2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
FF16 is the first mainline FF CE I will not have gotten. Not at that absurd price. I cancelled my order weeks ago. Came to almost $450 with taxes. Absurd price.

Still deciding what to keep or add, looking for any other interesting or import swag.
Personally, I'm hoping that the PS5 plates are available to import at some point (without an absurd premium). Play-Asia has a listing for them but they never went live as far as I can tell: https://www.play-asia.com/ps5-console-cover-final-fantasy-xvi-limited-edition/13/70g549

The Dualsense listing was live for a while on P-A. But it just looked like generic JRPG runes on it, not really interesting enough to warrant the import.

Is bestbuy still offering a free steelbook with ff16 deluxe purchase? I don’t see one and I’m guessing it’s only because I already pre ordered one. Just trying to cancel mine and re order and wondering if I’ll still be offered a steelbook since I forgot to use my coupon and wanna use it this time

Is bestbuy still offering a free steelbook with ff16 deluxe purchase? I don’t see one and I’m guessing it’s only because I already pre ordered one. Just trying to cancel mine and re order and wondering if I’ll still be offered a steelbook since I forgot to use my coupon and wanna use it this time
Don’t cancel. They are not adding steelbook anymore

Square Enix site shows cancelled FF16 CE are up for grabs. You can add to cart...then it won't let you check out.
Prob for the best, don't think the statue is gonna be worth that heavy price

There is a few unboxings of the FF16 CE on Youtube already
I didn't see them when I checked the other day but seems like plenty from other regions are in fact up... and wow, that statue does not look like it's worth the money. Colors look really good, but seems like it's super light/cheap hallow plastic.

Luckily I'm pretty amped for the games still after that demo.

150 for the crappy plastic ifrit statue thing is the easiest skip i've had on a CE in a while. First Final Fantasy CE i'm skipping in a long time. 99$ deluxe basically covers everything in the CE aside from the statue and pins.

How do you even use pins as an adult? I don't even..

Persona 5 Tactica wont have CE but will have physical release, launch ed wont come with any steelbook

Edit: just because Atlus/Sega not doing any steelbook doesnt mean retailers won't just cross your fingers its not GS

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Unbelievable that they removed the option to cancel orders yourself. You could in the previous iteration of their online store. Now it appears they removed it. Heads up to anyone who places orders there. What a shady ass tactic. I swear companies these days are getting shadier and shadier.

that's funny. I was going through all of this last night; navigating the SE store and unable to find my order for FF16 soundtrack anywhere.  

The only thing that's listed is the $0.00 steelbook they cancelled on me.  So I bet that things don't get put into your 'orders' until they are paid and shipped. 

that's funny. I was going through all of this last night; navigating the SE store and unable to find my order for FF16 soundtrack anywhere.

The only thing that's listed is the $0.00 steelbook they cancelled on me. So I bet that things don't get put into your 'orders' until they are paid and shipped.
My Star Ocean CE order is in there. When you click on order details, there's no option to cancel. Only "buy again."

I hate to assume the most cynical, but seems to me they clearly want to make it a hassle to cancel orders, hoping buyers will just give up and keep the orders. In 2023, no respectable online store should not give you the option to cancel pre-orders unless it's a site like LRG that tells you all orders are final beforehand. It's an utter joke.

It even still says on their website that they don't charge you until 2-4 weeks before they ship, and the site still gives instructions to cancel orders which don't even exist anymore since the site changed. Total POS.

Best buy canceld my deluxe FFXVI with free steelbook, said they couldn't process payment and the link didn't have a way to change the card. I used 3 $50 gift cards and my debit and all the gift cards are good and my bank has plenty. 

Had it pre-ordered since January and only $4+ was going on the card. lol

Seems like the Spanish branch of Game has a steelbook for Baten Kaitos HD, haven't heard anything from other retailers/countries.

It's a little "loud" for my tastes but I figured I'd share

[attachment=38006:FzIhmrrXgAA5QW9.png]

Seems like the Spanish branch of Game has a steelbook for Baten Kaitos HD, haven't heard anything from other retailers/countries.

It's a little "loud" for my tastes but I figured I'd share

FzIhmrrXgAA5QW9.png
From the hinges looks like a metal case, not steelbook for those who care about the differences. I'm guessing that's what caja metallica loosely translates to.

Looks like the Star Ocean CE bundle is already sold out on the Square Enix store?  Given the price, I thought this would last longer....

It seems like this generation of CEs has become raise the prices by a lot and only make a few copies, instead of what they should be doing: Keeping the prices reasonable and printing up more copies.

Oh well, keeps me from getting more large boxes that I'm running out of places to store.

Looks like the Star Ocean CE bundle is already sold out on the Square Enix store? Given the price, I thought this would last longer....

It seems like this generation of CEs has become raise the prices by a lot and only make a few copies, instead of what they should be doing: Keeping the prices reasonable and printing up more copies.

Oh well, keeps me from getting more large boxes that I'm running out of places to store.
El scalpo buying up anything that says exclusive nowadays

El scalpo buying up anything that says exclusive nowadays

Seems like their new model- high profit margin CEs in low quantities, guarantees they'll sell out instantly. Still salty about how they basically made like 7 copies of the PS4 FF Pixel Remaster Anni Edition.

