2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, my guy selling his monsoon damaged goods on eBay is blaming it on the shipping service.  I think that is unlikely, but he can do whatever he wants with that.  All the pieces are wavy paper in the frame, half also have spots where the water is eating through the paper or giving it a weird puffy white mold like texture.  Not that it even matters at this point, but they aren’t $100 custom frames like he advertised either, just standard michael’s frames.  What was he even thinking with this?  I don’t get it.  He can commit fraud if he wants, just glad he’s not being a jerk about it like the last guy.  I don’t think I’ve ever bought any place that doesn’t have “buyer protection” and after this stuff probably never will.  Hope I don’t get marked as a problem buyer for dealing with BS like this, returning too many poorly packaged items, messed up Amazon warehouse goods, and open “new” GameStop games or “certified” pre-owned trash.

Plus being nice to people gets you nowhere, most people & businesses are morbidly incompetent / inadequate at everything these days and they need to hear it.

Got my PS4 Ace Attorney Turnabout Collection from Amazon JP, they shipped with DHL on 28th. Amazon JP didn't use a box to ship it, they used the cardboard mailer. The outer cardboard casing holding the 2 games is very flimsy, got a crease on the spine prob due to handling during transit.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Got my PS4 Ace Attorney Turnabout Collection from Amazon JP, they shipped with DHL on 28th. Amazon JP didn't use a box to ship it, they used the cardboard mailer. The outer cardboard casing holding the 2 games is very flimsy, got a crease on the spine prob due to handling during transit.

That's strange, I still haven't been contacted by AmiAmi to pay for my preorder of the Turnabout Collection.

Yup got the same, in a cardboard mailer but mine package wasn't destroyed thank god.

Just picked up my SS order from shop4world and package arrived in pretty ugly shape but everything inside was fine, outside of the poster. Just like everyone else, it was packed relatively well. 

Will definitely consider them again in the future. 

I sent Bandai another support ticket about the Scarlet Nexus steelbook since they didn't respond to my last one.  I got the game, but it seems not many steelbooks went out.  

Yea Nintendo truly is a POS company, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have offered that steelbook in the USA the same way. They come off as prejudice to the US when we're their bread and butter. The US market should be first in line for all extras and bonus items the same as or even in place of other markets. It's just seems smart from a business perspective.

Yea Nintendo truly is a POS company, there is absolutely no reason they couldn't have offered that steelbook in the USA the same way. They come off as prejudice to the US when we're their bread and butter. The US market should be first in line for all extras and bonus items the same as or even in place of other markets. It's just seems smart from a business perspective.
Nintendo, as well as any company, has different divisions. So you have Nintendo of America, Nintendo Japan, Nintendo of Europe, etc. Though they are all Nintendo, they don't all have the same production and compliance around the world. So though Nintendo of Europe, for example, will get a CE, that doesn't mean Nintendo of America has approval from Nintendo Japan (main), federal law, ESRB qualifications, etc. etc.

There are many reasons why a CE won't reach another country, mainly due to local laws preventing it as well as the parent company not thinking an item will sell as well in other countries to warrant selling it there.

It might seem like a smart business move, but that doesn't mean it is for a parent company.

I'm not talking about a CE, I'm talking about a free add on item, the Zelda Steelbook. There are no ratings or red tape for these free add-on items to be included with a release.

I'm not talking about a CE, I'm talking about a free add on item, the Zelda Steelbook. There are no ratings or red tape for these free add-on items to be included with a release.
There is certainly a cost and potentially not much benefit since people will buy Nintendo first party games in the United States without additional gifts. Without knowing what's going on behind the scenes, we really don't know what barriers there may be to bringing some of these extra items to the United States.

It cost money to produce that and the cost of it might not make sense to provide it for free to other regions. America isn't the only location not getting that steelbook either which means other regions had the same thoughts behind it. You still have to manufacture it, have stores hold it (which takes up retail space), have separate advertising for it, etc.

It isn't as simple as making and giving away an item. Nintendo of America might not want to deal with it or see no reason to have it when people are already going to buy it. Why spend time and money making an item to be given away for free when people were already going to buy said item?

With the rising trend of construction paper quality cardboard mailer usage by retailers, be wary of a much higher risk of damage during handling and transit, especially when importing from oversea.

