2. Collector's Edition Games - January to March
  3. Collector's Edition Games - April to June
  4. Collector's Edition Games - July to September
  5. Collector's Edition Games - October to December
  6. Collector Edition Games - TBA to 2022
  7. Extra Space

Deals: (Updated 12/14/20)

FAQ: 
  • What is this thread? A massive collection of limited edition games & other attributing items, included with links. 
  • Why put it all in one thread? More traffic due to collaborating interests.
  • Why is that important? This keeps the thread popular and doesn't risk a failed CE from falling through the cracks unnoticed. 
  • What can be discussed here? Anything relevant to what is posted.
  • Why make another CE compilation? Karma. 
  • Where are the big pictures? Still here, scroll down. Due to the increased number of CEs, a preface post is needed. 
  • When is the Final Fantasy XVI CE? Not announced. Granted, IF it does, you can bet I will devote an entire page to it. 
  • What about other CEs that have been announced? Give me a minute. It takes a bit of time to format the title, price, date, & retailer links in correctly.
  • What about the Book/Steelbook/Console/Misc. Picture Posts? I condensed the thread. Not necessary to include pictures for all those items. They will still be included in the Everything List post. 

Graveyard: 
Old Official Collector's Edition Compilations

XI - 2020

X - 2019

IX - 2018

VIII - 2017 & 2018

VII - 2017

VI - 2016 & 2017

V - 2016

IV - 2015 & 2016

III - 2014 & 2015

II - 2013 & 2014

I - 2011, 2012, & 2013

Legend: 
  • (OOS) = Out of Stock
  • CE = Collector's Edition Game
  • LE = Limited Edition
  • BK = Strategy Guide, Art Book, and/or Lore Book
  • SB = Steelbook
  • CC = Console and/or Controller
  • MC = Miscellaneous
  • Anything linked means it exists. If not it hasn't been announced yet.

Major Retailers: 
Patch Notes: (Updated 12/18/20)
12/18/20 - Version 1.2

• Added:
  • [CE] Fallen Legion: Revenants: [NISA]
  • [LE] Theme Park Simulator: [Amazon UK]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated:
12/17/20 - Version 1.1

• Added:
  • [CE] Bloodlines 2: [Paradox]
  • [CE] Terminator: Resistance[TBA]
  • [CE] Ys Ix: Monstrum Nox: [NISA]
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
12/14/20 - Version 1.0

• Added:
  • Official Collector's Edition Compilation XII - 2021
  • Deals:
  • Fixed:
  • Updated: 
  •  

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there was a FFVII Remake Deluxe Edition that include a Steelbook, but I don't think there ever was an extra separate bonus Steelbook for Remake. The Intergrade Steelbook was really hard to get and some Gamestop did not have enough to fill their preorders reservation.
And the worst part is almost all the Gamestop steelbook has some dents and scratches. I brought 3 copies and they all have some damage

I don't think that's right... excluding special edition steelbooks, I'm pretty sure this is what store had what for the FF releases in recent years:
Remake - nothing
Remake Intergrade - Gamestop
Crisis Core - BestBuy
FFXVI - BestBuy
Rebirth - BestBuy
The Intergrade Steelbook was also available at the Square Enix Store. I got them mine there to avoid Gamestop. It cost more due to shipping charges, but worth it in the end since it came in good condition.

The Intergrade Steelbook was also available at the Square Enix Store. I got them mine there to avoid Gamestop. It cost more due to shipping charges, but worth it in the end since it came in good condition.

Damn, I wish I knew. I imported a copy from Amazon Germany for like $140. They shipped in a chipboard mailer and the steelbook arrived bent across the front, horizontally, but the game was fine. I was pissed off to all hell, eps since the return process was a huge pain in the ass.

This discussion from the last couple of days had me buggin. I had to go back and see what I have. There has been a few different editions of FF7 remake, and it's all very confusing.

FF7-remake-1.jpg

The one on top is the one that came with the Deluxe Edition, and I guess that there wasn't an additional pre-order bonus. Then there was that Intergrade steelbook bonus later from Gamestop, and they all came individually and mostly scratched. That must have been when the PS5 disc launched.

FF16-1.jpg

Then there was FF16 and it's associated steelbooks. The one on the bottom came with the Deluxe Edition, and the top one was a Best Buy pre-order exclusive.

I guess that there wasn't an additional FF7 remake (original PS4) steelbook pre-order bonus that I had been imagining. Even the expensive SquareEnix store CE had the same steelbook as the Deluxe Edition. Same with upcoming Rebirth CE; same steelbook as the Deluxe Edition. So by not ordering either of the absurd CEs, you were not missing out on the any of the steels. Finally, Best Buy has it's own exclusive pre-order bonus steelbook for Rebirth once again; having pre-ordered the Deluxe edition from them got you both versions of steelbooks. But the bundling is gone now.

(That is where I am at right now. I'm sure there's some wrong information in there somewhere, please take it easy on me 😉. I will be editing it.)

Last edited:
You can see why I would be confused.

Final-Fantasy-G2-steels.jpg

There have been so many different versions since PS4 gen, including a few official EU imports. Now there is at least one Switch sized steelbook too. I believe that is the only one that was mass market retail.

While searching, I stumbled upon this: What is the deal with this Fantasybox webstore? This is my first time seeing it. They appear to be custom, fan-made versions for gouging.

FF7-remake-1.jpg

The one on top is the one that came with the Deluxe Edition, and I guess that there wasn't an additional pre-order bonus. Then there was that Intergrade steelbook bonus later from Gamestop, and they all came individually and mostly scratched. That must have been when the PS5 disc launched.

Maybe it's just because of the picture, but yours doesn't look like it has any damage, at least not on the back. The back of mine is badly messed up.

