Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Attack on Titan, Tekken 7, The Last Guardian, and Rory PGA Tour for ten apiece.
Man that's crazy, the only PS4 game my store has a for sale sticker on is ME Andromeda lol.

Also meant to post it back in January but forgot, was returning some DVDs and I noticed all the PS3 games my store had for $10 were marked down to $7 or $8 instead (unfortunately forget the exact price since it was a few weeks ago.) Took advantage of that and the B1G1 50% deal to get Dark Souls and Shadows of the Damned for cheap, heck of a deal.

Man that's crazy, the only PS4 game my store has a for sale sticker on is ME Andromeda lol.

Also meant to post it back in January but forgot, was returning some DVDs and I noticed all the PS3 games my store had for $10 were marked down to $7 or $8 instead (unfortunately forget the exact price since it was a few weeks ago.) Took advantage of that and the B1G1 50% deal to get Dark Souls and Shadows of the Damned for cheap, heck of a deal.
Depending on the store's stock, there could be some great flips to GameStop. Good luck on Dark Souls.

Picked up Attack on Titan, Tekken 7, The Last Guardian, and Rory PGA Tour for ten apiece.
I checked a couple of stores by me today. Best thing i found was Wolfenstien II for (both platflorms) 19.99 and Steep for Xbox one for 9.99. Was also going to have them check prices on a couple of games like i usually do, but the employee told me they are no longer suppose to do that.

I would definitely check if I were you guys, I've been able to pick up approximately a $100 in credit a gamestop by spending a whopping $30 out of pocket at family video in the last 2 days. Simply by getting 2 copies of N CAA football 14 for the Xbox 360, 1 copy of N CAA football 14 for the playstation 3, 1 copy of WWE2K17 for the Xbox 360, and one copy of Tiger Woods 2012 the masters for the wii

My local store had Yakuza 0 and ME: Andromeda for PS4 for $10 each. Pretty sweet deal but there was only 1 copy of each.
Wow! How did they have Yakuza 0? Was this game there for awhile you think? I made the Family Dollar rounds about a month and a half ago and found nothing much but I would love to get my hands on this for $10..

Wow! How did they have Yakuza 0? Was this game there for awhile you think? I made the Family Dollar rounds about a month and a half ago and found nothing much but I would love to get my hands on this for $10..
Of 10 or more stores I've checked in Wisconsin, they all had a copy and none of them were priced for sale but all of them were in the system and sellable, so I presume you will run into some luck!

EDIT: This is the FAMILY VIDEO thread, not Family Dollar.

Other $9.99 games worth $25+ that are in the system but not labeled for sale....
As always, your ability to convince the employees to sell them is YMMV.

Divinity (PS4)
Dirt Rally (PS4/XB1)

Transformers Rise of the Dark Spark (PS4)
Game & Wario (Wii U)
Monster Jam Path of Destruction (360)

MLB 16 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
NCAA Basketball 10 (PS3/360)

Nascar 15 Victory Edition (PS3/360)
NCAA Football 14 - Save to sell in the fall for more $ (360)
Kirby's Dream Collection (Wii)

Robinson The Journey (Only saw at one store out of more than a dozen)

Other $9.99 games worth $25+ that are in the system but not labeled for sale....

Divinity (PS4)
Dirt Rally (PS4/XB1)

Game & Wario (Wii U)

MLB 16 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Robinson The Journey (Only saw at one store out of more than a dozen)
I am looking for Game & Wario WII U. Trades?

I was able to grab 4 more 360 copies of NCAA for $5.99 eqxh, 1 PS3 copy for the same, and 3 copies of Tiger Woods 12 The Master for the Wii which is worth $12. Paid $5.99 for that too. All in all spent $48 with tax and get $150 in store credit!

Divinity (PS4)
Dirt Rally (PS4/XB1)

Game & Wario (Wii U)

MLB 16 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)

Thanks! Going to try to convince the one on my way home from work to sell me Game and Wario, won't be my first time trying so maybe they will finally just do it!

EDIT: They wouldn't sell it to me. They said they will only sell games when they have more than one copy.

Just stopped by the store by me. Every Xbox 360 game (with one or two exceptions) was marked as 7.99 or 3 for 21. Not sure if this is new or not, but hadn't seen it at my store until today. 

Just stopped by the store by me. Every Xbox 360 game (with one or two exceptions) was marked as 7.99 or 3 for 21. Not sure if this is new or not, but hadn't seen it at my store until today.
Two or three stores within a ~90 minute radius did that right around the holidays. Massive Wii, PS3, and 360 purge - good times! Other stores, including some in the same towns, haven't put a single thing on sale. The inconsistency drives me insane.

