2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see Nintendo seeing how much production could be ramped up and after they have those numbers setting up the next preorder date.

Or they could just Nintendo and take remaining stock to NY store. You really can't have much faith in em...

Sony has one too, that's where a lot of promo copies get leaked from (the ones with hole-punched UPCs). Dunno about Xbox/Microsoft.
This is not correct. Sony sells regular retail copies at its employee stores at its various facilities, including the Sony lot in Culver City. The UPC punched copies are given to various staff and managers for free in certain groups and some of those end up getting traded in at various used game stores in Los Angeles and the Bay Area. Microsoft has an employee store, but at least as of a couple of years ago, they would just slap a sticker on the front of the game case at the time of purchase.

The UPC punched copies are given to various staff and managers for free in certain groups and some of those end up getting traded in at various used game stores in Los Angeles and the Bay Area.
The hole punched copies also get traded in at stores in Indiana. That's where the hole punched Binding of Isaac Vita was found. This just wasn't a one off either. I saw pictures of tons of hole punched games at this one store in Indiana. Sony's pressing plant is located in Indiana and their employees must be getting free copies.

This is not correct. Sony sells regular retail copies at its employee stores at its various facilities, including the Sony lot in Culver City. The UPC punched copies are given to various staff and managers for free in certain groups and some of those end up getting traded in at various used game stores in Los Angeles and the Bay Area. Microsoft has an employee store, but at least as of a couple of years ago, they would just slap a sticker on the front of the game case at the time of purchase.
Like ecwfan mentioned, the one in Terre Haute, Indiana is the one I'm aware of that does this. I guess that's technically Sony DADC instead of PlayStation proper, so that might be the distinction.

Like ecwfan mentioned, the one in Terre Haute, Indiana is the one I'm aware of that does this. I guess that's technically Sony DADC instead of PlayStation proper, so that might be the distinction.
They don't sell them in their employee store though even at Terre Haute. They distribute them to certain employees and executives at no cost which I think is one of the reasons LRG was making such an issue out of it (although they seemed to have no issue selling promo copies without disclosing that fact in advance to buyers). All of the Sony employee stores sell retail copies.

It didn't last longer. From what I remember the site wasn't even working for a few hours after it went up. It seems people finally started getting orders in 4 or 5 hours in.
There was an extremely, EXTREMELY brief period of time where the website worked. Aside from that, it was down for the vast majority of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's still been no word on if/when NOA will re-list the XC3 CE right? 

Also, did not realize that Atlus would charge right away for Hackers 2 CE.:whistle2:

Screenshot_20220620-080804_Twitter.jpg

Wondering if they are going to put the CE after the direct this Wednesday
I would absolutely prepare for that possibility. Wouldn’t be surprised if they give us a date for when they reopen, but XC2’s SE went up randomly after its Treehouse event that same day. This Direct is almost a pseudo-Treehouse. Just a shame because I’d like to have the advantage of my desktop when this drops but I’ll be at work on my mobile phone :/

Gamestop sent me the Monster Hunter Sunbreak CE notice. Does anyone remember how long before release date they usually charge? I remember in the past it was 7-10 days, but not sure if they have since changed.

The Modern Warfare 2 steelbook on GS now says it ships with the game.  When it went live it only said to pick it up at the store.

Just got a cancellation from GS for my AI Nirvana CE, but got a $10 coupon, not gift card. Interesting
Same, and that was my replacement order after my first one on Amazon also got cancelled. Did they drastically cut back on the print run for this or something? Seems like nowhere is actually able to fulfill orders for the thing.

Joining the AI Somnium Files Nirvana GameStop cancellation club. Also had ordered a copy on Amazon on originally when it was first announced which was cancelled.

Same, and that was my replacement order after my first one on Amazon also got cancelled. Did they drastically cut back on the print run for this or something? Seems like nowhere is actually able to fulfill orders for the thing.
Could be, especially with rising costs they could be deciding it's not worth making all the preordered copies. Could also just be difficulty in getting them manufactured and shipped in time and stores are canceling because it's easier than having to deal with open orders.

I'm hoping this will be like Shin Megami Tensei V's LE where it was hard to preorder and ones who did got canceled, but then months later it was sitting in stock and even went on sale. Or it could be Ni no Kuni Wizard's edition all over again.

I also just heard about Amazon having preorders for Nirvana on the 16th. So again, hoping copies will drift in, although this whole thing is so irritating. Hopefully not just scalpers and bots end up with shipments.

