2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
GoW CE shipped via FedEx. Says tomorrow. I also ordered a launch edition since the CE was only digital. I'm not getting that tomorrow. Apparently, Amazon is having delay issues with some customers, but not all. Not sure what that's about.

My Jotnar from Sony Direct shipped and like everyone else, says delivery tomorrow but hasn't been picked up yet.

My standard edition did come from Target today but... no time to play the game.:whistle2:(
Yep. Mine is shipped but still not even picked up yet. Annoying as all Hell.

Plus even if it gets delivered tomorrow I actually work night shift tomorrow so I have to hope they deliver it and my roommates grab it. Honestly with the lack of workers and how busy it will be I’m expecting a 12 hour minimum shift. Probably a 14 or 16 is likely. All to get one day off to play :(

Thank you! I love you! No homo.. I couldn’t sleep checking if it’ll get restocked at whatever retailer also checking on my packages shipping status. My CE is getting delivered by end of day today idk if I’ll keep it at this point

Just saw amazon also has it restocked. Good on Sony to combat scalpers!
I mean I dunno if this helps combat scalpers... plenty of copies have already sold on eBay and other marketplaces for well over MSRP. Would be nice if retailers could simply find a way to prevent people from buying more than 1 copy.

Got GoW CE and Sonic Frontiers with steelbook today. GoW CE box is pretty damn big, can't imagine how big Jotnar is. Man, these boxes are getting too big to store.

Got GoW CE and Sonic Frontiers with steelbook today. GoW CE box is pretty damn big, can't imagine how big Jotnar is. Man, these boxes are getting too big to store.
The BB Sonic steelbook came in on Monday, but the Gamestop on has not shipped and the game shipped today. I'm guessing they are going to screw over online customers like they did with MW2.

The BB Sonic steelbook came in on Monday, but the Gamestop on has not shipped and the game shipped today. I'm guessing they are going to screw over online customers like they did with MW2.
GS shipped mine together in one package. You sure they didn't ship yours together?

GS shipped mine together in one package. You sure they didn't ship yours together?
The steelbook shows preparing to ship. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when the game comes in.

Edit: Syberia: The World Before has a CE. It was on Amazon UK for all platforms but out of stock. It's now showing in stock at Amazon US and Gamestop for PS5 only.

Amazon.com: Syberia: The World Before Collector's Edition (PS5) : Video Games

Syberia: The World Before Collector's Edition - PlayStation 5 (gamestop.com)

The steelbook shows preparing to ship. I won't know for sure until tomorrow when the game comes in.

Edit: Syberia: The World Before has a CE. It was on Amazon UK for all platforms but out of stock. It's now showing in stock at Amazon US and Gamestop for PS5 only.

Amazon.com: Syberia: The World Before Collector's Edition (PS5) : Video Games

Syberia: The World Before Collector's Edition - PlayStation 5 (gamestop.com)
Overpriced and it looks like a metal pak too.

My GoW Jotnar came in... seems kinda nuts that it was this much of a hassle to pre-order but Amazon still has it up. Also was thinking this would be as big as the Horizon FW CEs but seems like it's slightly smaller.

Overpriced and it looks like a metal pak too.
Definite looks like a MetalPak but they say Steelbook, even has the registered trademark on the picture....

Not sure if it was posted here, but Wario posted on twitter that Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has a steelbook launch edition. The PS4 version was up on amazon. the sample steelbook looks pretty nice.

[attachment=37463:FhJRAt8UAAAR0ca.png]

Would’ve been nice if they did something like sekiro CE same price point too. That’s still the best CE I’ve owned to this point cuz of the price

Not sure if it was posted here, but Wario posted on twitter that Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty has a steelbook launch edition. The PS4 version was up on amazon. the sample steelbook looks pretty nice.

attachicon.gif
FhJRAt8UAAAR0ca.png
Day one on Game Pass. Very interested to see how this one does as there seems to be a wave of these type of games now, after Sekiro and Nioh.

Would’ve been nice if they did something like sekiro CE same price point too. That’s still the best CE I’ve owned to this point cuz of the price
Totes. Those are the best.