It cost money to produce that and the cost of it might not make sense to provide it for free to other regions. America isn't the only location not getting that steelbook either which means other regions had the same thoughts behind it. You still have to manufacture it, have stores hold it (which takes up retail space), have separate advertising for it, etc.

It isn't as simple as making and giving away an item. Nintendo of America might not want to deal with it or see no reason to have it when people are already going to buy it. Why spend time and money making an item to be given away for free when people were already going to buy said item?
Your argument explains nothing. People in Europe are clearly going to buy the game without the incentive of that free Steelbook as well, the same as the US market, how is that an explanation. Cost of the steelbooks & "retail space" can't be a driving factor here, they're already re-selling a decade old complete game for $60, that's huge profit. Maybe that would be a great reason in itself to give all regions the free bonus steelbook, if not everyone particularly their most lucrative high spending region then.

Some clear Nintendo Fanboyism is starting to show.

Your argument explains nothing. People in Europe are clearly going to buy the game without the incentive of that free Steelbook as well, the same as the US market, how is that an explanation. Cost of the steelbooks & "retail space" can't be a driving factor here, they're already re-selling a decade old complete game for $60, that's huge profit. Maybe that would be a great reason in itself to give all regions the free bonus steelbook, if not everyone particularly their most lucrative high spending region then.

Some clear Nintendo Fanboyism is starting to show.
More like your lack of business economics is showing. Dudes explanation is valid with logic, yours is rife with feelings and conjecture. No company gives away free stuff if they don’t feel like they have to as an incentive , or it isn’t some form of good will toward the customer that they expect a return of investment on. Nintendo of America hasn’t been on that train since EVER really. Closest thing I can recall is the free NES dragon warrior with a Nintendo power subscription….and guess what, they were both trying to get a foothold on rpgs here in US AND get people to subscribe to Nintendo power.

So a “free” game to get people to play a genre that had almost no popularity on the console and also establish their fledgling magazine. They got a helluva return of investment for both on that.

More like your lack of business economics is showing. Dudes explanation is valid with logic, yours is rife with feelings and conjecture. No company gives away free stuff if they don’t feel like they have to as an incentive , or it isn’t some form of good will toward the customer that they expect a return of investment on. Nintendo of America hasn’t been on that train since EVER really. Closest thing I can recall is the free NES dragon warrior with a Nintendo power subscription….and guess what, they were both trying to get a foothold on rpgs here in US AND get people to subscribe to Nintendo power.

So a “free” game to get people to play a genre that had almost no popularity on the console and also establish their fledgling magazine. They got a helluva return of investment for both on that.
More Nintendo Fanboyism and obvious illiteracy.

Re-read what I wrote, you're way off topic so try to focus. The fact is, there is no need to "incentivize" Europe to buy the game just like there is no need to in the US, yet Europe got the steelbook and no one else did. Europe was going to buy the shit out of this title like everyone else regardless of a steelbook, poster, keychain or any other freebie, the cost of these items is pennies on the dollar in overall returns.

I highlighted it in bold for you so you can understand it.

Business literacy is "Let's keep our most lucrative region happy" which is the US, where the steelbooks should go naturally. There is no rationale behind making it only available to the European market despite your block of text with no substance.

Try again.

More Nintendo Fanboyism and obvious illiteracy.

Re-read what I wrote, you're way off topic so try to focus. The fact is, there is no need to "incentivize" Europe to buy the game just like there is no need to in the US, yet Europe got the steelbook and no one else did. Europe was going to buy the shit out of this title like everyone else regardless of a steelbook, poster, keychain or any other freebie, the cost of these items is pennies on the dollar in overall returns.

I highlighted it in bold for you so you can understand it.

Business literacy is "Let's keep our most lucrative region happy" which is the US, where the steelbooks should go naturally. There is no rationale behind making it only available to the European market despite your block of text with no substance.

Try again.
Good god I feel like I got baited by IATG…whatever dude, carry on.

Ya nice retort dude. I put it in 1 sentence for you, thought maybe you had something intelligent to add but you just got stumped and walked away?

Common sense prevails again.

