2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
That EU steelbook is awesome. If anyone is monitoring that, please post links here if it goes live on the EU Amazon sites. Wonder if BB will get it as a bonus.

I know its been said countless times, but I cant believe this is where we are in 2022 - a $260 collectors edition without a physical game disc, idk - CEs just arnt what they used to be IMO.

I know its been said countless times, but I cant believe this is where we are in 2022 - a $260 collectors edition without a physical game disc, idk - CEs just arnt what they used to be IMO.
Agreed. I came just to say this and saw your post.

I’ll quit gaming before I buy a digital only item. Especially one so asinine to include the case and then have it empty. That’s literally insulting to the public.

For example, imagine going to an ice cream shop and seeing a sign showing $3 ice cream cone. You pay for it and they hand you a cone, no ice cream. Oh you want ice cream IN the cone? That’ll cost you double the price!

Anyone else notice that the Callisto Protocol CE always adds PS5 CE contents?  I got the Series X version and the Day One edition is XBX, but the CE contents say PS5 which I think includes the season pass and other DLC.  I put in another order (which is $10 cheaper now) and it did the same thing.

P3NaZ92.png

I got lucky and got an order in at best buy and am absolutely disgusted to find a game voucher. What the snarf is this crap? And a steelbook to add salt to the wound for the nonexistent game? What the actual fk..

Yes, it's basically a $320 CE.  Plus why would you buy the $260 one (with game in addition) instead of the better set at those prices?

I can't look at it any other way. 

So happy I’ve mostly stopped collecting CEs. They’re all mostly trash and are stuffed with generic novelty items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not falling for another Sony CE after the Horizon Regalla Edition. It looks awesome, but seems to have been overproduced as hell.

These days I've just been spending more on statues/figures than CE's unless its for a series I love. Plus they hold/gain value much better.

Just preordered the Bayonetta 3 CE from BB, but $95 after tax for an art book, a box, and some alternate slipcovers seems pricey. This could be a cancelation for me.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn someone (Wario?) tweeted that the Trinity Masquerade Edition would include all 3 Bayonettas, not just the third one. I guess that wouldn't make sense at $90...

Maybe I'm crazy, but I could have sworn someone (Wario?) tweeted that the Trinity Masquerade Edition would include all 3 Bayonettas, not just the third one. I guess that wouldn't make sense at $90...
It includes new covers for all three games.

Bayonetta is a franchise Nintendo now owns, right? 

Kinda salty at myself as I thought Nintendo owned No More Heroes and thought NMH3 would be NS exclusive but would definitely rather have it on more powerful hardware. Had I known a PS4/5 release was possible, I would have just passed. 

Bayonetta is a franchise Nintendo now owns, right?

Kinda salty at myself as I thought Nintendo owned No More Heroes and thought NMH3 would be NS exclusive but would definitely rather have it on more powerful hardware. Had I known a PS4/5 release was possible, I would have just passed.
No, SEGA owns everything Bayonetta. They have Nintendo the rights to publish 2 and 3, but there is nothing stating anywhere it’s exclusive.

No, SEGA owns everything Bayonetta. They have Nintendo the rights to publish 2 and 3, but there is nothing stating anywhere it’s exclusive.
Great... guessing if it does end up on another system, it might be a minute seeing as how Bayo 2 is still Wii U/NS only.

Dang, didn't find out about Bayo 3 CE being up at BB till it sold out. Oh well. Would be nice since it was up all day to come back or be easy to find after launch, but not a big deal if not.

Hopefully everyone who wanted it got it :)

I wouldn’t take that in stone. In SEGA and Nintendo see $$$ they will roll with the money. Now either way I expect it to be Switch exclusive for 1 year no matter what.
I would take that in stone. Only reason bayonetta 1 was put on other consoles like PS4 and Xbox one is because sega owns/supported the game in its entirety. Nintendo usually protect their exclusives with their lives. Why put out exclusives that they saved themselves.

Agreed. We'd have seen a Bayo 2 multiplat port by now if it wasn't a firm exclusive given that we've had Bayo 1 remasters and a Bayo 2 Switch port for quite a while already.

Dang, didn't find out about Bayo 3 CE being up at BB till it sold out. Oh well. Would be nice since it was up all day to come back or be easy to find after launch, but not a big deal if not.
Hopefully everyone who wanted it got it :)
It’s a very lackluster CE. Unless you’re hell bent on collecting CEs for the sake of collecting, you’re not missing out on anything.

That was never going to be the case with this CE.

Bayonetta back up on BBY at the moment

Update...and now it's gone. Keep refreshing. Moved it to saved items last night and it let me move it to cart a few min ago.

I read it as including the first and third game, plus the book. Just missing the second. I thought, finally, a decent deal on a CE that basically just incentivizes you to buy two games at full price on release. Throwing in an outer box, two extra covers and an artbook to drive sales, not that out there, especially since most fans have already bought the first game a few times now, and it was given free digitally with Bayonetta 2. But that’s not how these things work anymore, should of known.

Nintendo funded development for Bayonetta 2 and 3, so they'll remain exclusive.
Maybe Microsoft traded Banjo Kazooie in Smash to Nintendo for a “game to named later”?!?! You never know!

Also, what was the last Nintendo 1st party collectors edition that was actually hard to get? Fire emblem? BOTW? Xenoblade Definitive was available for quite awhile. Dread was sold out at first but restocked shortly after release. Even the Animal Crossing Switch console was reprinted to oblivion and still available today. Just wondering how much people are going to overreact because of FOMO on Bayonetta 3.

I'm so glad I saw the future press Elden Ring guide while it was still available for pre-order. The FS future press guides tend to sell for exorbitant amounts once they sell out, so it will be the first of such books I'll be able to get. 

It's $80 because the base game is $30 afaik.
More or less. Really weird choice for a statue but it is meant to be a horror game.
It's only horror in the sense that your character, at the very least, starts out as a normal person being hunted by frieza/cell/etc. But the setting itself is far from something like dead by daylight. At least from what I remember in the survey, but I also have zero interest in the game

Anyone get a shipping notification yet from Nintendo for Xenoblade? Or is no one that ordered the CE getting the game until next week if Nintendo isn't shipping until Friday?

Anyone get a shipping notification yet from Nintendo for Xenoblade? Or is no one that ordered the CE getting the game until next week if Nintendo isn't shipping until Friday?
page just says processing bt I was apart if the wave 2 group a few mins before they sold out

bread's done
Back