2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully there are some patches and updates. From what I’m reading the game is nearly unplayable.
Unplayable is a bit of an exaggeration. There are plenty of issues but most of them are just performance and graphical - framerate inconsistency/stutters, long-ish load times, stuff like that. There aren't any hard crashes or game-breaking bugs.

It really is a shame that they released it in the state that they did, because if it weren't for those issues it would be an excellent game. There are a lot of QoL improvements and the overworld is a big step forward from Sword and Shield. As it stands I'd recommend waiting for a patch or sale unless you have a high tolerance for graphics/performance issues.

Octopath Traveler 2 steelbooks, available on Amazon FR

PS5 (59,99€) amzn.to/3B66i8I
PS4 (54,99€) amzn.to/3xlA6xe
Switch (59,99€) amzn.to/3dbsDtL
2e2a9193e6612a2c2ae3c0e10fb11011.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Octopath Traveler 2 steelbooks, available on Amazon FR

PS5 (59,99€) amzn.to/3B66i8I
PS4 (54,99€) amzn.to/3xlA6xe
Switch (59,99€) amzn.to/3dbsDtL
2e2a9193e6612a2c2ae3c0e10fb11011.jpg

Wow, those are nice. Assuming Amazon UK will get the same ones, I generally try to avoid non-English packaging.

I'll go one step further and hope Best Buy or Gamestop gets them over here, as I generally try to avoid overseas-shipped things.
Unless they are packed with the game (Persona 5 Royal), those type of steelbook are exclusive deals/bonus with the publisher for that region.

It also says "EXCLUSIF"... so yeah.

f1bynogb6z1a1.jpg

[attachment=37529:Screenshot_20221124-184513_Best Buy.jpg]

Before anyone else cancels their overseas preorder. Looks like the switch steel is just an ordinary DVD steel

Before anyone else cancels their overseas preorder. Looks like the switch steel is just an ordinary DVD steel
Not necessarily--that looks like the typical language for any steelbook bonus, so it might just not have been modified for the Switch listing.

Not necessarily--that looks like the typical language for any steelbook bonus, so it might just not have been modified for the Switch listing.
yea sega cheaped out not making steelbooks for the Nintendo switch with sonic frontiers, that has been the only SB case I received that was only made for generic disc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I am having second thought on the $170 Octopath special edition from square enix store that doesn't include a steelbook.

I can't remember if you can do this. Can you order the game with the steelbook, cancel the game part of the order to just buy the steelbook? Or does it make you cancel both automatically?

I hate how much of a pain in the ass they make it for us to get steelbooks sometimes. I understand them not making a ton of all the other collectibles, but is it really that fucking hard/expensive to make some extra steelbook cases to make sure there are enough to go around?

Now I am having second thought on the $170 Octopath special edition from square enix store that doesn't include a steelbook.
These are annoying because the game isn’t packed into it. I view it more as a bundle and I bet it (or just the extras) goes on sale at some point.

I can't remember if you can do this. Can you order the game with the steelbook, cancel the game part of the order to just buy the steelbook? Or does it make you cancel both automatically?
Think you have to cancel both but most of the time the steelbook will briefly be listed separately and you can just buy it.

GameStop just charged me for Callisto Protocol CE earlier today. What's odd is that the order was split into two parts. According to my active orders, the CE is for PS5 and the game itself is XSX. It's confusing to me since I ordered for XSX, but I'm not worried.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GameStop just charged me for Callisto Protocol CE earlier today. What's odd is that the order was split into two parts. According to my active orders, the CE is for PS5 and the game itself is XSX. It's confusing to me since I ordered for XSX, but I'm not worried.

I think I had that issue when I had a pre-order on there before. Support claimed everything would be ok.

It's in stock for everything but Series X on Skybound. It has a physical sketchbook and the comic is digital instead of physical like the gamestop one. I think the sketchbook is exclusive to this site.

