2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
If they’re not offering free steelbook with ME anymore then I’ll just get it from target. I wonder if there’ll be a next gen version/upgrade

So fair warning if you want a physical copy of Ys IX you better buy it on Amazon soon as it’s apparently out of print as every other retailer is sold out.

So fair warning if you want a physical copy of Ys IX you better buy it on Amazon soon as it’s apparently out of print as every other retailer is sold out.
Is this accurate? As I see it in stock at most retailers still 🤷🏻‍♂️ Well except GameStop.

I think Ys VIII is a unique situation considering the botched localization. I'd expect Ys IX to be more like nisa's csIII releases. Both saw reprints.

VIII was available for a very long time after release. I bought a new PS4 copy for retail in 2019. It was 2 years old. It just was late to catch on.

Ys releases generally are not very popular at release and have lower print runs. I’ve grabbed multiples of all the more recent remakes etc.

I have the collector's Edition so I'm not getting this, but he's telling the truth. I just checked Bestbuy and it's not available for shipping and only one store (Rockville, MD) has 1 last copy left and 0 available in DC/MD/VA area.

Damn. I really don't know why I bother waiting sometimes with preorders knowing I can cancel later if i change my mind.

Welp, I'm an idiot.
This is me with the Bayonetta Non-stop Climax Edition (It was a JP exclusive). At the time I thought, "Why would I pay $90 (I think that was the price) for games I already own on other consoles?"

I'm not near a Best Buy so I put the game on store pickup and the steelbook for shipping. I'm guessing they won't ship it unless I pickup the game. :/
there was no shipping for the steelbook to my house when i was initially ordering

i placed the order anyway

then swapped the steelbook from pickup to shipping in the order confirmation

both shipped out same day and came in yesterday

I am too lazy to take a screen shot but it clearly saying sold by Amazon.com Services LLC when you check out
Those games are kinda insane on the secondary market, but I feel like Ys IX has a better chance for a reprint since it's got more name recognition and it's already heading that way a few weeks after release.

That said, if someone's reading this and on the fence about buying it now, I'd recommend pulling the trigger. NISA doesn't regularly do reprtints and I wouldn't rely on one if you really want the game.

Those games are kinda insane on the secondary market, but I feel like Ys IX has a better chance for a reprint since it's got more name recognition and it's already heading that way a few weeks after release.

That said, if someone's reading this and on the fence about buying it now, I'd recommend pulling the trigger. NISA doesn't regularly do reprtints and I wouldn't rely on one if you really want the game.
They may release a standard not “pact” edition since I don’t think it was ever available? It would likely depend on their digital sales too I’m guessing. They likely aren’t interested in reprinting for a niche collector market.

Edit: just after posting I checked Best Buy- they had some for pickup near me.

The only releases you have to watch out for are KOEI Tecmo and some NISA games.

I'd also generally keep an eye on XSEED and IFI, though KT and NISA are definitely the worse and more consistent offenders.

XSEED's only real quantity missteps so far have been Half-Genie Hero and Cold Steel. They partnered with LRG for a reprint on HGH so they might be open to Cold Steel assuming there aren't licensing shenanigans preventing that. Time will tell, though, and it seems like they lost the two licenses that would probably interest most people here (Trails and Ys).

Most of IFI's stuff is still under MSRP on the second-hand market aside from LRG distros, Vita stuff, and Fairy Fencer F but their games are pretty hit-or-miss on stock. My guess is that they're equally low-print runs, but the games themselves aren't as desirable/sought after.

Not too bad aside from 428 and AI: The Somnium Files but really they are just giving their low demand stuff to LRG
But even those two went down to reasonable prices at some point (remember seeing both for around $29.99 each). Even got the CE of AI for $38 from Deepdiscount. But both never went as low as $25 as far as I'm aware so $30 is my "buy or regret it later" price for Spike Chunsoft games.

But even those two went down to reasonable prices at some point (remember seeing both for around $29.99 each). Even got the CE of AI for $38 from Deepdiscount. But both never went as low as $25 as far as I'm aware so $30 is my "buy or regret it later" price for Spike Chunsoft games.
I liked Crystar on PS4, if you've ever played that. It's tough as nails to find in the wild at decent prices now.

I liked Crystar on PS4, if you've ever played that. It's tough as nails to find in the wild at decent prices now.
It is now, true. Luckily I picked it up in October 2019 for $39.99 when I still had GCU. It also looks like it went as low as $29.77 at Amazon according to camelcamelcamel.com. So still that $30 sweet spot for Spike Chunsoft games.

So did anyone cancel the monster hunter steelbook over at bestbuy to find out its an dvd case not a switch steelbook? Or should I just preorder again?
Huh? What makes you say that. I'm 100% sure it's a switch case. Maybe the description is just generic. Says the same for P5S steelbook.

20210317-182009775-i-OS.jpg
20210317-182029265-i-OS.jpg

Did they say if there's going to be any qualify of life changes on the ME Remaster? I'm not gonna lie, as much as I'd love to re-live my 20s when I could drop 20-40 hours in a game without thinking about it, I really don't have that much time anymore... 

Did they say if there's going to be any qualify of life changes on the ME Remaster? I'm not gonna lie, as much as I'd love to re-live my 20s when I could drop 20-40 hours in a game without thinking about it, I really don't have that much time anymore...
The first game will be tweaked to play more like 2 and 3 with hud and character models doing a better job of matching such as ME3 Femshep being in ME1. I don't think much outside of resolution will change in 2 and 3.

I'm glad I jumped on the vinyl release of the ME trilogy soundtrack at spacelab9. The 3 color N7 version is already sold out. The Witcher 3 re-release is all sold out now too.

bread's done
Back