Official Everything Resident Evil Thread (deals, reviews etc

[quote name='whoknows']Wow, 9.6 that is really good, and 9.8 at IGN. Soo excited for this game as I am sure many of you also are. Too bad Gamestop won't get it till Wednesday... :([/quote]

My local gamerushes aren't getting them until tomorrow either, can't wait to trade in 3 games and get if for $30! :D

HOLY CRAP...this game is incredible.

i was leary about picking it up becuase i couldnt stand the other RE titles. well worth the 50 bucks people. go buy it now, dont wait for a price drop!

Someone asked me to post my rain check on the other thread so here it is.

raincheck38986yx.jpg

Edit: i need a new place to host pics any one gota idea?

ok i got the soundtrack with my tin plus the guide for free from my local gamestop.. the sound track is only wile supplies last. that could be why some of you are not getting the soundtrack. i read in another thread that some wanna call up, but wont work gamestop site even says wile supplies last... but i was shocked when he said heres your guide also... i said i didnt buy it he said no its free for those who pre order the tin.. not sure if its nation wide or just my local gamestop.. i was not planning on getting the guide but for free heck ya...

heres a pic of the tin...
re4.jpg

[quote name='twiztidjester']Someone asked me to post my rain check on the other thread so here it is.

raincheck3898.jpg

Edit: i need a new place to host pics any one gota idea?[/quote]

Open a new photobucket account.

I like this game so far for the most part. There are some thing that I don't like however. One is the character models go through some some the walls and other items. For example, this one guy was standing behind a door, but his arm and weapon were through the door. Others I can not say without spoilers, so I won't say anything.

My soundtrack has yet to ship :(. I e-mailed GamStop and have yet to get an answer. I will post the message hear when I do get an answer back.

For once, a game this generation that lives up to it's hype. My hat goes off to the Capcom team behind RE4, trullly the best horror game I've ever played, de-crowning RE2. I was in luck, I didn't pre-order it and called in to see if they had any RE4's up for sale at my local EB store only had two copies left, everything thing else was claimed, me and some other guy is extremly happy tonight. :D

Damn, that pic of the tin just makes me want it more. I have to wait till tomorrow to get my hands on the sweet and precious RE4 Collectors tin.....Its decided I am skipping school tomorrow and waiting for Gamestop to open. Also anyone else get the free strategy guide for pre ordering like one of the people above me said? I preordered so I hope I also get the Strategy guide for free.

[quote name='whoknows']Damn, that pic of the tin just makes me want it more. I have to wait till tomorrow to get my hands on the sweet and precious RE4 Collectors tin.....Its decided I am skipping school tomorrow and waiting for Gamestop to open. Also anyone else get the free strategy guide for pre ordering like one of the people above me said? I preordered so I hope I also get the Strategy guide for free.[/quote]

No mine was offering it for 20 percent off... which was what I was told in the automated message I got confirming it would be in today (tuesday)... he must have just gotten lucky and hit a confused (or rather generous) cashier.

I did get the soundtrack too though, which they said was intended to take the place of the Demo Disc since they ran out... (I got mine when I reserved the game back in early December).

So much for playing RE4 today. I got it the CE from GS with free FedEx Overnight. It shipped yesterday, but won't be here until tomorrow. Everything was working out fine until the order tracking page stopped updating after 1:30.

Why, FedEx, why? You've always been so good to me...

Oh well, tomorrow's my last day of work before school starts, so things aren't so bad.

I used some Amazon credit to get myself a late Christmas present :D RE4 and Beyond Good and Evil should be here in the next couple of days.

Lucky for me, a friend of mine got his today, and will be coming up from Maryland tomorrow till Sunday. I get to play his copy till Amazon ships mine :cool:

The tin case actually looks better than the Halo 2 one IMO. Pretty nice little extras considering it's an extra 10$ for the SE. Man i wish i was given a free strategy guide. Now, off to play it, finally.

Edit: Ok so after playing. Here somethings i just wanna say about the game.
*****maybe spoilers?*****

From what i played so far, totally loving it. The weapon/items management is awesome and buying stuff with money is a nice change of things for the RE series. I'm just after the first part of chapter 2, pacing myself for this game. I can't handle playing games like this for long amounts of time. :?

Does anyone know if it is bad to kill the shop keeper guy. I killed him with my shotgun for fun, not expecting him to die (I thought it would be like with the police in the car). Will he come back later?

[quote name='ananag112']Does anyone know if it is bad to kill the shop keeper guy. I killed him with my shotgun for fun, not expecting him to die (I thought it would be like with the police in the car). Will he come back later?[/quote]

Well most likely not why the hell would you save?

[quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='ananag112']Does anyone know if it is bad to kill the shop keeper guy. I killed him with my shotgun for fun, not expecting him to die (I thought it would be like with the police in the car). Will he come back later?[/quote]

Well most likely not why the hell would you save?[/quote]

I didn't save, I just wanted to know what would happen. Also, are you able to sell stuff that you need to him, cause that would be dumb if you needed an item for a puzzle and you sold it to him.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='Snake2715'][quote name='ananag112']Does anyone know if it is bad to kill the shop keeper guy. I killed him with my shotgun for fun, not expecting him to die (I thought it would be like with the police in the car). Will he come back later?[/quote]

Well most likely not why the hell would you save?[/quote]

I didn't save, I just wanted to know what would happen. Also, are you able to sell stuff that you need to him, cause that would be dumb if you needed an item for a puzzle and you sold it to him.[/quote]

I dont hink so as when you go to inventory its treasures, and "keys"

I do know that some things gain value later in the game and they dont take up inventory so might as well leave them until you need the $$

[quote name='ananag112']Does anyone know if it is bad to kill the shop keeper guy. I killed him with my shotgun for fun, not expecting him to die (I thought it would be like with the police in the car). Will he come back later?[/quote]

yeah, I pulled out my TMP and shot one of the shopkeepers in the brain (the underground cavern/lake one) and he never re-appeared. There are merchants at other locations, but that one disappeared for good. I was hoping I could just grab his weapons :evil: but couldn't.. lol

I'm wondering the same thing. A few of the BBs near me were saying the 14th, but one or two said possibly today. I'm going to call this afternoon. I figure I'll wait until after 3pm, since I hear their shipments come in the afternoon. That, and I also can hold out hope as long as I don't call. :) It makes the day go by faster.

I called Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley location) today and yesterday, and it seems like I keep on being transferred to the same guy. He said has no clue if they are even getting it today, such an asshole.
Has anybody here from the So. Cal area been to Fry's to get RE:4 yet?

Hey CAG's, I was able to get a raincheck from best buy for the 2 for $30 deal when resident evil 4 was on their salespaper. Would they give me a hard time to get two resident evil 4 games (thats how many I put on the raincheck) or it manatory to give them at that price because I have the raincheck? :? Thanks.

[quote name='ragnahrok']I called Fry's Electronics (Fountain Valley location) today and yesterday, and it seems like I keep on being transferred to the same guy. He said has no clue if they are even getting it today, such an asshole.
Has anybody here from the So. Cal area been to Fry's to get RE:4 yet?[/quote]

I got mine from EB this morning, but Frys is suppose to have it today (1/12) by 4pm. Call now to see

I just got it today and all I got was the tin with the cell and the game and the prologue book thing...they didnt give me a soundtrack should I have gotten one, because I thought they were giving them out too...

[quote name='guyver2077']yea i didnt get a soundtrack either...the uy didnt even know about them...just said it was a web only[/quote]

most def. not a web only. The one near me had like 20 soundtracks

my local gamestop had teh soundtrack and was giving free guides also with teh ones who pre ordered the games both th eguide and soundtrack were while supplies last....

I wish my gamestop would have given me a free guide or atleast the soundtrack....even if its bad I still wish I could have gotten it...oh well

The back of my collectors tin is a bit scratched up, and I know I didn't do it. I saw it when I opened it, and I thought all of them are like that. I then saw a few pictures, and most were not scratched up. Do you think GameStop would give me another tin?

[quote name='ananag112']The back of my collectors tin is a bit scratched up, and I know I didn't do it. I saw it when I opened it, and I thought all of them are like that. I then saw a few pictures, and most were not scratched up. Do you think GameStop would give me another tin?[/quote]

If they have anymore left I dont see why they wouldn't.

I'd say first call Gamestop and tell them that you got it online and ask if they would change it, if they say no call or email Gamestop.com

It's a fun game, but it is annoying when you shoot off villagers head's and they turn into those octopus things.

[quote name='el bobo']It's a fun game, but it is annoying when you shoot off villagers head's and they turn into those octopus things.[/quote]

not half as annoying as a certain someone running into EVERY SINGLE BEAR TRAP IN THE GAME

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='el bobo']It's a fun game, but it is annoying when you shoot off villagers head's and they turn into those octopus things.[/quote]

not half as annoying as a certain someone running into EVERY SINGLE BEAR TRAP IN THE GAME[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='el bobo']It's a fun game, but it is annoying when you shoot off villagers head's and they turn into those octopus things.[/quote]

not half as annoying as a certain someone running into EVERY SINGLE BEAR TRAP IN THE GAME[/quote]
Yes, I can also agree with that. That person is rather annoying. I thought I was guiding them into the traps, but no. They decided to walk right into it themselves.

I'm at the first boss fight right now and its freaking amazing. Its exhilerating, and I am freaking worried about what to do to NOT die. This is the RE game I have been waiting for.

[quote name='el bobo'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='el bobo']It's a fun game, but it is annoying when you shoot off villagers head's and they turn into those octopus things.[/quote]

Yes, I can also agree with that. That person is rather annoying. I thought I was guiding them into the traps, but no. They decided to walk right into it themselves.[/quote]

after they did it for like the fifth time, I got my revenge. I put a bullet right through their brain and shut off the game

im still trying to hurry up and beat gta:sa b4 i play this...ive pounded about 10 hours into it since i received my re4ce in the mail yesterday...i checked gamefaqs and i apparantly can beat the game in about 10 missions....hopefully only a few more hours to go

[quote name='imamario02']does anyone know if the two pack form gamestop is players choice?[/quote]

From what I've seen and heard, yes

[quote name='trustcompany1013']im still trying to hurry up and beat gta:sa b4 i play this...ive pounded about 10 hours into it since i received my re4ce in the mail yesterday...i checked gamefaqs and i apparantly can beat the game in about 10 missions....hopefully only a few more hours to go[/quote]

Don't wait play it now, its a sin to have a GC and not own RE4, but its a bigger sin to own it and not be playing it....Go play RE4 now..you will not regret it...

bread's done
Back