2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had issues with pre order bonuses at GameStop recently so I try to buy from bestbuy instead. I doubt they’d even give me a steelbook for my online order of MK1 lol so I just bought one from bestbuy

When you ordered on GameStop.com you used to be pretty well secure. Seems like they’re trending in the direction of not shipping out bonuses to online customers and having them go in the store to get them. Probably a ploy to get more customers into their stores.

nope you had to go in store to claim and they are on Reddit saying there isn’t enough to go around and their turning online orders away…sucks bt GameStop is trying their hardest to push customers away…they stop shipping the bonuses I believe when Totk released and that was a mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1079ea4619c4d52e50615ba395e86774.jpg
It was actually Fire Emblem Engage where they stopped shipping online physical preorder bonuses & directed people to stores.

When does PS Direct charge for pre-orders? And will the CE be PS Direct exclusive? It wasn't clear.
I believe a pre authorization and then charged the week before it ships, and I’m assuming this will be locked to playstation direct given They state for countries without direct be on the lookout on how to obtain from retailers…giving me TLOU remaster mess they had on ps direct smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No physical disc + $50 too much.  Easy pass for me, and if I ever change my mind PS Direct ALWAYS overproduced and will have more in stock later.

No physical disc + $50 too much. Easy pass for me, and if I ever change my mind PS Direct ALWAYS overproduced and will have more in stock later.
I'm also skipping, I want the steelbook but I'll just buy it on eBay. I wouldn't count on PS Direct having too many though, it's kind of hit or miss. They screwed up with TLOU Part 1 and that never came back in stock (though you can just get all of the extras from the PC version if you want).

haul pic time! 

These turned out incredible.  Best 20 bucks I spent this week.

Street-Figher-6-steelbooks.jpg

I thought about going out and trying to acquire the Diablo 4 steelbook today.  But I guess I don't really care anymore.

It will be < $20 on Ebay in a month anyways.  Perhaps even freebies when GS warehouse sends the rest of them out like one manager was telling me; apparently the distribution warehouse is sitting on a pile of them.

I thought about going out and trying to acquire the Diablo 4 steelbook today. But I guess I don't really care anymore.

It will be &lt; $20 on Ebay in a month anyways. Perhaps even freebies when GS warehouse sends the rest of them out like one manager was telling me; apparently the distribution warehouse is sitting on a pile of them.
Yea, I didn't even preorder - went to my home store the day after launch to ask if they had any left - they said yes, so I bought it with the sole intent to return it a few days later ala BEST BUY! Well today was a few days later and I just went store to store with the opening line - "Hey, got any steel books?" Waving my D4 sealed copy in the air like a dummy hoping they say "Nope!" as a reason to return the dang game.

Well... surprise surprise...... that tactic didn't work in the first 3 stores I went to, 4th one finally didn't have any, so I was actually able to return the game.
bsiUzbd.jpg

Yes... I am that dick that asked for everyone's steelbooks days after launch!!! :beer: Maybe no one likes D4 in my area or all Ultimate editioned it out last week....

Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica leaked just now, let see what if theres any CE/LE for these
Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting. I immediately checked twitter and watched the trailers. Can't wait for P3R. Tactica.. I don't know, hopefully it's good but I see potential for it to be below Q standards.

How much was spiderman 1 CE? If SM2 CE is the same price as the first one then I have to get this. Wish it was cheaper ofcourse but if it’s exclusive to ps direct then I expect the same BS with TLOU Part 1 Firefly edition

Still haven’t received my SF6 SB from BB btw but got my pre order bonus finally

I have to imagine there will be a Deluxe Edition of Spider-Man 2 that’s just the Steelbook with a physical disc and some DLC. Retailers would be begging for a special release alongside the regular version.

How much was spiderman 1 CE? If SM2 CE is the same price as the first one then I have to get this. Wish it was cheaper ofcourse but if it’s exclusive to ps direct then I expect the same BS with TLOU Part 1 Firefly edition

I think it was $120 and fairly limited. Sony now likes to mass produce and charge 200+. Horizon and GoW are pretty common still.

Yea, I didn't even preorder - went to my home store the day after launch to ask if they had any left - they said yes, so I bought it with the sole intent to return it a few days later ala BEST BUY! Well today was a few days later and I just went store to store with the opening line - "Hey, got any steel books?" Waving my D4 sealed copy in the air like a dummy hoping they say "Nope!" as a reason to return the dang game.

Well... surprise surprise...... that tactic didn't work in the first 3 stores I went to, 4th one finally didn't have any, so I was actually able to return the game.
bsiUzbd.jpg

Yes... I am that dick that asked for everyone's steelbooks days after launch!!! :beer: Maybe no one likes D4 in my area or all Ultimate editioned it out last week....
k

Exclusive:

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1666900989356433417"
"The Collector’s Edition ($229.99 / £219.99/ €249.99/ ¥31,980 MSRP) includes a voucher for the Digital Deluxe Edition...."

Oh, fuck you Sony....

$150

Pretty lame move, Dave.
Lame yes, but ethically not very different than going from Walmart to Walmart a few days after a deal is posted and buying one copy of those $0.03 clearance switch games and then asking to self-checkout. (There were still 5-6 steelbooks in each store for reference.)

