2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone here do me a favor? I'm trying to edit my payment on Best Buy. I see they actually added that option now. Not sure how long it's been there, but you just need to click the drop down under payment and it says edit payment.

Been trying to do it all day and when I hit "add new card" I get "service unavailable" message.

I just wanna know if it's purely on my end or a site-wide issue.

Can anyone here who has an order at BB try that and see if you get the error. You don't need to add a card obviously, just back out if it works for you.

Anyone here do me a favor? I'm trying to edit my payment on Best Buy. I see they actually added that option now. Not sure how long it's been there, but you just need to click the drop down under payment and it says edit payment.

Been trying to do it all day and when I hit "add new card" I get "service unavailable" message.

Can anyone here who has an order at BB try that and see if you get the error. You don't need to add a card obviously, just back out if it works for you.
You need to post your login info and CC number for anyone to help, can’t do much without that!

Kidding obviously, don’t post that. You mean editing for an existing pre-order? I found the area you are talking about and got the same error message when trying to add new card, it’s not just you.

You need to post your login info and CC number for anyone to help, can’t do much without that!

Kidding obviously, don’t post that. You mean editing for an existing pre-order? I found the area you are talking about and got the same error message when trying to add new card, it’s not just you.
Same here. I would just try again in a few days. It used to work as I've done it before

This just happens occasionally and I have no clue why. Even my BestBuy credit card will error out sometimes for seemingly no reason. Like tubtub said, give it a bit and try again; it should work sooner rather than later.

Try making a new preorder or some random game, hopefully one very far out, with the new card.

Then go back to the other pre-order and change the payment method to the new card.

And then cancel the random game preorder.

I don't think media has been returnable once opened, since like the 90s. Cyberpunk being the exception.
This is correct. In the book Console Wars, you read how Nintendo strong armed the retailers to stop taking back opened games. The rest of media (music, movies, computer software) soon followed.

The Legendary Cache doesn't include the game, only physical extras.
Exactly. No EA CE has included the game since DA Inquisition. Long time CAG's remember what happened there (2 years to get replacements for all the broken and/or missing parts, pretty much the last act of Project Triforce before they went out of business.)

This is correct. In the book Console Wars, you read how Nintendo strong armed the retailers to stop taking back opened games. The rest of media (music, movies, computer software) soon followed.
I thought the book only mentioned consoles? Specifically NES > Super NES, they argued too many people were returning their NES years later, claiming defects, so they could get full credit towards buying an SNES when that came out. Which the retailers were happy to do since the cost went to Nintendo and they got a new sale. Nintendo said you can accept it back but it’s on your dime, not ours anymore. Now the system return must be within 90 days if we are liable. I don’t remember the book mentioning anymore than that?

Exactly. No EA CE has included the game since DA Inquisition. Long time CAG's remember what happened there (2 years to get replacements for all the broken and/or missing parts, pretty much the last act of Project Triforce before they went out of business.)
I am so pissed about all that, since I had no idea the replacements were being done. GS told me that they (meaning GS) would contact anyone who preordered the game and how to get replacements but after a year or so, I gave up thinking it would happen... and then it did actually happen but it came and went and I had no idea.

I am so pissed about all that, since I had no idea the replacements were being done. GS told me that they (meaning GS) would contact anyone who preordered the game and how to get replacements but after a year or so, I gave up thinking it would happen... and then it did actually happen but it came and went and I had no idea.
Was that before you were following the CE threads?

Was that before you were following the CE threads?
I've been around the CAG forms regularly so I have no idea how I missed it, unless it was offered during Nov to Mar, in which case that's when I'm busy with work and only browse CAG in a half-awakened state and am not surprised I missed it.

20210429-200220385-i-OS.jpg
20210429-200248742-i-OS.jpg

RE Village CE unboxings are showing up on youtube.  They don't look worth $220 at all. More so considering that the steelbook at BB is 100% the same.  So, you get a map, a paperback artbook, and a figure that always looks up. I'm good.

I thought the book only mentioned consoles? Specifically NES > Super NES, they argued too many people were returning their NES years later, claiming defects, so they could get full credit towards buying an SNES when that came out. Which the retailers were happy to do since the cost went to Nintendo and they got a new sale. Nintendo said you can accept it back but it’s on your dime, not ours anymore. Now the system return must be within 90 days if we are liable. I don’t remember the book mentioning anymore than that?
No they talk about specifically Target vs. Nintendo in the book in regards to return policy on opened games.

RE Village CE unboxings are showing up on youtube. They don't look worth $220 at all. More so considering that the steelbook at BB is 100% the same. So, you get a map, a paperback artbook, and a figure that always looks up. I'm good.
At least the Steelbook is included this time. For the last two you had to get the Steelbook’s from either Best Buy or EBay.

To be fair, it was one CAG that I forget who it was that kept in constant contact with Project Triforce, & it was the 2nd attempt at replacements before it was actually done. It was a running joke for two years that they would never fix it and they did.

