2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
The last of my May shopping spree of special edition consoles came in today. The Zelda GBA SP complete in box. It's nice to finally have that one on the shelf! I also got the Hyrule and Link Between Worlds 3DS XL systems and the green Halo Edition original Xbox.
Congrats man, that's a true gem. I wanted that Zelda GBA SP so badly back in the day but it was during a time when I had no money and I had no idea where to shop for imports.

I also missed the Hyrule 3DS, but do have the Between Worlds 3DS XL... except I didn't like the game that much so I'm not sure satisfied owning that.

Ace attorney CE is up at play Asia. I have one at amiami. Anyone remember how much their shipping usually is? Not sure if I should keep at amiami and order from play Asia. Then again, play Asia is $90 when amiami its $70ish, so play Asia’s markup likely makes up the difference anyway.
Shipping usually starts at $8, unless something is heavy and oversized

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Ace attorney CE is up at play Asia. I have one at amiami. Anyone remember how much their shipping usually is? Not sure if I should keep at amiami and order from play Asia. Then again, play Asia is $90 when amiami its $70ish, so play Asia’s markup likely makes up the difference anyway.
Amiami doesn't really like cancellations unless you're a frequent customer with a good order history. If this is your first order with them they may ban you from future ordering after processing your cancellation request.

Yup. Got banned and regret it. Missing out on some cool stuff.
I'm in the same boat except mine was due to Google marking amiami emails as a spam at some point (even though I have tons of valid emails from them), an a preorder coming due and I missed it all the emails and they banned me. I only found out months later when I tried to log in.

Amiami doesn't really like cancellations unless you're a frequent customer with a good order history. If this is your first order with them they may ban you from future ordering after processing your cancellation request.
I didn't cancel, because I trust amiami's shipping more. I ordered from them before, only a few times though.

That said, if it comes a time where I need to cancel an order, then I'll do it and if I get banned I do. There are plenty of ways to get around bans, but you can't get money back if you bought something where you need to cancel the order because you need the cash.

Saw a video on the Guilty Gear Ultimate Edition.  it is a metal pak with nothing on the spine and the same bland red design in the pictures.  Glad it's out of stock.

Still wish I had a chance to get a physical copy. I emailed ArcSystem and they said they dont plan on making anymore. Too expensive from resellers even if its not a huge amount of extras.
It was funny how the launch trailer showed the ultimate edition at the end, as if it hasn't already been unavailable for however long.

I saw it when it was available but skipped it since there was strangely no PS4 version. Interesting that the reseller markup is so high for what seems so little.

I just got my copy of Guilty Gear Strive UE and got really frustrated that the dlc codes weren't working. That is until I realized the game doesn't officially launch until the 11th

Anyone here order Ratchet & Clank launch edition from Best Buy? My order says "ships by Friday" I haven't gotten a pre-order from BB on launch day in quite a while, so I have a hunch they'll ship it on Friday and I'll get it on Saturday or Monday. Curious if anyone here has their pre-order say the same thing in their order status.

Anyone here order Ratchet & Clank launch edition from Best Buy? My order says "ships by Friday" I haven't gotten a pre-order from BB on launch day in quite a while, so I have a hunch they'll ship it on Friday and I'll get it on Saturday or Monday. Curious if anyone here has their pre-order say the same thing in their order status.
My copy is “getting it ready” and no longer cancelable. I’ve been mostly seeing all my BB preorders delivered on release day, delivered 1 or 2 day shipping with UPS. For Biomutant, I got a shipping email from BB on the 24th, and it showed up on the 25th.

My copy is “getting it ready” and no longer cancelable. I’ve been mostly seeing all my BB preorders delivered on release day, delivered 1 or 2 day shipping with UPS. For Biomutant, I got a shipping email from BB on the 24th, and it showed up on the 25th.
Does it say anything above getting it ready? Mine just says “we’ll ship it by Friday”

Oddly, I’ve been getting issues with amazon lately too. I had Oddworld collection ordered there and it never shipped and it said will arrive by June 16th when the release date was June 1st, and I just cancelled and ordered it elsewhere. And since then Amazon just moved the listing to out of stock, and I had Yonder ordered from Amazon as well and their release date was June 8th and it never shipped and they moved that to out of stock as well. Though with that, other retailers have the release date listed as 7/27 so maybe Amazon just had the wrong release date for that one.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1402643404576673800

great trailer! Battlefield 2042 collectors edition incoming ?

E3 is this weekend, so we should have a LOT of new collectors releases soon.

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/1402643404576673800

great trailer! Battlefield 2042 collectors edition incoming ?

E3 is this weekend, so we should have a LOT of new collectors releases soon.

There is a gold and ultimate edition. Id guess a Best Buy steelbook at best.

There is a gold and ultimate edition. Id guess a Best Buy steelbook at best.
6467952_sd.jpg

Looks like Bestbuy will have a Steelbook for Battlefield 2042. Hopefully they get the other Editions up for pre-order there.

6467952_sd.jpg

Looks like Bestbuy will have a Steelbook for Battlefield 2042. Hopefully they get the other Editions up for pre-order there.
I guess wait till after E3 showcase because every other edition looks to be digital only, I think the steelbook maybe as good as it gets honestly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, so Battlefield 2142 is an old game.  Battlefield 1942 is obviously an old game.  But Battlefield 2042 is the newest game.  That's totally not confusing.

Lol, so Battlefield 2142 is an old game. Battlefield 1942 is obviously an old game. But Battlefield 2042 is the newest game. That's totally not confusing.
It's not like you can get 2 old PC games mixed up and buy the wrong thing.

I'm getting that steelbook though! BB has added Gold and Ultimate Editions for Xbox and PC. All are digital.

EU and NA getting the same CE content for this installment, Bamco exclusive per usual
a11d02f539458cbe4442fe0796b21056.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I've been very disappointed by the Dark Pictures games so far. Just dull and boring games compared to Until Dawn and Hidden Agenda. Though the games are at a budget MSRP ($30), I'll be waiting for reviews for this latest installment before wasting money again.

f054d22d44498be9e0dba90f221be7a6.jpg

Apparently GameStop had their own steelbook for preorders as well (left) and Bestbuy’s is pictured on the right hand side

f054d22d44498be9e0dba90f221be7a6.jpg

Apparently GameStop had their own steelbook for preorders as well (left) and Bestbuy’s is pictured on the right hand side

I'll have to ebay the Gamestop one then. I don't need to buy the game twice, or buy from Gamestop. GS was fine when I had a local store, but with it gone, I've got no interest in doing any business online with them.

I went into the store at 11am and bought the only new copy + steelbook that they had.   Sometimes you've got to have a little hustle. 

The steelbook is not itemized on the receipt.

FF7-Intergrade-steelbook.jpg

I went into the store at 11am and bought the only new copy + steelbook that they had. Sometimes you've got to have a little hustle.

The steelbook is not itemized on the receipt.

FF7-Intergrade-steelbook.jpg
Wow, that SB actually looks way better than I expected...

Still available online... goodbye $70...

Find a Gamestop with extras, buy the game to get the steelbook, return the game (sans steelbook) later to a different Gamestop with the receipt.
This is what I did on my lunch break. Gonna swing by when I get off to see if they've changed shifts yet but if not the next closest store is 10 minutes away.

This is a nice piece, definitely worth it for free.

On reddit many people said that the steelbook had no protection going to stores and almost all copies are badly scratched.  I wish everyone luck avoiding that.  I can't drop another $70 on it though.  I've got enough pre-orders I'm iffy on still.  I can't double dip on a game I didn't like.

bread's done
Back