2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2021
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/20/19)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy VII CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post.

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/27/19)
12/27/19 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Watch Dogs: Legion: [Ubisoft]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

12/20/19 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XI - 2020
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 

Last edited by a moderator:
the digital version of Cyberpunk being 'Play Anywhere'.
Yeah, I noticed Play Anwhere being mentioned on the amazon page as well. But after looking into it I decided it was just slightly misleading marketing. MS trying to advertise features of the xb1 platform in general.

Anyway my amazon order never adjusted to 299.00 so I'm cancelling it at the time of this post. Just a heads up if anyone still needs one and wants to watch for it over the next 15-45 min or so.

So I have had the TLOU2 Collector's Edition pre-ordered since the day they allowed it on GameStop, though now I'm having second thoughts. I have the Uncharted 4 CE and I absolutely love the Drake statue that came with it, but looking at images of the Ellie statue.. I don't think I like it too much. I love ND's games to death, but I think I'd much rather have the actual art book coming later this month rather than the small taste they give in the CE's artbook. Not to mention the CE comes with a bracelet I'll never wear and stickers/pins I'll never use and a tiny lithograph.

I guess it kind of sounds like I've made my mind up, haha. I'd like the steelbook but the Special Edition comes with it. I think I'd want to "trade" my CE for someone's SE (and price difference) but I don't know if that's possible. 

So somebody in the Giant Bomb Facebook group was complaining they wouldn't buy it b/c of Curt Schilling, but to my recollection THQ Nordic owns the IP fully now, correct? Schilling and Rhode Island are no longer a factor?
Didn't THQ Nordic have their own problems/controversy recently? Are they really that much better than Curt Schilling?

Still waiting for my amazon.co.uk Xenoblade preorder to ship after I changed it to a US address a couple weeks ago. Growing concerned that the order isn't moving because they ran out.

Still waiting for my amazon.co.uk Xenoblade preorder to ship after I changed it to a US address a couple weeks ago. Growing concerned that the order isn't moving because they ran out.
I don't think so considering Amazon UK put it up for sale again yesterday, though it only lasted like 5 minutes. Also they officially charged my card yesterday as well. Mine still haven't shipped yet either.

I just boxed up my XB1X and shelved it since it is nothing more than a paperweight to me right now lol.  Kinda regret buying it late last year tbh

I should have probably done this closer to when I pre-ordered, but I PO-ed the Ellie edition of TLOU2 as soon as it went up, but the price was like $250, and after GCU it knocked my price to $200, but later the MSRP turned out to be $230, so the 20% should bring down my PO to $184, but did anyone ever try asking customer service to see if they'd honor adjusting to the correct discount?   

I should have probably done this closer to when I pre-ordered, but I PO-ed the Ellie edition of TLOU2 as soon as it went up, but the price was like $250, and after GCU it knocked my price to $200, but later the MSRP turned out to be $230, so the 20% should bring down my PO to $184, but did anyone ever try asking customer service to see if they'd honor adjusting to the correct discount?
Its going to be hard for sure but I'd wait until after you get the game

So PS5 reveal is now Thursday what are the odd's it goes live after the reveal?
I'm honestly shocked that they've been able to keep the design under wraps this long... very excited to see it but afraid to find out how much it'll cost, though I'm not gonna buy it for at least a year.

I'm honestly shocked that they've been able to keep the design under wraps this long... very excited to see it but afraid to find out how much it'll cost, though I'm not gonna buy it for at least a year.
I just hope they have it in them to actually put out a price and not wait to see what Microsoft does

I’m skeptical about new consoles coming out this year. No one can even keep current gen hardware and controllers in stock right now. Hard to believe they’ll be able to ramp up new stuff for a Q4 release

This generation of consoles ended up backwards with the price/power ratio.  The LoU2 console was $400 and the Cyberpunk console was $300 and the less powerful vcr Xbox was $100 more than PS4 at launch.  It shows how much that launch changed each company.

