2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I was not pleased with the method they used. It was a pretty sloppy job to just stuff the game in there with the CE box; could've fit some thin foam for protection instead. Really this trend of CE bundles instead of games sealed with the rest of the contents is about to turn me off from them altogether.
Same which is why I plan on returning mine. Not worth the money imo

I am actually in shock, I just got an email from Amazon Germany that my Tactics Ogre + Steelbook has shipped.  For some reason my original order (Which had been placed at the beginning of August) had been hit with the "We don't have enough to fulfill this order/delayed" and they were "Trying to get more in", tbh I was thinking I would never get a follow up and just end up cancelling it in a few months.

It's arriving in about 2/3 days so we will see how it goes, the version on my order form says "Tactics Ogre Reborn (Amazon Exclusive)" so it should include the steelbook (They had 2 diff options on Amazon DE, w/ steelbook and no steelbook)

Jotnar is definitely more rare than the CE just like with the 2018 GOW. Jotnar gets restocked once in a while at some retailers
Jotnar sitting in stock at playstation direct for several days. Not sure if a lot available or nobody wants it or knows it is there.

the horizon one was a clear image of things to come

thing was clearanced at half price

dont buy it as an investment

the steelbook one was a way better buy

You know what IS worth it?  

Buying both Crisis Core steelbooks for $20 total without buying the game.  Will prolly buy the game later on during a sale and acquire yet another steel. 

I'm only going for stuff I REALLY care about. Is that CC steel book also for the switch? I know it's not GameStops fault but I was done dirty getting a switch copy and no switch steel books were made.

I'm only going for stuff I REALLY care about. Is that CC steel book also for the switch? I know it's not GameStops fault but I was done dirty getting a switch copy and no switch steel books were made.
I believe that was just sonic frontiers, it’s been the only case where I actually seen it happen to me personally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what system? Aren’t those oos?
Yeah they are unavailable. BB had versions for both NSW and PS.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-nsw-steelbook-multi/6522022.p?skuId=6522022

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-steelbook-multi/6522014.p?skuId=6522014

It would appear that they are not currently free add-ins with the game, for now. BB probably has to allocate what units they currently have, but I bet they make them available again.

You know what IS worth it?

Buying both Crisis Core steelbooks for $20 total without buying the game. Will prolly buy the game later on during a sale and acquire yet another steel.
I did the same exact thing lol. I went to preorder the game at gamestop the other day they told me the preorders for the Xbox version was closed. So guess I'll just wait for a sale then.

I hope so
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-nsw-steelbook-multi/6522022.p?skuId=6522022
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-crisis-core-final-fantasy-vii-reunion-steelbook-multi/6522014.p?skuId=6522014

It would appear that they are not currently free add-ins with the game, for now. BB probably has to allocate what units they currently have, but I bet they make them available again.

Did they ever offer these with the game? I thought they went live standalone and then sold out?

Pretty sure the standalones sold out first. I wanted to get the steelbooks on launch and the game later at a discount but I wasn't able to.

Stand-alone sold out first. Cause I was going to skip the game (I didn't really like it on PSP) and ended up having to order the game.
See, I don’t get this line of thought. Why do you desire a book for a game you don’t like and don’t (didn’t) plan to buy or play. I didn’t like CC either, so I basically ignored this release.

Some people might want a potentially rare steelbook for $10 now and get the game when it's on sale later. There is a lot releasing this time of year.

Correct, the true CAG never buys a game at full price, especially square enix games which tend to plummet in value sharply over time. A steelbook is something that will retain its value, wait 3-4 months for a sale on Crisis Core and get it for like half off.

That said, I missed the steelbook and i'm buttmad

Saw this in discord, Gamestop CA will get this as preorder bonus, not sure if the offer is up on Gamestop, can't see the webpage properly while on mobile browser
869538488137761f3afd2b3ac8298bf0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Saw this in discord, Gamestop CA will get this as preorder bonus, not sure if the offer is up on Gamestop, can't see the webpage properly while on mobile browser
869538488137761f3afd2b3ac8298bf0.jpg

it’s up on GameStop I just put in a preorder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I’ll move my $5 deposit to OPO then. Thing is last time I pre ordered instore they barely had copies. Hopefully doesn’t happen this time

Final Fantasy XVI CE announced on SE JP website, not sure if NA will be the same.

https://youtu.be/fWM0mxCLEuY

Star Wars Jedi Survivor CE at LRG.

An absurd $300. Hard pass. Comes with steelbook and light saber hilt replica, but no blade.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/star-wars-jedi-survivor?dt_id=88413
Looks like a Galaxy's Edge collab, which if so could fetch a nice price later on. Bought my wife's now retired Ahsoka twin sabers couple years back and GL with that now at 4x the price lol. From what I saw in the trailer, doesn't look like the game breaks free of the invisible walls corridor soulslike so that's an easy pass from me.

Looks like a Galaxy's Edge collab, which if so could fetch a nice price later on. Bought my wife's now retired Ahsoka twin sabers couple years back and GL with that now at 4x the price lol. From what I saw in the trailer, doesn't look like the game breaks free of the invisible walls corridor soulslike
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1601050790701199360

Bestbuy will carry the Deluxe Edition and have a steelbook of their own.

CE will go up for sale at Square Enix store 12/12 at 18:00 PST. Most likely will skip the CE since that thing prob will be 350-400, and Square shipping ain't cheap.
7c8d7394648d472c8be4210c60e3066d.jpg

Me ordering the CE will largely be dependent on if it's a bundle set or if it's together. Considering it's the deluxe edition plus statue, it's most definitely going to be a bundle. And if you can order the figure separately like you could with the FFVII Remake CE,  there's really no point in getting this CE.

Will be a minimum of $300 I'm guessing and possibly more.

bread's done
Back