Official E3 2008 Thread

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']it took upto the ps3 for sony to end production of the ps1. so if we try to assume the same for ps2, then that will be a long long time. if i'm correct, the ps3 is to last 10 years according to the sony reps. so ps3 is released in 2006 and 10 years later would be 2016. so the end production for ps2 would be 2016 when the next playstation system is announced assuming that sony does decide to release a system at that time.

that is 16 years, ps2 released in 2000 and production ends in 2016.[/quote]

but what else can be possibly be released on the ps2? Kids games? Semi-Old JRPGs/ Anime Fighting games? Sports Games? I wonder if Madden 2016 will make it to the Ps2 before your said death year of the system.

Well kotaku is reporting that MS was indeed going to show a new Bungie Halo. However they pulled it yesterday after seeing that Sony and Nintendo were not bringing much to E3 this year in their presentiations. That they felt like they have already won E3 so why not keep Halo to unveil at a later event.

[quote name='msdmoney']Nintendo thanks you for helping them meet demand.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention scalpers who'll love to flip on them as well.

it's funny about microsofts presentation because when they showed two things that followed the wii, it only proves that the wii is successful over them. microsoft is using the channel and mii concepts which were implemented by nintendo. try to be original. the only moment microsoft had was the anouncement of ff13. the 60gb version is due to netflix since you'll be downloading movies and you'll need the storage.

sony's was the worst as they keep talking about exclusives. one of their exclusives is going to microsoft [ff13] and nintendo [monster hunter]. who the hell are they trying to fool here. then sony tries to do what microsoft is doing, those multimedia. another one trying to copy someone else. try to be original.

i'm amazed that microsoft hasn't decided to increase the prices for their online services due to their constant increases in providing content, expecially netflix.

$30 dollars for greatest hits?! what happened to $20. the ps1 and ps2 both had $20 games, now the ps3 will be $30.

[quote name='pochaccoheaven']it's funny about microsofts presentation because when they showed two things that followed the wii, it only proves that the wii is successful over them. microsoft is using the channel and mii concepts which were implemented by nintendo. try to be original. the only moment microsoft had was the anouncement of ff13. the 60gb version is due to netflix since you'll be downloading movies and you'll need the storage.

sony's was the worst as they keep talking about exclusives. one of their exclusives is going to microsoft [ff13] and nintendo [monster hunter]. who the hell are they trying to fool here. then sony tries to do what microsoft is doing, those multimedia. another one trying to copy someone else. try to be original.

i'm amazed that microsoft hasn't decided to increase the prices for their online services due to their constant increases in providing content, expecially netflix.

$30 dollars for greatest hits?! what happened to $20. the ps1 and ps2 both had $20 games, now the ps3 will be $30.[/quote]

You'll still need a netflix subscription though and I don't see whats wrong with the greatest hit lines being $30, since the 360 lines are $30 too.

Project Origin is lookin' pretty good, if it plays just as good or even better than the original, I'll be enjoying it :D. What I wanna know is what happened to the guy you played as in F.E.A.R. :(
Also, when they say sequel, do they start from the end of FEAR or the expansion packs? I don't believe Monolith was behind the expansions (because I have no clue) so I'm curious

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Project Origin is lookin' pretty good, if it plays just as good or even better than the original, I'll be enjoying it :D. What I wanna know is what happened to the guy you played as in F.E.A.R. :(
Also, when they say sequel, do they start from the end of FEAR or the expansion packs? I don't believe Monolith was behind the expansions (because I have no clue) so I'm curious[/quote]
It starts
30 minutes before half the city explodes in the ending
and Monolith didn't create the expansions so I think they're just ignoring them and forging ahead with the story they want.

[quote name='Predator21281']It starts
30 minutes before half the city explodes in the ending
and Monolith didn't create the expansions so I think they're just ignoring them and forging ahead with the story they want.[/quote]
gotcha, hopefully they ignore the expansions, despite
the shock of watching my partner get smashed, broken, then explode (it scared me but also couldn't help but watch it over and over again :/), because I really didn't like the plot in the expansions, it pretty much nullified anything the protagonist did in FEAR.

On that GH:WT article - I wonder what happens when you plug a GHWT drumset in for RB2 though. I guess un-used instruments FTL.

Quick thoughts:

Nintendo's press conference was just embarrassing. Absolutely terrible. I'm extremely disappointed that there were no announcements of "core" traditional games that we were promised. Really just a big huge mess. So that's all I have to say about Nintendo this year.

Now, Microsoft and Sony were both boring as hell to watch, maybe because my interest in gaming is waning, but I was just doing a by-the-numbers comparison of the two, and I got this:

Microsoft demoed 5 games. Sony demoed 1.
Microsoft showed 16 trailers and game montages. Sony showed 9.
Microsoft had 12 games with release dates announced or mentioned in the conference. Sony had 4.
Microsoft spent 2 minutes before ever getting to showing us a single videogame. Sony took 12.

An objective look at the thing, and it's no wonder Microsoft decided to postpone the Halo announcement. It would almost be embarrassing to announce a new Bungie game at that awful E3.

sony is going to offer downloads for movies?! i don't understand why sony is offering movie downloads when they have the blu-ray system for that. they kept pushing for blu-ray and when they were success they then offer movie download service. what would be the advantage for download service compared to owning a blu ray movie?

the $30 price for greatest hits probably hints that they're loosing a lot more then they have hoped for and is probably informing us that they're trying to narrow they're loses from system sales and such.

nintendo's was awesomely aweful. they didn't have much to show other then the new add-on that makes the wii remote more accurate and the game that will show and prove it's purpose. though the news about conduit was very promising [this wasn't e3, though].

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pochaccoheaven']the $30 price for greatest hits probably hints that they're loosing a lot more then they have hoped for and is probably informing us that they're trying to narrow they're loses from system sales and such.[/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. Platinum Hits on 360 is $30 as well. This was exactly what was expected.

F@NB0Y$ put up their e3 comic:
20080718.jpg

I didn't get a chance to watch the Nintendo conference in full.

And I will never get the chance. Just tried to watch the first 6 minutes... holy fucking shit.

This is why you don't get some bigwig from marketing to do these things (no offence to anyone here that may working in that department), let alone start them off. Those few minutes I watched was worse than being fed a PowerPoint presentation.

Gotta say that MS gave a pretty nice show, especially when you compare to the sad Nintendo offerings. That was a heartbreaker.

When does GDC start? At gamevideos.com they have a video of behind the scenes of GDC.... I didn't even know it was coming up. That must mean its soon.

bread's done
Back