2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a nice set.  I really don't know why companies keep putting out vinyl soundtracks instead of CDs though.  It's fucking stupid.  Everyone has CD players in multiple locations. 

For those interested, here's an Xenoblade EU collectors unboxing.
Ugh... was hoping the artbook would be hardcover like the NA version but assuming the internal contents are the same, then that looks like a decently beefy artbook so $20 more for a hardcover artbook in the NA CE doesn't seem like too bad of a deal.

It's a nice set. I really don't know why companies keep putting out vinyl soundtracks instead of CDs though. It's fucking stupid. Everyone has CD players in multiple locations.
Vinyls have a fairly dedicated group of followers for novelty purposes. I think a few years ago, vinyl production surpassed disc production (at least, music CDs, not all discs). The whole trend of what's retro is always evolving... in another 20 years, CDs will prob be popular again.

I'm aware that some people buy new records.  It's stupid. 

They're not portable, they're not digital quality sound, and you can't rip them to your computer nor play them in any room in the house or car with ease. (in regards to the choice of what to put in a CE). I can't imagine that anybody sits around listening to vinyl records of video game soundtracks either.  There's like a couple thousand people that buy the movie soundtrack pressings off Mondo every month; I get it. 

The fact that CDs died out and that a few people support purchasing .mp3s and Spotify memberships will remain eternally perplexing to me.  It's more like that nobody pays money for music anymore, yet a few enthusiasts are still willing to pay for vinyl.  But I'd really like to see those sales figures on vinyl at Target and Barnes and Noble bc I'm not buying it at all (the trend).  Target would stock more if that was the case.  It's just something that people point at, at the store and go "hey hun, remember that!". 

CDs just got shafted for some reason.  I think it's mostly bc of Youtube and other free on-demand services.  Vinyl is a niche collector's market and definitely not mainstream.  It's just something that lots of people like to think of identifying themselves with for some reason.  Like any other novelty or nostalgia. 

I know several hobbyist DJs with crates and crates, thousands upon thousands, vinyl records from 20 years ago.   Guess how much they are used now?  Never.   They break out the turntables and mixer once every few years just for funsies.  That stuff collects dust even from the biggest of enthusiasts.  It's a vapid, hollow fad these days and not even a trend. Everything has gone digital bc it doesn't make sense to have crates and crates of records sitting around. 

I get that a few people are really into records bc of their playback fidelity and their preferences in sound systems.  But just put a damn CD inside the video game CE so that it's functional.   Most people do not have record players and everybody has multiple disc readers. 

The only people buying brand new vinyl in 2020 have LOTS of disposable income.  It's sooo far down priority list in the hierarchy of entertainment spending.  Plus it's definitely not the video game CE crowd. 

For those interested, here's an Xenoblade EU collectors unboxing.

https://youtu.be/-Mtthd4HAF8
I really hate when the name isn't on the spine of the steelbook. Nintendo is so messy with that, few has it, most don't. It's a nice CE, if I care a little about Xenoblade I would of got it.

It's a nice set. I really don't know why companies keep putting out vinyl soundtracks instead of CDs though. It's fucking stupid. Everyone has CD players in multiple locations.
Because it's the current trendy thing to do so you can get a sense of self satisfaction in doing something that's retro and popular. It's basically like beards and flannel shirts were to the last generation of hipsters. Now beards and flannel isn't as cool and records took their place. In 10 years no one will care because it won't be the cool thing anymore and they will have moved on to something else.

Granted some people today like vinyl for sentimental value. My wife is in her mid 40s and she likes vinyl because her dad had a record collection and was a musician and she spent time listening to music and playing guitar with him as a kid. But even she can't understand why in the hell anyone would buy new music on them or anyone not old enough to grow up with them. She is a audiophile and record lover and will say anyone who says they sound better is fooling themselves. Not portable, expensive unless you're buying junk ones at a garage sale, very delicate, don't sound as good and more of a pain to play them. She won't even say she has records for fear of being lumped in this new age of douchey record buyers.

She likes CDs and digital copies best. I just like digital copies myself since I only listen to music at my PC or off a USB drive full of songs in my car.

XCX had the right idea including digital tracks on a custom usb drive.  But ruined the idea by including too few tracks and adding DRM.

I guess they're trying not to interfere with soundtrack sales but c'mon, do they not think people rip cd tracks to digital?

That's one of the first things I do when I open a LE/CE.  Convert the tracks in two different digital formats, then put the disc back with the set, never to be used again.

Yeah, I don't really care about vinyls either, but I believe they do include a digital download for the music, which is more useful than a cd since it saves me the trouble of getting a digital copy.

I'd guess vinyls make an attractive pack in because they're big, but probably don't cost much to produce and can look nice when displayed. So it's more of a form over function thing.

