2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy has been doing this thing with their steelbooks where if you do shipping the steelbook will not ship until after the game. If game is for pickup and steelbook for shipping it won’t ship until you get the game in store. The only way as far as I know to get both at the same time is if both are for pickup

weird it looks like only the game will be ready for pickup tomorrow as the steelbook still says preordered. guess I will see if they have any steelbooks in store tomorrow

edit: nevermind looks like they are getting it ready now

Still nothing on my steelbook. I really wish another company got these, my luck with BestBuy is atrocious and they're the only retailer I have issues with.

No SB for me either, game is out for delivery already. 

I wonder if they're intentionally doing this to create a gap between the game and SB so people forget/don't have time to return the game? 

No SB for me either, game is out for delivery already.

I wonder if they're intentionally doing this to create a gap between the game and SB so people forget/don't have time to return the game?
lol THIS ^ is what it seems like to me, makes no sense to waste an extra shipping container and cost of shipping not bundling game and SB in one box, my steels have been coming a full week after the game was delivered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went and picked up my copy of Stranger of Paradise and they did not have my steelbook at the store. They had no clue when they would be getting them either.

The store I chose for pickup still haven't giving any new update, gonna try hitting another store that usually put out steelbook on launch day for purchase.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Freakin hate bestbuy showing elden ring steelbook available but kept saying out of stock when u check out. How long was it even available for anyway

BAM! $10 each
7925f433fcb16715926cf55f7ddb01d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I returned by Elden Ring to BBY via mail return (can't make it to the store during the early AM hours due to work or laziness) and they gave me a full refund... is this normal? 

I returned by Elden Ring to BBY via mail return (can't make it to the store during the early AM hours due to work or laziness) and they gave me a full refund... is this normal?
NO! You probably got lucky bt the few times in tried returning a game without SB it charged me for the SB cuz of said “promotion was apart of a bundle”… so take it as a W!

Either my Best Buy doesn't have any SiP SteelBooks or doesn't have them on the shelf, so I picked up my copy of the game and hopefully the SB that was part of the order will ship soon.

My steel book for final fantasy was also delayed for store pickup. The strange thing is they had 4 steel books in stock at that location but they had no way to adjust the status of the order once it hit delayed.

They ended up having to do a return rebuy and manually adjusting the steel book to 0. Kinda wild all this complication for a simple pre order bonus.

So I see everyone else is having issues with best buy FF SiP steelbook. What an absolute clown show on their part, hopefully they get it sorted quickly

So I see everyone else is having issues with best buy FF SiP steelbook. What an absolute clown show on their part, hopefully they get it sorted quickly
Well if I had changed my copy to store pickup while I was picking up the game, I wouldn't have any issues. But later that night I changed it to store pickup at the same store and grabbed it the next day.

397341d231cc4de00388bd2b4222701f.jpg

Received game today and finally they tell me my SB is ready to be shipped, hope it’s actually sent off atp!

Also got my shipping notification today for the Final Fantasy steelbook. Fingers crossed BestBuy doesn't yeet it down a mountain in a bubble mailer!

SOPFFO Steelbook came in today in a box and perfect condition.  I pre-ordered 2 days before release.  As a bonus, my Witcher Ronin manga from Kickstarter came in today.

Now I wait for the Ghostwire steelbook to move.

Anyone need the Steelbook from HZD FW or the artbook?  Buddy bought that big ass CE and doesn't want either lol.

Toss me a PM if you are interested.

Just a heads up, that Sunbreak CE is a Download voucher only, there is no cartridge in the CE even though there is a steelbook.

[attachment=36792:ce.png]

Yep … I was minutes away from pre-ordering the Monster Hunter CE when I read it was a download code. It made me wonder where the $100 in value is …
DLC code $39.99
Amiibo - $25-30
Steelbook - $10
Pin -$10
Extra dlc content - $10

And that’s being generous with those values, because without a physical copy you immediately lose half the value when you open it. Even storing it for resale in the future makes its value questionable since it relies on the code still being redeemable.

Not a good value imo.

A momentary bump from desperate buyers, but I don’t see long term value in a dlc code. Even the Rise CE isn’t that valuable compared to other Switch CEs.
Not really about the value going up, more about getting CEs at a deal. Like shit, last gen and up until a few years back, I got many CEs I really wanted at MSRP (except for some Nintendo ones like FE Fates and BotW Master Sword Ed) and then the rest, I was able to wait/get at a discount. But over the last few years and ever since the COVID bump with game prices, jesus, I consider myself lucky to get something at MSRP.

bread's done
Back