2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many others here I'm desperate for the Metroid Dread LE.  Love the steelbook, love the art cards.  Do not want to encourage scalpers by using eBay.  I've heard advice above about GameStop, but they tend to open later in the day.  Where is my best shot of going early tomorrow to try to get one at a store?  Best Buy?  Target?  Walmart?

Like many others here I'm desperate for the Metroid Dread LE. Love the steelbook, love the art cards. Do not want to encourage scalpers by using eBay. I've heard advice above about GameStop, but they tend to open later in the day. Where is my best shot of going early tomorrow to try to get one at a store? Best Buy? Target? Walmart?
What I would do is check best buy's website at 12pm central time as that is when these typically update on their website. If you only want to do physical stores I would do:

Walmart at midnight -> Target at 7am -> Best Buy at 10am -> GameStop at open

I would check GameStop's hours as their opening time seems be vary quite a bit by store. I have one location in my area that opens at 8am so I would slot them in wherever the soonest opens. GameStop stores didn't take any pre orders for the dread LE so it might be your best bet, just tends to be the one that opens the latest.

Did your email confirmation from them have [digital] next to it?
mines has digital beside it as well and will not ship until tomorrow (the website states) kinda pissed imma get it late bt the digital statement makes me weary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microsoft has a 20th Anniversary controller and headset up for pre-order:

Controller:

MS Store --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/xbox-wireless-controller-20th-anniversary-special-edition/8r419th0z8nv

Best Buy --> https://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsoft-controller-for-xbox-series-x-xbox-series-s-and-xbox-one-latest-model-20th-anniversary-special-edition/6480157.p?skuId=6480157

Target --> https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-s-20th-anniversary-wireless-controller/-/A-84292822

Amazon --> https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless-Controller-Anniversary-Special-x/dp/B09GHQVX3N

Headset:

MS Store --> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/xbox-stereo-headset-20th-anniversary-special-edition/8p0wsddc3wqg

Best Buy --> ???

Target --> https://www.target.com/p/xbox-series-x-s-20th-anniversary-wired-gaming-headset/-/A-84292821

Amazon --> https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Stereo-Headset-Anniversary-Special-x/dp/B09GHYCW8L

61TYF+XHIzL._SL1500_.jpg

61DUTVXNvHL._SL1500_.jpg

Anyone else not had any of their 10/8 release date pre-orders ship from Gamestop?
Don't think I've ever had them take this long before to ship. Gonna be real pissed if I have to camp out online/in person to get an OLED and Dread CE
I JUST got my shipping email from them, but Fedex says they don't have possession of the package yet. Same rhing happened with my Lost Judgement shipments...and I didn't get it until the following week (like the following Wednesday).

I REALLY hope that doesn't happen as This is friggin Metroid (also I have the SMT V CE through Gamestop and this does not bode well for a release day delivery)

I JUST got my shipping email from them, but Fedex says they don't have possession of the package yet. Same rhing happened with my Lost Judgement shipments...and I didn't get it until the following week (like the following Wednesday).

I REALLY hope that doesn't happen as This is friggin Metroid (also I have the SMT V CE through Gamestop and this does not bode well for a release day delivery)
I just got a shipment email for Metroid. Surprisingly says its going to arrive tomorrow despite the previous email and the fact FedEx hasnt even obtained it yet. But its shipping from one state over in Kentucky

What I would do is check best buy's website at 12pm central time as that is when these typically update on their website. If you only want to do physical stores I would do:

Walmart at midnight -> Target at 7am -> Best Buy at 10am -> GameStop at open

I would check GameStop's hours as their opening time seems be vary quite a bit by store. I have one location in my area that opens at 8am so I would slot them in wherever the soonest opens. GameStop stores didn't take any pre orders for the dread LE so it might be your best bet, just tends to be the one that opens the latest.
You are a legend, this is exactly what I was looking for. And I have no objection to online, I have had about 6 tabs open for months that I check periodically. My local Gamestop opens at Noon but we have another 15 minutes away that opens a bit earlier, I might as well try that. I'll call in advance to see if they know what kind of stock they're getting in

Edit:

What do I do for these stores? I'll admit I'm not really an expert with this kind of thing, I've usually gotten stuff online. Do I go to the gaming section and ask someone behind the counter of say Target? Is there another place they'd put the new Collector's Editions?