The Callisto Protocol - Collector's Edition (Preorder) – Skybound Entertainment

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1598100427890884609

The Wanted: Dead CE is $80 on amazon! :D

I asked my store about this CE, and apparently it’s one of those soft bundles where the collectors edition stuff is separate from the physical copy of the game. When I asked how I get the season pass, they weren’t sure how that worked yet.

I assume we either get a code via email or on the in-store receipt, or there is a code in the collectors edition to redeem on a website for the corresponding PlayStation or Xbox code.

What sucks is 2K is allowing midnight sons to be purchased at 9 PM local time, but the publisher for Callisto won’t allow sale of the game until Friday the 2nd.

My Callisto CE shipped. I was thinking about cancelling it, decided to keep it since it never came in stock and thought it might be limited. It'll probably come back in stock tomorrow though lol.

My Callisto CE shipped. I was thinking about cancelling it, decided to keep it since it never came in stock and thought it might be limited. It'll probably come back in stock tomorrow though lol.
The PC version is the only CE still showing on gamestop's site but out of stock. Skybound still has everyone but PC and Series X.

Lol Atlus, printed the shipping label Nov 4th, and I just got an email saying they're ABOUT to ship Persona 5 CE

I just got the email today and UPS sent me an email saying there's a package coming but no details from where. I hope this is it.

I can confirm the season pass for Callisto CE prints on receipt. Employee has to redeem preorder & ring up game & CE box separately. No codes are in the CE box.

Those of you that ordered online I assume you will get an email with your season pass code.

Does anyone remember what the One Piece CE bundle on Bandai Namco store comes with? I could've sworn it came with a steelbook, figure, and something else, but I went back to the NB Store and it shows just a figure.

Did they change the contents after the fact?

Does anyone remember what the One Piece CE bundle on Bandai Namco store comes with? I could've sworn it came with a steelbook, figure, and something else, but I went back to the NB Store and it shows just a figure.

I usually take notice if a steelbook is included in a CE for a game I'm interested in, but I'm fairly certain that was never included in this one as I remember being immediately disinterested when the CE was announced.

I usually take notice if a steelbook is included in a CE for a game I'm interested in, but I'm fairly certain that was never included in this one as I remember being immediately disinterested when the CE was announced.
Damn, I need to cancel. ANy idea how? I don't see the option on the site.

No, the US version always was just a bundle with the statue. The European version has a nice outer box, steelcase, postcards and the statue.

Got my Callisto CE. Came in a large shipping box and the actual game is just tossed into the shipping box with the CE box. There is no special thing to hold it in place.

They also email the season pass, it isn't included in the game case. Not sure what the season pass is even for and if they're planning DLC expansions.

Got my Callisto CE. Came in a large shipping box and the actual game is just tossed into the shipping box with the CE box. There is no special thing to hold it in place.

They also email the season pass, it isn't included in the game case. Not sure what the season pass is even for and if they're planning DLC expansions.
In fairness, they always were clear that this was a bundle as opposed to an integrated CE.

In fairness, they always were clear that this was a bundle as opposed to an integrated CE.
Yeah, but sometimes there's a plastic thing that fits on the top that holds it in place. It wasn't really a complaint though as much as it was "if you ordered and didn't get it yet, here's what to expect. Especially since it's just tossed in with a heavy box, the CE could crush the game case if it bounces around the wrong way.

Yeah, but sometimes there's a plastic thing that fits on the top that holds it in place. It wasn't really a complaint though as much as it was "if you ordered and didn't get it yet, here's what to expect. Especially since it's just tossed in with a heavy box, the CE could crush the game case if it bounces around the wrong way.
Yes I was not pleased with the method they used. It was a pretty sloppy job to just stuff the game in there with the CE box; could've fit some thin foam for protection instead. Really this trend of CE bundles instead of games sealed with the rest of the contents is about to turn me off from them altogether.

bread's done
Back