2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my Scarlet Nexus today from NB store but it didn't come with a steelbook.... wtf.

Can't even login into the damn site it's just going through an endless refresh loop right now. What a mess.
Did you bundle them together? They give you an option to receive it later to expedite shipping, I won’t get mines until end of the month cuz I bundled them into one package bt I’ll be pissed if no SB as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you bundle them together? They give you an option to receive it later to expedite shipping, I won’t get mines until end of the month cuz I bundled them into one package bt I’ll be pissed if no SB as well

I'm not sure, my order lists both and my order confirmation did too. But NB doesn't send shipping confirmations, so it doesn't tell you what actually shipped. My invoice I got with my game just lists the game though. Came in a bubble envelope. I can't login to my account right now to see because it's doing this endless refresh loop. Does it on all browsers and devices too. Tried my PC browser and iphone. Same deal, can't login.

Maybe that's what it is. The steelbook is arriving later.

Good on Atlus for making this announcement so those of you who didn't get one know you have more chances coming... and maybe this'll also mean the scalpers will give up.
Sadly I doubt it. I reported 35 listings on EBay for selling a preorder item too early, but there were tens or hundreds of more listings, and many of those had double digit amount of items available.

I'm not sure, my order lists both and my order confirmation did too. But NB doesn't send shipping confirmations, so it doesn't tell you what actually shipped. My invoice I got with my game just lists the game though. Came in a bubble envelope. I can't login to my account right now to see because it's doing this endless refresh loop. Does it on all browsers and devices too. Tried my PC browser and iphone. Same deal, can't login.

Maybe that's what it is. The steelbook is arriving later.
Yea crossing fingers for you bud, I’ll update you Tuesday on if I received mines of not, can’t login either doing that endless loop thing so has to be their site atm …it’s still showing exclusive steelbook for anyone interested on the Namco Bandai site

Yea crossing fingers for you bud, I’ll update you Tuesday on if I received mines of not, can’t login either doing that endless loop thing so has to be their site atm …it’s still showing exclusive steelbook for anyone interested on the Namco Bandai site

Did you combine shipping hoping they'd ship both in a box?

If they are shipping separately, I wonder if they'll just throw the steelbook in a bubble envelope and if it were damaged if they'd replace it.

What was the default option. Was it to ship individually. Ordered with steelbook too & would be disappointed if they ship it later in a bubble mailer.
I did not change the default option

Did you combine shipping hoping they'd ship both in a box?

If they are shipping separately, I wonder if they'll just throw the steelbook in a bubble envelope and if it were damaged if they'd replace it.
Yea I always combine my packages, can’t stand anticipating something left off,bt I’m use to the standard bubble mailer companies use(cheapest option)

What was the default option. Was it to ship individually. Ordered with steelbook too & would be disappointed if they ship it later in a bubble mailer.
I did not change the default option
If I’m correct it is the default option, if you check the box to expedite shipping it breaks them up into individual packages

If I’m correct it is the default option, if you check the box to expedite shipping it breaks them up into individual packages

Hmmm. I know I didn't change anything. I checked out rather quickly. So I did whatever the default was for me. Maybe it's different for everyone.

The default option was to ship them separately iirc. I remember being like wtf why is shipping $24 since they were charging separate shipping for the steelbook and the game. My copy won't arrive until Tuesday and I am pretty upset since shipping was already expensive and I was hoping to play the game over the weekend. 

Just learned about the Shin Megami Tensei V premium and it's sold out everyone. What's going on? I just want the monster book and steel book.

126ee4be2a74449cc993b24e8c5e9412.jpg

Seems like lost judgement SB is GameStop exclusive and no longer a Bestbuy exclusive preorder bonus

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/games/products/lost-judgment/11144898.html?condition=New

If it's helpful to anyone re: Scarlet Nexus from the Bandai Namco Store, I preordered the game as well, chose to combine shipping, and just received a box with both the game and steelbook (inside a protective sleeve and listed on the packing list) today.

If it's helpful to anyone re: Scarlet Nexus from the Bandai Namco Store, I preordered the game as well, chose to combine shipping, and just received a box with both the game and steelbook (inside a protective sleeve and listed on the packing list) today.
Did you had to choose an option to combine shipping or was it default. I am hearing mixed things about default option

126ee4be2a74449cc993b24e8c5e9412.jpg

Seems like lost judgement SB is GameStop exclusive and no longer a Bestbuy exclusive preorder bonus

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-5/games/products/lost-judgment/11144898.html?condition=New

Eww this is terrible. Now, to get it online or in-store?

If no other retailers outside US getting the steelbook, a mint condition steelbook of Lost Judgment could get REALLY REALLY REALLY expensive. Gamestop don't have a good track of record keeping stuffs in mint condition.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Gamestop going heavy in the steelbook game lately. Best Buy owned that department. Probably realize there's no incentive to buy from them without bonuses. Wonder why it changed though. Someone back out of a deal last minute?

