2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
whew!  Just as I was about to leave the house for the day. Got orders in at both Target and Best Buy.  :D/

Thank god I don't have to do Gamestop.  There is another complete idiot and sociopath leading the local store who will be gone in less than a few weeks.

whew! Just as I was about to leave the house for the day. Got orders in at both Target and Best Buy. :D/

Thank god I don't have to do Gamestop. There is another complete idiot and sociopath leading the local store who will be gone in less than a few weeks.
Doh! Target was causing issues with the cart (sold out?)...

Best Buy, please don't let me down! lol

Soul hackers ce just got delivered. Very well packaged with Styrofoam. Wish others did it this way
The shipping packaging was great, but I was pretty let down with the CE in general. The contents were loosely tossed into the CE box. And now that I beat the game, I'm disappointed the figure was for a DLC demon locked behind the digital edition :(

I'm going to wait until the steelbook for FF7 shows up in the cart. I have had both cases with Best Buy where sometimes they'll update your order with it and sometimes they don't. Valkyrie Elysium went through the same thing where they advertised you'd get a steelbook but it was a week or so before they actually added it to the listing.

It's showing sold out at the moment but I got an order in earlier when I was checking on my phone. Would have liked it at Target since their 5% RedCard is basically the cheapest option in most cases.
It was up for a few hours at all retailers. That's very rare for Fire Emblem special editions. Those usually go very quickly. Wonder if they simply made more of these than previous ones.

Might be jumping the gun, but it appears they may have actually made enough of the Fire Emblem CEs this time. Still up at a few places and in store at GameStop also.

Managed to get my order in at BB for the FE CE earlier today when I happened to check my phone. Always nice when the timing works out :)

Ugh do I keep my Amazon jp order in cause that's the cheapest it is with the currency exchange rate or go with target.
It's possible the exchange rate won't be as good by then and the art book probably won't be in english despite the preview images if that matters. Though they could always do both just to make it easier for production. I also heard it's soft cover in Japan and hard cover for NA

Managed to get my order in at BB for the FE CE earlier today when I happened to check my phone. Always nice when the timing works out :)

It's possible the exchange rate won't be as good by then and the art book probably won't be in english despite the preview images if that matters. Though they could always do both just to make it easier for production. I also heard it's soft cover in Japan and hard cover for NA
I didn't know NA got hard covet, will cancel Amazon jp

The diofield cronicle steelbook on amazon.de is back in stock.  I missed it the first time but was finally able to pre order

So I am so confused both Amazon fr and de both show in the picture a g4 steelbook for crisis core for switch and yet nothing states the US version is going to be a g4

As long as the Fed keeps on raising interest rates, it’ll probably be even better. Do you see inflation coming under control in a few months? Didn’t think so.

HFW CE is $100 at bestbuy target and Amazon. Maybe GameStop will follow suit. Will get it from target since target had a good timing with the 5% off target circle AND earn a $10 reward in target circle earnings with a purchase of $60 or more

i wouldve jumped on it if it comes with a physical disc.

Same. I have the special edition already. It seems even at half off, you're paying $100 just for the statue. I won't support any "collectors edition" without a physical disc. Years later that will be worthless when your 'license key' for the game expires.

Target might be the best option for most people with a RedCard- they have bonus 5% this week and there's a YMMV offer in my Circle, $10 GC with $90 purchase. 

Target might be the best option for most people with a RedCard- they have bonus 5% this week and there's a YMMV offer in my Circle, $10 GC with $90 purchase.
My circle offer is 10 off 100 so this Horizon CE technically wouldn’t qualify since it’s $99.99.

I would say Amazon's European and JP groups used to pack well but they've recently caught up with Amazon US in terms of poor packaging (maybe even gotten worse). I've mentioned these before but in the past 1.5 yrs: I've gotten a FF7 Intergrade steelbook from Amazon DE in a chipboard mailer, Triangle Strategy CE from Amazon UK in a paper mailer (yes, actual paper, no bubble lining or cushion), and FF Tactics Ramza Figma from Amazon JP in a poly bag mailer. I haven't ordered from Amazon FR in ages but can't imagine they're any diff than the others. Beyond the poor packaging, I feel like carriers are simply rougher with items since there's more volume and less staffing. 

i dont preorder anything from amazon anymore
if my order isnt cancelled (rare) then they put it in a poly mailer

Same. I have the special edition already. It seems even at half off, you're paying $100 just for the statue. I won't support any "collectors edition" without a physical disc. Years later that will be worthless when your 'license key' for the game expires.
That’s why you sell the code and buy a physical copy. That’s what I’m going to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that are preparing for gaming during the apocalypse, what makes you think a physical copy will remain playable indefinitely without updates?

For those that are preparing for gaming during the apocalypse, what makes you think a physical copy will remain playable indefinitely without updates?
Through console custom firmware. That's what I do for my PS3, which is pretty much an offline console now, for me at least.

HFW CE is $100 at bestbuy target and Amazon. Maybe GameStop will follow suit. Will get it from target since target had a good timing with the 5% off target circle AND earn a $10 reward in target circle earnings with a purchase of $60 or more
That's actually pretty legit, but I have no use for the damn thing. I doubt I could even flip it easily on eBay without just breaking even. Oh well.

bread's done
Back