2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be dependent on fulfillment centers. They usually ship from centers near your home. Maybe some fulfillment centers never got their allotment.

It might be dependent on fulfillment centers. They usually ship from centers near your home. Maybe some fulfillment centers never got their allotment.
That's what I'm hearing. I'm in the Northeast US and just had my in store pick up in Pennsylvania change to shipping from Oregon.

For some reason I really like the Elden Ring steelbook, but playing Horizon and Dying Light so picking it up too seems silly cause sure as I do, it will go on sale later and still have the steelbook bonus...  :whee:

For some reason I really like the Elden Ring steelbook, but playing Horizon and Dying Light so picking it up too seems silly cause sure as I do, it will go on sale later and still have the steelbook bonus... :whee:
I thought the same thing for the Mass Effect Legendary Edition steelbook, and while the game has dropped to $20-$25 since release, I don't think the steelbook has been available for a very long time.

I thought the same thing for the Mass Effect Legendary Edition steelbook, and while the game has dropped to $20-$25 since release, I don't think the steelbook has been available for a very long time.
Well now I gotta hurry up and decide between xbox or ps5 . Xbox typically performs better on most.. but not always

Sekiro been out a good while and cheapest I believe it’s been for brand new copy is $30. Still 59.99 at Best Buy. Mass effect dropped cause ea/gamepass.

Debating on whether or not to keep my Rune Factory 5 special edition pre-order. I've never played the series. I looked up some reviews and it looks pretty generic. Almost like an action RPG version of Atelier with less impressive art design.

I'm not big on the whole harvesting/resource collecting RPG types. Any chance I would like this game and does it have a chance to be rare? I have another month to decide if I want to keep.

Debating on whether or not to keep my Rune Factory 5 special edition pre-order. I've never played the series. I looked up some reviews and it looks pretty generic. Almost like an action RPG version of Atelier with less impressive art design.

I'm not big on the whole harvesting/resource collecting RPG types. Any chance I would like this game and does it have a chance to be rare? I have another month to decide if I want to keep.
Rune factory 4 switch collectors sat for months at retail of 59.99. Seen many people/stores selling it for $50 as well…there’s currently only a handful on eBay and last one sold yesterday for $165.

It’s a rpg game that includes dungeon crawling farming dating and marriage. Think it has some same sex stuff going on too. Rune factory 4 had some dlc where everyone’s in a bikini…I’m sure this one will have something like it.

The RF series is pretty fun but if you're not into that style of game this series won't be the one to change your mind. I say cancel if you're not looking to treat the game as a potential "investment".

Money is going to be tight the next month, so I wanted to use my BB credit to pre-order some games and cancel some current orders I have on my cards.

I noticed that some games still have bonus steelbooks available to pre-order, like Ghostwire Tokyo and Stranger of Paradise. But just like when I originally pre-ordered it says "backordered will ship when available" and I ordered them originally the  minute they went live.

Anyone know what's up with all their steelbooks saying that lately? Think it's a risk to cancel those orders and pre-order again, or am I good as long as I order with it still being listed as available?

There was a brief window where one could grab the steelbook and the game was on sale (I want to say $40 or $50). Not sure how much that applies to other games although I suspect more steelbooks were printed for Mass Effect than some of the more upcoming "smaller" titles?

Weird, just got this email about the Final Fantasy Stranger of Paradise steelbook, but the game still shows a release date for March 18th:

We were just informed that the release date for the item listed below has been updated to Friday, February 25, 2022.

You don't need to take any action at this time. We'll keep you posted if anything else changes, and we'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

We appreciate your patience, and thanks again for shopping at Best Buy®.

Sincerely,

Your Customer Care Team 

This gonna be a huge mess, from what I can remember BBY updated their system last year, the game has to be scanned as fulfilled/shipped/picked up BEFORE they can give you the freebie promo.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

So I opened a chat with Target about the Horizon Forbidden West special edition (mine still says it'll arrive between 2/21 and 3/4) and I was told that it's unavailable but will possibly restock and I'll get it then. I pre-ordered this back in September and now they're acting like I'll have to wait for a restock. I'm not really sure the chat rep even understood that it was a pre-order. If this is really because Target didn't get its allotment from Sony, then what is Sony doing not shipping plenty of copies of a game they knew would be big? It's really frustrating. The only reason I'm keeping this order is because I got 40% off from that Circle coupon (and, you know, the special edition is sold out now). This is such a joke. I have one more pre-order left from that coupon and I'm sure that'll be delayed, too.

im in the same boat but everytime i preorder from target i feel like they pull this shit

i had to reconfirm my persona artbooks like 5 times and one of them still never came

its going to get cancelled. happened to me on other items. i have to keep clicking on the emails to approve delay. then eventually they just cancelled it.