Gamestop going heavy in the steelbook game lately. Best Buy owned that department. Probably realize there's no incentive to buy from them without bonuses. Wonder why it changed though. Someone back out of a deal last minute?
Bestbuy backing out is a definitely a possibility, they've been culling back physical media and probably saw even with the steelbook offering, Yakuza Like a Dragon didn't move as fast.

Bestbuy backing out is a definitely a possibility, they've been culling back physical media and probably saw even with the steelbook offering, Yakuza Like a Dragon didn't move as fast.

I don’t know what BB expected when the game already came with a Steelbook at all retailers. It’s not like the game was the highest selling in series history …

Can someone confirm that BBY no longer has the Steelbook, apparently the monile website still had BBY listed instead of Gamestop.
Might have to contact BBY to confirm, since this is a MAJOR fuck up. They are gonna get a lot of preorder cancels

Can someone confirm that BBY no longer has the Steelbook, apparently the monile website still had BBY listed instead of Gamestop.
Might have to contact BBY to confirm, since this is a MAJOR fuck up. They are gonna get a lot of preorder cancels
I can’t confirm myself bt I do know ever since it was announced I haven’t seen a preorder bonus on BB website for lost judgement at all, at least on GS it’s showing up, usually BB is on top of whatever bonuses they have bt I don’t think they are gonna have anything for this one….I would say hold and before release just cancel if they don’t update with anything, Imma go with GS since it’s confirmed atleast

Gamestop got the deal, even mobile site redirect to Gamestop.

I'm still waiting on Scarlet Nexus and the steelbook to come in.  Also, my Witcher 3 vinyl soundtrack from space lab 9 finally shipped.  Several months away for the Mass Effect trilogy one.

If not already mentioned, Danganronpa Decadence CE is up for preorder at Target
Hm... decisions, decisions. I've had terrible luck with minor damaged CEs from Target but after RedCard and whatever sales tax they charge, it's $10 cheaper for me at Target vs Amazon. Funny, Amazon always just ships everything in bubble mailers but because I live 2 miles from a distro center, I rarely get anything damaged.

I saw in the JP thread that at least one person already got their D6 CE, but I still don’t have a shipping number after they sent an email Friday saying that shipping was starting.

Anyone has any experience with VIdeoGamePlus in returning/replacing damaged item. Ordered a CE & it came crushed. Sent a mail on weekend & no response so far. 
What is really bothersome is that it was packed well & shipping box was intact. So looks like it was shipped that way :(

Anyone has any experience with VIdeoGamePlus in returning/replacing damaged item. Ordered a CE & it came crushed. Sent a mail on weekend & no response so far.
What is really bothersome is that it was packed well & shipping box was intact. So looks like it was shipped that way :(
They're not great at customer service or replacements/refunds. I recently received a damaged game that was missing a good chunk of the Y Fold wrap and asked to exchange it for one that was sealed and they told me "sorry, that's how we received it from the distributor". Then they stopped responding. They definitely ship damaged items as I also received a CE from them last year that was packed fine but arrived with crushing and damage.

Holy cow I just checked prices for Samus Returns Limed Edition for 3DS .... Nearly $200. I have that, but holy crap did that skyrocket.
Even new is only going for about $116 on average, not $200. That's still a lot but still almost half of what you stated.

Holy cow I just checked prices for Samus Returns Limed Edition for 3DS .... Nearly $200. I have that, but holy crap did that skyrocket.
Crazy. I've been wanting a copy for ages and ended up finding a copy on eBay for like $30 a year or two ago, and kept going back/forth on it but ultimately bought it because I actually wanted to play the game (Metroid II on the GB was an awesome game).

On the topic is Samus Returns, VGP had the standard edition reprinted and it should start shipping this week.

https://videogamesplus.ca/products/metroid-samus-returns-3ds?_pos=1&_sid=87612b530&_ss=r
They also reprinted Federation Force... was that a game anyone actually wanted? It's funny how much Nintendo toys with Metroid fans.

I feel like the pandemic drove prices up by as much as 3x for more retro games.

My CIB Chrono Trigger was usually about $400 on eBay. Now it's north of $1,000+. Strategy guide for it, too, went up. Nearly all my SNES games have shot up in price. Not that I'll be selling them. They belong in my closet, stored away lol. (I can't bring myself to get rid of them)

I saw in the JP thread that at least one person already got their D6 CE, but I still don’t have a shipping number after they sent an email Friday saying that shipping was starting.
Mine just showed up Saturday without any kid of shipping email.

This is the best time ever to sell any retro stuff you may have, might as well get the most out of those long term investments.

I’ve pared back my ‘collection’ by 1/3 this past year, mostly because I wanted to declutter a bit. It was a mixed bag of making a bunch of money on some, while selling a few only to see the value skyrocket a month or two later. When you get all excited to declutter, I advise paring the collection very slowly so you don’t get rid of something you’ll wish you still had not even a year later, sentimentally. I do regret a few :(

bread's done
Back