2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Nintendo charge right away or only a preauthorization charge? Cause i don't see my charge for xenoblade chronicles 3 special edition on my card for a pending charge.

Sorry if anyone mentioned this already, but is anyone’s order for AI - Nirvana Initiative CE on PS4 through Amazon still waiting for it to ship? I just talked to CS and they said it’s on back order on Spike Chunsofts seller account Curbside Group. Order still says it’ll arrive today by 10p 🤨

Sorry if anyone mentioned this already, but is anyone’s order for AI - Nirvana Initiative CE on PS4 through Amazon still waiting for it to ship? I just talked to CS and they said it’s on back order on Spike Chunsofts seller account Curbside Group. Order still says it’ll arrive today by 10p 🤨
Mine is still in the "waiting" stage, ordered it back on the 24th.

[attachment=37044:ai order.png]

Amazon sent me an update about mine(that I ordered from Curbside Group) and it updated to July 5th.

Amazon sent me an update about mine(that I ordered from Curbside Group) and it updated to July 5th.
My order says that it will be sold by "Amazon LLC" so I am just in the dark if mine is going to ship or be cancelled.

Had the Switch version in my cart a couple times, but really would prefer PS4 since I have the first on PS4.

My order says that it will be sold by "Amazon LLC" so I am just in the dark if mine is going to ship or be cancelled.
Had the Switch version in my cart a couple times, but really would prefer PS4 since I have the first on PS4.
no offense bt at this rate man grab you a switch copy at least if it’s not too late…I wouldn’t risk it at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Switch version seems to pop back in stock way more often and I'm really not sure why.

The Callisto Protocol will be getting a CE exclusive to Gamestop....

buuuuut it's going to be $250. Obviously after taxes going to be close to $300.

Just got an update on my PS4 Nirvana Initiative CE from Amazon (Sold by Amazon, not Curbside) claims it will be delivered this Friday.  I was just charged for the CE as well so I am now beginning to hope...

Square announced a JP only collector's edition of Valkyrie Elysium (Square Store exclusive of course). 
No word on if the West is even getting the physical game.

CE comes with the game, VP: Lenneth download code, Elysium artbook, the full JP script, mini-OST, acrylic char cards for 19,980 yen (about $150 before importing costs since you would need a proxy shipper)

[attachment=37045:main.jpg]

There's been no word on a Resi Ever 4 Remake CE right?

Square announced a JP only collector's edition of Valkyrie Elysium (Square Store exclusive of course).
No word on if the West is even getting the physical game.

CE comes with the game, VP: Lenneth download code, Elysium artbook, the full JP script, mini-OST, acrylic char cards for 19,980 yen (about $150 before importing costs since you would need a proxy shipper)

attachicon.gif
main.jpg
I think this is the 2nd time I've seen a script included in a CE for a SE game (Nier Replicant CE had one I think?). I can't imagine why you'd want the script of a game but it's prob an easy way to make a buck. $80/$90 more for all that seems like a bit of a rip off, unless that artbook is massive. I'm not 100% sure I like the direction of the game but I do love the presentation of the series but maybe the game will be good.

I guess we also have to wait and see if we're getting a CE in the states.

If you are going to make a collector's edition, you include the physical game for collectors.
Digital console owners most likely do not fall into that category.
Thanks to Sony for making it an easy pass

Somehow as much as I love God of War... not thinking I'll go for these probably 2-300 editions....  I want a SE edition with steelbook, but looks like there isn't one.... :(

Smaller CE for me.  That extra $100 I'm guessing for a tiny record, cloth map, ring, and pin set isn't for me.  Like that Ellie edition that just added a record and backpack.

I got the Horizon CE and in my unboxing video I was so pissed cuz my dlc codes weren't even in the box. Thankfully Target just credited me and I got a physical disc copy too.
I'm already gonna sell my CE code to someone at work who has a digital only system. I hate when they do this. I want that hammer

I got the Horizon CE and in my unboxing video I was so pissed cuz my dlc codes weren't even in the box. Thankfully Target just credited me and I got a physical disc copy too.
I'm already gonna sell my CE code to someone at work who has a digital only system. I hate when they do this. I want that hammer
Yeah that's the only way to handle something like this. Sell the code for 40 bucks on release day and get yourself a physical copy to add to the CE.

Unbelievable that they keep doing this.

Sony is never releasing a collector's edition with disc.

1. They want to sell it to people with digital only PS5.

2. Allow them manufacture everything ahead of time before waiting to print the game

The DioField Chronicle CE:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/search/The%20DioField%20Chronicle

It's kind of dumb. Basically a board game and some stuff, and you can buy the collector's contents separately(for $110????).

So it's not technically even a CE really. I'm not really interested.
I couldn't even load the CE page for any of the platforms. I had to see the contents from the pop-up window after I added it my cart:

SQUEENIX said:
The DioField Chronicle Collector’s Edition Set [SQUARE ENIX Store Exclusive]:

• The Diofield Chronicle STANDARD EDITION physical game.
  • The DioField Chronicle Board Game - a competitive board game set in the world of the video game, The DioField Chronicle.
  • The DioField Chronicle Pin Set - a set of pins with four different coat of arms designs, each representing the Rowetale Alliance, Granvell Order, Blue Fox Mercenaries, and the Schoevian Empire.
The physical game will NOT be packed inside the Collector's Goods Box, but all items will ship together.

*Players who already own the PS4™ version are able to upgrade to the PS5™ version at no cost (purchase of this product not required). Players with a physical copy of the PS4™ version must insert the disc into their system when playing the PS5™ download version, and therefore must use a PS5™ model that includes a disc drive.

Including a steelbook for a digital only release is pretty funny

A board game and pin set doesn't sound like an appealing CE to me, so I'll be sticking with the base game. At least now I can probably wait and pick it up on sale.

Including a steelbook for a digital only release is pretty funny

A board game and pin set doesn't sound like an appealing CE to me, so I'll be sticking with the base game. At least now I can probably wait and pick it up on sale.
As much as I'd like to say I don't understand this, I know there are tons of people who collect steelbooks. I hate that they're going digital only but I know I'm gonna buy this CE regardless.

As much as I'd like to say I don't understand this, I know there are tons of people who collect steelbooks. I hate that they're going digital only but I know I'm gonna buy this CE regardless.
it just sucks to pay all that money just to double dip on a disc purchase wether it’s on sale or if your able to get a decent amount on resale of the digital code included…imma SB sucker though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking of getting the CE and selling the digital code to help pay for a physical copy to put in the steelbook.

That concerns me since I haven't opened my Horizon PS5 special edition yet.

In the description. It shows that the game and CE are separate. I loved the original dead space game so I put a order in.

The AI nirvanA Initiative CE is available for msrp on amazon currenly for ps4 and nsw platforms.

These are coming back frequently enough that I'm starting to expect clearance prices on these down the road.

The AI nirvanA Initiative CE is available for msrp on amazon currenly for ps4 and nsw platforms.

These are coming back frequently enough that I'm starting to expect clearance prices on these down the road.
Agreed on the Switch version, but I think this is the first time in 1-2 weeks that the PS4 version has reappeared.

bread's done
Back