Official Family Video Used Game Sales! 2.0

jvang117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
933 (100%)
Welcome To The Official Family Video Game Deals Thread 2.0.

*Special thanks to XT14 for taking care of the previous thread! As Cloud Strife said to Zack Fair in Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, I will be your living legacy!*

Shipping is $1.99 for an entire transaction whether you order 1 item or 100 items.

Links:

Current Coupon Code: *Online Only*

10% off a video game purchase - RENTGAME

FAQ's:

What if the price isn't accurate in store? Ask them to scan the title anyway and/or check the master game sales list online as my prices ARE accurate.

What if the in store game has no for sale sticker? Sorry. Chances are it isn't for sale because we usually leave a few for rent, but it doesn't hurt to ask an employee just in case.

Why doesn't the online price reflect your price? Although Family Video and FamilyVideo.com are the same thing and prices *usually* should match, there are times when they do not or might be sold out. Sorry.

Do games come with manuals/boxes? All games should come with the original artwork/case, but sometimes rental customers don't return manuals, so it's about 50/50.

What if I buy a game that doesn't work? All games are guaranteed to be in working condition. We clean all games before selling them. You can even replace games in the store that were purchased online! People have told me that the e-commerce site is also very helpful with returns/replacements.

What if my store is not offering the specials listed, is this YMMV? No, this is not YMMV. Unless the store is down to its last few copies of a game, it should be available for sale. If they refuse to sell it to you for the price listed and/or you have recurring problems with a store, please check out this link to help both you and our company to improve.
https://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php#q17

What do the numbers next to the titles mean? The numbers represent how many copies of an item a B&M store will protect for rental only. For example, if you see 4 copies on the shelf for rent and my listing has a (3) beside it, 1 should be available for sale. Listings with a (5) means that there will be at least 5 kept for rent, but if the title is renting well the remaining copies may or may not be for sale. At this point, please ask a staff member for assistance.

LATEST UPDATE as of 09/28//15

:hot: --> noticeable prices!

Type of Sale

System, Title, Price, Protect Quantity

Addition

:ps4: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:ps4: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Mad Max, $29.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2  :hot:

:ps3: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

:360: , Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1  :hot:

Price Drop

:ps4: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

:xb1: , Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2  :hot:

Price More

:ps4: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:ps4: , Order 1886, $19.99, 1

:xb1: , Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2

:360: , Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Video Game Sales Master List (yellow denotes new additions/price drops/price mores from above)

:ps4:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:
Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2

Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3
Order 1886, $19.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:xb1:
Batman: Arkham Knight, $29.99, 2
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Edition, $19.99, 2 :hot:

Mad Max, $29.99, 2 :hot:

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $39.99, 2
Mortal Kombat X, $29.99, 3

State of Decay, $19.99, 1
Sunset Overdrive, $12.99, 1  :hot:
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

Witcher III: Wild Hunt, $29.99, 2

:ps3: 
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 1

Battlefield: Hardline, $19.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 2
Destiny, $19.99, 1
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:360:
Alien: Isolation, $12.99, 1
Amazing Spiderman 2, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, $12.99, 1
Assassin's Creed: Rogue, $12.99, 2
Batman: Arkham Origins, $12.99, 2
Battlefield 4, $12.99, 1
Borderlands: The Presequel!, $12.99, 1
Call of Duty: Ghosts, $12.99, 2
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, $19.99, 3
Destiny, $19.99, 2
Dragon Age: Inquisition, $19.99, 1
Enemy Front, $12.99, 1
Far Cry 4, $19.99, 2
Halo 3: Multiplayer Maps, $4.99, 0
Madden NFL 15, $19.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, $12.99, 1
Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain, $29.99, 1 :hot:
Sniper Elite III, $12.99, 1
South Park: Stick of Truth, $12.99, 1
Splinter Cell: Blacklist, $12.99, 1
Thief, $12.99, 1
Titanfall, $12.99, 1
Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark, $12.99, 1
Walking Dead: Season Two, $12.99, 1
Watch Dogs, $12.99, 1

:wii: &  :ds: All Wii and DS games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99, EXCEPT for the titles listed below. All copies of these titles should be protected.

