2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it already sold out in a few versions/places. Are there just a lot of TMNT fans still? Did they under-produce? Or did scalpers just decide this is the next thing to flip?
CE pre-orders tend to sell out than more is allocated / produced depending on how quickly those pre-orders sell for. This game isn't a highly wanted game for a CE just like the Spongebob and Ni no Kuni 2 weren't though those pre-orders also sold out.

You'll see this on release day and several times before then. I wouldn't worry about this being hard to find. It's not like it's a limited edition Zelda game or anything.

Wish it included a figure instead of the vinyl/card/blah blah stuff. The art book is nice but it looks like a paperback. I guess the pins are cool … but not $150 worth of cool.
I'm a sucker for art books, but that pic makes it look like a cheap little pamphlet. Hard pass unless unboxings show a high quality book

Looks as dull as the LE for 2 but will be hot potatoes in the end. Hopefully Nintendo will pump out a ton like Dread.

Give me that $79.99 steelbook + soundtrack/art book any day of the week.  Can't believe all the crap people buy these days.  "Because Ebay sold listings", or something. 

Nintendo has been doing such a good job with their modestly priced Switch collector's editions.

attachicon.gif
Screenshot_20220419-102306_Twitter.jpg

Just announced my Nintendo store exclusive let's hope it's one per account
I'm sure this'll be super easy to get.

There's no Klonoa special edition, right? I know NA does not get a physical release (classic), but wasn't sure if there was any kind of limited/special editions. If not, could hold of and buy a EU version a little later given there's plenty coming out in June/July actually.

Man, Target canceled my Horizon Forbidden West: Special Edition. They strung me along for over a month, delaying it over and over. So annoying. I’d had it pre-ordered for ages.

3BC2A73D-390B-4242-B313-1566B32560A9.jpeg
Might not help but my local GS got in CE and Regalla Editions of the game in their shipments in the last few weeks, might be worth having your store check nearby locations since the website won't see it as they read the inventory at -1.

Anybody here interested in this statue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2BgTA2DZ7w

Maybe two?  One to display and one to keep in the box?

I don't walmart often, but was there today and they still had 1 copy of the Lego Star Wars deluxe for ps4, ps5, and xbox.  I got me an xbox copy.

I know a lot of people here have been screwed over by Target pre-orders being cancelled late in the game. Question: if your order moves to "preparing to ship" does that mean you're good to go? Or do they do that and still cancel on you?

I don't know when it became official, but I noticed Best Buy has now started to charge shipping for items under $35. Even if you're a plus member. So it has gone into effect. That combined with all the other stuff they took away, Amazon is getting 90% of my business now.

I don't know when it became official, but I noticed Best Buy has now started to charge shipping for items under $35. Even if you're a plus member. So it has gone into effect. That combined with all the other stuff they took away, Amazon is getting 90% of my business now.
Did you not read the email that there no longer any elite plus or elite tiers at Best Buy as of May 3rd? They sent that out end of March.

Yea, I noticed that last night when I was going to order something that was $15.
Did you not read the email that there no longer any elite plus or elite tiers at Best Buy as of May 3rd? They sent that out end of March.
From the email that was sent in late March:

Best Buy said:
Dear My Best Buy® member,

Thank you for being a part of My Best Buy. We would like to inform you of the updated Terms and Conditions, including changes to the dispute resolution terms, coming to the My Best Buy program on May 3, 2022 (View updated My Best Buy program Terms here).

In an effort to simplify the program, we will be consolidating the Elite Plus, Elite and My Best Buy tiers into a single tier. On May 3, 2022, My Best Buy members in the Elite and Elite Plus tier will be moved into the standard My Best Buy program*.

We are also updating how points are displayed within the program. My Best Buy members will earn 1% back in rewards on qualifying purchases (0.5 points for every $1 spent) at Best Buy® and Participating Properties.

As a My Best Buy Credit Cardmember, you will earn 5% back* in rewards on qualifying net purchases (2.5 points for every $1 spent) at Best Buy and Participating Properties made with your Card when selecting standard credit. In addition, you will have the exclusive benefit of banking* your points until you're ready to issue a My Best Buy reward certificate. If your preferences are currently set to points-banking, we'll keep the preferences saved for you if your Card account remains open.

Thank you for being a My Best Buy Cardmember. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1‑888‑BEST BUY (1‑888‑237‑8289).

-The Best Buy Team
I got this language because we have a Best Buy credit card. I am still eligible for free shipping (even when not using the CC), but I imagine that is because of the CC being part of the account.

On the updated Terms page, I see no mention of Elite or Elite Plus anymore. So I think the new distinction is "membership with CC" vs. "membership without CC."