So I opened a chat with Target about the Horizon Forbidden West special edition (mine still says it'll arrive between 2/21 and 3/4) and I was told that it's unavailable but will possibly restock and I'll get it then. I pre-ordered this back in September and now they're acting like I'll have to wait for a restock. I'm not really sure the chat rep even understood that it was a pre-order. If this is really because Target didn't get its allotment from Sony, then what is Sony doing not shipping plenty of copies of a game they knew would be big? It's really frustrating. The only reason I'm keeping this order is because I got 40% off from that Circle coupon (and, you know, the special edition is sold out now). This is such a joke. I have one more pre-order left from that coupon and I'm sure that'll be delayed, too.
Apparently this happened with all retailers. Best Buy and GameStop too. I’m still dealing with the issue from Best Buy myself.

Apparently this happened with all retailers. Best Buy and GameStop too. I’m still dealing with the issue from Best Buy myself.
That honestly makes me feel a little bit better, that it's not just Target that's having problems (of course I sympathize with you and hope you get your copy soon). But the fact that at least 3 major retailers are having trouble fulfilling their orders leads me to believe that this shitshow is on Sony's end. I just hope it doesn't get canceled because ~$45 for the PS4 steelbook edition is a steal.

Steel book for elden ring on bestbuy shows that they gotta ship even for pickup when I try to preorder….might be hard to get. Hasn’t said that for other games for me.

So did anyone manage to reserve/pre-order the Elden Ring Premium edition on the Bandai Namco store last year? I had reserved one PS5 edition and one Series X edition back on December 16, 2021. Per the disclaimer, they were limited to one pre-order per console. Somehow I managed to get through before they "froze" all of the pre-orders.

Did any one get their confirmation e-mail updated that the item was now processing? I received an e-mail today for the PS5 edition but not the Xbox edition. I checked my order status and the PS5 and Xbox orders were both "cancelled" on 02/21/2022 and then only the PS5 edition was confirmed as processing. It looks like they may be arbitrarily cancelling orders beyond just one copy, no matter if it is for a different system or not. Ironically, the PS5 copy is for my step son and the Xbox one was for me. Just curious if any one else has received any similar order status changes or e-mails. I didn't receive any e-mail that my order(s) were cancelled but it looks like the xbox edition might be toast. Any one receive a confirmation for the Xbox premium edition?

Exactly why I ordered a copy of the SE on the same order, because I don't trust retailers to do their job anymore. The SE items are apparently a joke, nothing worth mentioning so I wouldn't sweat it. In fact the entire release of HFW has apparently been pretty shady between them not even detailing exactly what the SE gives you digitally to the PS5 scam pricing. Just support Elden Ring on Friday instead IMO.

For some reason I really like the Elden Ring steelbook, but playing Horizon and Dying Light so picking it up too seems silly cause sure as I do, it will go on sale later and still have the steelbook bonus... :whee:
All depends on the print run of the steel TBH. It's a Souls game which might be niche enough that it's low and will be worth quite a bit. I'm more concerned that GameStop hasn't shipped my CE's yet which means they're going to miss Friday launch, which won't be acceptable. Can't tell you how many times my backup plans have 100% been saving me when it comes to this nonsense lately. Sad that I have to be on top of things because the people being paid can't bother to.

forgot about the Ghostwire steelbook.  Just burned a bunch of rewards on Ghostwire and Elden Ring for the steelbooks.  said Elden Ring is waitlisted.  That's new.    Gotta get on some serious gaming for all these recent releases stacking up

forgot about the Ghostwire steelbook. Just burned a bunch of rewards on Ghostwire and Elden Ring for the steelbooks. said Elden Ring is waitlisted. That's new. Gotta get on some serious gaming for all these recent releases stacking up
All their steelbooks seem to be waitlisted now even if you order the second it goes live.

My Horizon SE from BB finally shipped.

Steel book for elden ring on bestbuy shows that they gotta ship even for pickup when I try to preorder….might be hard to get. Hasn’t said that for other games for me.
It will come back. My store has 70 steelbooks for only 30 preorders.

I don't want to be that guy and I know it sucks that we're not getting our games on time (or might not be getting them at all if they don't reprint it) but everything is a mess right now with manufacturing and worker shortages. There are huge issues in this world right now and yes, they are affecting our ability to get our games.

