Official E3 2008 Thread

Mag looks awesome, I dunno how it will work out though with that many people. Will your 13 year old squad-mate follow the chain of command? I don't think so.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Good luck actually getting a 256 player game going. Although I do want to hear what 128 player voice chat sounds like.[/quote]

Lol, Ive heard 16 in a Halo game and its not so good. However, it is 8 person Squad based, so you will not hear everyone. Much like Battle Field Bad Company.

I don't follow sony much, but I enjoyed the look at the psp games. Was there any surprises for the ps enthusiasts out there? I mean, I enjoy my 360, it is my primary console and the FFXIII announcement was great for me. Were there anything in sony's of that magnatude? I'm asking because I've been in and out of the room and, from what I saw, if I owned a ps3, I would be excited about Resistance 2, LBP, Infamous, DCUonline, and MAG, but none of those were really big surprises, were they?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Although I do want to hear what 128 player voice chat sounds like.[/QUOTE]
I'll give you an idea;
"fuck fuck shitballs why $$$$er get your jew face outfuck whore trailer your mother fuck you and your bad teeth"

[quote name='spoo']I'll give you an idea;
"fuck fuck shitballs why $$$$er get your jew face outfuck whore trailer your mother fuck you and your bad teeth"[/QUOTE]

Wtf.

Copy and paste that 127 more times, bitch!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']best of the 3 by far. surprised to see Valkyrie Chronicles on PSP :)

Fat Princess is a must for me now.

also, best Pie charts and numbers ever done. bravo.[/QUOTE]

Dont see why. Best presentation I could agree with but MS in theirs announced a price drop and that they had stolen a major major game from Sony. Sony on the other hand only showed mag and GoW3 on the new end and the GoW3 trailer was hardly even that.....it was like 3 seconds. I'm not saying I think MS beat them badly or anything but I cant see saying Sony won let alone to say they won by far.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Dont see why. Best presentation I could agree with but MS in theirs announced a price drop and that they had stolen a major major game from Sony. Sony on the other hand only showed mag and GoW3 on the new end and the GoW3 trailer was hardly even that.....it was like 3 seconds. I'm not saying I think MS beat them badly or anything but I cant see saying Sony won let alone to say they won by far.[/QUOTE]

"best I don't see why" can be said to any of the pressers. it was best for me at least.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']best of the 3 by far[/QUOTE]

I can almost keep a straight face if you believe it was the best of the three, but adding the "by far" means you have bought a one way ticket to Fantasyland.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']"best I don't see why" can be said to any of the pressers. it was best for me at least.[/QUOTE]

Meh if you would have said best I might not have responded but best by far implies they had something big to me.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Sony showed more games, but MS gets credit for having more specific release dates (and just more release dates)[/QUOTE]

...for largely multiplatform software.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Dont see why. Best presentation I could agree with but MS in theirs announced a price drop and that they had stolen a major major game from Sony. Sony on the other hand only showed mag and GoW3 on the new end and the GoW3 trailer was hardly even that.....it was like 3 seconds. I'm not saying I think MS beat them badly or anything but I cant see saying Sony won let alone to say they won by far.[/quote]

You mean liquidation, right? Cause the 20GB as far as I know is going the way of the 20 and 60 GB PS3s.

ok instead of far I'll say a certain distance... i forget people interpret what words you use to varying extents.

I'm just saying it made me happy, and that it dosn't make everyone else happy, which is entirely true.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Good luck actually getting a 256 player game going. Although I do want to hear what 128 player voice chat sounds like.[/quote]

You won't get to hear it since nobody on PSN has a mic.

[quote name='Magus8472']...for largely multiplatform software.[/QUOTE]

Thats why I didnt mention all the games they showed. More then half of what they showed off was on another console. I dont understand why developers do that!

After watching them in person, I'd have to say overall the pressers this year were meh compared to previous years...

360 had the best press conference IMO.

Did they say if the 80 gig core unit would get rid of backwards compatibility? I didn't like how there were no price drops announced. MS is phasing the 20 out and replacing it with the 60 at the same $350 price. Sony is phasing the 40 out and replacing it with an eighty gig hard drive at $399. No psp drop, just a different bundle.