I cancelled by my God of War pre-orders because that's an insane amount of money for one game. It seems like they made a ton of them too. They've been easily available from a multitude of sources and could very well hit clearance. I could have new Limited Edition Nintendo Switch instead for a few dollars more. Those will also accrue even more value over time.

Totes. Those are the best.

I cancelled by my God of War pre-orders because that's an insane amount of money for one game. It seems like they made a ton of them too. They've been easily available from a multitude of sources and could very well hit clearance. I could have new Limited Edition Nintendo Switch instead for a few dollars more. Those will also accrue even more value over time.
That’s how I feel about resident evil CE’s always overpriced. I think final fantasy ones too. Wish CE’s would only be $200 max no more than that

Amazon shipped my launch GoW edition in a plastic bag. Literally no protection at all, might as well have just slapped a label on the game case. What the hell, man.

Makes ma glad that I bought GOW Jotnar for store pickup at bestbuy instead of amazon. Could’ve used my certs but I think I’ll use it on a tv instead as a gift

Sony shipped my Jotnar in a good box.  I'm not a fan of the flimsy outer boxes Sony uses on everything.  The console boxes and the CE boxes.

Has anyone here managed to snag a copy of the Bayonetta 3 CE that DOESN’T have a damaged box? Returning yet another copy due to creases and scratches on the box (first copy came from Best Buy, second copy came from Nintendo).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone here managed to snag a copy of the Bayonetta 3 CE that DOESN’T have a damaged box? Returning yet another copy due to creases and scratches on the box (first copy came from Best Buy, second copy came from Nintendo).

My copy from Nintendo was perfect. The Gamestop one literally had scrape marks all over it that removed some of the paint on the top and sides and left what looked like aluminum foil visible underneath.

Nvm I am a dum dum. They got two codes for the dlc but no code for the game. Did any one get the game code that was missing from whst I'm reading with going on at target with the god of war collectors edition

My Amazon DE order of Tactics Ogre with the steelbook got declined by my bank due to "fraud protection." The option to revise my payment method on Amazon DE will not work even I change it to a different card. Tried to chat with customer support and was told they don't offer support in English on Amazon DE. Even tried buying a giftcard and applying that balance to my order but nothing happens when I click it... Anyone else by chance having issues like this? I would just cancel and reorder but the version with a steelbook is sold out. At this point there's a chance I doubled my cost on this game for no reason.

the god of war collectors edition. Saw a post on neogaf, reddit and Twitter
Oh thought so. From what I’ve seen, there are two codes in the steelbook. One for the pre order bonus(launch) and the code for the game ps4/ps5 with all the deluxe dlc like ps4 theme avatar, costumers or whatever

My Amazon DE order of Tactics Ogre with the steelbook got declined by my bank due to "fraud protection." The option to revise my payment method on Amazon DE will not work even I change it to a different card. Tried to chat with customer support and was told they don't offer support in English on Amazon DE. Even tried buying a giftcard and applying that balance to my order but nothing happens when I click it... Anyone else by chance having issues like this? I would just cancel and reorder but the version with a steelbook is sold out. At this point there's a chance I doubled my cost on this game for no reason.
I had to call my bank and tell them it wasn't fraud and then I revised payment and it went through.

I had to call my bank and tell them it wasn't fraud and then I revised payment and it went through.
When you clicked revise payment and chose the same payment method did the "payment revision needed" message on the order details page go away or did it still show up?

Never had to deal with returns with NoA online store. Is it difficult to setup?

Nvm I am a dum dum. They got two codes for the dlc but no code for the game. Did any one get the game code that was missing from whst I'm reading with going on at target with the god of war collectors edition
There is a thread on reddit that says the console with GoW only has the PS4 version and they had the option to pay another $10 for the PS5 version. My CE from Sony had both copies of the game in it.

There is a thread on reddit that says the console with GoW only has the PS4 version and they had the option to pay another $10 for the PS5 version. My CE from Sony had both copies of the game in it.
My Jotnar from Gamestop in store had a ps5 code when I redeemed it

bread's done
Back