There are also those who legitimately like vinyls because of the way they sound. Digital cuts out sounds and is not as warm as analog. But regardless, people are obviously stupid if they like something you don't.

(Also, as was mentioned, it comes with a download code of the soundtrack too, making the complaint even more pointless.)

I find it ironic that someone on a collectors edition forum finds vinyl absurd. It’s like todays collectors edition for music lovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it ironic that someone on a collectors edition forum finds vinyl absurd. It’s like todays collectors edition for music lovers.

That's not the point. Vinyls are cool. For almost every vinyl you want, you can get them for $10-$25 at the max.

Chronicles is $50 at walmart. Let's say the Vinyl is $25 for the sake of it. Art books are only worth like $5-$10 at most. That means you're not only paying $35 more for just those two compared to just getting the game, but then some here are throwing another $30+ away for shipping or whatever else they think makes it worth it, making it essentially $65 more than just buying the game. That's what's absurd.

That's not the point. Vinyls are cool. For almost every vinyl you want, you can get them for $10-$25 at the max.

Chronicles is $50 at walmart. Let's say the Vinyl is $25 for the sake of it. Art books are only worth like $5-$10 at most. That means you're not only paying $35 more for just those two compared to just getting the game, but then some here are throwing another $30+ away for shipping or whatever else they think makes it worth it, making it essentially $65 more than just buying the game. That's what's absurd.
What's really absurd is you getting all worked up on how people choose to spend their money. Relax, it is not your money, and why do you care?

Stop being a dick and let people enjoy things. I bet a lot of people that are buying this CE aren’t buying dozens of caseless games from GameStop to pad their collection just because they’re cheap games.

Scored like 30 DS/3DS/Wii games for like $50. Sure, they werent the expensive ones, I'm sure some wont work, and not a single one came with a case, but that's still a great deal.
I'm getting all the cheaper stuff for the collection out of the way.

The artbook is alot more than $5 to $10 extra, isn't it like 200 pages. You also forgot the Steelbook Case.

Stop being a dick and let people enjoy things. I bet a lot of people that are buying this CE aren’t buying dozens of caseless games from GameStop to pad their collection just because they’re cheap games.
Ah, you're right. Dumping all your money into one game that you've probably already played for a bunch of extra stuff to sit on the shelf is way more logical than buying tons of cheap games that will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Right...

Ah, you're right. Dumping all your money into one game that you've probably already played for a bunch of extra stuff to sit on the shelf is way more logical than buying tons of cheap games that will give you hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Right...
Whoa whoa whoa... are you upset because someone was a dick to you about the way you spend you money on something you enjoy? That’s crazy!

It’s my money. I can choose how to spend it. I’ve never played the original Xenoblade and I’m looking forward to playing it and having the extras in the CE.

You’re never going to play the majority of the games you buy, but you want to collect? Go for it. I used to collect any cheap games I could find too. I’ve moved onto collecting games and collectibles I enjoy.

To each his own.

He would get triggered at my house, I have a few hundred 4k movie steelbooks that I watch once then stack on a shelf. Also have 20-30 CE games still sitting in the boxes.

Right...
The irony

I find it ironic that someone on a collectors edition forum finds vinyl absurd. It’s like today’s collectors edition for music lovers.

This isn't a collector's forum; it's Cheap Ass Gamer. Anyways, my post (in the right place in the CE thread) was directly related to a highly desirable video game collector's edition that includes a decidedly IMPRACTICAL vinyl soundtrack, which has been done a few different times now. It's a trend that I'd like to see stopped. Most people don't even own a record player.

The Xenoblade Chronicles EU CE would have been perfect if it had included a CD soundtrack instead. Though I stand somewhat corrected if it contains a digital copy of the soundtrack too.

I think it's even more ridiculous how some are scrambling on here to spend up to $120(!!!) for a port with a vinyl and art book. Now that's insane. I've recently started getting into collecting and collecting CE's, but only when they're clearanced. Spending $120 on one game, especially a port, is absurd.
Damn, almost 5 pages of people talking about a $100-$120 edition of a ported game with a vinyl and artbook. Wow

Right...
Then why the dafuq you posting in the collector's edition thread? You lost, boyo?

Not sure why so many are getting upset. Simply found it funny how the current CE in discussion has been extensively discussed. Relax.

Got an email from Limited Run Games with a steam key for Command & Conquer Remastered due to the delayed physical editions. Looks like pre-load will be available starting June 1st for the June 5th release. So if you pre-ordered, check your email for a key =D

Just got charged for my Xenoblade UK CE, hopefully it actually arrives quickly/safely once shipped. 