God fuck ing dammit. Welp. Amazon missed out on the extra $40 I gave the dickheads at Shop4Megastore
It's just part of getting stuff like this. We never know if it's going to be rare (usually is for Nintendo) or if it'll be around for a while and end up cheaper in a couple of weeks. it all depends on how much you will spend on that guarantee.

I tried contacting shop4world about my smashed skyward sword but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone have any luck getting a response from them? It has been a week.

Still waiting on my Shop4Megastore Skyward Sword bundle

No tracking, no random packages at my doorstep
You can check the eta on their website, mines arrived yesterday in pristine condition thankfully, steelbook packaged in bubble mailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can check the eta on their website, mines arrived yesterday in pristine condition thankfully, steelbook packaged in bubble mailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last update said Dispatched on July 16th

Something new though that I just noticed since u made that comment, it now says Dispatched at the top of the page where before it said ETA July 26 - August 6th, so.... good news?

I missed out on ordering the Zelda joycon when it first released, but it looks like both Amazon and Best Buy are getting more stock.  Both sites are allowing orders with a future shipping date.  I placed an order on Best Buy.  Oddly enough, I could not choose to have it shipped to me when I ordered, so had to opt for in store pick up.  Says it should be ready for pick up on August 12.  Figured I'd share in case it helps anyone else score one that missed out like I did.

Got both of my Great Ace's in from Amazon JP (The Switch and PS4 Collections). Look pristine and came within like 2-3 days of shipping. Gotta love their insane shipping speeds even if the cost is high

My Ace Attorney Collection for the Switch from Amazon JP just delivered. I ordered it with 3 Gundam model kits (the 3 I bought are particularly hard to find in US), quite surprise they treated this shipment a hell lot better than the lone PS4 Ace Attorney copy arrived last week. Kits and the game sealed within a thick layer of plastic, cushioned by a piece of cardboard underneath. The whole thing then taped to the card board box it came with.

Still waiting on amiami for mine.

NIS is shipping the NIS Classics Volume 1: Phantom Brave / Soul Nomad Limited Edition in a few weeks. I'll probably cancel mine.

I have contacted our Logistic Team regarding the Steelbook missing from your order #########.

It seems they will still be able to send you the Steelbook but I am still waiting a confirmation from their part.

I will get back to you as soon as I got a confirmation from their part regarding the resend of the Steelbook.

Best,
Eleana
Keep bugging Bandai every few days and someone eventually gets back to me.

Technically, it's not a "resend" it's just a send as they've never sent it to you.
Same happened with the game. They made a tracking number but never sent it until I asked about it several times. Same "lost in transit" excuse. They said the steelbook would ship with the game and then didn't.

Same happened with the game. They made a tracking number but never sent it until I asked about it several times. Same "lost in transit" excuse. They said the steelbook would ship with the game and then didn't.
Hopefully this wakes them up for future steelbook exclusives. FWIW, their packaging was good, I got my Scarlet Nexus steelbook in a box, not bubble envelope. So assuming they ship yours as they did mine, you likely won't have to worry about condition. Small silver lining in the horrible way they handled this.

Yes Bamco will send the steelbook eventually. Keep bugging them, though they will not reply every time. After you get your steelbook, they will reply multiple times to earlier responses, mentioning that your steelbook was shipped & you should check your mailbox

Horrible horrible customer service!

Yes Bamco will send the steelbook eventually. Keep bugging them, though they will not reply every time. After you get your steelbook, they will reply multiple times to earlier responses, mentioning that your steelbook was shipped & you should check your mailbox

At least it looks like there will be results. I know sites that say "sorry, thanks for the money." *cough*zavvi*cough*

When does Bandai Namco usually charge for their pre-orders? Is it a month ahead of time? Or does it vary?

I pre-ordered Tales of Arise CE for both PS4 and PS5 and I need to cancel one of them before they charge.

Keep bugging Bandai every few days and someone eventually gets back to me.
Hopefully this wakes them up for future steelbook exclusives. FWIW, their packaging was good, I got my Scarlet Nexus steelbook in a box, not bubble envelope. So assuming they ship yours as they did mine, you likely won't have to worry about condition. Small silver lining in the horrible way they handled this.

Just know that you guys are not dealing with Bamco directly, Scalefast is the one operating Bamco eCommerce (and many other publishers'). Scalefast is notorious with shitty customer service.

bread's done
Back