2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony sent me quite a few emails about the order. At the bottom of one of them was a link to a survey to ask how the delivery went. I filled it out. Praised their speed and gave them bad marks on packaging. Probably won't make a difference, but at least I tried.
Thanks for point this out- found it on the "your order has been delivered" email, def gonna leave feedback here.

EDIT* LOL This is actually a question...

[attachment=37253:Sony feedback.PNG]

Has DioField with a steelbook gone up on Amazon UK? I thought I had an order in on Amazon DE but guess not.

Also, there's been no word on a CE for RE4 Remake, right? Feel like they have one planned but kinda surprised it hasn't been announced. 

My Firefly edition from the restock is in.  The shipping box was too big, but the game wasn't in too bad a shape.  The box the game is in isn't the greatest quality and is a little uneven, but nothing crushed or torn.

All this talk about restocks and extras reminded me that I had ordered 2 GoT Collector's Editions, and forgot to return the second one.  fuck haha

My Firefly edition from the restock is in. The shipping box was too big, but the game wasn't in too bad a shape. The box the game is in isn't the greatest quality and is a little uneven, but nothing crushed or torn.
Same here. Came in an oversized box shipped from NJ. No padding/stuffing inside whatsoever. Clear security stickers on the spines, and surprisingly very mint condition. No damage at all.

Probably just the fulfilment center and the worker who did the packaging. I got my in a box and adequate packaging materials with the fastest shipping available. I am considered to be on the West.

I kinda like the set pre order dates nintendo is doing instead of the random 2am launch I'd miss out on.

I just got the splatoon console and think I like it better.

NIS America just posted a bunch of new CEs coming West.  All of these are up for P/O on the NIS America website.

I may have missed a couple so go to their website and check them out.  I've grabbed Process of Elimination and GrimGrimoire Once More myself.

[attachment=37256:FcEJBzHaQAA9ZgC.jpg]

[attachment=37257:FcEJgy9aMAUOyKN.jpg]

[attachment=37258:FcEJLVaacAAz-WK.jpg]

[attachment=37259:poe1_ps4_full_le_glamshot_white_esrb.png]

NIS America just posted a bunch of new CEs coming West. All of these are up for P/O on the NIS America website.

I may have missed a couple so go to their website and check them out. I've grabbed Process of Elimination and GrimGrimoire Once More myself.

attachicon.gif
FcEJBzHaQAA9ZgC.jpg

attachicon.gif
FcEJgy9aMAUOyKN.jpg

attachicon.gif
FcEJLVaacAAz-WK.jpg

attachicon.gif
poe1_ps4_full_le_glamshot_white_esrb.png
Sick of the recent lack of steel books. I refuse to buy any that don’t include that. Acrylic stand? Who needs that junk…..

NIS mentioned in their showcase that all of the deluxe version games will be available in select stores.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07XWg2NYc5g
Right, my concern is that the deluxe editions will still be filled with unwanted junk and marked up. I just want the games, and NISA's got a bad (albeit inconsistent) habit of making some of their games only available in bigger editions. Liar Princess and Ar Nosurge are the ones that immediately come to mind.

All these banged up Last of Us boxes make me want to vomit. Never in my life have I seen a company so lazily package something that the glue from the bubble mailer gets on the item. They should not only refund your money, but offer a good condition copy free of charge. I thought nothing could be handled in house worse than the Xenoblade 3 SE, but this takes the cake.

All these banged up Last of Us boxes make me want to vomit. Never in my life have I seen a company so lazily package something that the glue from the bubble mailer gets on the item. They should not only refund your money, but offer a good condition copy free of charge. I thought nothing could be handled in house worse than the Xenoblade 3 SE, but this takes the cake.
Hahaha, they should offer a completely free copy to compensate for emotional distress? Now that would really take the cake. My copy came fine. I know it’s crazy but when things go well, people don’t take the time to make that known.

Is said cake gluten free?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wait... did the Xenoblade 3 SE contents already get sent out? I thought only the games were sent out?

If you ordered last of us you had a banged up box coming to you.
Lol give us a freebie because some box wear.
‘Some box wear’? What the warehouse/shipping employee did was malicious and intentional. Might as well be a crime. Purposely taking an extremely limited item and shipping it recklessly is just wrong. I don’t care what the item was. The employee should be fired and required to compensate the cost to the customers and/or company.

My copy came in a large oversized box with one tiny sheet of tissue paper. It’s near perfect though I’m quite shocked it was as the game clearly had a ton of empty space to bounce around in.

