2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a good one...

Had a Lego Skywalker saga PS5 deluxe edition shipped to home. Packaged in a plastic bag. Crushed and ruined.

Had the preorder steelbook shipped separately, in a box, perfectly packaged with bubbles.... EXCEPT some employee purposely ruined it and gouged the spine with a razor blade. You just can't win buying anything from best buy anymore.

This is a good one...

Had a Lego Skywalker saga PS5 deluxe edition shipped to home. Packaged in a plastic bag. Crushed and ruined.

Had the preorder steelbook shipped separately, in a box, perfectly packaged with bubbles.... EXCEPT some employee purposely ruined it and gouged the spine with a razor blade. You just can't win buying anything from best buy anymore.
If it makes you feel better, the “exclusive” minifigure in the Deluxe edition is rumored to be a give away for upcoming May 4th weekend promos at the LEGO store, so the whole $70+ market for that minifigure and the deluxe edition is probably going to collapse if it hasn’t already … so you have an out by returning the crushed copy and waiting for a price drop … if you want to 😉

If it makes you feel better, the “exclusive” minifigure in the Deluxe edition is rumored to be a give away for upcoming May 4th weekend promos at the LEGO store, so the whole $70+ market for that minifigure and the deluxe edition is probably going to collapse if it hasn’t already … so you have an out by returning the crushed copy and waiting for a price drop … if you want to
Thank you for the heads up. Normally I don't pay more than $10 or so for any Lego console game since they always turn to shovelware and/or bargain bin fodder. This time due to my hype for the title and it's perceived 'rarity', I paid full price for it.

Contents of FEW Three Hopes LE
b8acb93d70370398f9db626c9d5beb44.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

This is a good one...

Yes purposely. Or because the way they are packaged in the distro boxes leaves the spines right under where you cut to open.

Much less dramatic that way though.

Yes purposely. Or because the way they are packaged in the distro boxes leaves the spines right under where you cut to open.

Much less dramatic that way though.

Dramatic? I've worked within retail for over 15 years. Recklessness equals intent. Workers are trained or should be trained on how to properly open boxes. The way movies/games/CDs are shipped haven't changed in decades. They know better than to gouge deep with a box cutter. You slit the tape a fraction on the ends then pull the box flaps open.

Same as distracted driving, if someone is on their phone texting and driving, rear ending someone, that is intent. That isn't an 'accident', they willingly knew what they were doing and the consequences of their actions.

Contents of FEW Three Hopes LE
b8acb93d70370398f9db626c9d5beb44.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Wow, so glad I didn’t bite on that … literally the cheapest “acrylic figures” I’ve ever seen … I had assumed they might be amiibo like plastic figures, not flat … whatever the hell those are (literally acrylic, but ugh).

Dramatic? I've worked within retail for over 15 years. Recklessness equals intent. Workers are trained or should be trained on how to properly open boxes. The way movies/games/CDs are shipped haven't changed in decades. They know better than to gouge deep with a box cutter. You slit the tape a fraction on the ends then pull the box flaps open.

Same as distracted driving, if someone is on their phone texting and driving, rear ending someone, that is intent. That isn't an 'accident', they willingly knew what they were doing and the consequences of their actions.
What you have described in both instances is literally the opposite of intent. It's carelessness and maybe even recklessness, but it is not intent.

What you have described in both instances is literally the opposite of intent. It's carelessness and maybe even recklessness, but it is not intent.
I agree. Romeo is being dramatic. An employee definitely stood there and said “I’m going to ruin this Lego steelbook for someone.”

