Official E3 2008 Thread

[quote name='XXXplosive1']Wow Penny Arcade Adventures looks more and more like a ripoff. I will buy quest for booty day one.[/QUOTE]

Same here. And damn this Car thing is BOOOOORING! Then again there are alot of rich kids buying PS3s that probally care about that crap.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Last thing im saying to you because you just dont get this. Its changed because the quality games are no longer what they are focusing on, nor are we seeing the titles as fast as we used to nor as center stage. I conceded the event isnt over but its rare that a developer saves their big stuff for after the conferences because thats the main showcase.
[/quote]
More absurdity. We are getting them at a faster rate than ever before, outside of the original NES with 3 Super Mario games and 2 Zelda games. Lets take a look at a cross section of some of Nintendo's first party offerings over the last 3 generations:

SNES:

Super Mario World 8/91
A Link to the Past 4/92
Super Mario Kart 9/92
Star Fox 2/93
Super Metroid 9/94

Nintendo 64:

Super Mario 64 - 11/96
Mario Kart 64 - 2/97
Star Fox 64 - 7/97
Ocarina of Time - 12/98
Smash Bros - 4/99
Majora's Mask - 10/2000

Gamecube:

Smash Bros Melee - 12/01
Mario Sunshine - 8/02
Starfox Adventures - 9/02
Windwaker - 3/03
Metroid Prime - 3/03
Double Dash - 11/03
Metroid Prime 2 - 11/04
Twilight Princess - 12/06

True, Mario Kart has sucked since the original as well as the GC StarFox iterations, but Galaxy, Twilight Princess, Metroid 3 and Smash were stellar, and within 18 months.

Now to go ahead with your claim, you have to tell me that how 18 months looks different from any of the following spreads. Otherwise, you have to conceed that part of your argument.

Sample Nintendo IP that has yet to be released on Wii

F-Zero
Star Fox
Pilotwings
Wave Race
Pikmin
Kid Icarus
Kirby
Animal Crossing (though we just heard about this today)
Custom Robo
Golden Sun
Punch-Out
1080 Snowboarding
Chibi-Robo

Some core Third party titles that we know of but 'oh noes' they havent been shown this week: Being that none of these are new announcements, I believe there is more to come.

Fatal Frame 3
Monster Hunter 3
Oboro Muramasa Youtonden
Madworld
Fragile
Tales of Symphonia
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Spore
Deadly Creatures
Arc Rise
Soul Eater
Crystal Chronicles Wii

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I found the GT TV stuff interesting. Anyway, Jack's shirt is too big. It's driving me nuts.[/QUOTE]

This. Car races from around the world kicks ass.

Hm. Movie rentals. Will be interesting to see how it goes up against the 360's Netflix. Progressive downloading sounds like a good feature.

EDIT: Ooh, PSP support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I just hate the speaker, his stumbling over all his words just made him slightly worse than the nintendo chick...or maybe just equally bad.

The PSP segment will be the moment of truth for me at least.

EDIT: Hm... Looks like the Ratchet will replace the Daxter bundle.
Resistance PSP... not bad. Not bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda annoying that instead of giving a long overdue price drop for the PS2 and IMO slightly overdue for the PSP they freaking just rebundle the damn things.

Resistance for PSP looks pretty good for a portable game. I just can't see dropping that much money for one right now

I was on gamespot and it just ... stopped. I had to reload the page and missed what he was going on about up until this DC trailer.

Edit: Yeah no. I'm probably not going to get a PS3 for another 6 years.

[quote name='ninja dog']wow, no PS3 announcements yet, eh? is it that bad?[/QUOTE]

Some might be excited but iv not really seen anything yet. LBP still looks cool and home has potential. R&C DLC for $15 owns. Outside that nah not really.

he compared 80 to a 40 gig with double the hard drive space. Does the 80 gig core include ability to play some ps2 games? I missed it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Introducing 80 gig with the same functionality as the 40 gig....doesnt that mean....less functionality?[/QUOTE]

Damn, they had me until the no BC part.

im watching on G4 with no issues.

Not impressed with the DC Online MMO, they showed no player interaction at all.

And now we have developers taking turns jerking off the PS3

[quote name='Strell']THIS IS THE WORST E3 EVER.

There.

I feel a little better now.[/QUOTE]

Dont know about ever but it is really dull.

Are you people serious? LBP? The more I see LBP the more I want to slap babies, not want it. This is the sorta shit that belongs on the Wii. Im telling you, that game will get boring after a week

blah3.gif

^

[quote name='KillJoi99']Are you people serious? LBP? The more I see LBP the more I want to slap babies, not want it. This is the sorta shit that belongs on the Wii. Im telling you, that game will get boring after a week[/quote]

God, I would love that "shit" to be on the wii, because honestly, that is the only game shown, so far, in the conference that might give me reason to purchase a ps3

bread's done
Back