2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
Friends, it has been a long time since I was active on the site. I'm wondering if there is anywhere in here that I could go to see if anyone is selling pre-orders of the FF Pixel Remaster for the Switch? I'd love to get a copy, and there are no standard editions available on eBay (I'm that desperate).

Friends, it has been a long time since I was active on the site. I'm wondering if there is anywhere in here that I could go to see if anyone is selling pre-orders of the FF Pixel Remaster for the Switch? I'd love to get a copy, and there are no standard editions available on eBay (I'm that desperate).
It’s not due for release until end of May. When that gets closer, you can bet your sweet ass there will be standard editions on eBay. Technically, you’re not supposed to sell something that’s not within 30 days of release on eBay.

It’s not due for release until end of May. When that gets closer, you can bet your sweet ass there will be standard editions on eBay. Technically, you’re not supposed to sell something that’s not within 30 days of release on eBay.
Beautiful, thank you. I will hold my sweet ass back to use as currency, if necessary.

Anyone wanna speculate on if there'll be more released eventually? Why in the Samuel L. Jackson wouldn't they release more of the standard edition, at least?

Beautiful, thank you. I will hold my sweet ass back to use as currency, if necessary.

Anyone wanna speculate on if there'll be more released eventually? Why in the Samuel L. Jackson wouldn't they release more of the standard edition, at least?
Hard to know but I will say that I feel like you could still buy copies of Chrono Cross for the ps1 from the se store not that long ago.

Best Buy RE4 Remake exclusive steelbook officially available with preorders again. Just preordered a copy for the PS5, and the steelbook is now showing with the game in my purchase history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Buy RE4 Remake exclusive steelbook officially available with preorders again. Just preordered a copy for the PS5, and the steelbook is now showing with the game in my purchase history.

God dammit.. I keep missing this.

EDIT* Wait, nevermind- it pops up after a few seconds. THANKS!!! Finally got one!!

Lol I was about to be pissed that I saw ur post too late and missed it but just noticed I already placed a pre order with the steelbook. Just waiting on Wo long to be restocked. Doubt it tho

Just wanted to come in and say that if/when a Nintendo Direct is announced sometime in February (going by the past 4 years) I want to wish all of us good luck if a Tears of the Kingdom CE is announced. 

I got super lucky with breath of the Wild and got a CE with my Best Buy 20% discount, and it still is one of my favorite CEs.  If Nintendo does announce a CE for Tears, it's going to be nerve-wracking.  I honestly almost wish they wouldn't announce one, I can't take the stress!

Just wanted to come in and say that if/when a Nintendo Direct is announced sometime in February (going by the past 4 years) I want to wish all of us good luck if a Tears of the Kingdom CE is announced.

I got super lucky with breath of the Wild and got a CE with my Best Buy 20% discount, and it still is one of my favorite CEs. If Nintendo does announce a CE for Tears, it's going to be nerve-wracking. I honestly almost wish they wouldn't announce one, I can't take the stress!
I want the CE if one and the console we know about.

Also, I know it's on game pass, but the Atomic Heart limited edition is still plenty in stock for all systems.

Atomic Heart - Limited Edition Bundle | Focus Entertainment Store (focus-entmt.com)

The Wanted: Dead CE is plenty in stock on several sites as well.

Both coming out soon, so they may be enough stock for later price drops.

Some versions of Hogwarts CE up at Gamestop with metal poster: pro member only
Hogwarts Legacy Collector's Edition - Xbox Series X | Xbox Series X | GameStop

If you want the RE4 CE steelbook for cheaper on Amazon Spain, only PS4 version is left. You can get it without the statue and artbook for about $150 cheaper:
Resident Evil 4 Steelbook Edition : Amazon.es: Videojuegos
Ugh... I preordered Hogwarts CE. I really don't need any more CEs and I'm not a HP fan, but it honestly looks like a game I'd enjoy.

Also, I really wish the REmake 4 steelbook was similar to the PS2 EU artwork... US artwork on the original release was so generic and the existing batch of both US/EU covers (standard or CEs) all seem kinda meh.

Some versions of Hogwarts CE up at Gamestop with metal poster: pro member only
Hogwarts Legacy Collector's Edition - Xbox Series X | Xbox Series X | GameStop

If you want the RE4 CE steelbook for cheaper on Amazon Spain, only PS4 version is left. You can get it without the statue and artbook for about $150 cheaper:
Resident Evil 4 Steelbook Edition : Amazon.es: Videojuegos
I just…. Can’t. That “book” is horrible. It has to be plugged up. And the wand floats soooooo low. I honestly expect to be able to pick this up for $99 down the line.