The first time after sending info it was constant excuses of factory shutting down for Chinese New Year, factory refusing to work with them, etc. throughout 2015 & finally around Nov. 2016 a different person there said they were determined to fix it and you had to resend your info & pictures. Finally in Dec. 2016/Jan. 2017 I & other CAG’s got our replacements.

And when I saw Mike Laidlaw at PAX East 17 (his last as an employee of EA) he even autographed my Steelbook with “Hoorah for CE completion!”

I’m sorry Vinny you were told wrong information as GS employees were instructed to have customers call EA, who instructed people to contact Project Triforce.

At least the Steelbook is included this time. For the last two you had to get the Steelbook’s from either Best Buy or EBay.
RE Village steelbook maybe not as rare as the last 2 Resident Evil titles, UK is getting some as prepackaged steelbook edition. Though strange enough, Germany not see any allocation even though they are the homeland of all steelbooks.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

RE Village steelbook maybe not as rare as the last 2 Resident Evil titles, UK is getting some as prepackaged steelbook edition. Though strange enough, Germany not see any allocation even though they are the homeland of all steelbooks.

I would rather the RE 8 Steelbook not be worth as much because of how plentiful it is vs. what happened with RE 2 where importing from Europe was the only option for many North American fans. I haven't kept up but I wonder if the RE 3 Steelbook is in the same boat now that it's been sold out at BB for months?

So is the Mass Effect steelbook exclusive to PS5 and not XSX? Wanted to switch after the FPS news but it's not showing up.

Nevermind... I figured it out.

I would rather the RE 8 Steelbook not be worth as much because of how plentiful it is vs. what happened with RE 2 where importing from Europe was the only option for many North American fans. I haven't kept up but I wonder if the RE 3 Steelbook is in the same boat now that it's been sold out at BB for months?
If I recall correctly, 2 was instant sellout, no allotment beyond preorder, some preorders even got shafted out of fulfillment. 3 still got some sit around for a few months, long enough for Bestbuy to put it up for sell individually.

So I think this had been discussed here in the past, but I forgot what the answer was. For pre-orders at Best Buy done with GCU, if you need to edit payment information, when reprocessed, it loses the GCU discount and charges full price.

If you call Best Buy's hotline, do they help you on that to reapply the discount or give you some type of credit? Or are you SOL?

So I think this had been discussed here in the past, but I forgot what the answer was. For pre-orders at Best Buy done with GCU, if you need to edit payment information, when reprocessed, it loses the GCU discount and charges full price.

If you call Best Buy's hotline, do they help you on that to reapply the discount or give you some type of credit? Or are you SOL?
Nope

You're SOL.

And fun fact, if there were other items in your order that did get the GCU discount you'll also be retroactively charged that premium. Top-tier system. (/s)

I'm going to call tomorrow, have the CS rep note the price of the order before altering the payment and then once it changes, see if I can sweet talk them into giving me credit for the order. I'll see how it goes.

Got the ME Legendary Cache from Bioware on Tuesday. No, it does not include the game. However, this is by far the best LE I have ever bought. The helmet is lightweight, sorta, but certainly Hasbro Black series quality. The metal case is cool even though it's not steelbook. The art is fantastic! A hundred times better than I thought as it's on hard back canvas and not just a litho. It comes with the bioware gear exclusive Femshep canvas, but I'm not a fan of that particular image. The Normandy one is killer. The pin is fine. It's cool, but I'm not super into pins. The cherry on top is the letter from Anderson. for most, this is throw-away, but for fans this will make you smile.

I was in wave 1, for what its worth. I'm a mega Mass Effect fan, so this was perfect for me. But as a life long gamer and sucker for LE's, this one is sick.

Got the ME Legendary Cache from Bioware on Tuesday. No, it does not include the game. However, this is by far the best LE I have ever bought. The helmet is lightweight, sorta, but certainly Hasbro Black series quality. The metal case is cool even though it's not steelbook. The art is fantastic! A hundred times better than I thought as it's on hard back canvas and not just a litho. It comes with the bioware gear exclusive Femshep canvas, but I'm not a fan of that particular image. The Normandy one is killer. The pin is fine. It's cool, but I'm not super into pins. The cherry on top is the letter from Anderson. for most, this is throw-away, but for fans this will make you smile.

I was in wave 1, for what its worth. I'm a mega Mass Effect fan, so this was perfect for me. But as a life long gamer and sucker for LE's, this one is sick.
sounds awesome. I got a wave 2 order. Eager to get it, whenever that may be...

Nice! Mine will be in tomorrow. Shipping was a bit slow. I got the game from BB so I'll have a steelbook with it, but I'm not a hater of metal cases if the front art is nice.

I kept my Legendary cache from Best Buy. I thought the helmet was a cool collector. I was gonna cancel either that or the RE Village CE and decided to cancel RE.

I kept my Legendary cache from Best Buy. I thought the helmet was a cool collector. I was gonna cancel either that or the RE Village CE and decided to cancel RE.
I still have both at the moment and am kinda torn. I'm not a huge RE fan, with the exception of RE4 but REVIII has me excited. However, I was hoping to get the PS5 CE but was only able to get the PS4 one.

I'm also not a huge ME fan either but that cache seems like a decent value.

bread's done
Back