2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
You may really want to try to get those Zelda CE's in person at a Gamestop or something. They are pretty heavy and with them being mostly black, scratches and dents are pretty noticeable.

I just got in line outside of Frys. NOBODY else is here. Guaranteed to get one when they open.
Man, glad I'm in the west coast (well AZ) right now because it seems like lots of stores listing stuff...

Got an order in for the Mythra/Pyra amiibo at WM by sheer luck yesterday when it went live.

Got a TotK Pro Controller at Target at a discount.

And just also got the Wind Waker Amiibo at Target.

Between the FFXVI CE and all the TotK and other stuff this week, my bank accounts are going to be hurting for a while... ugh...

I just got in line outside of Frys. NOBODY else is here. Guaranteed to get one when they open.
RIP Fry’s. Though you started selling strange cheap Amazon knockoff type items in your last years and your stores were literally empty, your prime will never be forgotten.

So far, it's looking like BB will get me the amiibo and art print today.  The case and CE will be tomorrow.   Grabbed the amiibo double pack from Target this morning as it's up.  I've got all of them opened, but the double pack is kinda cool.

I'm pretty close to being done with Jedi Survivor, so I guess it's good to have another day to finish it.  I was going to play the Diablo beta, but the reward is a mount trophy and not a mount which is silly for a zoomed out top down game.

Edit: USPS report says the controller from Gamestop will be in tomorrow

https://iffysonlinestore.com/blog/ifi-online-store-upgrade-and-pudding-points-winddown/

Idea Factory NA will end loyalty program, last day for purchase to give you points is May 19, and you have until Sep 4 to spend them. When they roll out new online store on Sep 5, exising accounts and points will be nuked.

If you been stockpiling points from purchasing CE/LE from them, use it or lose it.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

https://iffysonlinestore.com/blog/ifi-online-store-upgrade-and-pudding-points-winddown/

Idea Factory NA will end loyalty program, last day for purchase to give you points is May 19, and you have until Sep 4 to spend them. When they roll out new online store on Sep 5, exising accounts and points will be nuked.

If you been stockpiling points from purchasing CE/LE from them, use it or lose it.

Instead of making it a better shopping experience by taking something away from the customers that is a benefit to them, they should stop trying to cheap out by using those awful metal paks.

I'm thrilled that the CE does not seem to be as limited as the pre-order bot-fest made it seem. And I imagine there will be more restocks as scalpers throw in the towel and return the unsold extras they acquired. I just wish Nintendo would have been more communicative about quantities. I would have loved to have not stressed out for the past two months securing a pre-order, knowing there was going to be more.

Got mine at GS last night, and I have to say the steelbook is gorgeous.

Just walked in to Target 5 min after opening and got the Zelda CE with hip pouch. GS sold out last night and Walmart did not have them in store this am. Zelda pro controller is shipping from GS.com. I’m done buying Zelda stuff. Can’t wait to dig into the game this weekend!!

I thought I was done buying Zelda stuff, but then I saw there is a collector's edition hardcover guide coming out next month. I don't usually buy guides, but man I am sucker for Zelda stuff, so that's probably going to be a purchase as well.

Think of all the crap you could buy for Zelda instead of one of those Final Fantasy collector's editions.  Get the CE for $130 with full sized art book and steel.  Buy a t-shirt from the Nintendo store.   Get a plaque, wall scroll, giclee art pre-order bonus from 1 or 2 retailers.  Buy the hardcover strategy guide from Amazon when it comes out for likely much less than the current < $44.99.  Get the deluxe CD soundtrack whenever it releases.  Or else buy the pro controller.  another t-shirt or hoodie.  And you've spent $300 total compared against that SquareEnix nonsense. 

This was a very successful launch. 

Instead of making it a better shopping experience by taking something away from the customers that is a benefit to them, they should stop trying to cheap out by using those awful metal paks.
Discouraging customers from buying could mean their products won't be highly sought after, hence heavily discounted later

Let them dig their own graves

Was able to order the Pro controller from Walmart and Target, and another CE from Amazon... might just cancel my Best Buy in store orders since its an almost 2 hour round trip. Kinda wanna go get the controller today buy I probably should just be patient and save myself the time and gas.