BB FF16 deluxe delayed “ships tomorrow”, steelbook ready for pick up tomorrow. Target deluxe backordered but that’s fine, don’t want to get charged for it yet. Planning on returning the bb copy and keep the steelbook

If you dont care about the exclusive steelbook at BBY, QVC still have FF16 Deluxe for over $100 AND a coupon code for new user NEWQVC50 ($50 off $100 purchase)

Edit: deal dead, wario64 posted it

Still haven't gotten my CE order cancelled, I hope they get to that soon. Still annoyed they removed the option to cancel yourself and you need to do a ticket on their site.

Got my FF16 deluxe and steelbook. Usually BB ships stuff in boxes for me, but today both came in bubble envelopes. Arrived in good shape for the most part.

For future reference, what retailer ships FF16 deluxe sized editions in boxes? Is there any retailer that you're guaranteed to get shipped in a box? BB seems to be 50/50 for me. Amazon... almost never. Haven't ordered many games this size from Gamestop or Target.

If you dont care about the exclusive steelbook at BBY, QVC still have FF16 Deluxe for over $100 AND a coupon code for new user NEWQVC50 ($50 off $100 purchase)

Edit: deal dead, wario64 posted it

I managed to get the Deluxe edition into the cart and get to the final checkout page (QVC apparently holds inventory for items in the cart for 1 hour), but the $50 off code was invalid and only the $30 off code would apply.

Couldn't decide if I wanted the CE for FF16 or not but it seems to be sold out now so guess that's that. Any precedent for these things coming back in stock post launch?

Anybody know how to track the FF16 CE?

I got my codes for the CE DLC... but I can't find an email about shipping and the new site doesn't have any of my old orders.

Kinda fucked up.

Good job by bestbuy, my FF16 deluxe was banged up. Barely any padding. Definitely returning it. Mostly wanted the steelbook anyway. Still waiting on my target copy hoping that isn’t damaged. My 2 $10 gift card for pre ordering was already delivered

Anybody know how to track the FF16 CE?

I got my codes for the CE DLC... but I can't find an email about shipping and the new site doesn't have any of my old orders.

Kinda fucked up.
I got an email from SE Store back on Jun 15 "Your Square Enix Store order is being processed!", which has the tracking.

I picked up my FF 16 CE from my porch and the first thing you notice is how light it is. Beating a dead horse here but definitely way overpriced for the quality of the statue.

Were there any CEs for the games announced during Nintendo Direct? Debating on putting in some preorders but I know I prob won't play any of those games any time soon... maybe outside of SMRPG. 

Were there any CEs for the games announced during Nintendo Direct? Debating on putting in some preorders but I know I prob won't play any of those games any time soon... maybe outside of SMRPG.
Apart from Star Ocean 2 ($200 on Square Enix store) there haven't been any other CEs announced.

I may have mentioned it before, but another thing SE Store changed is they charge in full right away now. Used to be a few weeks before shipping.

Remember that if they have a few released bunched together and you place a preorder, you're gonna get charged for all of em right away.

I may have mentioned it before, but another thing SE Store changed is they charge in full right away now. Used to be a few weeks before shipping.

Remember that if they have a few released bunched together and you place a preorder, you're gonna get charged for all of em right away.
For in-stock items yeah. But according to several sources on their site, they don't charge for pre-orders until 2-4 weeks before the item ships, and they're supposed to send an e-mail confirming the payment has been charged and the order is being processed.

https://pep-sqex-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408767300882-When-will-I-be-charged-for-my-pre-order-

https://support.store.eu.square-enix.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004633489-When-will-the-payment-be-debited-from-my-account-

That's only if you're using a CC# of course. In stock items should get charged immediately, however. Probably debit cards and Paypal charges too, like anywhere else.

God I do sincerely hate this webstore though. So many fragmented accounts and login problems. Plus orders are not showing up.

It's a good thing that this company still makes a few great games because I hate so much about the way they conduct business.

For in-stock items yeah. But according to several sources on their site, they don't charge for pre-orders until 2-4 weeks before the item ships, and they're supposed to send an e-mail confirming the payment has been charged and the order is being processed.

https://pep-sqex-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408767300882-When-will-I-be-charged-for-my-pre-order-

https://support.store.eu.square-enix.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115004633489-When-will-the-payment-be-debited-from-my-account-

That's only if you're using a CC# of course. In stock items will get charged immediately, however. Probably debit cards and Paypal charges too, like anywhere else.

God I do sincerely hate this webstore though. So many fragmented accounts and login problems. Plus orders are not showing up.
It was never that way for me. I never got charged in full for a preorder using a debit card until they changed their site. I didn't for FF Pixel Remaster, FF16 CE or any others for years.

But I did for Star Ocean, which I want to cancel anyway.

I think those links aren't up to date. They still haven't fully updated their site. They still have this on there:

https://pep-sqex-us.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001636189-Pre-order

It says you can cancel preorders by going to manage orders, but the new site doesn't have that.

In short, right now the SE Store is a total mess.

I opened the FF16 deluxe from Best Buy and the steelbook is smashed to crap.  since the game is sealed, can I return it?

I opened the FF16 deluxe from Best Buy and the steelbook is smashed to crap. since the game is sealed, can I return it?
Ofcourse. I’ll be returning my smashed deluxe copy and keep the steelbook that I picked up in perfect condition

Edit: or are u talkin about the steelbook inside the deluxe edition? U still should be able to I guess

bread's done
Back