Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone found any stores selling the MGSV in the DFW area? I haven't found anyone in the area yet selling the used copies.

went in saw

Nathan drake collection - $30

transformers devastation (360) - $20 didn't see it on xb1 or ps4 but they only had 1 copy each 

Just got MGS 5: Phantom Pain on XB1 for $20. Haven't been keeping up on the price but it is the cheapest i have seen.

I moved recently, so didn't have the time (or the money) to stop in.  I went back for the first time in 4 months last week and pretty much everything I had been waiting to go on sale had disappeared.  Family Video was dead to me since the sale dates had become so inconsistent.  

I stopped in on a whim since I was on the way back from a trip.  No games, but I did find the complete Aeon Flux series for $5.99.  That kinda makes up for the lack of decent sales lately.

They also have Star Wars on the shelf already.

I moved recently, so didn't have the time (or the money) to stop in. I went back for the first time in 4 months last week and pretty much everything I had been waiting to go on sale had disappeared. Family Video was dead to me since the sale dates had become so inconsistent.

I stopped in on a whim since I was on the way back from a trip. No games, but I did find the complete Aeon Flux series for $5.99. That kinda makes up for the lack of decent sales lately.

They also have Star Wars on the shelf already.
Yeah, I think they got Star Wars early. I was getting emails from them mid-week saying to "rent Star Wars tonight!"

I've been buying games and movies from them for years, still don't have a rental account!
We have one but haven't used it in about two years, since we rented a movie for the kids and they somehow lost it. We tore the house apart and I swear the disc got raptured or something.

We have one but haven't used it in about two years, since we rented a movie for the kids and they somehow lost it. We tore the house apart and I swear the disc got raptured or something.
My friend that worked at a FV said they clear all fees after 365 days.

Orly_owl.jpg

My friend that worked at a FV said they clear all fees after 365 days.
Not in my experience. I went to buy something at a Family Video a year or so ago, and there was a late fee from something forever old. The lady said she'd get rid of it because it was something another person rented on my account (likely my mom), but it was still in the system. Maybe it's changed since then, or it's case-by-case.

Regardless, I think they'll most likely waive something years old, just to get the customer back. I doubt most would worry about the $4 you owe from 2010.

Not in my experience. I went to buy something at a Family Video a year or so ago, and there was a late fee from something forever old. The lady said she'd get rid of it because it was something another person rented on my account (likely my mom), but it was still in the system. Maybe it's changed since then, or it's case-by-case.

Regardless, I think they'll most likely waive something years old, just to get the customer back. I doubt most would worry about the $4 you owe from 2010.
Maybe just this franchise does it? Or maybe it has to be a certain amount. This was a while ago since we talked about it.

For the most part, after 365 days, the late fee will still show up in our systems. But at that point, our computer deletes all essential data, so we don't exactly know what you rented and returned late. I just remove the late fees in that case to avoid a confrontation lol.

For the most part, after 365 days, the late fee will still show up in our systems. But at that point, our computer deletes all essential data, so we don't exactly know what you rented and returned late. I just remove the late fees in that case to avoid a confrontation lol.
That's exactly how it went for me. The lady said there was a late fee, but didn't know what from. I hadn't even been to a Family Video in probably 3 years, let alone that one. She said she'd dump it and did, and I bought my games.

Aside from the random updates from various CAGers about price changes they've noticed (and thanks), is there any consolidated list of recent changes?

XBO Wolf Old Blood 9.99
XBO/PS4 SW Battlefront 19.99
XBO/PS4 Homefront Revolution 29.99
XBO/PS4 Tony Hawk 5 12.99
XBO/PS4 Far Cry Primal 29.99

If you're lucky and are on good terms with the manager. Extremely YMMV.
thanks have no walked into a video store in years .they sent me a come into our store and get 25 free a few years back.. think rented a few movie and still had 15 or 20 left on my account

Long time bump. Just left FV and they had a B1G1 half off games for sale.  I think tomorrow is the last day.  Unfortunately the selection was pretty slim.

Also, I picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider :xb1: for $12.99.

Hell, I stopped going in because they would never drop the price of anything on sale and rarely put anything available for sale.  I'm including DVDs and BLUs with this.  They still have older movie releases at $12 that were much cheaper new on BF.

