Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as things started to re-open from the pandemic, one of the last nearby stores started a closing sale.  It's doors locked permanently about a month ago, was able to get a few decent games and OOP movies but I'm sad that there is one fewer option to browse media.

Down to only one store nearby...and when I say nearby I have to travel about 25 minutes to the next town over to visit.  It's going to really suck when that last store closes, going to video stores have been a part of my life since that first trip with dad back in 1982 to grab Star Wars for the Betamax.  

I heard there's only 1 Blockbuster Video left nationwide too there was 2 one just closed. Renting videos is just a thing of the past I guess except for Redbox for movies only, and online subscription Gamefly for games. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to bring up an old thread, but officially closing all stores. I haven't checked in on mine but they already have "Everything Must Go" up in there windows.

I went by at lunch today.  I didn't have much time, but didn't see much in PS4/X1.  The top price for a Switch game was $29.99 though so not bad for most everything with Mario in the title.

The movies were pretty badly priced, not in a good way.  Everything on the outer walls that wasn't already priced they were asking $12.99 for (Blu-Rays don't come with DVDs even).  Since it was on the outer wall in the "Superheroes" section, a beat up DVD copy of Avengers 1998 was priced at $12.99.

Grabbed a couple Switch games for $29.99 (Paper Mario, Mario Maker 2) and a couple Criterion Blu-Rays (Marriage Story $5, A Hard Day's Night $6.99).

I went to check out my nearest Family Video today and it was identical to what fmwross2 described. Lots of bizarre pricing on older movies - Animal House was $12.99, for crying out loud - and the Switch prices were absolutely the highlight.

Picked up Pokken Tournament DX for $29.99 and Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers for $19.99. Also attempted to purchase Snipperclips for $19.99, but it was still rented out lmao.

For better or worse, Family Video sales have always been extremely YMMV. I expect this to be the case here as well. Going to hit some more stores these next few days in hopes of finding more games and $1.99 movies. If I find Paper Mario: The Origami King for $30... man, I just might bust a nut.

I went by at lunch today. I didn't have much time, but didn't see much in PS4/X1. The top price for a Switch game was $29.99 though so not bad for most everything with Mario in the title.

The movies were pretty badly priced, not in a good way. Everything on the outer walls that wasn't already priced they were asking $12.99 for (Blu-Rays don't come with DVDs even). Since it was on the outer wall in the "Superheroes" section, a beat up DVD copy of Avengers 1998 was priced at $12.99.

Grabbed a couple Switch games for $29.99 (Paper Mario, Mario Maker 2) and a couple Criterion Blu-Rays (Marriage Story $5, A Hard Day's Night $6.99).
Wait are the games new or used?

I went to check out my nearest Family Video today and it was identical to what fmwross2 described. Lots of bizarre pricing on older movies - Animal House was $12.99, for crying out loud - and the Switch prices were absolutely the highlight.

Picked up Pokken Tournament DX for $29.99 and Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers for $19.99. Also attempted to purchase Snipperclips for $19.99, but it was still rented out lmao.

For better or worse, Family Video sales have always been extremely YMMV. I expect this to be the case here as well. Going to hit some more stores these next few days in hopes of finding more games and $1.99 movies. If I find Paper Mario: The Origami King for $30... man, I just might bust a nut.
I went back after work and everything was priced. What you were describing is 100% correct. If it was on the "favorites" wall it was $12.99 whether it was a fifteen year old DVD of Ghostbusters or the Blu-Ray of a Disney movie missing the second disc, DVD, and digital copy. Literally fifty or so movies I can order new on Amazon for $5 or less shipped were $13 each.

I got there just after they opened the first time and they were looking at a color coded list that seems to be sent from corporate so I'm certain most or all stores are exactly the same at least to start.

I ended up finding a couple small 2 for $3 Blu-Ray/DVD gems along with what has to be a mispriced 2 for $3 4K movie. The games I picked up the second time were Rory McIlroy PS4 $10 and Luigi's Mansion 3 $30. The copy of New Super Mario Bros Switch was rented out.

They're also selling their disc resurfacers/buffers. I was quoted "$300-$500 on the small buffers, $1000 on the large resurfacers." Which seems to be a decent price after a quick Google search.

Saw Origami King and All Stars for 30 at a local store.

I didn't get great deals on games when locations around me closed, but got some decent movie deals like 4k movies for $3.

Got a copy of godzilla ps4 for $30 at one of the locations before they were closing. Probably best deal i got from them

Went by my local store yesterday, pricing was set up as follows:

PS5 games (they had COD, Spiderman MM, Sackboy and Godfall) were 40

Non Rent 1 Get 1 Free games were 30

Switch games that were Rent 1 Get 1 Free were 20

PS4/XB1 Rent 1 Get 1 Free games were 10

Wii U/Wii/PS3/360/3DS games were 3

and DS games were 1

They didn't have much of the last 2 categories (just some random kinect games and star fox guard) but I picked up some $10 games that I can flip to GS and all the 1st party switch games (they had ARMS, BOTW, Mario Maker 2, Yoshi, Mario Tennis, Splatoon and Paper Mario)

Stopped at one store today.

Didn't actually have a whole of of stuff worth getting price wise.

Picked up Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the switch for $30.

Only deal i really liked was i was able to get a couple of there Signs one for the Nintendo Switch and one for the Wii U for $10 each which will be nice to display.

A lot of stuff had disappeared since the first day of the sale.  About half the games were already gone and all the most recent movie releases were gone.  

I was able to pick up Sinking City and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection PS4 for $10 each.  I had been wanting to get Sinking City for quite a while.

Been buying a ton of cheap 4k movies over the past few days. Re-visited a local store and saw some game prices had dropped. (Avengers $20, Death Stranding $13) but I did grab Sekiro for $10

Family video here in Greensburg, PA was pretty bleak. Did pick up Road Rage for $10 for PS4. Just wanted to buy something for making the trip there.

Stopped at the last remaining Family Video within sensible driving distance to me and saw that they had a bunch of Team Sonic Racing for Switch for $40.  Thanks, no thanks.

Stopped into the local Family Video, the Switch games still left were all a bit too pricey. Even 1-2-Switch said $40.
Stopped at the last remaining Family Video within sensible driving distance to me and saw that they had a bunch of Team Sonic Racing for Switch for $40. Thanks, no thanks.
Were these the price on the stickers, or did you confirm by having them scan the games? FV employees aren't always the quickest to update the price stickers.

Were these the price on the stickers, or did you confirm by having them scan the games? FV employees aren't always the quickest to update the price stickers.
Mine just had a "All games 19.99 unless otherwise marked" sign. That covered pretty much all the games they had left out side of a few ps3 games.

bread's done
Back