2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who ordered Elden Ring CE from GS, did they ship it in the original manufacture's box? Or did they ship it in their own box?

The PS4 version I ordered as a back up already arrived but they shipped it in a regular shipping box by putting it in a corner and them putting bubbles in the empty space. Of course, the corner where the CE was got completely fucked up due to weight imbalance but beyond that, this looks WAY too shelf worn for a brand new copy. Lots of minor wear/damage beyond the shipping damage. This is going straight back to GS. and I guess I'll wait and hope they actually ship my PS5 version.
Yeah, looks like GS shipped them in their own box which is stupid since it delayed orders, made the shipping size worse, and gave people fucked up conditions. Both mine from GS came with at least one ding on the outer sleeve but nothing too major. I think BB and/or Target must've shipped theirs in the nicely corner padded boxes because for once, they weren't complete idiots with shipping.

I'm struggling with the decision right now... I enjoyed the demo but that obviously it doesn't say much about the entire game overall. And while an 83 is a good score for a game, SRPGs are one of those genres where there's a few games I love (FFT, Valkryia Chronicles, Tactics Ogre Let Jeanne D'arc), one I liked (Tactics Ogre), and dozens where I just couldn't get past the first few hours (any FE game, any of the Disgaeas, any FFT after the original, any western made SRPG).

That's the $120 question...
I said fuck'em since they didn't bother with at least something in the US outside standard. Choice was made easier in knowing it will almost definitely get a port to Xbox again next year and I'll just see it on GamePass or buy it, either way. Got burned with Octopath, being forced to play it on Switch but never again. I think next time GS has one of those incredible trade-in deals, Switch is on the chopping block.

Does anyone know if the Lego Star wars Skywalker Saga Deluxe was ever officially up for pre order?  EVERY edition on EVERY platform is sold out.  I don't think I've ever seen a deluxe edition do that.

Does anyone know if the Lego Star wars Skywalker Saga Deluxe was ever officially up for pre order? EVERY edition on EVERY platform is sold out. I don't think I've ever seen a deluxe edition do that.
I mean, I'm pretty sure it was for over 3 years. I got annoyed how long my pre-order was taking, and so did BB at one point because they canceled my free steelbook for absolutely no reason which forced me to reorder it with the bonus again. Such a shit company, but I want the steel sadly. :\

Does anyone know if the Lego Star wars Skywalker Saga Deluxe was ever officially up for pre order? EVERY edition on EVERY platform is sold out. I don't think I've ever seen a deluxe edition do that.
I did mine at Best Buy about 3 days ago. It keeps going in and out of stock, you can have it notify you when it's back in stock.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Cant figure out how to have best buy notify me. I found this on the xbox version product page for answered questions. Not sure if this is going to pan out though, just wanted to share.

Q: QuestionDoes Best Buy carry extra stock in store on launch day? Trying to get the deluxe edition, but it’s obviously sold out.
Asked

1 week agoby Anonymous.

• A:Answer I called Best Buy support and they told me pre orders should be live for the Deluxe edition starting March 15th.

Answered

1 week ago
    by Dexter
I did mine at Best Buy about 3 days ago. It keeps going in and out of stock, you can have it notify you when it's back in stock.

Cant figure out how to have best buy notify me. I found this on the xbox version product page for answered questions. Not sure if this is going to pan out though, just wanted to share.

Q: QuestionDoes Best Buy carry extra stock in store on launch day? Trying to get the deluxe edition, but it’s obviously sold out.
Asked

1 week ago
by Anonymous.

• A:Answer I called Best Buy support and they told me pre orders should be live for the Deluxe edition starting March 15th.

Answered
    1 week ago by Dexter
Sometimes it's on the item page, under the availability. It should have a bell, and then it's says, notify me when available. Not every item has it though.

Apparently Amazon UK canceled my Triangle Strategy and didn't even tell me, just incredible.
I believe FNAC still has it. I decided to roll the dice and use them instead of Amazon UK so will find out soon enough how packing/shipping is with slightly bigger (i.e. not just single game/steelbook) items.

Mine shipped from Amazon UK.

