Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get a copy of MLB 2K13 (360) a couple months back because the store had 4 copies and my neighbor works there, think i paid $10 

Is MLB 2K13 on the 360 R1G1? It's got a $17.00 base TIV at GameStop, since it's the last game in the series.

Also, those new prices are pretty lame. Oh, well, might still see if there's anything worth picking up for the One sometime this week. I'd hoped for some $20 Forza Horizon 2 or Xenoverse or Sunset Overdrive. And sorry for the questions, still waiting to get my car fixed, so I can't willy nilly drive out and check myself right now.
sunset overdrive has been $20 at best buy ($16 with gcu)

Is MLB 2K13 on the 360 R1G1? It's got a $17.00 base TIV at GameStop, since it's the last game in the series.

Also, those new prices are pretty lame. Oh, well, might still see if there's anything worth picking up for the One sometime this week. I'd hoped for some $20 Forza Horizon 2 or Xenoverse or Sunset Overdrive. And sorry for the questions, still waiting to get my car fixed, so I can't willy nilly drive out and check myself right now.
Sunset Overdrive should be $19.99 if you can find it :) Check the OP!

I bought Destiny PS3 from FV the next city over on June 2nd.  Obviously I'm a CAG and I have a big backlog so I didn't get around to trying to play it until last night.  Open the case and they had given me the PS4 edition. 

I'll try to exchange it the next time I'm in the area.  Of course I could just say "screw that" since they're the store that always says no to selling games then they suddenly disappear.

BTW, went to the local store last night and TitanFall had still not been marked down from $19.95.

[quote name="2014CAGnewbie" post="12795600" timestamp="1436575092"]It's $19.99 at Best Buy with GCU. This week and next week.[/quote]

It's $15.99 with GCU

Thanks O...

tumblr_nlmru9T3FT1u91ry5o1_500.gif

got my neighbor to sell me marvel ultimate alliance 2 (360) for $10

but I saw mortal kombat x :ps4: for $30 think :xb1: is the same price but they only had 2 copies and an empty space. guessing they must need 2 copies left.

The one week I don't go in on Monday to check for game drops and apparently Zelda Skyward Sword gets put on sale. (and sold)

The stores have been dead for drops of any kind for a good couple months.

My car's still broken, so I can't take trips there on a whim to look for stuff. Instead, I have to wait for these updates and hope there's a reason to make a pointed trip there.

Thank you for the pleasent memories.

Back in the mid to late 90s, Family Video and American Video in Saginaw, MI was clearancing out their entire stock of Cartridge based games for SNES, GEN, NES and N64.

Because of this, my friend and I used the old FunCoLand (Gamestop now) used game brochire to see how much games sold for used, since trade in was about 50% of the used price.

We made a small fortune flipping.

Though I wish I kept some of the more rare games like Chrono and Earthbound.

Last deal I got was a couple weeks ago. They had about half of the 3DS/DS games marked 3 for 21$.  I got Zelda Spirit tracks, GTA Chinatown Wars, and Pokemon White. 

No such luck around here.  I did stop at one while traveling and found The Orange Box PS3 for $7.99.  They had the 360 version tagged $5.99 but it was rented out. 

Other than the good games disappearing untagged at random times, nothing else going on.  Seems as if they have decided to hold onto stock for much longer than they used to.

We have one here, I never remember when I'm over that way. I might swing in tomorrow and see if anything is there worth picking up.

Was at Family Video tonight for the first time ever they had a big bin of, mostly older, PS3 games all marked at 7.99 or 3 for 21. A few gems in there, but my Family Video almost never marks prices. Not sure if this is something other Family Videos have or not, but it was new at my store. I just bought Killer is Dead and Castlevania 2, but there were a few others I almost pulled the trigger on. 

Only thing I've noticed recently was Assassins Creed Rogue for $12.99 both PS3 and 360.

Is that worth a pick-up?
I thought it was enjoyable. I'd get it if you liked AC4 or just the games in general. The Xbox 360 version will trade in for 20 before PUR at Gamestop this weekend if you're into that.

It would seem this thread is dead once again.
Not if I can help it! Sorry for the long hiatus, all!

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28/15
hot!68.gif
--> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

Addition

Price Drop

:360: , Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1

:xb1: , Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2

:xb1: , Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1 :hot:

:ps4: , Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2

Price More

:360: , Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3 :hot:

:360: , Titanfall, $12.99, 1

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $29.99, 2

:xb1: , Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

Weird. I just called my closest store and was told that they have to hold all copies of sunset overdrive. He said they had three.

On the hopeful side, I think this was the new guy and not either the manager or the girl who usually hook me up. I'll be stopping up in the morning to see what's up.

Sunset's pretty good, if a little short and pretty easy. I'm not sure if I liked it or Mordor more overall. Probably Sunset, as Mordor had a very abrupt, crappy end, and lacked ANY challenge whatsoever. If you can get it for $13, it's worth it. however, it might be down to $15 new pre-GCU for Black Friday (it's $30 now). It's too bad Microsoft's such a pile of crap with sales, because I'd maybe rebuy this for $13 if the Season Pass were 50% off.

I stopped in and the assistant manager I'm friends with sold me a Sunset, despite none being marked for sale.  I figured it was just an uninformed new employee that refused to budge when I called about it.

I stopped in and the assistant manager I'm friends with sold me a Sunset, despite none being marked for sale. I figured it was just an uninformed new employee that refused to budge when I called about it.
Glad everything worked out :) I need to get an XB1 for Sunset!

Picked up sunset overdrive for $13 today. Good price. They only had one.

LATEST UPDATE as of 10/23/15
hot!68.gif
 --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

:ps3:Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:

:360:Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

I feel like $20 is still too high for elder scrolls. Waiting for $20 new from best buy.

I feel like $20 is still too high for elder scrolls. Waiting for $20 new from best buy.
I haven't played this game in almost two months. I popped it in the other day to play... and the multiplayer battling requires an additional $30-40 purchase now. They made a DLC that allows players to enter a specific area, and if you aren't in there... then you're running around playing by yourself.

I was so let down by that.

Also, all the rooms are empty now. There are just like 1-2 rooms that have people in them.

LATEST UPDATE as of 10/23/15
hot!68.gif
--> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Mad Max: $25 BB base = $40 with GCU.

MGS V (last gen): $23 base = $36.80 with GCU

Only ones in the update with any flip potential. For me, MGS makes about $4 and Max makes about $8.

Mad Max: $25 BB base = $40 with GCU.

MGS V (last gen): $23 base = $36.80 with GCU

Only ones in the update with any flip potential. For me, MGS makes about $4 and Max makes about $8.
ITALICIZING GAME TITLES IS DUMB

ITALICIZING GAME TITLES IS DUMB
I know, what kind of moron follows proper English grammar rules?!

Just to make use of what I know annoys you: I might go grab Mad Max and MGS, if I decide to make a Best Buy purchase. Have to get Halo 5 and Fallout 4, so I might as well. Considering trading in Forza 6 as well because it could go on-sale for Black Friday.

Any updates on prices?? Also do I have to be a member of Family Video to purchase games from them?
These are the most recent. They typically update once a month, so probably in the next 1-2 weeks.

Nope, you can just walk in and purchase anything you like even without being a member!

bread's done
Back