Went in today, got House of The Dead: Overkill and Dead Space: Extraction for $15 total starting to clear out a bunch of Wii games it looked like. Might be some good deals on the Wii games that never drop price. 

Went in today, got House of The Dead: Overkill and Dead Space: Extraction for $15 total starting to clear out a bunch of Wii games it looked like. Might be some good deals on the Wii games that never drop price.
If I could like your post 2x for house of the dead overkill I would.

Possibly YMMV, but I stopped in my local FV on Thursday and they marked all of their original DS games for sale @ 7.99 or 3/$21 right before I got there.  I picked up Pokemon Soul Silver, Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Pokemon White v 2, Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros.

Also picked up A Link Between Worlds for 9.99.  

Movie-wise, I grabbed Kung Fu Panda 3, The Good Dinosaur, Sisters and The Last Witch Hunter (all Blu-ray) for 2.50/each. Hardcore Henry was the same price, but the only copy was rented out. :(

Possibly YMMV, but I stopped in my local FV on Thursday and they marked all of their original DS games for sale @ 7.99 or 3/$21 right before I got there. I picked up Pokemon Soul Silver, Pokemon Conquest, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky, Pokemon White v 2, Super Mario 64 DS and New Super Mario Bros.

Also picked up A Link Between Worlds for 9.99.

Movie-wise, I grabbed Kung Fu Panda 3, The Good Dinosaur, Sisters and The Last Witch Hunter (all Blu-ray) for 2.50/each. Hardcore Henry was the same price, but the only copy was rented out. :(
No drops here, of course they rarely keep up with drops. Saw Blur, Afro Samurai PS3 at $10 each. Nothing else remotely worth mentioning. I'll check again Monday.

Saw a huge pile of Blus next to the desk, looks like they are being prepped to be shipped out. Different movies I had been keeping an eye on have disappeared.

Oh shit Family Video actually has a thread here. I work there and I can tell you the deals are never good on games. :/ Stinks that I don't get any employee discount or anything.

Oh shit Family Video actually has a thread here. I work there and I can tell you the deals are never good on games. :/ Stinks that I don't get any employee discount or anything.
Jvang would post whenever there were price drops. It wasn't a lot but you could occasionally find some deals.

I worked there for a few years during my college days and while deals are few and far between, sometimes real gems can be had. I got 3 copies of Skyword sword for $9.99 each, gave one to my wife, brother, and flipped the third. I also snagged Metroid Prime for $9.99, a few Pokemon games like Heartgold and Soulsilver, and an occasionaly low priced newish game.

The deals are incredibly ymmv and often hard to find but can be there.

I worked there for a few years during my college days and while deals are few and far between, sometimes real gems can be had. I got 3 copies of Skyword sword for $9.99 each, gave one to my wife, brother, and flipped the third. I also snagged Metroid Prime for $9.99, a few Pokemon games like Heartgold and Soulsilver, and an occasionaly low priced newish game.

The deals are incredibly ymmv and often hard to find but can be there.
This. Unfortunately, they cracked down on employees marking games for sale. It used to be, if the game hadn';t been rented in over a month or two, they could sell it. Not anymore... and I was working to get the sole copy of Ghostbusters :360: for $10 (more so now that it's XB1 BC). A few weeks ago, the girl I know said to wait a couple more weeks for they "hype" of the new movie to die down and then she'll sell it to me. The other day, she told me regional told her she was selling too much stuff and was barred from it anymore. :(

It's been too long haha. illucio, welcome to the Family Video family :D

All DS games should be marked $7.99 (or 3 for $21). Lots of good titles like Pokemon + Mario for the picking (if they haven't been rented in a few months that is :/ )

Also, today only, 1/15/17, it's Gamer Appreciation day. Feel free to walk in and rent any game for FREE!

A few of the local stores have marked about 50% of their PS3 and 360 games at $9.95.  Lots of crap but I was able to pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Alice: the madness returns and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Found Wii sports club and Mario power tennis for $10 each at a store out of town. Good ones to look out for.

The only thing I have ever managed to pry away from my local FV is two fire emblem radiant dawns years ago. It was a good score, but nothing else has ever gone well.

bread's done
Back