Yup. It's carelessness. I worked retail in high school. Accidentally had my blade extended too far and slashed through clothing when unloading. Getting written up taught me to be more careful lol

As for Best Buy, I'll definitely be spending less now that they're killing off the Elite+ benefits. I used to reach that level without effort. Now I'll just stick with exclusives (and apparently use store pickup)

Yup. It's carelessness. I worked retail in high school. Accidentally had my blade extended too far and slashed through clothing when unloading. Getting written up taught me to be more careful lol

As for Best Buy, I'll definitely be spending less now that they're killing off the Elite+ benefits. I used to reach that level without effort. Now I'll just stick with exclusives (and apparently use store pickup)
didn't most people get elite + just by using the BB cc at other stores?

My experience picking up a damaged kingdom hearts 3 CE from Bestbuy is memorable just because there was *possibly intent involved and the guy that caused the damage seemed to enjoy the situation. The guys job was just carrying a small 2 pound item a few feet from the holding area to the counter. He was a big mid 20s guy, no problem. He walks back swinging his arms big, and of course let’s it go at the top of a swing and flings it through the air. Just picks it up, laughing and says woah, butterfingers. Of course it has a big dent that he can’t understand the notion of me wanting a replacement for. No apologies or anything, just a big grin the whole time. I saw how the damage occurred, that it was a movement pretty difficult to do without intent, who did it, their reaction to it and their dismissiveness of any requests for a simple replacement; all of which would be in line with how someone would act if they maybe just wanted to mess with one of the hundreds of kingdom hearts fans that were coming in that day. But even though my own experiences and neuroticism gives me reason to believe that could have been intentional, and it sure looked intentional, you still don’t know that. Ascribing intent and seemingly taking it personal when you get an item damaged in the mail? That happens all the time, could have happened at any stage of the process, and you don’t know who did it or how it happened. Could have been a machine or a simple production defect. Or if negligence, exhaustion, incompetence, that’s still not intent.

Yeah I learned a long time ago that plastic statues exist only to make (large margin) money.  You aren't receiving anything remotely close to a $200 product.  The markups are unreal because they are made like junk.  Very rarely do I see a finely crafted one.  All these little lamps and props and "statues" they sell at gamestop for $50-$200 are sooo crappy.  You really have to get something solidly made in epoxy or else designer vinyl art toys in order to get something nice.  Like, you'd be better off getting your regular old Sony Dream Machine alarm clock for $40 and then investing a nice buster sword display piece instead. Rather than a cheapo plastic electronic that's not going to function well, and stop working entirely in one year. 

This might sound a bit extra but it's not. I can't stress enough how disappointing all of these end table / coffee table / nightstand plastic display pieces are on a consistent basis. Especially the ones they put in our $250+ CEs, yuck. 

If you wanna see some cool stuff then check out "Fools Paradise" and get on their mailing list.  They put out super well-made, finely painted, heavy vinyl & PVC made statues that are truly high quality.  They display incredibly.  You have to spend ~$250-$450ish for legitimately nice statues.  Check out the vg related stuff at Entertainment Earth and Bigbadtoystore.com, and follow some related online blogs for info on new item drops. Don't buy the plastic junk these vg companies put out. You are already in the 'designer toy' pricing category anyways.

Man, Target canceled my Horizon Forbidden West: Special Edition. They strung me along for over a month, delaying it over and over. So annoying. I’d had it pre-ordered for ages.

[attachment=36855:3BC2A73D-390B-4242-B313-1566B32560A9.jpeg]

Target was known for doing that years ago as well as sending a regular copy of a game when you preordered a special/ limited edition. I thought it got better since then. Sounds like they are still overselling preorders.

Wonder whats all in it.
Highlights

• Limited Edition includes collector's box, cloth poster, acrylic diorama, enamel pin set, set of 12 trading cards, and full color artbook
  • 13 classic TMNT games
  • Experience on modern consoles
  • New quality of life features
  • Based on the 80's chidlren's cartoon and comic book series

<p>

Highlights

• Limited Edition includes collector's box, cloth poster, acrylic diorama, enamel pin set, set of 12 trading cards, and full color artbook
  • 13 classic TMNT games

Besbuy has a pic of it up.

