2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep calling Gamestop to see if they're doing in store pre orders. They aren't right now and I can't get a clear answer if they will. That's usually where I'm able to snag high demand games because bots can't physically go into stores.

Limited Edition Darth Vader Razer Wireless Controller + Quick Charging Stand for Xbox

https://www.razer.com/console-controllers/Star-Wars-Xbox-Controller-and-Charging-Stand/ELDSXBWCR-0K5AL

XBOX SERRIES X controller (DUE TO 3rd button on front)

Star Wars: Squadrons Controller Gear Wireless Controller + Pro Charging Stand for Xbox

https://www.razer.com/console-controllers/Star-Wars-Xbox-Controller-and-Charging-Stand/ELDSXBWCR-0MNWR

XBOX X controller (DUE TO --NO-- 3rd button on front)

ALSO Back ONLINE - CUSTOME XBOX series x controllers. 

https://xboxdesignlab.xbox.com/

I keep calling Gamestop to see if they're doing in store pre orders. They aren't right now and I can't get a clear answer if they will. That's usually where I'm able to snag high demand games because bots can't physically go into stores.
I think someone said they already cut off in store pre-orders.

>special box

>cloth poster / paper products

>soundtrack that does not even fill an entire CD

the holy trinity of shitty CEs

Got back from Gamestop a little while ago and was able to do a web instore preorder for Metroid Dread SE.

So happy, the only other 2D game that could top this for me would be a new 2D Castlevania, just like the ones back on the DS.

Got back from Gamestop a little while ago and was able to do a web instore preorder for Metroid Dread SE.

So happy, the only other 2D game that could top this for me would be a new 2D Castlevania, just like the ones back on the DS.
Not all heroes wear capes my dude. After reading your post, I went to the store and was able to order the special edition in store for home delivery. Thanks for the heads up!

When i go in yesterday morning, they ssid they can't do it

Same here. I was.told at 11am they couldn't do it
Apparently they have to look it up by a different number for home delivery and not just the normal search. I was told the same about it being sold out at a closer gamestop. YMMV on whether they know this number or whether they will do it for you...some may be hooking up friends, gatekeeping, etc....

Apparently they have to look it up by a different number for home delivery and not just the normal search. I was told the same about it being sold out at a closer gamestop. YMMV on whether they know this number or whether they will do it for you...some may be hooking up friends, gatekeeping, etc....
Those sold out at 6pm central yesterday, I was on my way to a GS in a different district 30 minutes south of the one I normally go to place an order, but the manager messaged me on the way down after work they had just sold out. She had placed an order for one 2 hours earlier.

New York here, in-store pickup is apparently regional.  I went to my Gamestop today at opening and spoke with the manager.  She said only the standard edition is available for pre-order, and that thet Special Edition isn't available yet and wasn't available yet.  She noted that this is regional as I said earlier so likely this was for all of New York as well, and that they won't have that option until they get their allotment numbers.

Those sold out at 6pm central yesterday, I was on my way to a GS in a different district 30 minutes south of the one I normally go to place an order, but the manager messaged me on the way down after work they had just sold out. She had placed an order for one 2 hours earlier.
YMMV...I ordered in store around 7pm CST.

I know the Netflix series is somewhat controversial among older Castlevania fans, but I really enjoyed it. Would be amazing to see an updated 2D Castlevania game that utilizes that style of animation for the cutscenes. Will probably never happen, but I could see that mix being pretty awesome.

I got it! Had to take a ferry from Manhattan to NJ, but I got it.

Initially, the guy said it sold out from the time I called to when I arrived. But apparently reserving it in store under a non-account remedied the problem. fwiw.

so stoked ... I bought a WiiU back when they said the system was getting it. Been waiting for a new Metroid forever. Prime is best in series. Wavebird a must. Such an amazing soundtrack, too. (Phendira drifts anyone? And that intro!). Even more stoked for the 3D version .... just hoping that isn't a new hardware release.