Walmart shipped my metroid se that they did the auto price match for so it was like $50. I forgot about that and hopefully its actually the se
Same here! I haven't received a confirmation e-mail/haven't been charged yet though.

My order shows as 'Shipped - Arrives by Fri, Oct 8' and the tracking details say "10/7 - Shipment information sent to FedEx - 11:12 am".

FedEx service is absolutely awful in my area so I'm not expecting it to actually arrive tomorrow but as long as it shows up undamaged I'll be happy.

I have such terrible luck with best buy packaging I wouldn't be surprised if my metroids / amiibos came together in a giant trash bag with a label on it ...and the trash bag was inexplicably sat down in dog shit along the way.

One thing that crops up with Best Buy every now and again for me, it's rare but it happens I'd say with one out of every 15 packages or so is it has a "ship to home" slip on it. I'd usually only get those in the store, but every so often I get one with shipping. I think I've gotten 5 or so over the last few years. Unfortunately, one was a CE and it tore some of the box off when I peeled it off.

One thing that crops up with Best Buy every now and again for me, it's rare but it happens I'd say with one out of every 15 packages or so is it has a "ship to home" slip on it. I'd usually only get those in the store, but every so often I get one with shipping. I think I've gotten 5 or so over the last few years. Unfortunately, one was a CE and it tore some of the box off when I peeled it off.
They source stock from stores whenever they have to, even with CEs. My stores entire shipment of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for tomorrow was already used to fulfill orders.

They source stock from stores whenever they have to, even with CEs. My stores entire shipment of Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl for tomorrow was already used to fulfill orders.
Even for pre-orders?

I've had that happen with stuff that's long been in stock, but it's happened with pre-orders too. I thought pre-orders came straight from the warehouse.

The 10% off one electronics item from Target works for the controller at least. Ordered one because I wasn't going to use the coupon otherwise and that design speaks to me for some reason. If nothing else, will probably be a collectible if it's limited.

On another note, both my $50 Walmart SE Dreads shipped yesterday but won't be here until next week. As long as they're the SE then I can't complain lol.

Far Cry 6 CE is in.

[attachment=36176:8t9wkuiqq3s71.jpg][attachment=36177:244216963_1347611628968191_2917908696696579587_n.jpg][attachment=36178:243525440_1423315998070162_5093075580234570416_n.jpg]

As expected from Best Buy, 5 Metroid Special Editions sliding around 1 oversized box. Dented, creases etc. Happens every single game release. I feel like just chargeback fucking em one of these times, it's so unacceptable the amount of damage to these expensive sets and how little they care about packing them properly.

As expected from Best Buy, 5 Metroid Special Editions sliding around 1 oversized box. Dented, creases etc. Happens every single game release. I feel like just chargeback fucking em one of these times, it's so unacceptable the amount of damage to these expensive sets and how little they care about packing them properly.
I wish I could feel sorry for you for buying 5 copies, but...

Like many others here I'm desperate for the Metroid Dread LE. Love the steelbook, love the art cards. Do not want to encourage scalpers by using eBay. I've heard advice above about GameStop, but they tend to open later in the day. Where is my best shot of going early tomorrow to try to get one at a store? Best Buy? Target? Walmart?
Check back on the BBY website between 1 and 1:15AM EST as most sold out items tend to come back in stock (briefly) on the morning of their release date. If you strike out then you can always go in store to Target/BBY/Gamestop etc. later in the morning.

Got my Metroid CE from Bestbuy today. Was packed in an oversized box with bubble wrap. No damage

It looks awesome. Better than I imagined!
A large bubble mailer for me, and mine had dents and was bent to hell and back. Almost as bad as my Bravely Default SE from that fiasco back in the day.

Edit: I misread how yours was packaged. Thought you got a bubble mailer too.

Same packaging for me, but mine had dents and was bent to hell and back. Almost as bad as my Bravely Default SE from that fiasco back in the day.
I remember my Bravely Default 2 CE. First CE I ever bought for some reason. The box was so poorly designed that putting the art book is near impossible without ruining the paper around it. I also removed the opening flap the wrong way and there's a bend on it which will haunt me forever.

