2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Literally just got the charge from Sony for my Jotnar edition I had pre-ordered on Sony Direct, so now is prime time for any copies to pop up there if orders are cancelled due to them being unable to be charged.
So I did I last night, Fingers crossed, please Sony don't package this like dumbasses.

They should've made a SE version of Ragnarok with steelbook. Turds. My hardcore steelbook collecting days must be over, cause I cancelled my LE. All I wanted was steelbook. Don't need a plastic hammer.

Atlus is shipping the remaining content of Persona 5 Royal 1 More Edition, my Fedex account just picked up a tracking number

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

They should've made a SE version of Ragnarok with steelbook. Turds. My hardcore steelbook collecting days must be over, cause I cancelled my LE. All I wanted was steelbook. Don't need a plastic hammer.
Yep. Would've purchased something like the Forbidden West Special Edition in a heartbeat if it was an option, but instead I'm just going with the standard and waiting for price drops. It also bugs me to no end that the version with the steelbook has no disc. In order to get both a steelbook and a disc, you'd have to buy the CE and a regular edition.

Madness, I say. Madness.

I feel like video game companies are missing out on a sizable group who would pay $15 or $20 extra just for a steelbook.

I feel like video game companies are missing out on a sizable group who would pay $15 or $20 extra just for a steelbook.
Back in my day you could pay just $5 extra and get a Steelbook like with the Halo 2 and Doom 3 LEs which were $54.99 while the standard editions were $49.99. Halo 2 even had a bonus disc. I miss those days.

Back in my day you could pay just $5 extra and get a Steelbook like with the Halo 2 and Doom 3 LEs which were $54.99 while the standard editions were $49.99. Halo 2 even had a bonus disc. I miss those days.
Remember smoking on planes and all the stewardesses were hot? Those were the days.

Halo 2 came out in 2004; $55 in 2004 is $86 in 2022 after inflation... granted inflation is crazy right now, if we did 2020 instead it's only $75. But still, these "things only cost less x years ago" arguments aren't that simple. Also, go look up Halo 2 or Doom 3 steelbooks on eBay... pretty much all of them are corroded to all hell so I'm not sure they were the best quality steelbooks.

Realistically though, the fact that this is Sony's second major special edition without actual discs in the the CEs (first being Forbidden West) and even something like MW2 coming with a disc that basically requires a download should be the real concern. We're just moving towards a future were we'll own nothing and basically pay $70+ to borrow digital games.

Halo 2 came out in 2004; $55 in 2004 is $86 in 2022 after inflation... granted inflation is crazy right now, if we did 2020 instead it's only $75. But still, these "things only cost less x years ago" arguments aren't that simple. Also, go look up Halo 2 or Doom 3 steelbooks on eBay... pretty much all of them are corroded to all hell so I'm not sure they were the best quality steelbooks. 

Realistically though, the fact that this is Sony's second major special edition without actual discs in the the CEs (first being Forbidden West) and even something like MW2 coming with a disc that basically requires a download should be the real concern. We're just moving towards a future were we'll own nothing and basically pay $70+ to borrow digital games. 
Meh. The point is it was only $5 more than the regular version back then. If you paid $49.99 in 2004 money then you only had to add an extra $5 bill in 2004 money if you wanted an upgrade which was nice. I still have both my Halo 2 and Doom 3 Steelbooks and they aren't corroded. Those people probably didn't take care of them or stored them badly. I've seen more recently released Steelbooks that were corroded at used game stores like GS yet none of mine look like that.

Yeah, it isn't that simple. People need to stop crying poor on behalf of companies that continue to rake in cash like crazy. Like you said, they're not even giving you a disc. This majorly harms the used market, meaning a higher percentage of sales is new (meaning money straight to the publisher) and those people cannot trade in games to recoup some of their money to flip to another sale. They're locking people into games they previously might rent (since rentals are also dead) or swap with their friends.

The market is also MUUUUUUUUUCH bigger than before. These companies MIGHT be making less per-sale, but they're also selling to many more potential customers. It's not just about margin--the people buying games massively outnumber what was going on 15-20 years ago. Many games also have added paid DLC and/or microtransactions, so they have more than just that $60 sale as a long-term source of revenue. Like, Pokemon Sword & Shield was $60, whereas all of its predecessors were $40, despite having cut half the Pokedex. They caught it back up (mostly) by having 2 DLCs, and the story content of them brought the total cost of the game to $90.

Gaming has been booming. Microsoft is spending $70 billion on Activision-Blizzard. Game companies are doing the exact opposite of hurting for money. We don't need to defend them like they're broke.

So I preordered tactics ogres from amazon UK on PS5 for the steelbook. I’m kind of regretting not getting it on Switch now but sold out on UK and Germany site. Any places have them still with the steelbook?

Furthermore, is the US getting any kind of pre order bonus?

Like I said in a previous post, the CE was available for a good 24 hours on their website across all three consoles. It was insanely easy to preorder, not sure how anyone had difficulty with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was going for In-Store,not online. What matters most to me was that I secured after fiasco with 3s roughly 2 years ago

Atomic Heart LE maybe publisher Focus Entertainment exclusive. Retail $99
a9c2bd8f89b8e5b36567fece8e24e524.jpg

So I preordered tactics ogres from amazon UK on PS5 for the steelbook. I’m kind of regretting not getting it on Switch now but sold out on UK and Germany site. Any places have them still with the steelbook?