I know the Netflix series is somewhat controversial among older Castlevania fans, but I really enjoyed it. Would be amazing to see an updated 2D Castlevania game that utilizes that style of animation for the cutscenes. Will probably never happen, but I could see that mix being pretty awesome.
I wonder why it's conterversial? That show is amazing!

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook.  The demo was just OK.  The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item.  I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.  

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook. The demo was just OK. The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item. I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.
I did the exact opposite after replaying the scarlet nexus demo again, the tales of arise CE for $190 didn’t sit too well, I really just want the SB and figure and couldn’t justify the price regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With games I'm interested in being announced and other financial things popping up, I cancelled the Scarlet Nexus pre-order for the steelbook. The demo was just OK. The Tales of Arise CE was in the same order and Bando does not let you cancel one item. I might try to order that again, but recent JRPGs just don't grab my interest like Lost Odyssey or Eternal Sonata did on the 360.
I think the JRPG market is pretty weak. So many I've just tried and thought were meh like the Atelier series and all the XSEED and most NIS games I think are really nothing to write home about. Anything with really uninspired dungeons and environments put me off. You have the From Software which are from a Japanese developer, but I think most people just consider them "Soulsborne" games not technically JRPGs. You have Dragon Quest XI, but aside from that, honestly I think Nintendo has the best JRPGs these days. Games like Octopath Traveler, the Xenoblades, Fire Emblems, Trials of Mana, the Bravely games, etc. If you want a classic RPG experience that's your best bet. Switch/3DS have the best recent exclusives IMO.

I'm hoping Tales of Arise recaptures the Tales greatness. I loved that series since the beginning, but I felt after Vesperia it went down hill and I was begging them to go back to the drawing board and start over instead of churning new ones out every year and they finally did that at least. Whether or not the game will be good, who knows, but at least they put the effort in going in a new direction.

Not a new entry, but a "Castlevania Advance Collection" was just rated in Austrailia.

https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/castlevania-advance-collection

So we will probably get an updated collection of the 3 GBA Castlevanias here for Xmas

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me. 🤪

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me.
Part of me thinks you'll get another chance closer to release... a few stores are bound to have some open orders due to cancelations/non-billable cards.

I got too much ocd... got all the previous Metroid amiibo in boxes, but can't get the dread amiibo... so now I don't even want to keep my old ones cause it'll bug me. 🤪
These will be the only Metroid amiibo I will have. We can share collections. I'll take Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you can have Monday-Thursday 😄

Well in the unlikely event of an zero, possession will be determined by rock,paper,siccors competition best three out of five. Hows that?

Well in the unlikely event of an zero, possession will be determined by rock,paper,siccors competition best three out of five. Hows that?
The Rock Paper Scissors competition is between three people right? Bart, Millhouse and Starcrest. There could be a tie for first in a three person game, what happens then?

Lost Judgment GEO exclusive (JP) steelbook
111821ea06b3cc66bf01467db3279001.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

It was $113. Cheaper than a scalper.
I just can't see that working out well. These things are going to arrive in bad shape anyway, but after Amazon UK puts it in a flimsy mailer? I am not sure I have seen one copy of the Link's Awakening Dreamer Edition that didn't have some damage.

Atlus: "Pre-orders for Shin Megami Tensei V open at 9am PST on June 21st!"

Atlus at 9am PST on June 21st: "So uh, we're just waiting on individual retailers to uh, post their links...sowwy..."

Looks like we'll be fighting the scalpers yet again.

smt5_deluxe_us.jpg

Atlus: "Pre-orders for Shin Megami Tensei V open at 9am PST on June 21st!"

Atlus at 9am PST on June 21st: "So uh, we're just waiting on individual retailers to uh, post their links...sowwy..."

Looks like we'll be fighting the scalpers yet again.

smt5_deluxe_us.jpg
i want this just don't need bag but i want the soundtrack the most

bread's done
Back