Yeah, I’ve been called too into gaming, uppity about their condition, and just annoying in general; but anyone who doesn’t know the difficulties fulfillment services are facing all around, is clueless, and anyone really complaining anyway, needs to reflect a bit.  I mean, chatting about it here is fine, but don’t give customer service a hard time.  If you have commitments related to receiving the game, like giving as a present, that’s one thing, otherwise, we all have big enough back logs we can just play something else for a few days until our new game arrives.  A retailer can’t do anything about shipping containers being backed up.

Like I said before, I ordered Horizon FW SE on release day. I got it yesterday and lo and behold, my wife wants to go through the first one again as its been awhile since we beat it and she wants to refresh on the characters and story. So I restarted the original last night. I guess I do not mind as gaming together is one of our hobbies, but I was looking forward to playing the sequel with her sooner rather than later. LOL

Like I said before, I ordered Horizon FW SE on release day. I got it yesterday and lo and behold, my wife wants to go through the first one again as its been awhile since we beat it and she wants to refresh on the characters and story. So I restarted the original last night. I guess I do not mind as gaming together is one of our hobbies, but I was looking forward to playing the sequel with her sooner rather than later. LOL
Same issue here. It’s been five years… I really don’t remember much about the first game. My intention is to replay the dlc from the complete edition on my PS5 as a refresher.

I barely paid attention to the story except for the beginning. Didn’t really care for it but the gameplay was good enough to get a 9/10 from me. Ending was good enough but the last boss was meh since it’s not that unique. Item/resources capacity is probably my biggest problem with the game

I always forget pretty much every game I beat within like a month and the one good thing about media today is that there are TONs of YT people who do really good recaps (and not just for games, but for TV shows and movies too). I loved HZD but outside of the overall story, I can't remember any of the supporting cast or side-stories.

Anyone's Elden CE from Gamestop ship yet? Seeing some people on Reddit posting about theirs getting randomly cancelled. Still showing as active but had no movement yet. Gonna be a bit butthurt since I ordered it way back in November right as it went up

As someone that played H:ZD at launch, I really don't remember most of the characters that I'm supposed to know in H:FW. I remember like two people, and I'm like 25+ hours in.

Erend and Sylens. Don't remember the Sun King or the trainer lady at all, for example. I don't even remember Varl.

Anyone's Elden CE from Gamestop ship yet? Seeing some people on Reddit posting about theirs getting randomly cancelled. Still showing as active but had no movement yet. Gonna be a bit butthurt since I ordered it way back in November right as it went up
Nope, still says awaiting product which means they don't have it to ship. Luckily I planned to pick up my standard preorder with the steelbook at Best Buy regardless on Friday, so even though I'm fully expecting the CE to be a week late at this point; I'm covered. Pretty sad anyone who orders premium products these days ends up being screwed over by poor planning on their part. Shame on them for not communicating delays because come Friday, they're going to have a ton of seriously pissed off fans.

I barely paid attention to the story except for the beginning. Didn’t really care for it but the gameplay was good enough to get a 9/10 from me. Ending was good enough but the last boss was meh since it’s not that unique. Item/resources capacity is probably my biggest problem with the game
I've always been curious to see what would have happened with this game had it released post-Monster Hunter World, as the best part of HZD is essentially hunt, kill, craft. Slapping on the story also did nothing for me with Horizon but the combat was it's selling point. Come to think of it, it was a pretty forgettable game in hindsight. Probably why I'm not as gung-ho this time around to play it immediately, despite Elden Ring on Friday.

Nope, still says awaiting product which means they don't have it to ship. Luckily I planned to pick up my standard preorder with the steelbook at Best Buy regardless on Friday, so even though I'm fully expecting the CE to be a week late at this point; I'm covered. Pretty sad anyone who orders premium products these days ends up being screwed over by poor planning on their part. Shame on them for not communicating delays because come Friday, they're going to have a ton of seriously pissed off fans.
Its less so I care about getting it on release day, because I'm planning on buying the PC version as well tomorrow and playing through that first with a group of friends. Its moreso I'll just be pissed if the item gets cancelled in general, especially as I have gotten all the other Soulsborne CE's and have each of their statues on display. And I placed my order in the very first batch on like November 4th, which would mean they can't be shipping based off order number/date

Also would be the second time I got screwed this week. For whatever reason Amazon just did not ship my HZD Regalla edition despite restocking it, and I ended up having to cancel and place a last minute order from Sony's store

bread's done
Back