2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really about the value going up, more about getting CEs at a deal. Like shit, last gen and up until a few years back, I got many CEs I really wanted at MSRP (except for some Nintendo ones like FE Fates and BotW Master Sword Ed) and then the rest, I was able to wait/get at a discount. But over the last few years and ever since the COVID bump with game prices, jesus, I consider myself lucky to get something at MSRP.
Between the speculative buying, bots, and inflation, things have gotten tooouuuuggghhh for the non-speculative/scalping collectors

If anyone else was insane enough to buy the Stubb's the Zombie Collectors Edition it got delayed... Again! Lol what a freaking mess
I've pre-ordered and paid for the VtM Bloodlines 2 CE. It sold out, then got delayed indefinitely and has had no news for a long time. The original studio is gone and nothing has been said about the one replacing it.

I was cheap and didn’t preorder the game bc I figured I would be able to pick up the steelbook separately later on

Guess I’ll go hunting for one now

Not interested in sIp at all so maybe just maybe I’ll only get the steelbook. It should most likely get restocked. I mean Cmon even elden ring SB would pop out once in a while. I definitely need that ghost wire SB by itself

Ghostwire has shipped and steelbook is packing. Should be Monday for the steelbook.
I love the design and locale of the game. Prior to reviews I was hesitant on a blind buy. After watching and reading some, I’ll wait for a super cheap price or a rental since it’s such a short game.

I love the design and locale of the game. Prior to reviews I was hesitant on a blind buy. After watching and reading some, I’ll wait for a super cheap price or a rental since it’s such a short game.
Where are you hearing it's such a short game? I've heard 20-40 hours. Either way pretty dang excited for this one. The world looks amazing

Final got my Final Fantasy Origins steelbook, complete with scratches. Came with all the luxury protection a bubble mailer offers. It was shipped from a suburb of Toledo so I'm pretty sure these are being shipped out from actual stores.

Time to play the return/replace roulette, I guess. Hope the Ghostwire steelbook comes in better shape, but it's also coming from a store apparently.

Is there a SKU or listing on the BB website for the SOPFFO Steelbook? Can't find it on the website.
Nope I believe they took it down! It’s not even listed under a preorder bonus any longer or incentive when purchasing the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Best Buy's points apply retroactively. I looked at my BB overview and it doesn't seem like my Elden Ring CE or Horizon CE have counted toward the money I spent in 2022. It says I only spent $39 in 2022, which is a total lie. I've spent well over $500 at this point.

The only thing I can think of is most were things I pre-ordered in 2021. So maybe they don't count for 2022 purchases? Even though I was charged in 2022.

I don't recall it working that way before though.

Does anyone know if Best Buy's points apply retroactively. I looked at my BB overview and it doesn't seem like my Elden Ring CE or Horizon CE have counted toward the money I spent in 2022. It says I only spent $39 in 2022, which is a total lie. I've spent well over $500 at this point.

The only thing I can think of is most were things I pre-ordered in 2021. So maybe they don't count for 2022 purchases? Even though I was charged in 2022.

I don't recall it working that way before though.
It should count toward this year. What do the orders say under rewards history?

It has them listed as the date I pre-ordered, which is weird. One has September, one as November.
That’s right, but what points are showing up? Is it pending or a value? If pending are there points for them if you expand? If there are no points then no dollars to count toward earning elite or whatnot.

That’s right, but what points are showing up? Is it pending or a value? If pending are there points for them if you expand? If there are no points then no dollars to count toward earning elite or whatnot.
I got my full allocation of points, but they applied retroactively apparently. But I never remember it doing that before. Whenever I am charged, that's what year the money spent on BB.com counts toward elite/elite plus status and when the points apply. That doesn't seem to be the case right now, unless it's an error or they changed it.

I got my full allocation of points, but they applied retroactively apparently. But I never remember it doing that before. Whenever I am charged, that's what year the money spent on BB.com counts toward elite/elite plus status and when the points apply. That doesn't seem to be the case right now, unless it's an error or they changed it.
They told me the status amounts are wrong right now but it's been that way for awhile. Who knows when it gets fixed or if it will.

Now it says my elden ring steelbook is delayed expected March 25-28 “it’s unlikely but if your item is unavailable by April 7 we’ll issue a refund” what are y’all’s experience with these delays so far? 90% chance of cancellation? Any way to tell them to just keep the order until it becomes available?