Square Enix Rewards FFVII Rebirth Gold Saucer Glitter Globe is available. Require 2000 points though

Wow... that's insane. I have 800 points so at this rate, I'll have enough point to get it buy the time Final Fantasy VII RemakeRebirthRegret Remake Collectors Edition comes out.

Got my P3R Aigis Edition today, it's honestly a pretty good package. Just wish it came with a steelbook for the price they were asking. Gonna listen to the OST on the way to work tmrw.

It probably won't happen... but I am hoping these sit long enough to go on sale. Wasn't interested in paying $200 for it, especially since it's on GamePass, but I will buy it for $100!

It probably won't happen... but I am hoping these sit long enough to go on sale. Wasn't interested in paying $200 for it, especially since it's on GamePass, but I will buy it for $100!
Doubt it. I see $140 cheapest since it’s a good remake. Although the price could plumit now that rumors of a complete edition coming out have surfaced

SF6 CE is $120 @ Amazon... trying to decide if I want to cop and give my friend my vanilla copy on PS5, or just get the Xbox version, or pass altogether...

Ended up buying the PS4 version for $70

Last edited:
I am VERY confident in saying P4 does NOT need a remake lol. Any why don’t they just make Persona 1 then Persona 2 lol. Why do they keep working in the wrong order.
They aren’t confident that 1 & 2 would do well since they don’t have social links. Adding them in may be more work than they want to do.

I'm honestly getting tired of the whole HS student character formula. If P6 is gonna do that again, I hope they think outside the box and like, make it in another country or have an exchange student or something instead of just another Japanese student from another school.

I would give the OG another try, but trying to get my PSP back up and running right is more trouble than it's worth (lol, not really, I just need an extended battery cover).

Have to catch up on the new comments since I brought up the FF steel books. Here’s a new oddity…

best buy has officially or unofficially made all talks of the exclusive steelbook for FF7 rebirth disappear. The gallery image saying exclusive steel book has been removed on the product page, the free steelbook with purchase text is gone, and internally, the SKU is all zeros for orders, incoming, or availability. I wonder if it is actually been canceled.

Have to catch up on the new comments since I brought up the FF steel books. Here’s a new oddity…

best buy has officially or unofficially made all talks of the exclusive steelbook for FF7 rebirth disappear. The gallery image saying exclusive steel book has been removed on the product page, the free steelbook with purchase text is gone, and internally, the SKU is all zeros for orders, incoming, or availability. I wonder if it is actually been canceled.

Given how the Deluxe Edition sold out everywhere, I'm guessing demand for this game is way higher than it was for Remake. I still have it on my order... now I just hope they don't slash the spine like they did with my Crisis Core and FF16 steelbooks.

Given how the Deluxe Edition sold out everywhere, I'm guessing demand for this game is way higher than it was for Remake. I still have it on my order... now I just hope they don't slash the spine like they did with my Crisis Core and FF16 steelbooks.

This is the first deluxe square game I did NOT preorder as all of the other ones weren’t hard to get. FF16 deluxe is readily available and discounted now too.

The worst part of spine slashes is when it’s on a steelbook inside a SEALED collectors edition. My Spider-Man PS4 CE and ghost of Tsushima CE steels both had spine cuts from the factory. The CE packaging was mint and not tampered with. I reached out to both studios and received zero help or replacement.

Square Enix Rewards FFVII Rebirth Gold Saucer Glitter Globe is available. Require 2000 points though

This program still exists?!? Wow.

I used to get the yearly membership rewards from them. Gave away so many codes to members here over the years.

idk guess I have to wait for UPS to update the shipping manifest to see the weight of the shipment

I did too but I think it's coming directly from overseas. I'm pretty sure that's what happened with the Remake CE from SE store- so from when I got the shipping notice to have I actually got it, it was like 2 weeks/basically at the release date.

I’m starting to get the impression Square is really scaling back on physical print runs for their games these days. They haven’t reprinted Remake Intergrade for PS5 despite new prices climbing to over $200 on EBay, the whole limited print/release for Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster, and Best Buy and Target don’t have many of the other Square releases for this gen in stock anymore, even relatively recent releases such as Crisis Core (Switch is still available at Best But though) or Star Ocean Divine Force.

Amusingly enough though, there’s still some PS2 and even a PSP game available on SquareEnix’s own website though. But even there, their own website doesn’t even seem to have Crisis Core PS5 available anymore.

So umm..."The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood" is getting a Collector's Edition...apparently the only criticism it had on Steam was that one of the character's fans loved couldn't be romanced.
As a result the devs/publisher made the CE very...nsfw.

(Click on the spoiler to see the image, remember it is NSFW)

Untitled.png

So umm..."The Cosmic Wheel Sisterhood" is getting a Collector's Edition...apparently the only criticism it had on Steam was that one of the character's fans loved couldn't be romanced.
As a result the devs/publisher made the CE very...nsfw.

(Click on the spoiler to see the image, remember it is NSFW)

Odd shape for a SteelBook...

UPS manifest updated, 10.2 lbs shipment to be delivered Feb 15, let see if the game included. If true somebody fucked up BIG TIME

Did you ever end up getting this? I know some people got a shipping notice and saw their item actually received by UPS/moving. Mine still just says waiting package...

fuck me for paying $160 for this from Atlus store when they made it out to be a Atlus store exclusive... fingers crossed P3 Remake Ends up there.
I probably would buy if it were the Xbox version... but already bought the PS4 CE of P5R and I already started the next-gen version on Game Pass. Atlus is still bogus for not including the upgrade for the PS4 version of P5R.

Has anyone heard anything about a release date for the Baldur's Gate Deluxe Physical? I haven't seen anything but figured I'd ask.

bread's done
Back