:wii:

Kirby: Return to Dreamland
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Party 9
New Super Mario Bros Wii
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

:ds:
Mario Kart DS
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros
Pokemon Black 2
Pokemon White 2
Super Mario 64 DS

Rent 1, Get 1: R1G1 (denoted by pink stickers) games should be priced down to 1 copy at $9.99. Last copies of zero-renters can be priced at $7.99 per manager approval.

Sports & Music Game Liquidation: Please price all R1G1 copies of the following franchises at $5.99.

SPORTS -->

FIFA Soccer
Madden Football
Major League Baseball 2K
MLB The Show
NASCAR
NBA 2K
NBA Live
NCAA Football
NHL Hockey
Tiger Woods Golf

MUSIC -->

Guitar Hero
Rock Band

And lastly as always, new members at retail stores get 50% off of any rentals (movies or games) for their first 30 days...so if you haven't signed up..it's fast, free, and easy. Thank you for reading this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="VidgamesgivemeA_D_D" post="12300477" timestamp="1417749984"]Didn't mean any offense by making another thread for Sunset. I already own the game anyway just thought it was a great deal. [/quote]
Thanks for doing it! I don't follow this thread so I would have never found that deal otherwise.

Just got an update from Family Video....

Thank you for your recent order.

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) is/are no longer available:

1 x Wolfenstein: The New Order : Xbox One (USED)

We have canceled the item(s) on your behalf and issued a refund for the canceled title(s).

We apologize for the inconvenience and would like to offer you a $2.00 OFF coupon for your next order at FamilyVideo.com.

Simply enter the code below at checkout and redeem your discount:
They did the same to me. I emailed them like two days before that and asked what the holdup was. I got an email back stating it was in fulfillment and would ship soon. Then they cancel. They suck and I will not be shopping with them online anymore. That one incident is all I need. Poor cs imo. Plenty of other outlets for used games to deal with that.

In completely uninteresting news, I was able to find a FV near me that sold me Wolfenstein for $12.99. woot

Wow, that's an outdated price lol. Should be $12.99 as of 12/15/14 :)
I went in on the evening of 12/15/14. Maybe that's why I never seem to get any of the games after they drop, they're waiting until after Monday to tag them.

Also, one of the stores I stop by re-arranged the game section and a copy of Fire Emblem I was eyeballing was gone. :bs:

thanks got transformers for xb1 and a copy of house of the dead overkill for ps3 for $10. theres a few I may pick up later, I was just surprised my store updated prices on a few things.

I got rejected when asking about a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy when I was on the road yesterday and stopped at a store in Rhinelander, Wisconsin.   I asked about purchasing wii games that weren't priced and said that other stores sometimes sell wii games that don't rent well and aren't on the list of exclusions.   She insisted she can only sell the games that are priced and that she would get in trouble from corporate if she sold any other games.  She started arguing with me and asked what stores sold me games and said she had run 6 family videos so far and knows the rules.  Not the most friendly woman but I thanked her anyways.   So if anyone is in that area, you may want to give it a shot if they feel like they can convince the manager to sell it.   They also had two copies of Skyward Sword. 

The local store is terrible at selling games.  There are several old PS3 games that have three copies as R1G1 with none of them for sale.  Stuff like Black Ops, Metro Last Light, Minecraft (4 copies), Resident Evil Revelations, etc. 

After hearing the luck around this thread, I get pretty frustrated.

I got rejected when asking about a copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy when I was on the road yesterday and stopped at a store in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. I asked about purchasing wii games that weren't priced and said that other stores sometimes sell wii games that don't rent well and aren't on the list of exclusions. She insisted she can only sell the games that are priced and that she would get in trouble from corporate if she sold any other games. She started arguing with me and asked what stores sold me games and said she had run 6 family videos so far and knows the rules. Not the most friendly woman but I thanked her anyways. So if anyone is in that area, you may want to give it a shot if they feel like they can convince the manager to sell it. They also had two copies of Skyward Sword.
Hodag country lol

Probably very ymmv, but I just left the Lower Burrel PA store and they had a huge section of Sin City Dame to Kill For 3d for sale for 2.99/2 for 5. Apparently this store received a large misship of thr 3d version and is just trying to get rid of them.