Now it says my elden ring steelbook is delayed expected March 25-28 “it’s unlikely but if your item is unavailable by April 7 we’ll issue a refund” what are y’all’s experience with these delays so far? 90% chance of cancellation? Any way to tell them to just keep the order until it becomes available?
I’ve only had 2 instances (that I can remember) where I received the same message. Both times I received the items (one was for Zack Snyders Justice League steel book and another was a steel book that came with a game)

Has anyone seen SOP steelbooks in store recently? I know some people said they saw them last week I think. Mine arrived, super well packed but looks like it has a factory (under the shrinkwrap). It's enough major but I'd prob swap it out if I could. 

Has anyone seen SOP steelbooks in store recently? I know some people said they saw them last week I think. Mine arrived, super well packed but looks like it has a factory (under the shrinkwrap). It's enough major but I'd prob swap it out if I could.
Yes. I stopped by my local BB and picked up one of the last 2 that were in the cage behind the counter.

looks like my best buy order is finally ready for pickup and the steelbook is ready as well. hopefuly they have plenty so i can just buy the steelbook and cancel my preorder

looks like my best buy order is finally ready for pickup and the steelbook is ready as well. hopefuly they have plenty so i can just buy the steelbook and cancel my preorder
Ghostwire is doing the reverse SoP, no stock for delivery but plenty in store. Might be more for delivery later.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Ghostwire steelbook also arrived with scratches (but to BBY's credit, they did put it in a box this time). Really wish another company got these as pre-order bonuses.

Gamestop will give you scratches 100% of the time if that's better :)
That's my batting average with BestBuy. In the past year or so, anything that's been outside of a CE has been scratched or dented - FFO, Ghostwire, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect, and Cyberpunk are the ones I remember. Cyberpunk and Back 4 Blood I tried three times each, didn't get one in good condition, and just accepted the one with the least damage. Notably, the first Cyberpunk steel I got was so badly dented it wouldn't close.

The only steelbook I remember being exclusive to Gamestop was Lost Judgment, and I didn't have any problems getting that one in good condition.

That's my batting average with BestBuy. In the past year or so, anything that's been outside of a CE has been scratched or dented - FFO, Ghostwire, Back 4 Blood, Mass Effect, and Cyberpunk are the ones I remember. Cyberpunk and Back 4 Blood I tried three times each, didn't get one in good condition, and just accepted the one with the least damage. Notably, the first Cyberpunk steel I got was so badly dented it wouldn't close.

The only steelbook I remember being exclusive to Gamestop was Lost Judgment, and I didn't have any problems getting that one in good condition.
Funny you mention issues with Cyberpunk... I ordered one as a filler for free shipping, and the copy I received looked like it was stepped on. Granted, it was shipped in a bubble mailer so I assumed that was why but maybe they're just passing around these damaged copies.

My Ghostwire SB came in today in a bubble mailer but luckily no damage.

I wonder if the best buy steels will be much more limited and rare going forward. Went to BB today to pick up Ghostwire + steel book and the store had almost no other steel books there. They used to have tons but not a single one out on display today besides this weird mini half steel book for monster hunter iceborne. Ended up picking it up cus it was only $2 but I have no real idea what the hell it actually is or is for.

Regardless didn't see any steel's for Ghostwire, final fantasy or anything. Even behind the register I didn't see any. kinda weird. was hoping to find an extra final fantasy origins steel but glad to have just gotten my Ghostwire one

Anyone think there's a lot of risk to doing these returns to BB for the games with steelbooks? 

Like I returned Elden Ring a few weeks ago and now I'll be returning Ghostwire and SOP. 

Kinda worried since I know high return rates can result in bannings at other stores (Amazon and Target are two I've heard as the most common) but not sure I've ever heard of it happening at BB. 

Anyone think there's a lot of risk to doing these returns to BB for the games with steelbooks?

Like I returned Elden Ring a few weeks ago and now I'll be returning Ghostwire and SOP.

Kinda worried since I know high return rates can result in bannings at other stores (Amazon and Target are two I've heard as the most common) but not sure I've ever heard of it happening at BB.
Yes, BB also bans on excessive returns but like all retailers, they won’t inform you what the criteria is probably because the criteria can change based on business needs.

I got the Ghostwire steelbook today after it shipped last night.  The game should have been in today but got delayed despite shipping a few days ago. 

The Among Us CE should ship next week unless that date changed.  Lego Star Wars the week after that. 

I want it on Xbox, but only got the deluxe with steelbook for Switch.

bread's done
Back