2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m currently 99 hours into FFXV. Played it over the past couple months and beat the story a couple weeks ago. I agree the game is flawed though I wouldn’t have played this long if I didn’t enjoy it. The only things I have to wrap up are adamantoise trophy and the menace dungeons, plus the DLC packs such as Ardyn that I may get to one day.

Last night I fond the statue with the ring buff near the NE dungeon above Hammerhead. Do you have any tips for this late game? I’m level 90 at the moment and did do a handful of new bounty quests.
The menace dungeons are no joke. Make sure you finish all of randolphs quests to get the legendary weapons, specifically the zwill crossblades. Grab the black hood from pitios ruins, it’s not perfect but it helps. You can farm for a magitek v2 suit. From there each dungeon will require different buffs. That’s oversimplified but it’s a good start. Adamantoise is actually really easy, it’s just time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put it that way because I assume that there are some RPG elements in FF7R also, like maybe RPG Lite.

Well let me ask the question a different way:

If I play FF7R, would I still enjoy the original? I think I know the answer to this would be yes because I'm a sucker for the old school turn-based RPGs, but I'm always appreciative of the insight of others.
I can't recommend OG FF7 enough. There's a reason it's so lauded in industry; it's had an incredible impact on the RPGs across the board.If you're okay with wildly outdated graphics, then play it, play it ASAfreakin'P. It's an entirely different experience than the one you get with FFVII Remake.

Cyberpunk and Last of Us 2 are the only CEs on my radar as of now. Avengers has a tiny bit of interest, but so little has been shown of the game. I don't want another Left Alive situation.

For Ghost of Tsushima I went for the special edition. The price difference for a mask and things I won't hang on the wall isn't worth it for me.
Same.

That CE for GoT is boooogus, and representative of the longstanding trend of underwhelming CEs.

https://twitter.com/IGNUK/status/1253247239125901312

Not sure if contests fit the bill, since the prizes aren't widely available.

I hate all these contests where the only way to win is to tweet... can I just create an account and retweet to my 0 followers to enter? LOL

So what’s making people cancel their pre orders? The fact that the story’s been spoiled? Or is it a short game? no spoilers pls I just want to know why

I mean I’m not gonna complain since I managed to score an Ellie edition. If I’m gonna be ight as long as I don’t spoil it for myself then I can sleep at night

one thing Ill say is this was pure stupidity by sony to even delay this game. it was done, and im sure could be distributed correctly. should have been released on its last release date.

the fuck is wrong with you?

I was going to post something earlier so it wouldn't come to this, decided not to be a buzzkill, and yet here we are.  Shut the fuck up about spoilers. 

June 19th is the new release date for Last of Us 2 and July 17th for Ghost of Tsushima. In case people are are trying to avoid spoilers.

yea kudos to the mods for quickly removing it. unfortunately I think this is the first time ever anything major has been spoiled for me for any game.
Same here... like I excitedly came in here about to post that LoU2 had an actual date set and instead saw the spoiler.

People gotta relax with this leak. Cancelling their pre orders really. You still haven’t experienced the game for yourself and finished it. Basically reviewing the game you haven’t even played yet. Saying the leaker saved them $60. BS. Either a bunch of fanboys or idiots who just wanna bash a game for the heck of it or to “defend” naughty dog employees who were mistreated or people who just cry over a simple spoiler that won’t affect gameplay and part of the story. In fact people should only be even more curious to play it.

Most Naughty Dog games are fairly short.
They said this game was the biggest yet. it has 2 discs.

Cool that it now releases on my Birthday, hopefully it won't get spoiled by then. Thank god I was making 300+ boomerangs in Animal Crossing instead of checking this thread when my phone was going off.

They said this game was the biggest yet. it has 2 discs.

Cool that it now releases on my Birthday, hopefully it won't get spoiled by then. Thank god I was making 300+ boomerangs in Animal Crossing instead of checking this thread when my phone was going off.
Having two discs might just indicate that it's a large install file, not necessarily that it's a long game.

And I'm sorry, I don't need any 40 hour games. I'll take a memorable 10 hour game over a drawn out 100 hour game. The original Last of Us took 20 hours and it was well worth it.

Having two discs might just indicate that it's a large install file, not necessarily that it's a long game.

And I'm sorry, I don't need any 40 hour games. I'll take a memorable 10 hour game over a drawn out 100 hour game. The original Last of Us took 20 hours and it was well worth it.
I haven't see the spoilers.. But got curious how many hours is TLOU 2 is?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

RE3 was one of shortest games in history and sold over 2 million in a few days. LoU2 is FAR superior and WAY longer with a story that trumps most games.
I think it’s because it’s resident evil and people expected the same success as RE2. This is just my opinion but RE2 is pretty short as well just more puzzles and more backtracking. RE3 was more action packed and faster paced and overall more fun for me. People hate on it cuz it’s a short game and it’s $60. Yeah I don’t like how it cut content too but for $35 I paid for it it was worth it. Makes you wanna play it again n finish challenges and get unlockables. Platinum is doable.

Now the same thing will happen with TLOU pt 2. People expect not just the same success as the previous but exceeds it. It’ll sell 5 million in a few days EASILY.

So what’s making people cancel their pre orders? The fact that the story’s been spoiled? Or is it a short game? no spoilers pls I just want to know why
Politics, religion, ignorance. If you saw the spoilers you understand.

Good thing I don’t have Twitter. Don’t wanna accidentally see these spoilers
From what I've heard, people are harassing members one reddit, particularly on the PS4/gaming ones. Even going as far as PM'ing regulars spoilers in subject fields. Unfortunately the mods there are taking the hit as they're being forced to read the spoilers and delete them.

From what I've heard, people are harassing members one reddit, particularly on the PS4/gaming ones. Even going as far as PM'ing regulars spoilers in subject fields. Unfortunately the mods there are taking the hit as they're being forced to read the spoilers and delete them.
Wow that’s too much

There’s one particular still image that sensitive folks are fired up about. No problem with blowing the heads off of infected humans... but don’t go there.

Not sure if this is the right place to say, but I got the Cyberpunk headset.  It's ok.  Not being able to adjust game/voice balance when wireless will drive me crazy, but it's good to have a decent wireless option that works on all consoles.  I only voice chat on Xbox, so it's not an issue on Switch or PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back