2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
NNK2 is why I canceled mine. Pretty sure that CE went on sale for WAY less than what I paid for it.

Of course, now that I have canceled it, it'll end up being super hard to find and go for 10x the price on the aftermarket.
Considering you can only get the Tales CE at the Bandai Namco store, I doubt it'll go as cheap as the NNK2 one did.

Mary Skelter 3 LE stock level for PS4 and Switch dipped down to 50% on Iffy EU Store. Production number must be significant lower than ever; to put it in perspective Neptunia ReVerse LE still in stock there. I'll give 2 week for MS3 LE to be sold out from US Store.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

The 2 Collector's Editions for Horizon Forbidden West don't have a physical game, but come with steebooks. wtf

Guess I'm getting the special edition with just the steelbook, art book and physical game. So lame.

The 2 Collector's Editions for Horizon Forbidden West don't have a physical game, but come with steebooks. wtf

Guess I'm getting the special edition with just the steelbook, art book and physical game. So lame.
And to top it off, the Special Edition is only $10 more, which checks off all my CE/SE/LE boxes (physical game + steelbook + reasonable price).

It sucks, but I think I am going to have to buy the special edition, one of those CE, and sell that steelbook with the digital code.

With videogame statues, you either pony up the $600+ for a high-quality resin statue or just don’t buy it altogether. The quality of statues you get in CEs usually are pretty bad in terms of materials and sculpt.

With videogame statues, you either pony up the $600+ for a high-quality resin statue or just don’t buy it altogether. The quality of statues you get in CEs usually are pretty bad in terms of materials and sculpt.
I've got several nice ones from CEs. The $300+ ones from CDPR are pretty nice too. I'm waiting on Ciri and Yen to ship in December.

I imagine since Sony released a console with no disc drive that we'll probably see more digital options for CEs in the future.  It would be nice if they would offer the choice between the two.

I was REALLY close to pulling the trigger on the big Horizon CE. But $280 after taxes and they couldn't even give an option to include the disc + the statue doesn't look all that impressive from what they showed means I think I am gonna hold off on this one. Literally half the price of the console and no disc option is a road I don't ever want to see become popular

Most likely pick up the Steelbook Edition later for a reduced price or even wait for Sony to do a "Director's Cut" of this game after all the DLC is out.

Love that I'm thinking about this and don't even have a PS5 yet lol

So to be clear, the only discs are:
PS4 Disc with Launch + special edition.
PS5 Disc with Launch + special edition.

Is that correct? Because the pages Sony Direct has up for them is less than helpful...

So to be clear, the only discs are:
PS4 Disc with Launch + special edition.
PS5 Disc with Launch + special edition.

Is that correct? Because the pages Sony Direct has up for them is less than helpful...
Yep. The Two CEs are the ones without a disc. They cost too much to leave out people with the digital console, no matter how few they made.

I snagged a SE to get for sure, and the Regalla only to hold in case the statue blows me away.  Cause I'm pretty much done with statue CE's.  Every now and then a CE is on point with it's statue.

Is there a reason why the CEs wouldn't include game discs? They hoping customers double dip?
Because digital is the only way to get both versions without having 2 discs. It might get a tad more confusing with 4 CEs because of both systems and then your $250 PS4 version won't upgrade to PS5. The upgrade path is the annoying part here.

I like just buying Xbox One versions of games and they magically work upgraded on the Series consoles.

This is the only reason, right? If you're putting a fuck ing steelbook in an edition, you should include the disc/cartridge that goes in that steelbook!
nothing bt the truth, I can wait 2 years on BF to get a copy for $10 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm ok with the digital on this, for once. Assuming the Steelbook has a disc spot, you can just buy a disc when it's $10 if you really wanted to.

The $60 difference between the CE and Regalla doesn't seem worth it though.

Only unfortunate thing for people like me is that I collect both the standard retail case and the steelbook. Having the same issue with Dying Light 2 it appears. And I think GotG Deluxe edition.

Only unfortunate thing for people like me is that I collect both the standard retail case and the steelbook. Having the same issue with Dying Light 2 it appears. And I think GotG Deluxe edition.
I usually look to ebay after a bit and find empty cases for $10 or so. My game steelbooks are empty and in protectors. Movie steelbooks keep their movies and don't usually get protectors unless it's something worth a bit.

Edit: On the bigger Horizon CE, Amazon.ca shows 51.61 x 35.74 x 31.75 cm which is about 20x14x12 in inches

Does Gamestop still get these large CEs? Sorry, I don't follow this thread too closely and feel like I only remember seeing places like Best Buy, Amazon, and publisher stores mentioned for US sales. I have GS credit, that's why I'm focusing on them.

I'd expect GS to get the Horizon CEs. They seem to be good about getting everything, but they do hold stuff for "Pro" members first. If an item is limited then it may not make it past the pro member only sale period.

Does Gamestop still get these large CEs? Sorry, I don't follow this thread too closely and feel like I only remember seeing places like Best Buy, Amazon, and publisher stores mentioned for US sales. I have GS credit, that's why I'm focusing on them.
They are up on the Gamestop website right now, in store might work too.

https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=Horizon+Forbidden+West&utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=gyxtwt&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=unzHFO8KTGE-Q1pRXNGvaXQjeDYO_.aDBg

Not digging the figurines but that’s cool. I’ll be saving money by gettin special edition instead. Still love my aloy figurine. Never liked statues of enemies instead of protagonist

Also what’s up with Amazon not having the CE’s or special edition in their site,

regalla-edition.jpg (1600×900) (videogameschronicle.com)

Alloy is tiny.

I'm ok with a digital game.

• Statues will require some assembly; detailed instructions will be provided with the box!
Wait….. is it me or does Alloy look the size of a damn Lego figure? Such a disappointment as I really like the statue I got with the first game.
Yep it looks tiny. If that mammoth is 12" tall then you got a 1" figure. I guess they are trying make it scale to size. I'd rather a super sized version of her with the mammoth in a headlock.

The fact that they had to make a FAQ just to buy a CE is such a sign that they fuck ed up.

Hate myself for getting this at all...
Same here.. I'm salty at myself I kept passing on the standalone Thunderjaw statue back in the day and am only getting this because I don't want to miss out on this but also hate there's two versions and I kind of want both. Hopefully enough people push back where Sony caves and decides to throw in a disc.

Completely missed all this yesterday due to work but BB had the Regalla Edition up for a bit just now so I was able to get an order in (no email though...)

It looks like disgaea 6 switch, fallen legion ps4 and prinny 1 and 2 switch. Someone can correct me if there are more but those i don't remember seeing recently
Yeah I think those were previously OOS so they may be releasing either unopened returns or 'replacements' for damaged in shipping? Not sure if RPG maker special edition was sold out either or not...

bread's done
Back