Highlights

• 13 classic TMNT games
$110 more for those extras seems like a lot, especially with what looks like a softcover artbook.

For sure. The FOMO bug might have bit me if there was a steelbook, but this is wait for a sale 100%.
idk why these companies skimp out on Steelbooks, i feel they are the main selling points for “most” collectors, pins are cool bt I never use them for anything or stickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk why these companies skimp out on Steelbooks, i feel they are the main selling points for “most” collectors, pins are cool bt I never use them for anything or stickers

Man they could have added a nice steelbook, the artbook and soundtrack and I'd pay for it. Intsead we get junk like pins, acrylic diorama and some trading cards.

Wish it included a figure instead of the vinyl/card/blah blah stuff. The art book is nice but it looks like a paperback. I guess the pins are cool … but not $150 worth of cool.

You all are saying that TMNT CE is trash, and it is for that price BUT you fail to realize it will sell out AND tons will pop up on EBAY after release for $300+ and they will sell at that price.

So you better load up on these CEs or be in regret! The FOMO is gonna be bad on this one! You'll see! Now me? Standard for works for me, I hate FOMO and will resist the CE.Rather spend that $110 on some other item or TMNT collectible that is worth it.

Then you got Contra over @ LRG. FOMO FEVER BABY. 6 weeks to load up pallets of Contra CE's to keep sealed or flip 200% on EBAY.

Maybe your right everything but ps4 sold out at besbuy.

Switch sold out at target as well.

You all are saying that TMNT CE is trash, and it is for that price BUT you fail to realize it will sell out AND tons will pop up on EBAY after release for $300+ and they will sell at that price.

So you better load up on these CEs or be in regret! The FOMO is gonna be bad on this one! You'll see! Now me? Standard for works for me, I hate FOMO and will resist the CE.Rather spend that $110 on some other item or TMNT collectible that is worth it.

Then you got Contra over @ LRG. FOMO FEVER BABY. 6 weeks to load up pallets of Contra CE's to keep sealed or flip 200% on EBAY.
Looks like it already sold out in a few versions/places. Are there just a lot of TMNT fans still? Did they under-produce? Or did scalpers just decide this is the next thing to flip?

Profit margins. Steelbooks aren't terribly expensive, but pins, acryllics, posters, soundtrack CDs, and the like are dirt cheap.

$150 , did Konami partner up with LRG lol
No, the current LRG-Konami partner CE (Contra) is $175. And that one will take far, far longer to reach your door.

Looks like it already sold out in a few versions/places. Are there just a lot of TMNT fans still? Did they under-produce? Or did scalpers just decide this is the next thing to flip?
Think you are just seeing the hivemind at work. I have a hard time believing these are going to appreciate quickly, especially with how soft ebay sales have been on higher end video games lately.

If I'm wrong I will eat my words but I see a whole lot of these sitting on ebay listed at stupid prices but having to accept best offers after they launch.

Screenshot_20220419-102306_Twitter.jpg

Just announced my Nintendo store exclusive let's hope it's one per account
The JP version is already up for pre-order on that site for about 12,000 yen and it states that you will get the GAME at launch, but the Special Edition contents ship in the fall (Keep in mind this is only on the JP site, NA doesn't have a listing yet).

Looks like Nintendo saw how done XBC3 was and decided to swap it and another big title (Splatoon 3?), hence the CE contents being delayed.

The JP version is already up for pre-order on that site for about 12,000 yen and it states that you will get the GAME at launch, but the Special Edition contents ship in the fall (Keep in mind this is only on the JP site, NA doesn't have a listing yet).

Looks like Nintendo saw how done XBC3 was and decided to swap it and another big title (Splatoon 3?), hence the CE contents being delayed.
I was expecting Splatoon 3 to launch in July, but not now. There’s no way they’ll launch 2 titles in that month.

My kid is going to be disappointed. She’s been scouring the Internet for Splatoon 3 news.

bread's done
Back