2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Skyward Sword up another $5 at shop4megastore, now at $90!

According to Nintendo ES, these are the number of promo items available. Not sure if 10k is just for GAME, I don't think they didn't included fnac, mediamrkt, micromania and amazon in the tally.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I think I'll stick with the shopto for $112 at this point.

Same here with Biomutant. Game doesn't look like it's going to hold up well though. Maybe I'll return it even at half off.
The game is getting a bit of hype, but reviews are 6-7/10 range right now. Looks like those CEs will drop in price later or so I hope. The biggest gripe I hear about it so far is how long winded the characters are and all being translated by the same narrator. Gameplay seems solid enough for me to enjoy though.

For those who were waiting for a discount like I was, it looks like the CE of Hyper Light Drifter is starting to dry up at Best Buy as far as I can tell.  Hasn't ever gone on sale either from what I can tell and it might not come before it becomes unavailable.  

Bruh biomutant CE was $60? I done goofed
Out of the loop but I keep seeing this game mentioned regularly... is there a reason people are looking forward to it? I know I'm saying this in hindsight as reviews are not looking pretty, but disregarding that, is it from some famous developer/person/studio or something?

So I decided to bite on that limited Stubb's The Zombie collector's edition set. and went to buy and bam. $50 shipping. I get that the box looks big but jeez. Going from $150 to $200 is really making it hard to bite on. I do suspect it'll be really rare however and I do really like it. Ugh.

So I decided to bite on that limited Stubb's The Zombie collector's edition set. and went to buy and bam. $50 shipping. I get that the box looks big but jeez. Going from $150 to $200 is really making it hard to bite on. I do suspect it'll be really rare however and I do really like it. Ugh.
The thing that annoys me about that is the developer still hasn't confirmed one way or another whether the physical version is tied to the CE only and won't have a standard release. I have to imagine a standard release will be happening though as I find it hard to believe they sold through all of their physical copies just on the overpriced CE alone.

By the way, $50 shipping is crazy. Is that domestic or international?

The thing that annoys me about that is the developer still hasn't confirmed one way or another whether the physical version is tied to the CE only and won't have a standard release. I have to imagine a standard release will be happening though as I find it hard to believe they sold through all of their physical copies just on the overpriced CE alone.

By the way, $50 shipping is crazy. Is that domestic or international?
So I'm not sure where but I could have sworn I saw that the collectors edition was the only was to get the physical release and that they weren't selling them separately but I'll have to look back and see where I saw that. It's honestly one of my favorite games from my childhood and though I'm sure it doesn't hold up to my nostalgia I still want to have that cool limited collectible pieces for it, and it is one of the better CE's I've seen in a long while. It's just rough with such expensive shipping. That's domestic too. I'm in NY there's no reason shipping should be anywhere near that

Wario just tweeted the skyward steelbook is back up on shop4megastore 89.99 now that's insane
When Amazon UK let non-UK buy, price will drop back down to 70ish

Edit: and FOMO cleared out another one of Shop4 batches, price bout to go up another $5 [emoji38]

EU and AUS getting steelbook, keychain and t-shirt, meanwhile NA getting stickers
176f820d6fe772ec6178e95ecdfb3827.jpg

EU and AUS getting steelbook, keychain and t-shirt, meanwhile NA getting stickers

Is there any reason why Nintendo of America has been so shoddy with bonuses this gen? Feels like we've been stiffed on a decent number of steelbooks - Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Xenoblade DE, etc.

Is there any reason why Nintendo of America has been so shoddy with bonuses this gen? Feels like we've been stiffed on a decent number of steelbooks - Luigi's Mansion 3, Link's Awakening, Xenoblade DE, etc.
Only RECENT thing I can think of is how absolutely F***ed our shipping system is atm. The cost of getting things shipped overseas is already pretty high, but add onto that the necessity to pay even more to jump ahead of the several dozen or so moored shipping tankers off every port in NA and you have some VERY costly steelbooks.

The only way I, as a private citizen, can get things in a timely manner from overseas is by paying a HUGE premium to DHL, otherwise I have to wait several weeks (Play-Asia) to several months (Amiami) to receive some of my imported goods

Obviously there is no excuse for pre-covid bonuses, but the current postal/shipping situation is definitely a factor for Nintendo of NA giving us extra goodies.

Hasn’t Nintendo always been the shittiest with bonuses though? I don’t think it’s limited to just this gen

P5S (Switch) steelbook now sold out at Bestbuy, hope yall got it by now.

Edit: flickering between Sold Out and Shipping only

I don't think Target has done steelbooks for years on any product including movies.
Probably why it’s pretty pricey. The double box of sword and shield was a bit bigger and included inside was the sb, Best Buy gave away a coin instead of a sb

I don't think Target has done steelbooks for years on any product including movies.
Target gets a lot of steelbook movies. I've got Backdraft in 4k preordered. They also had the animated Mortal Kombat movie exclusive not too long ago.