I grabbed two.

Probably very ymmv, but I just left the Lower Burrel PA store and they had a huge section of Sin City Dame to Kill For 3d for sale for 2.99/2 for 5. Apparently this store received a large misship of thr 3d version and is just trying to get rid of them.

I grabbed two.
Did they come with all 3 discs?

I grabbed two.

Did they come with all 3 discs?
Mine did too, they are selling just the 3D disk. I don't think I've ever seen FV sell more than one disk at a time (i.e., DVD with Blu-ray, 3D Blu-ray with 2D Blu-ray, etc.).

I grabbed two.
I can confirm this also at the Route 51 Pittsburgh, PA store also. For $3 for some 3D Eva Greene boobies I am in.

I grabbed two.
Nice, thanks for posting, I might stop down there and see if there's any left.

Final Fantasy 13-2 (PS3) -- got a good copy at Family Video for $9.99.  Tried it out via rental before hand and really enjoyed it.

Stopped in tonight and noticed a few older PS3 and 360 games have been freshly tagged with "$7.99 each or buy 3 for $21".

Since I recently picked up a 500gb 360 on Target clearance, I decided to grab 3/$21.

Warriors: Legends of Troy - PS3

Lost Odyssey - 360

Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad - 360

What's up with 360 cases?  Lost Odyssey has four discs and the case only holds three, the last one has to be in a paper sleeve.

Also, this is my first 360.  What are some good exclusives I can pick up from FV sales?  (Yeah, yeah, Halo and Gears of War.... what else is there?)

Tried to get fire emblem and was denied. Idk why since the guy was cool to sell it until the other lady came and shot it down. Still pucked up tatsunoko vs capcom and marvel ultimate alliance 2 for $10 each

Stopped in tonight and noticed a few older PS3 and 360 games have been freshly tagged with "$7.99 each or buy 3 for $21".

Since I recently picked up a 500gb 360 on Target clearance, I decided to grab 3/$21.

Warriors: Legends of Troy - PS3
Lost Odyssey - 360
Onechanbara Bikini Samurai Squad - 360

What's up with 360 cases? Lost Odyssey has four discs and the case only holds three, the last one has to be in a paper sleeve.

Also, this is my first 360. What are some good exclusives I can pick up from FV sales? (Yeah, yeah, Halo and Gears of War.... what else is there?)
That is the correct US case for Lost Odyssey. Only Japan & Europe got the 4-disc standard size 360 case.

I'm always courteous, but I seem to have worn out my welcome around my neighborhood Family Video stores. There's a slight roll of the eyes when I come in, and they're quick to shoot down any request I have about buying games, no matter how polite.

Of course, this might be because I got multiple copies of Pokemon Heartgold, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Rock Band PS3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, etc. over the course of the last few months. Still, all I did was ask. THEY sold them to me.

I'm always courteous, but I seem to have worn out my welcome around my neighborhood Family Video stores. There's a slight roll of the eyes when I come in, and they're quick to shoot down any request I have about buying games, no matter how polite.

Of course, this might be because I got multiple copies of Pokemon Heartgold, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Rock Band PS3, Zelda: Skyward Sword, etc. over the course of the last few months. Still, all I did was ask. THEY sold them to me.
I get a standard reply of "is it marked? It's only for sale if it's marked". Obviously not, they had a copy of Fire Emblem disappear suddenly a month ago. I just stopped going to that store.

I get a standard reply of "is it marked? It's only for sale if it's marked". Obviously not, they had a copy of Fire Emblem disappear suddenly a month ago. I just stopped going to that store.
Actually depending on the manager they may not be lying... the store i work at gives the employees free range to make sale decisions but the store 10 minutes down the street has a manager that wont let them sell the game unless he marks them. There are many ways a game can go missing, never returned, damaged out, lost or stolen, etc. All family video stores are different.

bread's done
Back