I noticed that earlier today. I’ve had elite since it started, and I found out today by looking at my purchase history, my return periods are now only 15 days instead of 45 days. My profile just says “my Best Buy” now instead of Elite.

Hot Predictable take: all these Elite/Elite Plus features will now be a part of BestBuy's new annual subscription service. 

I thought the already confirmed that those perks were now part of Total Tech or whatever it's called.

I've been Elite Plus for years. Need to cash out my banked points. Then I'll be done with Best Buy.

Is anyone actually buying this scam? It doesn’t even have a steel book, and has cheap looking items.
Costs nothing to pre-order and see how the market goes, so why not?

On a side note, Scamazon is getting sleazier in hiding their prime trials and almost got me when I was clicking the free shipping option. They just auto-added a prime trial to the cart without my permission AFTER me specifying I did not want the trial. JFC this company needs a day of reckoning already. . .

There are people without Prime? I almost feel like it'll be something I subscribe to for the rest of my life, like paying for utilities

There are people without Prime? I almost feel like it'll be something I subscribe to for the rest of my life, like paying for utilities
Yep, been Prime free for 4+ years now and no regrets. What the company has done to the state of Washington in terms of cost of living is atrocious and the reason we left. We're fortunate to be in a position that it wasn't a decision of being homeless or not like so many others there, but we don't agree with what that cocksucker Bezos has done to the Seattle area specifically.

He once stood next to me at a register in Lucky Brand and it's a good thing he didn't try to strike up a conversation because I'd likely have decked him on the spot. True story.

Every time I buy something on Amazon I feel like I'm kicking off a Rube Goldberg machine of human suffering, but Wal-Mart isn't much better, I consistently have poor experiences with BestBuy (seriously, they can eat a bag of dicks), GameStop has issues with "new" products, Target has sporadic availability and seems to cancel CEs frequently, and there aren't any local shops in my area.

That to say - I don't like Amazon, but they are the best at actually getting me the things I order so I acquiesce.

Every time I buy something on Amazon I feel like I'm kicking off a Rube Goldberg machine of human suffering, but Wal-Mart isn't much better, I consistently have poor experiences with BestBuy (seriously, they can eat a bag of dicks), GameStop has issues with "new" products, Target has sporadic availability and seems to cancel CEs frequently, and there aren't any local shops in my area.

That to say - I don't like Amazon, but they are the best at actually getting me the things I order so I acquiesce.
Anymore if I just get the correct item I ordered AND it's not horribly damaged, I chalk it up as a win. Haven't had many wins lately either.

Not a game, but this came back in stock for pre-order today after being OOS for months. A nice collector's item.

https://www.bitmapbooks.com/products/a-guide-to-japanese-role-playing-games

Had now idea this existed. There goes $59 that I wasn't planning on spending.

I bought the first run of this book and I cannot stress how good it is. It is an excellent book for the price and I recommend any fans of JRPGs to pick this up!

^^^

Don't expect to find a PS4 or Xbox One version of this game, as I believe it was just announced that those versions have been cancelled in favor of the PS5 or Xbox Series versions.

Dude.  If that's the thing someone wants to buy there are WAY cooler DC McFarlane Batman figures for only $20 apiece and you can pick out the ones you like.  Some of them are absolutely incredible.

dc-b-featured.jpg

mcfarlane_toys_dc_multiverse_a_1610695601_4a0c158d_progressive.jpg

s-l400.jpg

batman-2.jpg

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm always ranting about.  $300 for some trash statue.  Gamers' lack of taste is appalling at times. 

Wish people would stop supporting that kind of garbage and send a message.

There's also a $90 Deluxe edition. Can't find a pic of it though. I really hope it comes with the digibook packaging, since that's the only part of the CE that remotely interests me.

I certainly can't argue about the other options for statues, but that statue was chosen because those are the four main characters of the game's story, so it has a tie-in to the game.

The price on the other hand...unless that statue is massive and impeccable quality, it's a nope from me.

15366_08.jpg

mcfarlane-toys-dc-multiverse-build-a-batmobile-art-of-the-crime-batgirl-7-figure-6-116768_1.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Mc-Farlane-Toys-DC-Multiverse-Robin-7-in-Action-Figure.jpg

In stores everywhere! You can get the whole set lineup from that game for $80-$100. (here's Robin @ Gamestop for instance). These figures are hefty, 7" = big, and well-articulated.

I found Red Hood on clearance at Target for $7 two weeks ago.

There's also a $90 Deluxe edition. Can't find a pic of it though. I really hope it comes with the digibook packaging, since that's the only part of the CE that remotely interests me.
Aye. Bring on the $90-$120 deluxe editions. With steelbook, cd soundtrack, and/or a worthy season pass.

This one ain't it tho. It's costumes and a couple Destiny shaders lol. The Shit-Enix way.

bread's done
Back