If it arrives damaged like 75% of the stuff I get from them does, I'm making a stink this time and getting at least some of my money back. I've held off complaining before, but I'm not holding my tongue this time.

Best Buy Steelbook:

20220308-174529814-i-OS.jpg
20220308-174539637-i-OS.jpg

Damn, I caved and paid somebody like $35 for one of those Elden ring steel books cuz I thought they wouldn’t come back. And now they do. fuck me man lol.

Hmmm didnt realize the Triangle Strategy special edition came with a Steelbook. Wonder if I can get just the steelbook at a reasonable price…

FNAC just dropped off Triangle Strategy Tactician. Came packed similar to Pokémon Legends Aceus (i.e. Cardboard folded over and basically the size of the item so minimal movement inside the shipping box). Looks like 2 days DHL from when they sent it to me getting it and looks great condition wise. Guess I'll be using them in the future more (especially since Amazon insists on charging VAT and FNAC doesn't, thus they end up being a few bucks cheaper).

Did anyone's Triangle Strategy SE from Amazon UK now show as undeliverable when you check the tracking?
I actually cancelled mine but I was still charged and it shipped. I even got an email that it was cancelled too. No idea what happened. Not sure how easy returns are either.

I actually cancelled mine but I was still charged and it shipped. I even got an email that it was cancelled too. No idea what happened. Not sure how easy returns are either.
You'll have to pay for return shipping. Once ordered something from them and it was damaged in transit (another time wrong item) and they made me pay for return shipping and submit that for reimbursement.

If it were me, I'd try and refuse delivery so it would be returned to sender.

You'll have to pay for return shipping. Once ordered something from them and it was damaged in transit (another time wrong item) and they made me pay for return shipping and submit that for reimbursement.

If it were me, I'd try and refuse delivery so it would be returned to sender.

Nope I’m just an idiot. I ordered one back in October and that was the one shipped. The one I ordered a few weeks ago was on a second account I forgot I had which is where I preordered Three hopes. Guess I’ll just keep this one

Did anyone with "stuck" pre-orders from target or best buy for Horizon FW PS5 special editon ever get theirs or end up getting screwed? 

Did anyone with "stuck" pre-orders from target or best buy for Horizon FW PS5 special editon ever get theirs or end up getting screwed?
I haven't been as lucky as others on here have been. My Target pre-order of Horizon Forbidden West PS4 special edition from September still hasn't shipped and it's been delayed twice (currently expected by the 18th). Delay emails typically hit my inbox on Friday, so I'm fully expecting a third delay tomorrow. I'm not confident I'll ever get it. I live in Florida and stores around me have a tendency to get things long after stores in other states do (like if there's a toy/collectible I or my husband want, it can take a month after it's been seen on California store shelves to get down to Florida), so maybe it's just taking a long time for the stock to get down here. But, I'm losing the little faith I had left.

That's how fast DHL usually is for me from just about anywhere. Except China, which takes almost a week.
DHL is insane. I ordered a Unicorn Gundam model from Japan and they got it to me in 3 days, right before Christmas. They're expensive, but they justify their price if you need something fast.

I haven't been as lucky as others on here have been. My Target pre-order of Horizon Forbidden West PS4 special edition from September still hasn't shipped and it's been delayed twice (currently expected by the 18th). Delay emails typically hit my inbox on Friday, so I'm fully expecting a third delay tomorrow. I'm not confident I'll ever get it. I live in Florida and stores around me have a tendency to get things long after stores in other states do (like if there's a toy/collectible I or my husband want, it can take a month after it's been seen on California store shelves to get down to Florida), so maybe it's just taking a long time for the stock to get down here. But, I'm losing the little faith I had left.

That is aggrevating. I have a similar story, with several phones calls to best buy over weeks, hours on the phone, and I finally end up getting my PS5 special edition copy that the store pick-up never fulfilled.

That being said I have an extra PS5 copy up for grabs for you or anyone here, before I return it back to best buy within the 30 days. I was holding back returning it in case anyone needed a copy.

My horizon SE was delivered last month but dying light DE is still stuck lol. Good thing GS $15 off came through so I think I’ll just cancel the target one

bread's done
Back