuck there for almost 3 weeks.

It might be stuck in customs. Rare but funnily, mine from Amazon DE was stuck there for 4 days but it arrived yesterday. But I once had a game stuck there for almost 3 weeks.
I haven't gotten my MediEvil plus steelbook yet so I'm guessing mine might be the same.

why the sudden cancellations for pokemon s and s. coz of the reviews ? my amazon uk steelbook with the figurines just shipped today :)
Figurines?

Mine shipped from Amazon UK yesterday, I preordered as soon as they went up and don't remember any figurines. I did get an email today with codes for some track suit and something else though.

why the sudden cancellations for pokemon s and s. coz of the reviews ? my amazon uk steelbook with the figurines just shipped today :)
I'd read quite a few people were unhappy the character models were from the 3ds and didnt look very good. Or something like that I think. I'm not sure. Something about gamefreak lying about something.

Only reason I got it is because I had a birthday coupon from bestbuy, a 5 dollar certificate, and it had a 10 dollar coupon with it. I've never finished a pokemon game before. I own a ton of them but it took me like 20 years to realize I hate playing on handheld systems. I dont even like the switch unless its docked. So figured if I will find out if I like pokemon this will be it.

I don't care of the look of the cover pokemon and paying for two games to get a steelbook with a design I don't like does not seem like a good idea.  My switch backlog is big enough as it is.  Complaints about the game have been about 3ds models, no new animations, and a small roster of pokemon.  Those are not things big enough for me to hate the game I think, but I'm in no hurry to play it.

I'd read quite a few people were unhappy the character models were from the 3ds and didnt look very good. Or something like that I think. I'm not sure. Something about gamefreak lying about something.

Only reason I got it is because I had a birthday coupon from bestbuy, a 5 dollar certificate, and it had a 10 dollar coupon with it. I've never finished a pokemon game before. I own a ton of them but it took me like 20 years to realize I hate playing on handheld systems. I dont even like the switch unless its docked. So figured if I will find out if I like pokemon this will be it.
AFAIK, in addition to re-using character models from previous games and not "brand new animations" as was claimed for the whole reason behind cutting out a large number of previous pokemon; the game is also apparently way too easy; & character models drop in and out. There's more but those are what I remember

If you never open your CEs, the gameplay really doesn't matter.

Or in my case, I'm getting it for my 10 yr old and he'll just be happy to have a new Pokemon game regardless of models and # of characters

Ok so my MediEvil and steelbook from Amazon de finally arrived!.... or so I thought. I open up my package from Amazon de and Inside is some weird thing, I don’t even know wtf it is lol. Some kid’s toy. So now I gotta go through Amazon de customer service and ask for a refund or for a replacement of something that’s no longer in stock.

My Star Wars and Pokemon Double Pack both shipped out from Best Buy. The tracking updates for both of them was exactly the same. Same stops, same times, everything. Except I got Star Wars today and no Pokemon, and I checked the tracking and for some reason Pokemon just stopped updating yesterday morning and Star Wars kept going and was delivered.

So not sure what that's about, but I doubt I get it today. Just hope it isn't lost. Not the best day for packages for me lol.

The only reason I play Pokemon is for the competitive battling. I could give 2 f**ks about the story lul.  How's the breeding, EV training, is there stealth rocks, but no defog/rapid spin (unlike PKMN Let's go that PoS), the online battle modes etc.? I should just wait for a Pokemon showdown update (it'll have all gens) lol! Regardless, I already bought , so I'm forced to play it now lol

The only reason I play Pokemon is for the competitive battling. I could give 2 f**ks about the story lul. How's the breeding, EV training, is there stealth rocks, but no defog/rapid spin (unlike PKMN Let's go that PoS), the online battle modes etc.? I should just wait for a Pokemon showdown update (it'll have all gens) lol! Regardless, I already bought , so I'm forced to play it now lol
The changes to competitive are actually pretty cool. The genies, UBs, and Tapus aren't in SwSh, so the meta's pretty wide open. Rapid Spin now raises speed, lots of Regenerator 'mons got cut, and there's an item to prevent damage from entry hazards. On the crazier side, Darmanitan-G's ability is a choice band and it has 160 Atk/135 Spd and Kyurem-B got Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear.

As much as I dislike the Dexit controversy and GF's response, the new meta is pretty enticing and that's why I bought the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back