One advantage that MS has in these shows is that they're doing a press conference for one console... Sony has to do it for 3 and Nintendo has to do it for 2. The best thing is that Sony showed a lot of games, a lot of diverse games. I have a bad feeling that the 80gb PS3 is just going to confuse consumers into thinking that they got a PS3 w/ BC.

[quote name='Thomas96']One advantage that MS has in these shows is that they're doing a press conference for one console... Sony has to do it for 3 and Nintendo has to do it for 2. The best thing is that Sony showed a lot of games, a lot of diverse games. I have a bad feeling that the 80gb PS3 is just going to confuse consumers into thinking that they got a PS3 w/ BC.[/quote]

That's a really good point actually. Sony probably spent about half their conference talking about the PSP and PS2 (random sales stuff included) so they didn't really have any time to do the hands on stuff that Microsoft did in their conference.

[quote name='Thomas96']One advantage that MS has in these shows is that they're doing a press conference for one console... Sony has to do it for 3 and Nintendo has to do it for 2. The best thing is that Sony showed a lot of games, a lot of diverse games. I have a bad feeling that the 80gb PS3 is just going to confuse consumers into thinking that they got a PS3 w/ BC.[/QUOTE]

Truthfully, Sony didn't really show me anything that would convince me to buy a ps3. The price is right, but I'm just not seeing games I want on the system.

[quote name='Wyatt']That's a really good point actually. Sony probably spent about half their conference talking about the PSP and PS2 (random sales stuff included) so they didn't really have any time to do the hands on stuff that Microsoft did in their conference.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. First off they have done it in the past but second are you telling me there wasnt alot of stuff that couldnt have been cut from that show? They could have cut LBP and the sales charts which was just my dicks bigger then your stuff, they could have cut GoW3 trailer since it was pointless, they could have cut displaying all the PS3 and PSP multi platform titles and just focused on hands on time with the titles that they are releasing exclusive.

I think they didnt show it because the PS3 is pretty pathetic at the moment. I still think it will end up being the number 1 system this generation.....but my confidence is dying.

Just read the blogs today on gs (and watched yesterday's ms conf) and I feel like I liked Sony's the most. For some reason, it seemed like they had more to offer (I don't even own a Ps3 yet...psp though). Also, Gamespot was pretty screwy when I read it...movie rentals and the R&C game are 99cents? If so, no wonder I liked their conf. so much...if not, then they were all equally "not bad".

What shocked me and what I look forward to getting: Resistance psp, GTA ds, Wii Music (now I need to get WiiFit!), WiiSports Resort and Banjo XBLA. Maybe LocoRoco 2.

Good to see no redesigns of the portables as everyone imagined. (hate to have my stuff devaule...lol)

Overall, a solid showing from all. Nintendo surprised me by not showing any of their "killer apps" (aside from Animal Crossing) but announcing gta ds (whoa!), Sony did with their PS3 80gb price drop (I personally don't think they needed to do that...unless mgs4 sales were dwindling and needed to compete with the new 360 price), Microsoft not so much (but still a good showing...don't care too much for FFXIII anyways).

Wonder what Bungie's gunna do...and whatever Nintendo means by this:
[10:10] Fils-Aime addresses charges that the DS and Wii are fads. He said they're not, and paradigm shifts like this often spawn imitators. He talks about moving beyond the current thing and into the next big thing. He thanks the audience for attending, and says they'll feel that next big thing in Nintendo's games over the next few days of the show.

Oh and the LBP "numbers" presentation seemed to be very creative...that could be why I enjoyed it (sony's pc) so much.

This E3 was really disappointing. Or at least the big 3 press conferences were. MAG looks/sounds cool but it's all pre-rendered and extremely far down the line. FFXIII on the 360 is nice. Nintendo was the biggest disappointment though, they just touted their inflated egos and the fact that they can abandon their hardcore supporters that have been there since the start. Wii Sports Resort? fuck, I'm selling my Wii. And to quote Strell:
[quote name='Strell']THIS IS THE WORST E3 EVER.

There.

I feel a little better now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, after Sony's keynote, the PS3 is officially doomed. I was expecting a megaton announcement, but instead...Resistance on PSP? LoL. MAG? LOL.

I can't believe Jack gave his presentation with a straight face. Most of the titles that were shown will ALSO be available on the 360. I don't think the average joe will care about Buzz, Rag Doll Kung Fu, or inFAMOUS. LOL!