Divinity (PS4)
Dirt Rally (PS4/XB1)

Game & Wario (Wii U)

MLB 16 (PS3)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)

So are these for sale in the system in every store? We've still got one area store where the DS games still ring up for $7.99 a pop, so I'm completely in the dark about how their system operates anymore.

So are these for sale in the system in every store? We've still got one area store where the DS games still ring up for $7.99 a pop, so I'm completely in the dark about how their system operates anymore.
They are in the system ay those prices but the teller might not sell them because they did the know they can, the game rents out too often, they are lazy, or they simply might only price games when instructed by corporate. All of the games I listed are in the system for 9.99 or less. Often has to do with the store manager.

I’ve never really done flipping before. Will GameStop accept multiple copies of the same game?
Come on, man. It's been ten years and this is how you use your 81st post?

tenor.gif

B1G150% on all video games until 7/15/18. Gamer Appreciation Day is on the 15th as well meaning you can rent any game for free for 5 nights. Limit 1 per account/family. Some newer/more popular games will have a $20 deposit.

Most PS3, 360, and Wii games are priced at $7.99, so it’ll be roughly $12 for two last gen games. Definitly YMMV, but tons of last gen games have good values at GameStop.

I’ll try to update the list of what’s for sale. Been slacking for a few months (maybe years) now haha.

B1G150% on all video games until 7/15/18. Gamer Appreciation Day is on the 15th as well meaning you can rent any game for free for 5 nights. Limit 1 per account/family. Some newer/more popular games will have a $20 deposit.

Most PS3, 360, and Wii games are priced at $7.99, so it’ll be roughly $12 for two last gen games. Definitly YMMV, but tons of last gen games have good values at GameStop.

I’ll try to update the list of what’s for sale. Been slacking for a few months (maybe years) now haha.
Picked up quite a bit over the last few months.. Very YMMV on first party nintendo games (Protected). Ask if they have a list of games that are to be marked for sale (YMMV), or ask to see if some games are available for purchase(hasn't been rented in 90 days).

Farming Sim 15

Monster Jam

Monster Jam POD

Amazing Spider man 2 360

Spider Man WOS 360

Zoo Tycoon

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 360

Just to name a few...

YMMV Gamer appreciation day. Free 5 night game rental and 2 weeks half price rentals.

I bought No Man's Sky for $10

Edit: They also have signs "Late fees? Let's make a deal. This weekend only."

Just visited the worst Family Video I've ever been to. Albamarle, NC so you don't waste your time. They had maybe 7 games for sale.

Vampyr is on sale for $19.99 if they have more than one copy on either system. Couldn’t pass up that price. I just see this game sort of being like Kingdom Come where it won’t get a price below $34.99 for a long time in most stores.

Vampyr is on sale for $19.99 if they have more than one copy on either system. Couldn’t pass up that price. I just see this game sort of being like Kingdom Come where it won’t get a price below $34.99 for a long time in most stores.
Thanks!! Snagged it as well. Also saw some other low prices, Prey and No Mans Sky for 10, Shadow of War and Wolfenstein for 13

Didn't see anything game wise, but I did pick up a complete GoT Season 5 on bluray for $12.99.

Also, they changed their hours.  Instead of midnight they now close at 10.   :whistle2:x

Saw a few to confirm above last night and a few extras: 

$20

Vampyr PS4

COD WW2 PS4

$13

Shadow of War PS4 

$10

Nioh PS4

Dark Souls 3 PS4

All 360, PS3, and most Wii (No mario stuff) games in the store were marked $7.99

Somewhat happy that my job has me travel. I was in a different town and swung by a family video and found a copy of Vampyr. Super interested in this since it's release but was not willing to pay full price. $20 is a steal considering you can trade it for what you pay if you don't like it! Thanks for the heads up on it. I wouldn't have gone to that store had it not been posted.

*Every* semi-local store has done the 3/$21 last gen purge EXCEPT my local store, which is a goldmine.  Literally every store within a 90 mile radius except my local store and a sister store 20 miles away managed by the same manager. 

Last week she was hitting me up about the movies she was putting sale stickers on, and I mentioned that I was more looking for games these days, and mentioned the fact that every store but hers seemed to be clearing out space (I had just been through the Springfield, MO area stores a week earlier due to a business meeting I had there). 

"That's weird, they've never told me to do that."  

I have no reason to believe she was lying, but how would she be the *only* store manager across 90s miles and three states to NOT be told to clear out some last gen stuff?