Man if you missed the re4 remake pre-order I'd feel awful. New gameplay looks amazing gonna have to keep it sealed.
It's Capcom mainline series, they will mass produce it like RE2/3 Remakes that was available for $10 each.

edit: Oh you probably meant the CE. I misunderstood.

does anyone think we will ever get another 'old school' style RE in the form of REmake or RE0? Another static camera / tank control / pre rendered background style game? 

I think the 2 and 3 remakes are awesome, but I still think theres room for another old school style one.

does anyone think we will ever get another 'old school' style RE in the form of REmake or RE0? Another static camera / tank control / pre rendered background style game?

I think the 2 and 3 remakes are awesome, but I still think theres room for another old school style one.
Dunno about RE (probably not mainline but maybe as a spin-off), but others have started making games like that in the wake. Tormented Souls is probably the best one I've tried.

No, because a survival horror game with tank controls would never sell well in this day and age.

Hogwarts legacy confirmed metalpak and not actually a steelbook
7cb2acddc53c750890e2ab1283b5ad12.jpg

The two worst collector's editions of all-time I can think of were:

-Dead Island Riptide

-Rage 2

You'd have to be a total virgin or a psychopath to think either of those statues were cool.  Holy crap some nerds have bad taste. 

-Dead Island Riptide
-Rage 2

You'd have to be a total virgin or a psychopath to think either of those statues were cool. Holy crap some nerds have bad taste.
Didn't riptide come with like a suitcase or something? Or are you talking about the European riptide tiddie statue lol

-Dead Island Riptide
-Rage 2

You'd have to be a total virgin or a psychopath to think either of those statues were cool. Holy crap some nerds have bad taste.
Rage 2 wasnt that much and the steelbook was nice. The talking head was garbage though.

Wow.....this collectors edition could perhaps go down as the worst in the history of mankind. That earlier comment on this being $99 at some point might actually come true. What a shame.
Maybe in your wet dream. Harry Potter is second to perhaps only Star Wars in how fervent its nerd fanbase is. This type of merch is no different than the lightsaber hilt for Jedi Survivor, as in both nerdy af and the fanbase will eat it up.

The harry potter CE seemed to sell out almost instantly when they put it up for preorder and the gamestop restock for pro members didn't last the night. Unless there holding back a ton of stock for release day, I dont see it hitting clearance.

Maybe in your wet dream. Harry Potter is second to perhaps only Star Wars in how fervent its nerd fanbase is. This type of merch is no different than the lightsaber hilt for Jedi Survivor, as in both nerdy af and the fanbase will eat it up.
Nah I can see it easy. It’s just super crappy items. Even the fan base isn’t impressed. These sell out thanks to resellers. I expect we see them in the wild for a while. A lot rides on the review embargo when it lifts. A lot haven’t been super impressed though. ‍♂. I still stand by this will reach $99 one day but who knows. I still would buy that crap. I’m gonna get the game because I love HP. But I won’t waste my money on that CE.

^Exhibit 1 for the Dunning-Kruger effect. Harry Potter’s fanbase skews heavily towards women and we know most people here don’t know any women lol.

My tax refund lookin good but no way am I buying that hogwarts CE. Can’t even include an actually steelbook? Lol. Getting the deluxe tho. I might actually keep the RE4 CE but not impressed by that by much either. Still pissed no Ada instead of Leon again as the figurine

Anyone else have issues where the Namco Bandai store is treated as a fraudulent company? I tried to pre-order the tales of Symphonia special edition & my bank card would not except the transaction, but the transaction went through on a preapproval with my credit card.

but when Namco charged my credit card tonight, my credit card denied it asking if it was a actual charge. Now I can’t log into the Namco Bandai ID bullshit system to confirm my info for the pre-order.

Anyone else have issues where the Namco Bandai store is treated as a fraudulent company? I tried to pre-order the tales of Symphonia special edition & my bank card would not except the transaction, but the transaction went through on a preapproval with my credit card.

but when Namco charged my credit card tonight, my credit card denied it asking if it was a actual charge. Now I can’t log into the Namco Bandai ID bullshit system to confirm my info for the pre-order.
Worked fine on my card, Capital One Visa.

bread's done
Back