The Xbox One came with a Kinect camera which drove the price up. If MS hadn’t pushed for that, it would’ve been same price as PS4

I’m skeptical about new consoles coming out this year. No one can even keep current gen hardware and controllers in stock right now. Hard to believe they’ll be able to ramp up new stuff for a Q4 release
Well that's just due to the virus bullshit holding up production, shipping, and everyone going spend crazy with their stimulus checks and people having to stay home and buying more games. Once things open back up more it will go back to normal. A world wide virus and country shutdowns and lockdowns will tend to mess things up

The Xbox One came with a Kinect camera which drove the price up. If MS hadn’t pushed for that, it would’ve been same price as PS4
It still wouldn't have mattered though. This gen they have had more powerful hardware that has dropped in price, they have had equally powerful hardware for the same price, had more variety of systems. But at the end of the day Xbox just has never caught up to ps4 because PS4 had the games and what good is a game console no matter the price and no matter the power of it doesn't have the games. They had a few good exclusives this gen but I played all those on my PC because Microsoft released them on PC as well which removed my need for a xbox, and I'm sure it did for a lot of others as well.

Well that's just due to the virus bullshit holding up production, shipping, and everyone going spend crazy with their stimulus checks and people having to stay home and buying more games. Once things open back up more it will go back to normal. A world wide virus and country shutdowns and lockdowns will tend to mess things up

It still wouldn't have mattered though. This gen they have had more powerful hardware that has dropped in price, they have had equally powerful hardware for the same price, had more variety of systems. But at the end of the day Xbox just has never caught up to ps4 because PS4 had the games and what good is a game console no matter the price and no matter the power of it doesn't have the games. They had a few good exclusives this gen but I played all those on my PC because Microsoft released them on PC as well which removed my need for a xbox, and I'm sure it did for a lot of others as well.
Agree with all of that. My X1 hasn't been touched since Crackdown 3 came out. I use the PS4 for everything that's not an MS exclusive. It'd be nice to know what launch exclusives the Series X will have, but MS has been silent. I assume there will be Halo and Forza.

I'm most excited about the potential of the Series X backwards compatibility. I have a couple hundred OG xbox and xbox 360 games (PS4 was the first Sony console I've owned). Would be cool to be able to play all of them on one machine.

Having the most powerful hardware or the most diverse library of good exclusive games means little though, the Wii says hello.
fuck the Wii. It is one of the bottom three systems from Nintendo to me. Motion controls are ass and should never be utilized to that extent again. Even though there were some great games from Nintendo and third parties, half of the game library is utter trash shovelware. This is due to the insane amount of casual non-gamers that actually purchased the system due to Wii Sports. They weren't buying the hardcore AAA titles like the rest of us. Wii was as successful as it was partly because of the gimmick of motion controls and the Wii Fit board. You had grandparents/parents thinking they were working out or actual gamers with Wii Bowling,etc. To this day, I bet none of those casuals even play games anymore.

Even though it was one of the most successful Nintendo systems, I feel the motion controls just weren't that accurate and the games were better with the Wii pro controller even though that wasn't perfect either (have the wire come out the bottom of the controller, really Nintendo?) turning the small Wii remote sideways for use as a "typical" controller isn't up to par either with me. All this is if the game didn't require motion controls to be playable. I prefer tight controls from a good game pad instead of flinging my arms around.

I would rather play the Super Nintendo, N64, and Gamecube any day over the Wii when it comes to older systems. Nintendo does come up with innovative ideas every once in a while like the Switch, but I hope they focus more on gameplay and power of the system in the future and less on gimmicks that sometimes do not work that great. I'm not denying Nintendo killed it with the Wii as far as making money, but focus more on great games and features like they are with the Switch. They are back on the right track now and I hope it stays that way.

Again, this is just my opinion.

fuck the Wii. It is one of the bottom three systems from Nintendo to me. Motion controls are ass and should never be utilized to that extent again. Even though there were some great games from Nintendo and third parties, half of the game library is utter trash shovelware. This is due to the insane amount of casual non-gamers that actually purchased the system due to Wii Sports. They weren't buying the hardcore AAA titles like the rest of us. Wii was as successful as it was partly because of the gimmick of motion controls and the Wii Fit board. You had grandparents/parents thinking they were working out or actual gamers with Wii Bowling,etc. To this day, I bet none of those casuals even play games anymore.

Even though it was one of the most successful Nintendo systems, I feel the motion controls just weren't that accurate and the games were better with the Wii pro controller even though that wasn't perfect either (have the wire come out the bottom of the controller, really Nintendo?) turning the small Wii remote sideways for use as a "typical" controller isn't up to par either with me. All this is if the game didn't require motion controls to be playable. I prefer tight controls from a good game pad instead of flinging my arms around.