*Every* semi-local store has done the 3/$21 last gen purge EXCEPT my local store, which is a goldmine. Literally every store within a 90 mile radius except my local store and a sister store 20 miles away managed by the same manager.

Last week she was hitting me up about the movies she was putting sale stickers on, and I mentioned that I was more looking for games these days, and mentioned the fact that every store but hers seemed to be clearing out space (I had just been through the Springfield, MO area stores a week earlier due to a business meeting I had there).

"That's weird, they've never told me to do that."

I have no reason to believe she was lying, but how would she be the *only* store manager across 90s miles and three states to NOT be told to clear out some last gen stuff?
Bad management lol. All PS3, 360, and Wii games should be Rent 1, Get 1 Free and priced at $7.99 / 3 for $21 unless they’re a Nintendo game or super popular like GTA, COD, Madden, etc.

Bad management lol. All PS3, 360, and Wii games should be Rent 1, Get 1 Free and priced at $7.99 / 3 for $21 unless they’re a Nintendo game or super popular like GTA, COD, Madden, etc.
1) Is there a way to contact someone further up the chain of command and innocently ask why that's not happening?

2) So the odds she *was* lying to me are stronger than I thought?

I went to check out my local family video earlier tonight and found they closed up shop. I haven't been there for several weeks, but am curious if they had a closing sale at all.

1) Is there a way to contact someone further up the chain of command and innocently ask why that's not happening?

2) So the odds she *was* lying to me are stronger than I thought?
1) You could call corporate, but that’s a d*ck move imo haha.

2) She could be lying or just doesn’t care about the video game section of the store. I knew some managers who weren’t gamers and did the bare minimum in that section. All you really can do is keep to waiting until they eventually get rid of those sections, if ever ;(

I went to check out my local family video earlier tonight and found they closed up shop. I haven't been there for several weeks, but am curious if they had a closing sale at all.
My main store closed up shop and prices were crazy cheap. During the last few days, it was 10 items for $10. You could mix video games, movies, tv series, candy, pop, etc. and everything was essentially $1 each. It was glorious.

My main store closed up shop and prices were crazy cheap. During the last few days, it was 10 items for $10. You could mix video games, movies, tv series, candy, pop, etc. and everything was essentially $1 each. It was glorious.
The location I am talking about is in New Hope, MN. I guess I should have paid more attention. The last time i was there, they were selling a bunch of movie for $1-2 and picked up a bunch of those. The next closest stores are a bit out of the way.

The location I am talking about is in New Hope, MN. I guess I should have paid more attention. The last time i was there, they were selling a bunch of movie for $1-2 and picked up a bunch of those. The next closest stores are a bit out of the way.
Keep it on the DL, but that was the store I was talking about xD

I used to have these where I live. I never would have guessed it would out last almost every other movie rental store in existence. 

I used to have these where I live. I never would have guessed it would out last almost every other movie rental store in existence.
Don't know how much longer that is going to be. Every time I go in, there are fewer people and the store hours have been reduced. They have also been getting fewer copies of new releases.

Don't know how much longer that is going to be. Every time I go in, there are fewer people and the store hours have been reduced. They have also been getting fewer copies of new releases.
Well that could be just your store, or maybe not and maybe it will all shut down soon who knows.

Weird thing about Blockbuster is there's one store that is still open in Oregon and the owner says it's doing really well and he has no plans to shut it down. There was two that were open but the other one which was in Alaska is shutting down.

Stopped in tonight, picked up Vampyr for $19.99.  Let's see if I play it before it lands in the $5 bin at Gamestop.

Also picked up the complete fourth season of GoT on bluray for $12.99.  At this rate, I'll have the entire series if I keep stopping in once a month.

Stopped in tonight, no games but got GoT season 7 DVD for $12.99.

The big news is they built a kiosk in the back of the store for cell phones, phone plans and phone accessories.

The end is nigh.

Moar drops.

Had some additional stores FINALLY fall in line and mark down all PS3/360 games to $5.99.  They also marked all Wii U and 3DS games to $9.99 (Excluding Mario, Zelda, etc.).

So here's how I fared:

Game & Wario $9.99

Wii Sports Club $9.99

Was going to pick up Bayonetta but they wanted $10 each for 1 and 2.  No thanks, that should be considered one package.  There are a few other things I may consider, but nothing I have to get.  Still, those two pickups alone are pretty damn good.

Also, I found Shadow of the Tomb Raider PS4 for $12.99!  Obviously YMMV since another store still had it at $29.99.

bread's done
Back