Epic fail Sony, epic fail. It was fun while it lasted guys...but it'll truly be the end of an era. Nail in the coffin after the worst E3 press conference ever. Pack your bags guys, 'cause the console wars are OVAH!

Man, Microsoft must have been laughing backstage yesterday. Wada was all like "Btw guys OOOOH MUTHAFUKKIN FFXIII on the 360 bitches!"

All hope...is lost. At this point I want the 360 to succeed. They're just making all the right decisions. Their new HDD installation capabilities, Netflix integrations, and jRPG announcements have impressed the hell out of me. Microsoft the new Sony? BELIEVE.

P.S. WTF Nintendo still fails at life. Their press conference was worse than Sony's. GTA on DS? LOOOOOOOOOOOL!

[quote name='Foo228']
Wonder what Bungie's gunna do...and whatever Nintendo means by this:
[10:10] Fils-Aime addresses charges that the DS and Wii are fads. He said they're not, and paradigm shifts like this often spawn imitators. He talks about moving beyond the current thing and into the next big thing. He thanks the audience for attending, and says they'll feel that next big thing in Nintendo's games over the next few days of the show.
[/QUOTE]

While I'm basically 100% sure that was just exaggeration and bullshit, I did notice that he kept using the word "advantage."

I doubt that has any significance, but usually when I notice something like that, it ends up coming back in a noticeable way.

OK I didn't watch the Sony press conference, but I read the Joystiq notes. For those who saw it, did Jack Tretton really say this in the beginning of the presentation?
He recounts Jack Palance's one handed pushup: "And thanks to my job and my bi-annual workout regiment, you're not likely to see that here. But Jack Pallance is dead and I'm still here ..."
If he did, wow! That's some way to start a keynote!

[quote name='Yipwoop']
He recounts Jack Palance's one handed pushup: "And thanks to my job and my bi-annual workout regiment, you're not likely to see that here. But Jack Pallance is dead and I'm still here ..."
If he did, wow! That's some way to start a keynote![/QUOTE]

Yes he did say that it got a few stunned/awkward laughs.

[quote name='Yipwoop']OK I didn't watch the Sony press conference, but I read the Joystiq notes. For those who saw it, did Jack Tretton really say this in the beginning of the presentation?
If he did, wow! That's some way to start a keynote![/quote] Yeah, my jaw dropped a bit when I heard him say that.

[quote name='y2kenjination']I can't believe Jack gave his presentation with a straight face. Most of the titles that were shown will ALSO be available on the 360.[/QUOTE]

The same can be said the other way around. And, thinking about it, why shouldn't this be the state of things? With exclusivity being what it is these days we should probably expect the console devs simultaneously touting the same multiplatform third party titles as par for the course.

I ended up posting this to the Wii forum before I found the official E3 2008 thread, but Nintendo's Online Press Kit is up. I've been checking it out during E3 over the last few years.

http://press.nintendo.com/E32008/
username: E32008
password: nintendo

Username is case-sensitive. Have fun, guys (and gals).

Was it just me or were half of the games sony showed in that little montage at the end of the press conference multiplatform?

And also is there statement true when they said they have the most exclusives on the ps3. like 70 or something. I woulda guessed the wii has more since they are never ported. But whatever. Microsoft won this e3 even though that doesn't really mean shit.

LOLtacular at whomever wrote the tags for this thread.

When does the Capcom conference start? I read somewhere else that AC is Nov. 16 of this year? I'm guessing the mic drops the same day? So it's pretty much that and WarioLand Shake for the rest of the year... maybe I'll just sell my Wii and get a 360 tomorrow.

yeah does anyone know if some site will be showing the capcom conference coming up in like 20 min? Or a site that will do a play by play. Very interested in street fighter 4 and am praying Tatsunoko vs Capcom comes stateside WAHHHHH

So apparently Nintendo and Sony's conference were so underwhelming that Microsoft decided to with-hold Bungie's Wednesday announcement that they've been building up.
Reboot_homePage_04.jpg

Of course this could be apart of the viral marketing given the clues previously given...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dastly75']So apparently Nintendo and Sony's conference were so underwhelming that Microsoft decided to with-hold Bungie's Wednesday announcement that they've been building up.[/QUOTE]

It's a trap.

bread's done
Back