Also hearing word that Prime Trilogy might be coming soon. Really hope that's true, would love a reason to revisit the first Prime (not so much the 2nd/3rd, those didn't have the same mystique... or the soundtrack).  

This isn't a collector's forum; it's Cheap Ass Gamer. Anyways, my post (in the right place in the CE thread) was directly related to a highly desirable video game collector's edition that includes a decidedly IMPRACTICAL vinyl soundtrack, which has been done a few different times now. It's a trend that I'd like to see stopped.
Your so matter of fact about your opinion. YOU may prefer cds but the market shows cd sales declining while vinyl sales continue to climb. It’s all opinion anyways, your getting upset because the world around you is changing. I don’t care how old you are, you are too young to be thinking like that lol
Btw did you even stop to think of what I said or did you just focus on the fact that I said forum instead of thread?

Your so matter of fact about your opinion. YOU may prefer cds but the market shows cd sales declining while vinyl sales continue to climb. It’s all opinion anyways, your getting upset because the world around you is changing. I don’t care how old you are, you are too young to be thinking like that lol
Btw did you even stop to think of what I said or did you just focus on the fact that I said forum instead of thread?

To be honest I find CDs as annoying as vinyl in 2020 and if I'm going to keep both of them wrapped I'd rather have it on vinyl.

Just got an email from Best Buy that my collector's edition of Last of Us 2 (preordered back in September) has been delayed and if the order is not fulfilled by 6/4, the order will be cancelled.  Weird that if the item doesn't ship 2 WEEKS BEFORE the official release date, my whole order will be cancelled.  Hoping this is just a glitch but is concerning.  Placed an order on Amazon for the special edition, just in case.

Just got an email from Best Buy that my collector's edition of Last of Us 2 (preordered back in September) has been delayed and if the order is not fulfilled by 6/4, the order will be cancelled. Weird that if the item doesn't ship 2 WEEKS BEFORE the official release date, my whole order will be cancelled. Hoping this is just a glitch but is concerning. Placed an order on Amazon for the special edition, just in case.
They do this a lot. I got one a few weeks ago for Cyberpunk. It's mostly safe to ignore their delayed emails. Steelbooks tell me they are delayed then ship right after. BB's site is wack right now.

Question for anyone else that utilized amazon.co.uk and forward2me to get the Xenoblade collectors edition. Is forward2me costing you 55USD for the cheapest shipping option? I knew it'd be expensive but was hoping more around $40.

Question for anyone else that utilized amazon.co.uk and forward2me to get the Xenoblade collectors edition. Is forward2me costing you 55USD for the cheapest shipping option? I knew it'd be expensive but was hoping more around $40.
That's honestly not too shocking, it's a pretty large/heavy package from what I've seen. I'm guessing Amazon gets better rates due to the frequency which they ship both within and outside of the UK.

My copy of Xenoblade shipped... but it was the standard edition with the bonus keychain and poster, not the CE. Didn't want or need the standard ed but wanted the extras.

I kept my Game.uk order as my Amazon UK still doesn't even have a estimated arrival date yet. And $51 was my cheapest option. Apparently the box dimensions was pretty large and its listed around 12 lbs.

Just got an email from Best Buy that my collector's edition of Last of Us 2 (preordered back in September) has been delayed and if the order is not fulfilled by 6/4, the order will be cancelled. Weird that if the item doesn't ship 2 WEEKS BEFORE the official release date, my whole order will be cancelled. Hoping this is just a glitch but is concerning. Placed an order on Amazon for the special edition, just in case.
Yeah I also received that email and noticed the 6/4 date:) I was thinking it had to do with limited supply and unable to fulfill orders. We will see I suppose

Xenoblade chronicles works set is quality. A bit high priced tho 69.99 would of looked better but the book and the whole presentation is nice

Xenoblade chronicles works set is quality. A bit high priced tho 69.99 would of looked better but the book and the whole presentation is nice
Good to hear. Mine hasn't shipped yet, but all of my non-essential amz orders still come 3-4 days late. They're probably busy looking for a bubble mailer large enough for my works set :wall:

For $20, you get a hard cover artbook... so it's not the worst deal. The artbook looks pretty decent size.

I went to two targets this morning looking for the works set. Neither had it and the second one actually looked and told me none within 13 miles had it. Came home defeated and saw GameStop had it in stock. Given XC2 collectors edition stayed in stock for a while I think this will be similar but you never know with these things. Hoping it ships soon. I would have sprung for the UK one but I haven’t been staying on top of this like I used to. Not trying to pay resale prices on it.

EDIT: Thanks to the person above me... Now I regret buying from gamestop. Oh well. Order from gamestop says it is shipping soon and to late to cancel. Hopefully they pack it well and it gets here quickly. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back