Target gets a lot of steelbook movies. I've got Backdraft in 4k preordered. They also had the animated Mortal Kombat movie exclusive not too long ago.
I believe Backdraft was a wide release. But Target does still get the occasional steelbook exclusive like the recent Total Recall/Terminator 2 2-pack steelbook.

I believe Backdraft was a wide release. But Target does still get the occasional steelbook exclusive like the recent Total Recall/Terminator 2 2-pack steelbook.
It's super rare though. As you point out, unless it's a wide release, it's very unusual for Target to get an exclusive steelbook anymore and they haven't done it for video games in a few years.

It's super rare though. As you point out, unless it's a wide release, it's very unusual for Target to get an exclusive steelbook anymore and they haven't done it for video games in a few years.
Maybe not a whole lot of exclusives, but they have a lot for sale. Mostly in stores though. The web site is pretty bare. Sword/Shield is the only game steelbook I know of they done.

Maybe not a whole lot of exclusives, but they have a lot for sale. Mostly in stores though. The web site is pretty bare. Sword/Shield is the only game steelbook I know of they done.
They had at least one older one (for a Final Fantasy....maybe Lightning Returns).

Amazon has also had exclusive Pokemon steelbook double packs (for the 3DS games). So that's another possibility.

Sword/Shield was Target last known exclusive steelbook, they've had other video game steelbook exclusives before and were limited to just Square Enix titles: Lightning Returns, Thief, Tomb Raider and Just Cause 3.

As for movies, they still do steelbook but mostly through dotcom, majority of B&M stopped stocking them.

Held my tongue on the first one, but the spirit of these posts aren't true at all. Target gets very very few new release 4K steelbooks. Almost all new 4K steelbook releases are Best Buy exclusives. Most of what they have on the shelves currently are retailer-non-specific and old BB exclusives that have been pulled from their stores and re-distributed. Most titles that Target sells are re-releases or re-packages and that weird DC animated crap. This week's Terminator/Total Recall lenticular is very out of the ordinary, and T2 is the worst looking 4K UHD disc of all-time. They are anything but an industry leader in that regard and I feel the spirit of those sentiments are very misguided. Target does nothing but a disservice to steelbook collectors by repurposing older BD movies in order to sell them at 'new' pricing again. i.e. early adopters and day1 supporters get the shaft.

Target does almost everything else better than everyone, but steelbooks are not it. They used to commission new release steelbooks but not anymore during the previous few years.

Is Wonder Boy: Asha in Monster World physical edition supposed to be limited? I have it pre-ordered on Amazon, but no other retailers have it listed, and it's supposed to come out May 28th, but my Amazon order is still on "we'll email you when we have an estimated date" status.

...This week's Terminator/Total Recall lenticular is very out of the ordinary, and T2 is the worst looking 4K UHD disc of all-time...
I know this isn't the point of your post, but that Steelbook isn't even 4K. It's BD + Digital. The mock up of the Steelbook on Target's site has the wrong spine.

On second thought, maybe that lack of attention to detail by Target encompasses your point exactly.

Horizon Forbidden West and Dying Light 2 *could* both drop today, so don't sleep on it.

Edit: DL2 Deluxe is up on GS. No sign of CE

2 Possibilities for Horizon: Forbidden West not getting a release date announced today

1) The game is progressing smoothly in development, but is being hampered by being developed for PS4 and PS5, basically they are trying to avoid a Cyberpunk-esque launch and Sony is letting them iron EVERYTHING out before a concrete date can be announced...my opinion is that the game will be a Q1 2022 release.

-or-

2) They are trying to avoid the BOTW2 release date as best they can, so they are holding off a release date to see if Nintendo announces the date at E3.  If Nintendo announced an October/November release for BOTW2 I could see Sony trying to put Forbidden West a few weeks/a  month before or after it launches so they can have their own slate.  Essentially if BOTW 2 is in October, Horizon is in November and vice-versa.

All that being said I WANT a CE similar to the first game (statue, steelbook, artbook + digital goodies for $120) but am preparing myself for a slightly less impressive version (Statue, steelbook, 8-track OST + digital goodies for $140).

2 Possibilities for Horizon: Forbidden West not getting a release date announced today

1) The game is progressing smoothly in development, but is being hampered by being developed for PS4 and PS5, basically they are trying to avoid a Cyberpunk-esque launch and Sony is letting them iron EVERYTHING out before a concrete date can be announced...my opinion is that the game will be a Q1 2022 release.

-or-

2) They are trying to avoid the BOTW2 release date as best they can, so they are holding off a release date to see if Nintendo announces the date at E3. If Nintendo announced an October/November release for BOTW2 I could see Sony trying to put Forbidden West a few weeks/a month before or after it launches so they can have their own slate. Essentially if BOTW 2 is in October, Horizon is in November and vice-versa.

All that being said I WANT a CE similar to the first game (statue, steelbook, artbook + digital goodies for $120) but am preparing myself for a slightly less impressive version (Statue, steelbook, 8-track OST + digital goodies for $140).
Personally I believe no date has been said to keep it from effecting the hype of Ratchet and Clank.

bread's done
Back