‘Some box wear’? What the warehouse/shipping employee did was malicious and intentional. Might as well be a crime. Purposely taking an extremely limited item and shipping it recklessly is just wrong. I don’t care what the item was. The employee should be fired and required to compensate the cost to the customers and/or company.

My copy came in a large oversized box with one tiny sheet of tissue paper. It’s near perfect though I’m quite shocked it was as the game clearly had a ton of empty space to bounce around in.
I don't understand the tissue paper in the package. is it just floating around in the box? Is it decorative?

Don't order slipcover/digibook versions through the mail kids.   They're not going to be protected.  Besides Rightstuf.com (anime), companies won't pay the extra. 

If you do, expect the worst.  You're going to get soft corners.

This is almost universal now.  Even Amazon Japan doesn't shrink wrap movies and games to a piece of cardboard all the time anymore. 

It simply cannot be an expectation when ordering anything online. 

Don't order slipcover/digibook versions through the mail kids. They're not going to be protected. Besides Rightstuf.com (anime), companies won't pay the extra.

If you do, expect the worst. You're going to get soft corners.

This is almost universal now. Even Amazon Japan doesn't shrink wrap movies and games to a piece of cardboard all the time anymore.

It simply cannot be an expectation when ordering anything online.
I would normally agree with you though in 2022 that is impossible now. Most items are not sold in stores anymore. Especially sour the Last of Us firefly edition. You don’t have any option nor shipper choice.

A few years ago Amazon sent me a collectors statue that was individually numbered and quite heavy in a barebones box without padding. First one came damaged. Free return and replacement. Second one damaged. Free return and replacement. Third one came with the box dinged yet statue was okay. They lost probably loads of money shipping a 25lb statue numerous times back and forth. That’s their loss for being jackasses.

Assassin's Creed doesn't appear to do Gold Edition for Mirage. Steelbook will be locked into CE only (possibly a Gamestop exclusive Ultimate Edition if to follow every other Ubisoft trend)

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

I don't understand the tissue paper in the package. is it just floating around in the box? Is it decorative?
Yes, that's how mine arrived, in a box that was like... ~11x~11x~11 (almost exactly a cube) and there was 1 piece of PS logo'd tissue paper. Well, it's not exactly tissue paper, it's just like a thin decorative paper. It seems like the type of paper you'd put between two items so that they don't scratch/scuff up one-another but I have no idea why they bothered to do that.

It's almost like they were mocking people.

I can take a picture later though I’m sure there’s a bunch of photos floating around. It literally is tissue paper, the kind you stuff a gift bag with. I had one sheet just thrown in box that was about 12x10x2. It literally did nothing to prevent the game from bouncing around inside. If anything it was more insulting to put the paper inside.

AC Mirage is an Ubisoft store CE.  $150.  It's a $50 game standard edition.  There seems to be a future vote on the steelbook.

Assassin's Creed Mirage Collector's Case (ubi.com)

High-quality figurine of Basim (32cm)
Replica of Basim’s brooch
Exclusive Steelbook with design to be elected by fans
The Art of Assassin's Creed Mirage mini-artbook
A Baghdad Map
Soundtrack of the game

Assassin's Creed doesn't appear to do Gold Edition for Mirage. Steelbook will be locked into CE only (possibly a Gamestop exclusive Ultimate Edition if to follow every other Ubisoft trend)

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
I’m sure. The last round of Ubisoft was steelbook exclusive to GameStop. Unless they messed up the relationship no reason to assume it will change.

Anyone else kinda disappointed to see this game is for PS4 and X1 also?  We are almost 2 years into the next gen life…..kinda lazy and inexcusable imo

Anyone else kinda disappointed to see this game is for PS4 and X1 also? We are almost 2 years into the next gen life…..kinda lazy and inexcusable imo
I do concur actually. I could see this as another cyberpunk fiasco. I've purchased every AC game and played on launch day... ubisoft games are ALWAYS broken for at least a month post launch. I can't imagine old gen will even be playable.

Anyone else kinda disappointed to see this game is for PS4 and X1 also? We are almost 2 years into the next gen life…..kinda lazy and inexcusable imo
It was a DLC for Valhalla that got made retail, so I don't think they are going to push it much farther for this game. I'm sure Red will be current gen only.

TLoU is a great game... but it didnt need to be released for every damn PS. The $70 price tag is just a slap in the face. Sale or not, easy pass.

bread's done
Back