I think it was $120 and fairly limited. Sony now likes to mass produce and charge 200+. Horizon and GoW are pretty common still.
I see now I see why I bought it lol. That was more of a fair price but SM2 does have a bigger figurine but I don’t think it’s worth that price point especially if they don’t even have a physical copy.

HFW and GOW were available at other retailers so I expect this one to actually be limited unless some retailer gets it as well maybe GameStop or bestbuy

Persona 3 Reload and Persona 5 Tactica leaked just now, let see what if theres any CE/LE for these

I definitely see P3R getting a CE (Prolly gonna be similar to the Persona 5 and SMT V CEs), I would say an 80% chance.

If the 3DS was still around P5T would get one as well, now I am not so sure. Maybe a 50/50 chance.

To touch on the Spiderman CE once again:

IMO collectors, the ones that these Editions are for, are ALL about physical and would not be the ones to get a digital-only console. I just don't see how anyone interested in CEs, especially with how pricey they are getting nowadays would get a digital-only console? If for some reason they DID splurge and get the CE they can always sell the disc and buy a digital license of the game.

Really? Persona 4 Golden didn't get anything but digital, I figured Persona 3 was just going to be digital.

Unless there's more work that went into the Persona 3 version that makes it worthy of a physical release when 4 wasn't.

Really? Persona 4 Golden didn't get anything but digital, I figured Persona 3 was just going to be digital.

Unless there's more work that went into the Persona 3 version that makes it worthy of a physical release when 4 wasn't.
I think ur probably confused. P3 (and P4) already became available digitally. But today's news is that a brand new HD remake of the game is coming out in 2024 called Persona 3 Reload.

"The Collector’s Edition ($229.99 / £219.99/ €249.99/ ¥31,980 MSRP) includes a voucher for the Digital Deluxe Edition...."

Oh, fuck you Sony....
This is the generation that pivoted to digital honestly. I resisted for years, fighting that losing battle but now that I've accepted defeat it doesn't even bother me anymore. I think there's quite a deal of psychology that goes into material goods, in that when we're younger they hold more weight since money is tight. Point being, it helps to reevaluate what is valuable today.

Base game

・Mischievous Puppet’s Clothes, Parade Hat - Pre-order only

・The Great Venigni’s Signature Coat, Glasses

・Mask worn by those preparing for the festival

・Soundtrack

・Steelbook

・Mini Art Book

Based on the list of content Lies of P Deluxe Ed should be sub $100
4dd18f41fa1b6663b422819d26aa7edf.jpg

Doubtful... they never sold out of the last P5 CEs... but it is the 3rd release of the game. I didnt even buy it and Im a pretty big SMT fan.

Alls for going digital only... I would never by choice, especially after seeing Nintemdo kill their digital marketplaces on certain consoles. Ill just say the 4 retail digital games on my Wii U are unlseless now as I cant play or redownload them.

Doubtful... they never sold out of the last P5 CEs... but it is the 3rd release of the game. I didnt even buy it and Im a pretty big SMT fan.

Alls for going digital only... I would never by choice, especially after seeing Nintemdo kill their digital marketplaces on certain consoles. Ill just say the 4 retail digital games on my Wii U are unlseless now as I cant play or redownload them.
You should still be able to re-download your games on the Wii U and 3DS. Not sure about DSi or Wii though.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57847/~/wii-u-%26-nintendo-3ds-eshop-discontinuation-q%26a

Base game

・Mischievous Puppet’s Clothes, Parade Hat - Pre-order only

・The Great Venigni’s Signature Coat, Glasses

・Mask worn by those preparing for the festival

・Soundtrack

・Steelbook

・Mini Art Book

Based on the list of content Lies of P Deluxe Ed should be sub $100
4dd18f41fa1b6663b422819d26aa7edf.jpg

Gamestop has placeholders up with a $69.99 price tag. Not bad considering the standard is $59.99. https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/products/lies-of-p-deluxe-edition---playstation-5/395738.html

Japan may have a different CE for Lies of P from the West, there was a listing on Amazon JP for around $100-$110, its gone now not sure if sold out or what.
fd1bf41f793c19c205e5e63f46fd38e2.jpg

Not really a game CE, but the is a Dragon Age Vinyl with all 3 games music on it at spacelab9.  I didn't sell as quickly as Mass Effect or Witcher 3, so it's still in stock

DRAGON AGE TRILOGY: Soundtrack 4LP Box Set | SPACELAB9

DELUXE BUNDLE (Save $5) INCLUDES:  
• 4LP Vinyl Box Set (Merge or Splatter Vinyl)
• T-Shirt (Large)

ULTIMATE BUNDLE (Save $12) INCLUDES:
• 4LP Vinyl Box Set (Merge or Splatter Vinyl)
• T-Shirt (Large)

• Turntable Slipmat
• Art Print

Payday 3 CE up on Bestbuy, probably the worst CE of recent years.

Do what you wish with your money, but be wary that this dev left the console version of Payday 2 riddle with bugs and never fix

21fa0f8022765ffa14137248151911f7.jpg

Payday 3 CE up on Bestbuy, probably the worst CE of recent years.

Do what you wish with your money, but be wary that this dev left the console version of Payday 2 riddle with bugs and never fix

21fa0f8022765ffa14137248151911f7.jpg

Have a link? Can't find it on BB site.

Agreed though I'll only probably buy this on PC. Although seeing as it's in UE now I could imagine it'd be easier to keep console and PC more in line

bread's done
Back