Also just had my GameStop P/O cancelled, which was my backup after my Day 1 Amazon order was cancelled. 

Honestly fucking pissed at this, and REALLY hope Spike Chunsoft commissions a second run of the CE. 

Really crowded market right now, would be a shame to lose a bunch of sales due to pissed off customers

Edit: EVEN one of the PRODUCERS of the game had 2 pre-orders cancelled on them
https://twitter.com/Energia_AF/status/1539375515349291009?s=20&t=fUnvFhE_fMX0REZNYJ9yyA

And according to one of the English VA's on the official discord, a bunch of employees at Spike Chunsoft have had their pre-orders cancelled.

Looks like the finger pointing has begun, Gamestop online is saying that the problem is "Beyond them" while Spike Chunsoft is saying that the problem is the retailers.

truly a shitshow of the highest of magnitudes for a game that is getting high praise.

Pretty shocking to see Target be the one fulfilling these... seems like they're usually the "approve delays, then cancel" retailer. 

My P/O with Target back in Feb still good....i think

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
My Target order from February shows “preparing shipment”. I had an order with Best Buy from the day it was announced but cancelled it, changed my mind again in February and was lucky Target had them still. I think the retailers are too busy with the millions of other SKU’s they sell, and I think Spike probably sent a token email about stock amounts, declared their ass covered in their own conscience, and didn’t follow up. It blows my mind how much companies suck at selling their products. If I dropped the ball like this at any of my jobs in the past and lost a customer, and act like a child and point the finger, I’d be laid off so fast.

Large corporate companies like Target, have dedicated teams for specific categories, not to mention account managers and the like. Even if by your definition of a token email, that's all they got, that's enough of a paper trail to confirm their due diligence. Follow up would have been on the retailer.

I'm not defending spike chunsoft for whatever happened here, but please don't pretend to know what you're talking about to justify your point

I assumed it'd be cancelled but Target just shipped my AI Somnium Files Nirvana PS4 CE order! :D

I pre-ordered it back in September using a '$20 Off $100 Storewide' coupon and a 'Save 10% On One Electronics Or Video Game Item' coupon so I got it for $90.83 shipped.

Here's hoping everyone that got screwed over by other retailers is able to get a copy!

Somnium Files CE for the Switch has shipped for me from Amazon

Not sure what's going on with these cancellations tho

Target has also sent my Switch AI CE that was preordered last summer.  Says Saturday delivery.  Now I just hope it arrives in decent shape since I wont be able to get a replacement.

"My copy of AI Somnium Files Nirvana PS4 CE arrived today" is what I would be saying if FedEx had delivered it to me instead of somewhere else if they even actually delivered it at all -_-

Got my copy of fire emblem three hopes from FNAC yesterday, insanely fast shipping coming from overseas and packed really well/in great condition

So it looks like we can cut back on the cyber bullying of Spike Chunsoft, they are already posting updates

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1540362419121246210

I was able to snag one PS4 CE from Amazon earlier for normal price, it doesn't have a release date just a "We will email you a delivery date soon" so let's see how well that holds.

Yeah, throughout this whole process I've gotten the feeling that Spike Chunsoft is just as confused about what's happening as we are. They've definitely been more proactive, vocal, and empathetic about the situation than other companies when their CEs get cancelled via Amazon.

Not to say that fixes the issue (clearly it doesn't since many are still without the CEs they ordered long ago), but I appreciate the way they're handling it at least.

I have a feeling this will be easily available soon, like a few others from similar situations

Kingdoms of Amalur....I am looking at you!
Seems odd that so many retailers are having stock issues with this, except Target.

I wonder if they accidently sent a bunch of extra stock to Target instead of GS, BBY and Amazon?

Sounds to me like the nsw and xbox versions will remain scarce while they make a new order of the ps4 version.

I'm still going back and forth on this one.  I own the LE of the first game and enjoyed it well enough to buy into a CE of the 2nd.  I just really don't want the aiba statue.

Sounds to me like the nsw and xbox versions will remain scarce while they make a new order of the ps4 version.

I'm still going back and forth on this one. I own the LE of the first game and enjoyed it well enough to buy into a CE of the 2nd. I just really don't want the aiba statue.
Fwiw the Aiba statue is by Goodsmile Corp which is a VERY good quality manufacturer. You will be able to sell it for prolly $40+ easily, if not more.

If this really is the only way to obtain the figure, absolutely. It's not unheard of for some $30-40 Pop Up Parade figures to sell for $90+.

bread's done
Back