Got my Zelda CE from Best Buy and it does have a couple visible dings on the front.  A little annoying but could be worse.

That being said Play-Asia has the deluxe version of Loop Hero up for pre-order.

https://www.play-asia.com/loop-hero-deluxe-edition/13/70g65j

$48 + shipping (Need to spend $99 to get free shipping) gets you the game, physical CD OST, 104-page beastiary book, all in a Big ol box.  In the past the Western release of games like this (Death's Door, etc.) have gotten digital codes for the OST, so this is usually the one to go for!

[attachment=37931:loop.png]

I'm almost positive that the $450+ Premium Edition is scalper bait. Probably going to see quite a bit unopened on ebay Day 1, while Bandai rakes in the $$$.

While I am sure there are a good amount of people who want that edition and are buying it (Probably PERFECT for Gunpla set-ups), resellers are expecting this to shoot up in value like the $250 Elden Ring Premium Edition did (Up to $650+ currently on Ebay). The return on flipping the $450 Premium Edition + shipping is NOT what they are thinking it's going to be.

(To clarify, I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying that edition f they want it. I am speculating on why that edition goes for that price + sells out quickly enough to justify a restock/reprint)

Did anyone order the TotK CE from Amazon JP (for the bonus cutlery) have their order ship?

I'm almost positive that the $450+ Premium Edition is scalper bait. Probably going to see quite a bit unopened on ebay Day 1, while Bandai rakes in the $$$.

While I am sure there are a good amount of people who want that edition and are buying it (Probably PERFECT for Gunpla set-ups), resellers are expecting this to shoot up in value like the $250 Elden Ring Premium Edition did (Up to $650+ currently on Ebay). The return on flipping the $450 Premium Edition + shipping is NOT what they are thinking it's going to be.

(To clarify, I am not trying to dissuade anyone from buying that edition f they want it. I am speculating on why that edition goes for that price + sells out quickly enough to justify a restock/reprint)
Scalpers don't need any bait... they'll literally try to sell anything for a 10x markup.

Got the Zelda CE in.  No real dings, but a few white scrapes in places.  Waiting on the fork/spoon CE to ship from amazon JP now.

2OTUecF.jpg

XEWSYPs.jpg

GeHCr7b.jpg

Got the Zelda CE in. No real dings, but a few white scrapes in places. Waiting on the fork/spoon CE to ship from amazon JP now.
Damn beautiful collection- beats my Zelda collection by quite a lot. I'm especially jealous of the Minish Cap SP. I'm genuinely curious to see what releases you don't have... only things I don't spot are the Wind Waker/Master Quest GameCube double pack and then the BotW mini-guide release. Also what's the thing on the top right of the black bookshelf? I think it's that BotW Master Edition but I don't remember the eye symbol on the box.

Damn beautiful collection- beats my Zelda collection by quite a lot. I'm especially jealous of the Minish Cap SP. I'm genuinely curious to see what releases you don't have... only things I don't spot are the Wind Waker/Master Quest GameCube double pack and then the BotW mini-guide release. Also what's the thing on the top right of the black bookshelf? I think it's that BotW Master Edition but I don't remember the eye symbol on the box.
Creating a Champion - Champion Edition is the black box. I have the GC master quest in the middle of the glass case. I'm missing the old Game and Watch and Zelda's Adventure on CDi, but those cost way too much right now. I put a US copy of Spirit Tracks in the metal tin edition, so it's not with the other DS games. The 3DS versions are the Hylian New 3DS XL and the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL. I'd like one of the 2DS systems, but they cost a bunches too. The BotW Master Edition I missed at launch and costs way too much now, but the UK Limited Edition had the sword and soundtrack, so I was happy with that.

Anyone need a Zelda CE, hit me up.  Got two I wanna get rid of for retail + shipping.  Would rather they go to someone here that wants them then scalped online lol

bread's done
Back