I would rather play the Super Nintendo, N64, and Gamecube any day over the Wii when it comes to older systems. Nintendo does come up with innovative ideas every once in a while like the Switch, but I hope they focus more on gameplay and power of the system in the future and less on gimmicks that sometimes do not work that great. I'm not denying Nintendo killed it with the Wii as far as making money, but focus more on great games and features like they are with the Switch. They are back on the right track now and I hope it stays that way.

Again, this is just my opinion.
I always felt the same way. I thought Prime 3 and (especially) Skyward Sword were worse off due to waggle controls and felt Nintendo spent too much time on non-games (Wii Music) during the Wii/DS days. I think they found the right balance with the NS though. They've released a steady stream of new games and cannibalized the Wii U library to fill in the gaps.

I always felt the same way. I thought Prime 3 and (especially) Skyward Sword were worse off due to waggle controls and felt Nintendo spent too much time on non-games (Wii Music) during the Wii/DS days. I think they found the right balance with the NS though. They've released a steady stream of new games and cannibalized the Wii U library to fill in the gaps.
I couldn't agree more.

While I agree on Skyward Sword, I had a blast playing Prime 3 with the motion controls, and Resident Evil 4 felt similarly amazing to play that way. I'd gladly take a motion-less MP Trilogy, though.

I just wish the Switch had larger cartridges. It’s annoying that more and more 3rd party titles require massive downloads to get the complete game (the RE trilogy, Bioshock collection, LA Noire, etc).

At least the RE one has RE4 complete on the cartridge. But the Bioshock one supposedly has roughly half of each title, so you can’t even play any of the games without downloading.

Wouldn’t be an issue if I had some confidence that Nintendo would keep servers up long term

While I agree on Skyward Sword, I had a blast playing Prime 3 with the motion controls, and Resident Evil 4 felt similarly amazing to play that way. I'd gladly take a motion-less MP Trilogy, though.
Prime 3 was the only FPS game I played on the Wii and my issue was really, needing to keep the Wiimote pointed at the screen at all time- just resulted in my arm being crazy tired after an hour of playing. With something like RE4, it wasn't an issue and you only needed to do that when you aim.

Fully agree on the Prime Trilogy though, or at least Prime 1. I would love to revisit that game in HD.

I just wish the Switch had larger cartridges. It’s annoying that more and more 3rd party titles require massive downloads to get the complete game (the RE trilogy, Bioshock collection, LA Noire, etc).

At least the RE one has RE4 complete on the cartridge. But the Bioshock one supposedly has roughly half of each title, so you can’t even play any of the games without downloading.

Wouldn’t be an issue if I had some confidence that Nintendo would keep servers up long term
I feel like a lot of that is just money-grabs by publishers or lazy developers. I bought Mega Man Legacy 1 + 2 used without realizing that only 1 came on the cart and that I'd have to buy 2 separate (thanks for keeping the page title as MM Legacy 1+2 Gamestop). I mean, I'm sure Capcom would love for people to believe it was because they couldn't fit it all in one cart and NOT because it would result in more sales from digital content. I mean, the 8-bit Mega Man games are clearly so large that they couldn't possibly fit into one cart... even though the complete Witcher III game + expansions did.

So PS5 reveal is now Thursday what are the odd's it goes live after the reveal?
Unless I’ve heard incorrectly, I thought it was only advertised as a gameplay reveal. To show off games. I don’t think they said they’ll show off the console yet. That doesn’t mean they won’t, just saying they’ve been hyping it up as showing off software.

for anyone who is a destiny fan they announced a collectors set for the new dlc coming in september beyond light. they have versions with the game and a version without. 130 without. 200 with. the ps4 and xbox one will transfer to ps5 and xbox series x along with all other dlc. also confirmed 4k 60fps for next gen consoles and a hope to allow crossplay in 2021
CE_no-game_1000x1000_c2e94f32-4c8d-4f1f-986e-d814563afd06.jpg

https://bungiestore.com/collections/whats-new/products/preorder-destiny-2-beyond-light-collectors-edition-no-game-code

https://bungiestore.com/collections/whats-new/products/preorder-destiny-2-beyond-light-collectors-edition-ps4

https://bungiestore.com/collections/whats-new/products/preorder-destiny-2-beyond-light-collectors-edition-steam-pc

https://bungiestore.com/collections/whats-new/products/preorder-destiny-2-beyond-light-collectors-edition-xbox-one

Another "Bag" lol, they didn't learn from the last clearance CE selling at $50 down from $250. Destiny is one of the biggest cash grab scams ever perpetrated on gamers. They turn every $10 worth of actual content into a full retail release 'expansion' with "editions". I'm blown away it's still going.