Furthermore, is the US getting any kind of pre order bonus?
Have you seen any comparisons between the two that made you want to change? I've been looking online to decide what to get and haven't seen anything.

Looks like Fedex delivering GOW Ragnarok CE from Target early today. I wonder if downloadable code in a box still subjected to street date lock.

Looks like Fedex delivering GOW Ragnarok CE from Target early today. I wonder if downloadable code in a box still subjected to street date lock.

Mine says expected Nov 7 end of day. I hope it actually arrives that day

It’s shipping from the state I’m in by the way which is surprising so guess that’s why it’s shipping earlier than usual. Classic target would usually deliver a week or more after release

Dang, mine hasn't even shipped yet...

EDIT* My standard edition game from Target, not CE. Shipped a few days ago but estimated delivery isn't until the 12th.

Have you seen any comparisons between the two that made you want to change? I've been looking online to decide what to get and haven't seen anything.
No, I just assumed that the Switch would be able to handle the game just fine. If performance is the same, I default to Switch so I can play it on the go too.

Thanks for this but when I try to put in my address I get this error when I use United States as country

The modified address is not eligible for the current basket.

Guess it won’t ship to US anymore?
They cut-off US shipping a while back. I don't know how it works but given how it's similar to European Amazon stores sometimes shipping to the US and then sometimes saying they can't, I'm assuming there's some kind of limit on the number of copies they can export. Once that amount of orders are hit, they just cut-off orders.

My GoW Ragnarok Jotnar edition still hasn’t shipped from PlayStation Direct unsurprisingly. I bet they just overnight it. God I hope it comes undamaged. At least packaged carefully and not just a shipping label on the box.

Thanks for this but when I try to put in my address I get this error when I use United States as country
The modified address is not eligible for the current basket.
Guess it won’t ship to US anymore?
Yes they cut off one of the pokemon steelbooks and looks like the steelbook is sold out.

My GOW CE has been stuck in transit for 2 days now and I’m getting a bit worried. Hope fedex doesn’t pull something weird off

Anybody get hands on the Ragnarok dualsense yet?  Might cancel mine and save that money for the Edge controller.  Just can't get into it.  Seems meh.  Sony just isn't on it with cool controller designs like xbox.

Anybody get hands on the Ragnarok dualsense yet? Might cancel mine and save that money for the Edge controller. Just can't get into it. Seems meh. Sony just isn't on it with cool controller designs like xbox.
I liked the blue they used on the uncharted 4 controller, but yes, most of their designs outside on plain colors are duds.

The BB Sonic steelbook game in today. I got it for $10 without the game. It's every bit as generic as it looked on the product page. The gamestop one shows preparing to ship with no info on the game shipping yet.

Anybody get hands on the Ragnarok dualsense yet? Might cancel mine and save that money for the Edge controller. Just can't get into it. Seems meh. Sony just isn't on it with cool controller designs like xbox.
Mine hasn't shipped yet, release is in two days so curious if they're actually going to get it here by then... also nothing from Sony on my Ragnarok CE, or Atlus on my P5 Royal CE contents.:whistle2:/

Aaaaand from delivery by 11/7 to “ Your package is still on the way, but a delivery date is unavailable right now”

Good job classic fedex/usps/target. Why did I get my hopes up for once lol. In transit for 3 days in a row when it’s just 18 miles away from me

PlayStation Direct has finally shipped my GoW Ragnarok Jotnar Edition. It’s being overnighted and still awaiting carrier pickup atm but it is coming UPS which has the best track record of delivering to me so that is a positive.

Gamestop shipped my Sonic + steelbook yesterday, but hasn't updated, so not getting it today. Hopefully tomorrow. Got my BB Sonic steelbook though. Shipped in a box.

If anyone is looking for a Jhotnar Edition that missed out, let me know. Selling mine off for retail price + whatever shipping is to you. It’ll be here tomorrow. Need funds for something that came up sadly as I wanted to keep it but it is what it is.

Anyone’s Jotnar from GameStop ship? It showed preparing to ship, got a label created from FedEx delivery but now it shows the label was cancelled and now shows waiting product availability

Anyone’s Jotnar from GameStop ship? It showed preparing to ship, got a label created from FedEx delivery but now it shows the label was cancelled and now shows waiting product availability
For me, fedex/usps/target screwed me over. Fedex stopped midway and sent shipment info to usps and been stuck at usps awaiting for 4 days now. I don’t get the switch of carriers. Insane

For me, fedex/usps/target screwed me over. Fedex stopped midway and sent shipment info to usps and been stuck at usps awaiting for 4 days now. I don’t get the switch of carriers. Insane
FedEx smart post. It’s cheap. That’s why companies use it.
FedEx drops it off at a close usps facility to you and they do final delivery.

My Jotnar from Sony Direct shipped and like everyone else, says delivery tomorrow but hasn't been picked up yet. 

My standard edition did come from Target today but... no time to play the game.:whistle2:

bread's done
Back