I remember my Bravely Default 2 CE. First CE I ever bought for some reason. The box was so poorly designed that putting the art book is near impossible without ruining the paper around it. I also removed the opening flap the wrong way and there's a bend on it which will haunt me forever.
Exact same issues on my side as well! It still infuriates me.

I wish I could feel sorry for you for buying 5 copies, but...
Because I ordered 5 and actually spent more money than others I deserve less quality than anyone else? The entire point of buying higher quantities from Best Buy is for this exact reason, playing the odds on actually getting a nice quality copy or 2 if I'm lucky since they pack so shitty (I actually got 1 out of 5 copies that was decent). I'm sure a lot of people can relate.

Because I ordered 5 and actually spent more money than others I deserve less quality than anyone else? The entire point of buying higher quantities from Best Buy is for this exact reason, playing the odds on actually getting a nice quality copy or 2 if I'm lucky since they pack so shitty (I actually got 1 out of 5 copies that was decent). I'm sure a lot of people can relate.
No, you don't deserve any sympathy you hoarded 5 copies. Maybe you'll keep 1 or 2 yourself, but I highly doubt you're returning the rest even though they're not in perfect condition.

Don't try to pull the "I'm a paying customer" card here like that. You know what you did. You paid more because you bought more, doesn't matter how much you spent and it doesn't make you any less of an ass for doing that. You're acting like you're not going to turn around and resell those to get more than what you paid back. FOH with that nonsense

Dude you're just going to flip them on ebay and kept people who really wanted them from being able to get them. If you think you're getting any sympathy here because they won't look as nice on the pictures for your auction you're kidding yourself. It's Karma.

Check back on the BBY website between 1 and 1:15AM EST as most sold out items tend to come back in stock (briefly) on the morning of their release date. If you strike out then you can always go in store to Target/BBY/Gamestop etc. later in the morning.
Thanks, I'll definitely try that. Fingers crossed.

No, you don't deserve any sympathy you hoarded 5 copies. Maybe you'll keep 1 or 2 yourself, but I highly doubt you're returning the rest even though they're not in perfect condition.

Don't try to pull the "I'm a paying customer" card here like that. You know what you did. You paid more because you bought more, doesn't matter how much you spent and it doesn't make you any less of an ass for doing that. You're acting like you're not going to turn around and resell those to get more than what you paid back. FOH with that nonsense
Based on the likes you got from your clearly butt hurt post it looks like there's a bunch of QQ anti scalper pussies in here. I actually got 15. If you suck too much at life to even land 1 you're clearly a POS lol. Sorry I'm just better than you and all the other whiners who agree with you.

Dude you're just going to flip them on ebay and kept people who really wanted them from being able to get them. If you think you're getting any sympathy here because they won't look as nice on the pictures for your auction you're kidding yourself. It's Karma.
What's karma? I'm better at getting certain items and I have more money than others who are too incompetent to land one so I should get beat up copies? Nice logic.

Those tears of envy are tasty though.

Based on the likes you got from your clearly butt hurt post it looks like there's a bunch of QQ anti scalper pussies in here. I actually got 15. If you suck too much at life to even land 1 you're clearly a POS lol. Sorry I'm just better than you and all the other whiners who agree with you.
5lAZnHR.jpg

lmao you paid for a bot and you were too much of a pussy to even say how many units you got. Think about that. Think how sad your whole situation is. Yes I want the CE and yes it's because of losers like you that it's harder, but I'll get one. You'll still be scalper. Maybe try therapy.

What's karma? I'm better at getting certain items and I have more money than others who are too incomeptenet to land one so I should get beat up copies? Nice logic.

I just don't understand why even sell it on ebay at this point. There's some now for $145 and people are just going to keep undercutting one another. What will they make from $145 after fees and shipping, $15? Too much work and not worth the potential hassle of negative feedback or returns.

What's karma? I'm better at getting certain items and I have more money than others who are too incomeptenet to land one so I should get beat up copies? Nice logic.

The karma of your scalped copies being damaged thus bringing down your minimal profits. If you had decent money you wouldn't need to resort to scalping lmao. You're not better at getting games, you just used a bot. Gotta be realistic my dude.

bread's done
Back