Another "Bag" lol, they didn't learn from the last clearance CE selling at $50 down from $250. Destiny is one of the biggest cash grab scams ever perpetrated on gamers. They turn every $10 worth of actual content into a full retail release 'expansion' with "editions". I'm blown away it's still going.
While I too am excited for more Destiny, I'm torn on this CE. I don't think I'll have a use for this bag (while the last bag was quite nice and I regret missing out on it), but I would definitely like to have that Darkness Splinter. I know that if I don't pull the trigger on this soon I won't have the choice...

Got an email from Amazon UK that my Xenoblade CE order was canceled for some reason.  fuck

It also included 4 additional orders that I've never seen before and aren't in my account  :?:

What I don't understand is Bungie breaks from Activision, but then they're still doing the "full expansion" once every year thing anyways.   Plus expansion pass.  It ALL feels like carved content too; carrot on the stick and save some for later.  Last year I transferred my save over to PC and then never started up again.   They wanted me to buy all the previous DLC a second time and I said nope.   Frankly, they need to get their shit together.  I want to play it again but I'm not going to buy Shadowkeep or whatever in addition whatever new hot mess they are selling in the fall.  Their cross-save is bullshit because your DLC purchases don't transfer over. 

Sorry but not all of us are going to buy your game all over again every single year for $100-120.  You lost your credibility when some people bought Destiny 2 for $60 on PC but then you started giving it away for free.  Not my fault you guys devalue your own IP.  L2P.  I can just start playing everything a year later for $20; everyone I know has quit the game by now anyways. 

They make things up as they go along and paywall everything new once you finally buy into that year's $60 version yet again.  It's a constant reshuffling of disguised paid content and I finally lost patience.  They can't even get their Eververse shit straight.

People don't appreciate being fooled, or baited and switched. 

Are you guys gonna order your new nextgen consoles for delivery or in-store pickup.

I usually like to order mine for pickup always, but with fears of COVID resurgence in the Fall, if that happens it could complicate anything being picked up. Also I wonder if retailers will hire extra security around that time to prevent against any looters.

I hate to have a console shipped, but I think it might be the better option at this point, still debating.

Got an email from Amazon UK that my order was canceled for some reason. fuck

It also included 4 additional orders that I've never seen before and aren't in my account :?:
Did you get any emails about a payment issue a week ago? If they started canceling orders without a reason then I wouldn't be surprised if those other orders are other people's that were also waiting to be shipped when the server had a hiccup as it sent out the bad news. Maybe it is time to switch back to the UK forwarding address and hope for the best.

Got an email from Amazon UK that my order was canceled for some reason. fuck
It also included 4 additional orders that I've never seen before and aren't in my account :?:
Did they ever charge you. I'm already charged by Amazon UK since last Friday, but still no shipment. I'm assuming you're talking about Xenoblade.

Did you get any emails about a payment issue a week ago? If they started canceling orders without a reason then I wouldn't be surprised if those other orders are other people's that were also waiting to be shipped when the server had a hiccup as it sent out the bad news. Maybe it is time to switch back to the UK forwarding address and hope for the best.
No, just dispatch and delays.

Did they ever charge you. I'm already charged by Amazon UK since last Friday, but still no shipment. I'm assuming you're talking about Xenoblade.
Yes, probably should have mentioned that lol (edited now). I had a pending charge when I was told it was being dispatched, but that's as far as it got

Are you guys gonna order your new nextgen consoles for delivery or in-store pickup.

I usually like to order mine for pickup always, but with fears of COVID resurgence in the Fall, if that happens it could complicate anything being picked up. Also I wonder if retailers will hire extra security around that time to prevent against any looters.

I hate to have a console shipped, but I think it might be the better option at this point, still debating.
At the rate 2020 is going, I would wager that we'll have other things to worry about beyond corona... the economy (even without corona, there were plenty of trends showing the economy might be up for a downturn), the election, and who knows what else could happen in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back